LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Dis - I feel you, my body hair is insane! :dohh: The stool definitely helps. Even just to reach to wash my legs/toes I will prop them on the stool rather than trying to bend over. There is no way I could shave my legs without it.

I think this is the one I have. My mom got it at a local medical supply store so you can probably find something that will work locally if you don't want to wait.

https://www.amazon.com/I-Fit-Backless-Shower-Chair/dp/B003E6HR80

The seat is really wide and it is super stable. The handles really help too so you don't have to work so much to keep your balance sitting - you can hold on or lean on your arms if you want. The legs are adjustable - mine is set pretty high so it isn't a strain getting up and down.

Looks like i'm having twins! There was 2 hbs & 2 fps. He said one is 2 days behind the other but still within the normal range. Dh was so happy, tears were running down his face when i called him. I asked him why he is so emotional, i thought he knew all along there were 2.

I didn't ask about weight gain, i'll save that for my MW next week. Sarah, i don't know how you lost weight the 1st trimester. I am starving all the time. I don't think i'll have any trouble gaining if this keeps up. Mrs. Bear, is your appetite in overdrive or is it just me?

Mrs.Bear, I wanted to let you know that I just noticed hair on my belly the other day! I never noticed because it is hard to see, but it is actually almost half a centimetre long! I was rubbing my belly because it is so soft after I started using this oil I made, and I noticed it then. I can't see it in the bathroom because there isn't a lot of natural light. It is about an inch above my belly button and all the way down. Weird.

I had a chair after ivf because I was told I couldn't shower for 3 days unless I sat. But I haven't used one since. Honestly, I bath these days more than shower. They suck because they aren't hot, but oh well.

OMG, Marie I just saw your post!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Wow, twins. Such a blessing.

About the hunger, I feel like I am starving all the time! The reason you can loose weight though, is even if you are starving, if you have really bad morning sickness you won't be eating much or it will come right back up. Sorry to be gross, but it is true. Even if you don't eat bile comes up. It is very unpleasant.

Marie that's great news, congrats!!!

I felt hungry at the very beg of first tri... but the nausea and sickness kicked in the day I turned 6 weeks and hasn't left me yet.

I'm down about 7 pounds from before pg as well, its so hard to eat. I find the only thing that stays down is a protein bistro box from starbucks (which I eat everyday now, hate paying $5 for a boiled egg and some fruit and peanut butter but can't bother making it myself - mcuh easier to buy breakfast on way into work). Lunch is usually dinner leftovers, but both dinner and lunch don't go down very easily - still haven't found what I like - I just eat cause I have to, not craving much.

Marie-YAY!!! So excited for you. That's amazing news!

marie sooooo happy for you!! :cloud9::cloud9:

and yes, I lost the 10 pounds as I had a good 2 weeks of barely eating anything but toast and crackers. and then another good month of eating way less than I usually do so it dropped off. I find it hard to lose weight and have wanted to lose 40 pounds for a while now, so was surprised, I guess not eating does it! I found that even though I didnt vomit that much I had a constant nausea feeling in my throat and I had to force myself to eat.

what does everyone think of the vomiting = girl theory? due to their hormones? I know someone on here who needed medication for nausea and is having a boy so Im not so sure its true.

Im 15 weeks tomorrow and definitely getting a little bit of a rounded tummy, but it just looks like Ive put on weight, not a bump yet! MW could feel the top of my uterus inbetween my pubic bone and belly button so its definitely moving up.

I just ordered a couple of things from here
https://www.bellyarmor.com/
my hubby is well into that kind of thing and insisted, so I got a blanket which I like and can use anyway plus a belly band. I sit at a computer all day plus use laptops, cell phones etc. He is also going to be wiring a baby monitor as he wont allow a cordless device near the baby...thinks thats insane at a young age! Im just like yes dear :awww:

Sarah, I am like your hubby. I just saw those blankets and although I have no idea if they actually protect baby (since the rest of us is exposed), I like the idea of it. My mom wanted to get us a video monitor, but I wouldn't allow one because of the microwaves. There is actually a co-relation between microwaves (wifi, cell phones, 2.4 ghz cell phone bases, etc...) and not being able to naturally expel heavy metals from our bodies. Imagine what that could do to a baby. I know the autism-mmr vaccine link is because of heavy metals and extreme heavy metals in the body are linked to autism, so I believe if a young child or baby is exposed to these signals all the time and has a high concentration of heavy metals in their body, their chances of autism are much greater. JMO.

This is way TMI, but about the vomit thing; I only bring it up and it goes back down. For a few weeks that happened if I even moved a bit, now it has lessened but I am still nauseous. I have a fear of vomiting and if I ever eat something bad or have the flu and I know I have to get it out, I have to stick my finger down my throat. I know it is even grosser to swallow it, but it is a reaction and I can't help it. My midwife says I fight it, but actually getting it out probably won't make me feel better like if I ate something bad.

My sister-in-law was horribly sick throughout her whole 9 months for her first two pregnancies. For her third she was never sick so everybody thought it was a boy, but nope another beautiful girl!

Speaking of wives tales. Has anybody tried the baking soda test? Mine said girl, but I don't know if the added progesterone could effect the results. I don't think so.

care thats very interesting. He has read up on all sorts of things and even changed our cordless home phone back to a wired.

I used to make myself sick too as I would feel so much better when it came up. I couldnt imagine swallowing but it is better in than out nutrient wise so if it works for you then thats good!!

whats the baking soda test?

