LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Thanks Care, that is reassuring. I would feel a lot better if i could BF at least the 1st 6 weeks while i'm off work & pumping & having dh help might take a little pressure off of me. If i supplement with formula, i may be able to go a few more months too. I see my MW for the first time in 2 wks so maybe she can give me some good info. I haven't heard of football style. There are probably a lot of tricks out there.

Thanks yellowbell! It's nice to meet up in a pregnancy thread! :D

sarah I'm from Toronto. Wow so I have at least 10 more weeks of feeling this is unreal, LOL! Good to know.

Welcome lovie :wave: I am also 5w5d and due Dec 9!! So cool! From your story, does this mean you could be pregnant with multiples?

marie in my opinion I think you would need to try BF to decide if it would work for you. I think it can be hard to have a plan and if things don't go exactly as planned we'll feel guilty and maybe even beat ourselves up for 'failing'. I say just "plan" to try it and see how it goes =)

AFM - I can't wait for my first ultrasound appt April 26th!! It just can't come soon enough. I'm also not sure if I should or can bring my DH to it.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome ladies :)

marie 44 maybe you could combi feed? even one or 2 feeds a day from you will do good for the twins. Best of luck :)

purple home how lovely that we are due on the same day!! i also have my scan on the 26th, i really cant wait im so worried, I am tempted to go and have a private scan just to prove im pregnant, it seems so unreal! I'd definatly say take your OH along with you, it will be such a special occasion to share together :) I actually think my dd will be a little later as I ovulated around cd 18, my ticker is taken from the last AF but I think its about 4 days out. Are you excited to have a christmas baby? I really cant wait to have a little bubba to hold at christmas.. I wont have to have another childless chirstmas.. (that thought made me :cry: a little)

I dont think it will be multiples, I have been testing daily and the test line seems to be following the normal pattern, also here in sweden we have clear blue tests that tell you how far along you are, mine said 2-3 weeks and then 3+ weeks the day i was 21 dpo, so i think its one :) one strong sticky one i hope!

I woke up to a blanket of snow this morning! I wish spring would hurry up!

happy weekend everyone :)

hi ladies!

welcome to this wonderful thread, lovie! :flower: What a lovely story of how you got your BFP. It's amazing how we can get miraculous surprises, isn't it? My BFP also was a big surprise to us because it happened the cycle after our failed IVF.

urchin, I hope you are feeling well now, hun.

as for me, I've already started vomitting last week, well at least it was just twice so far. But I feel like I have indigestion all day and I feel nauseous. My sister advised that I should just let myself vomit to easen the feeling in my stomach.
This morning I also experienced some numbness in my left hand and arm. I thought I might be having high blood pressure? But then after researching I found out this could just be the effect of water retention? Have any of you experienced this?

by the way, I checked out the doppler here, and I saw it sells for more than $200!!! But you can rent it out for like $40 a month :(

what an amazing supprise yellowbell! i bet you couldnt beleive your eyes! :)

40 pounds a month isnt too bad :) would you want it the entire time you were pregnant or just till you can feel the movements?

Thanks lovie! Yeah, my hubby and I were so shocked with our BFP :laugh2:
I think I only want the doppler til I can start feeling the baby move.

Sienna and Care - yeah, the amount of fluid I gained was insane. I gained it super fast so have stretchmarks already from that :dohh: Once it started coming off I lost about 2 pounds per day. It was a lot slower going away for sure.

purple - welcome :hi:, I don't think I will feel it is real til I feel them move. It seems more real now that I have seen heartbeats and seen them moving on ultrasound but on any typical day it still seems hard to believe somehow

Lovie - welcome :wave: congrats on your surprise BFP before starting IVF! Even with twins all I ever had was occasional nausea. I never got full MS. Try not to worry too much about symptoms as everyone is difference. I've never seen a BFP in Swedish before :thumbup:

Marie - I know some women successfully BF with twins but I am sure it is harder. As Care said there are some pillows etc out there to try to make it easier. Many women with just one find it hard to BF successfully though so don't beat yourself up if you can't or if you need to supplement. All the literature will say you need to BF but it doesn't make you a bad mom if you don't or can't. I personally plan to use formula. Have you looked online to see if there is a 'twin mom' club in your area? If you can find one I am sure there will be ladies there that have tried BF multiples and can give you advice.

Yellow - I haven't had numbness like you describe. Maybe worth a call to your Dr.

Thanks for the advice ladies. I think i may just pump so i can have help feeding & supplement with formula & see how it goes. It seems like a huge production BFing them both at the same time even though some mothers swear it is easy.

I just weighed myself & i haven't gained an ounce despite adding about 1000 calories a day over the last few weeks. I find that crazy. My dr thinks i should be able to gain 10lbs the 1st trimester since i'm not battling MS but i guess i have to give it time. With twins, they want you to gain most of your weight in the 1st 28 weeks to decrease your chances of preterm labor, at least that's what i was told. It's a lot of pressure.

Yellowbell, I have noticed my hands and feet fall asleep and get tingly all the time, but not numb. Sorry you are feeling so sick.

Marie, I found a link for you. It is another forum I frequent and there are a few moms of twins and triplets there. Here is the link. Maybe some of the info there can help ease your mind. I would just keep eating and you should hopefully put some weight on. I can't believe you haven't budged because I fluctuate between 2-4 lbs every day. I can weigh myself in the morning and then at night I am 4 pounds less. I assume it is bloat since my stomach goes in and out lol.

I hope everybody is having a great weekend! I have been sick, but I did get a couple hours yesterday where I wasn't too bad and got some shopping done!

Marie - no one has said that to me about weight gain so I wouldn't worry about it too much yet. Most things Ive read dont expect you to put on more than a couple pounds first trimester. You will gain more in 2nd. I've actually lost some since my bfp and they didn't express concern. You will start gainingsoon enough

marie dont stress yourself out too much, the added calories are probably just being used up by bubs so not showing on the scale. everyone gains and loses differently and it sounds like you are doing everything properly. As for BF I plan on doing it, but I know x2 it would be overwhelming. Hopefully you can try it as well as formula as I do believe the mothers milk must have lots of nutrients that formula doesnt have so even if they just get a little bit at the beginning its better than nothing. Im not sure how long I will BF as I will want to start my FETs at some point and I dont think you can BF and take the progesterone/estrogen for FET, unless I can try natural FETs.

Kiseki I think your next scan is tomorrow, praying that bub has had a growth spurt over the last little while. will be thinking of you :hugs:

hi to everyone else :wave:

I'm really looking forward to breast feeding :) i live in sweden and the bf rates are about 98% here so i wont have to worry about hiding my boobs when feeding in public, you see mums feeding their babies all the time here with visable boobs. I think it helps that i wont feel selfconcious, i couldnt cope with the blanket over the head thing, it would keep falling off and stressing me out!

sarah i love it that you are allready thinking about your next fet :)

I'm really looking forward to breast feeding :) i live in sweden and the bf rates are about 98% here so i wont have to worry about hiding my boobs when feeding in public, you see mums feeding their babies all the time here with visable boobs. I think it helps that i wont feel selfconcious, i couldnt cope with the blanket over the head thing, it would keep falling off and stressing me out!

sarah i love it that you are allready thinking about your next fet :)

thats wonderful! here in north america its more reserved. i grew up in england and visited france/spain as a kid and remember lots of topless women on the beach, it was normal. here it would be considered very risque :dohh:

I have 7 frozen blasts and am turning 40 right when I give birth so do want to get going on #2 soonish! luckily the blasts are made with my 39 year old eggs so I could use them in my 40's as its not usually the 'cooker' thats the problem in your 40s, its your eggs.

what a lovely 40th birthday pressie! thats great that you have 30's quality eggs to use in your 40's.. i guess it takes the preasure off a little? my mum had my little sister when she was 40 and wanted another one, but she thought it wasnt fair to risk it in her mid 40's. it will be lovely for you to have 2 close in age! :)

Marie, I wouldn't worry bout the weight issue either. Your body will do what it's supposed to do and 1000 extra calories sounds like you are doing everything you could. What woman wouldn't die to have 1000 extra calories and not gain a lb :haha:

Good luck to everyone having scans this week. I have to say that I am just really starting to feel like this is real and enjoying it a little more. I think it's because I'm majorly showing now and even felt some movement a few times in the last few days!! I know it's so early, but I felt dd at 16 weeks so this is 2 weeks early, which they say is what happens your second time around. I thought maybe it was in my head since its so early, but when i felt the movement i put the doppler over it and you could hear the heartbeat coming and going with what i felt! So crazy. At my 12 wk u/s the dr said this baby is unusually active I wouldn't be surprised if you felt movement early, and he was right! I wasn't showing at all and then one day DH was like :wacko:Where did THAT come from???? It's so obvious now that people have flat out asked me, since we haven't told anyone yet. Which means we are telling my inlaws today, even though we planned to wait another month. But there's no more hiding it....

lovie yes it would be nice to have another bub soon after, but then again I might be changing my mind when Im having no sleep :haha:

teta thats amazing :cloud9: Im over 15 weeks and feeling nothing and not showing. but so excited for the month ahead, hope it will be a good one. Im started to feel like its actually happening too and purchased a few gender neutral onesies yesterday! was going to wait till 20 week scan but they were on sale :haha:

I might have mentioned my next scan is 18-20 weeks and I said Id compromise with my MW and go at 19 weeks as she said sometimes they cant measure everything when you go earlier and you have to go back. but Im so impatient Im so tempted to go right at 18 weeks and if I have to go back then i will. what do you all think? I know its only a weeks difference but I cant wait :cry:

I bought a little brother onesie bc it was on sale too! :haha: I figured if I have a girl it can be a gift for someone!

I was the same way with my last pregnancy and the 20 week scan. I just assumed it was at 20 weeks but when they told me 18-20 I made the appt for exactly 18 weeks because I couldn't wait. No one seemed to care I was there at 18 weeks, just did everything as normal and didn't mention having any trouble seeing anything. So I'd say just do it!

Which means its less than 3 weeks away for you!! How exciting :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->