LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Afraid I can't be much help, seeing as I'm not the kind of girlie wot poos - it's true, nothing comes out of my behind except for rainbows and rose petals :kiss:

Marie - wow! what fab news - I shall hold the front page for you chikkie xxx

Teta, I'm not really having cramps, but everything in there does get sore and stretchy from time to time

sarah - I'm ridiculously thirsty too - but mostly drinking very weak black Earl Grey, fruit teas and water ... except at weekends when I go into serious juicing mode!

Care - it is so nice when the meds stop! You're 12 weeks tomorrow, so don't worry, your placenta will be doing all the work now xxx

AFM I have a horrid chest infection - it's doing the rounds at work and it looks like I'm to have it over easter :(

Awwww, that sucks Urch. I use grapefruit seed extract if I ever get bronchitis or infection. Put it in some juice (only a couple ounces) 3 or 4 times a day. Clears up strep too. I just made some ear drops with it because I have had a really painful left ear. Feels better today. I hope you feel better soon!

Klein - Usually I get the candy and DH doesn't even know I have bought any til it shows up on whatever holiday. Unfortunately this year I can't shop so he has bought and eaten and rebought a LOT so far. He has had me hid some and then threatens if I don't tell where it is.. :rofl:

I think you picked a great way to memorialize your husband with DD. And I'm not surprised your current DH was willing to do whatever you wanted after you ok'd Nole. :winkwink:

Marie - Congrats! It definitely sounded like it could be twins with those betas. Do you know if the sacs measured the same? With ours the two that took were the same and the one that we lost was smaller so we kind of knew who we could expect to stick around. Hope both are sticky little beans for you :dust:

It is so strange how each clinic is different about releasing to OB/midwife. Mine keeps through 12 weeks. :shrug:

Teta - I haven't really had cramping but I do get twinges from time to time and get groin pain now and then.

Care - congrats on finishing the progesterone! I understand being nervous but at 12 weeks you should definitely be ok to stop.

Sarah - I had awful dry mouth the past few weeks but it seems less bad this week than it has been. I read online that it can be common and isn't always a sign of gestational diabetes - so hopefully we can both avoid that.

Urch - sorry for the infection :hugs: It's awful when we can't take much of anything. On the good side though we are both 1/3 of the way there! :wohoo:

First OB appointment went well yesterday. Took over 3 hours though by the time we met with the OB nurse, did bloodwork, met with the Dr and then went to ultrasound.

Didn't get a real ultrasound since I had one with the RE last week, they did check cervical length though. I was glad they did that since I am concerned about cervical competence due to a procedure I had about 10 years ago - and even moreso since it is twins. It checked out fine for now. They are going to check it each appointment.

I go every 4 weeks for right now and they will do an ultrasound and cervical check each time. So we will end up having lots of ultrasounds pictures by the end.

DH went since I wanted him to meet the new Dr and know where the office was. He was bored of course so I sent him to the hospital cafeteria. He was very pleased that the food was the same as in February since it is the same hospital company as the one I was admitted to. :haha:

Ended up not doing any screening tests. Once I told the OB nurse and Dr that we wouldn't do amnio they said it was a waste of time since all it really did was make them advise to do amnio. Was glad there wasn't a lot of pressure to do them.

My OB is out of the office for my next appt so I will be seeing the perinatologist. I'm kind of glad to go ahead and see him now so he knows my case already in case there are problems later.

Only 27 days til next ultrasound! :yipee:

Hi everyone. Finally, something's happening with me. Today I had my first ultrasound at 6w3d. It was so sweet because the nurse practitioner was the one I worked with last fall during my iuis. She's always been wonderful and was smiling ear to ear today. Everything looks good - she said "perfect". We saw a heartbeat and the creature is measuring 6w4d. Yay!!!! So glad we transferred two embryos, I would have been so miserable if we'd done one and it didn't stick.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Great news sienna! Glad to hear everything went well :happydance:

mornink!

still poorly and miserable - not the best easter hols :(

awww hope you get better urch! is mr urch pampering you?

sienna1 thats amazing news! :cloud9:

I *think* my lower tummy id getting more rounded looking, it seems to be sticking out a bit more and I cant suck it in!!

Sienna - great news!

Urchin - feeling better?

Sarah - glad you're starting to look pg...so exciting!