Marie - yay for another set of twins!!! I haven't been super hungry at all yet. But I spent most of the first tri recovering from the OHSS and having nausea so it was a chore to eat at all. I ended up losing 15 pounds on top of the 40 pounds of OHSS fluid I lost. I had nausea til about 10 weeks then it started to taper off. Not feeling much of any nausea these days but still not really craving anything or eating a ton. :shrug:

Sarah - I don't believe much in the vomit=girl theory but I guess like everything else it is right about half the time :haha:. I don't know what Care's baking soda test is either.

Marie, yay!!! I'm so thrilled for you.
I had to stop visiting the Feb/March IVF thread after the losses our little cohort was having.

Mrs. Bear, I can't believe how serious your OHSS symptoms were! 40 lbs of fluid!? My doctor was going to freeze all my embryos because of my high estrogen and follicle count making OHSS more likely, but thank god she allowed a transfer on day 5, after giving me time to see if I was going to have symptoms.

Wow, i feel really lucky right now i have not been plagued with the nausea/vomiting yet even though it is only 6w2d. I'm hoping i am like my 2 sisters who onle had one or 2 days per pg of MS. I probably just jinxed myself. I feel really hungry all the time so i guess my body is getting ready.
Mrs. Bear & Dis - can't imagine what you were/are going through with the nausea.

Hi ladies :wave:

I've just recently finished catching up on this thread and wanted to join in on the fun! Hope I'm not too late! =) After almost 2 years of TTC with 1 MC in July 2010, I just recently learned I am pregnant! I am now 5w4d and still cannot really believe it.

I have my first ultrasound appt end of April, and maybe once I see a heartbeat it will feel more real. Congrats to all you ladies on your BFPs :happydance:

hi purple!

Congratulations on your BFP! :flower:
Welcome to this wonderful group! :hugs:

Hi Purple! Welcome and congrats! I don't always feel like this is real yet and I am 13 weeks today. I think I am just scared.

I saw the baking soda test here at B&B. I guess you put a tsp of baking soda in a cup and pee a bit on it. If it fizzles it's a boy and if it's flat it's a girl. Obviously it is just for fun, but a lot of women say it worked for them.

I had a huge chunk of time yesterday where I hardly felt nauseous!

Mrs.Bear I can't imagine 40lbs of fluid. I thought 7 lbs was a ton. Wow.

welcome purple_hope! where in canada are you? and believe me I still dont believe Im pregnant either!!

care I will try it! was it fizzy or flat for you?

So Im 15 weeks today :happydance: I go for my 2nd set of bloods for my screening in my 16th week. And I can go for my ultrasound from 18-20 weeks. MW said that if I go too early I might have to go back if they cant measure anything. So I said Id compromise and go in my 19th week, but now Im thinking I will go in my 18th week and can go back if I need, then I will see bub twice :haha:

Hello :flower:

I was wondering if I could join you ladies?

I was due to start ivf this month and have been focusing only on getting ready for ivf, needle training and reading up on the drugs, we half heart heartedly dtd around ov time just because it feels wrong not too, I was diagnosed with pco at my pre ov scan I had 40 follicles and the doctor said it's very unlikely to ovulate with that many follicles, my oh also has poor morphology and I have a heart shaped uterus.. So between us things were not looking hopeful for a natural bfp.

Af was late, I just put it down to stress or possibly not ovulating due to there being so many follicles, I was really fed up and just wanted af to come so I could start stimming (short protocol so stimming cd 3/4ish) I went out and bought a bottle of wine some blue cheese and some salami with the idea to enjoy the last days of being unpregnant, I thought I'd better do a test out of habit if I want to drink in the 2ww and to my absolute supprise it was a bfp! On cycle 20 the week before ivf!

I still don't believe it I'd like to feel more sick as now I feel so frightened that I'm not actually pregnant, so far it all feels too good to be true.

I'm due on the 9th of December, we have out 1st scan booked for the week after next, I hope the time goes fast!

Congratulations to all you lttc/assisted conception ladies, it's so nice to know so many of us get pregnant eventually. I hope all our lttc friends join us soon:hugs:

Lovie - that is some story, congrats...what a miracle. Don't worry about the lack of symptoms, not everyone gets them all or just mild versions of them.

Urchin - you can put me down for nov 11 with twins

Mrs.Bear - i have a question about BF with twins. I'm leaning toward not doing it at all bc it sounds like quite a committment. I read you have to BF them at the same time in a criss-cross position to make sure you have a steady milk supply. I feel guilty & selfish going right to formula but realistically if i'm going to be up all night & day, i can't do it on a healthy BF diet with no caffeine. At the same time, they say if you can BF for 6 weeks, your body will heal faster. I have plenty of time to decide but i am so torn.

Lovie that is amazing! Perfect timing! I didn't have any symptoms (besides sore boobs which came and went until a few weeks ago) until 6 or 7 weeks. And some women don't get MS. I wished for it too though, so I understand (as I think everybody here does).

Marie, it is your own choice. Of course it is healthier to BF, but if you try and it doesn't work out, try not to feel too guilty. I have seen some great info on BF twins though. I will try and find one of the threads I saw (it wasn't here). You can always pump too and get help from DH. And if you are interested in giving it a try, I would look into a lactation consultant in your area. BF can be frustrating sometimes and without one it is easy to give up. There is this cool pillow I saw where you BF them and hold them football style in each arm. And you can BF separate, but it is probably a big time saver to BF them together. Whichever way you choose to feed, you will soon get them on a schedule and it will get easier with time.

I am lucky that my midwife is a lactation consultant. I have seen friends and family members have such a hard time with getting baby to latch on or just get frustrated. The LC get busy so it is good to contact one sooner rather than later if you think you want to BF. Chances are you may have to supplement a bit with formula in the beginning anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->