Mrs. Bear - happy everything is going well! I'm not too sure about the sizes of the sacs & he said it was too early to measure. I thought one looked slightly larger than the other (maybe 25%) so not sure what it means. If i hear 2hbs & see 2fps on thursday, that should tell me they're both developing. How much smaller was your 3rd that didn't make it?

Hey Ladies,

How's your Easter weekend? It's cold and blustery here! I went to the beach to stay with friends for a couple of days though - I like walking along the beach even when it's freezing!

Congrats Sienna and Marie. Marie, twins! So exciting!! :happydance::happydance:

I woke up one day last week and made the decision to sell my house. I won't know until next week whether my midget has picked up pace, but even if things don't go well this time round, I can't imagine having a baby in this house so I decided I should fix that up now. Wish me luck with the auction!

Kiseki, what day do you have your check-up? Wishing the very best for you.

morning all - still rough this morning I'm afraid. I spent last night at the hospital getting checked out and it turns out that I have a viral chest infection and a bacterial bladder infection.
They think it is the bladder that's causing the high temps but I disagree
Either way I am now on penicillin

oh you poor thing urch, hope it all clears up really fast :hugs::kiss:

Kiseki what day this week is your next ultrasound? ok editing as I looked back, I think its a week today.

kiseki - good luck on the house sale :flower:

urch - hope you start feeling better soon :hugs: being sick and preggo is NO fun

Mrs. Bear - happy everything is going well! I'm not too sure about the sizes of the sacs & he said it was too early to measure. I thought one looked slightly larger than the other (maybe 25%) so not sure what it means. If i hear 2hbs & see 2fps on thursday, that should tell me they're both developing. How much smaller was your 3rd that didn't make it?

It was quite a bit smaller and collapsed. They would have been able to tell that if that had been the case for you. FX one of yours just implanted later so the other is farther along. It is so hard to get good measurements that early anyways. Sending you good vibes for Thursday! :flower:

I tried to post something earlier, but my phone froze. Lets try it again.

Marie, I pray your bean catches up. I know a couple girls who had similar first U/S. Good luck on selling your house!

Urch,I am so sorry you have to go through this. :( I hope you get better soon.

AFM, my doppler came today! As soon as it came my husband took a break so we could listen. He wouldn't even let me read the directions, so I wasn't sure what setting to put it on. I assume the woosh woosh noise is the placenta? and the thud thud (but almost has a wooshing thud thud, lol I don't know how to explain it) is the HB. It was all over the place 138-180 so I am not sure what is accurate. Anyway, I didn't want to use it long because it says not to put it near the placenta and I seemed to be able to hear that more often than the HB. So I stopped. I kind of pushed down while doing it and my left side hurts around my ovary. I wonder if I pushed on the cysts and ovary too much?

Are any of you having daily headaches?

Care - not sure about the doppler. I have a headache pretty much every day in late afternoon.

AFM, my doppler came today! As soon as it came my husband took a break so we could listen. He wouldn't even let me read the directions, so I wasn't sure what setting to put it on. I assume the woosh woosh noise is the placenta? and the thud thud (but almost has a wooshing thud thud, lol I don't know how to explain it) is the HB. It was all over the place 138-180 so I am not sure what is accurate. Anyway, I didn't want to use it long because it says not to put it near the placenta and I seemed to be able to hear that more often than the HB. So I stopped. I kind of pushed down while doing it and my left side hurts around my ovary. I wonder if I pushed on the cysts and ovary too much?

Are any of you having daily headaches?

I have a headache today :growlmad: first one for a while though.

as for the doppler this website has a soundbite of what bubs HB will sound like
https://www.sweetpeasoundwaves.com/
click on listen here
its more of a galloping sound. when I first started Id hear a lot of swooshing and my HB...I could tell its mine as I put my finger on my neck and it was the same pace. I do press down quite hard and I found its better when you angle towards your pubic bone.

Sarah- thanks for posting the link. I am deciding which doppler to purchase and the link will be a good reference when it comes in :)

Care-Which doppler did you get?

Urchin-So sorry your so sick. I hope that the meds start to kick in soon for you!

Kiseki-Good luck with the house sell. I hope everything turns out great for you!

Sienna-Glad things are going well!

AFM-
Scan went well today. Baby Klein was moving around a bit and measured 9w3d so that's perfect. Progesterone was a 50. They are pleased with that. 2 more appointments and then I'll be released to my OB. I'm so nervous about that! Anyone else just seem like that's suck a huge step?

Attachments

• IMG_0615.jpg
    IMG_0615.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe