LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Klein - glad you had a great scan and were able to find the hb quickly with your doppler. It is definitely amazing how fast they grow. I think it freaked out DH a little when I would update him each week that 'this week they are growing this or that' :haha:. I don't think he realized how fast the parts come together. I keep trying to explain to him that it looks baby-like really quickly and after that it is mainly getting bigger and working on the insides. It is amazing how the guys live their lives blissfully unaware of all this stuff til it is their turn :aww:

Urch - I posted in the other thread to you already, but here is a big hug for all you are going though :hugs: Get better soon dear. So glad to hear eenie seems to be doing fine despite what momma is going through.

Marie - when my DH was worried I wasn't eating enough the Drs told him not to worry that the babies would be fine, they would just draw what they needed from me. If some ladies barely eat first trimester due to MS you will be fine. We will start putting the weight on soon enough :munch:

Dis - yay for announcing!

Lovie - glad the arrival of MS is making you feel better :sick: Odd to say but I know it can be reassuring

Purple- I know before my BFP I would of never been able to watch a movie like that. It was bad. Just glad it happened and now I can enjoy pregnant people instead of being jealous of them! Bad to admit, I know :(

Urchin-Wow, I'm so sorry you've SO sick. That was really nice of the doc to do a scan for you! Glad everything is ok. Surely your on the downhill slope to recovery now. I know your ready. Hope you get well soon!

Care- I guess I'll be going to Babies R Us to check the baby gear so I can lay my hands on it to try it out.

Hi there lovely ladies, hope you don't mind me joining you? The fabulous Urchin invited me over from the LTTTC boards where I have been hanging around feeling a little lost now that we are finally pregnant :cloud9:

Still don't think it has sunk in :wacko: But I am too scared to go into first tri and would love to join a supportive group like yours :flower:

Hey FF! Good to see you have found us :D

Plenty of room for another - we'll all just budge up a little x

Hi Feisty :hi: Glad you found us. I have heard lots of ladies say to stay far away from the first tri boards so probably just as well you haven't wandered over there yet :thumbup:

Urchin - glad you're starting to feel better. Such a horrible time to be sick.

Klein - i didn't know about the movie but i will definitely check it out.

FF - welcome! I found some of the 1st tri boards to be a lot complainers who couldn't wait to get the baby out already. I used to think a little like that too when i was younger with no ttc problems so i don't judge, but i'm actually enjoying all of the stages of pg so far & look forward to all of the new developments each week.

Mrs.bear - my dh is the same way thinking i should eat more but i'm eating as much as i can & when i'm full, i have to assume the babies had enough.

Anyone else really tired? I keep falling asleep at my desk & everyone's asking me what's wrong & advising me to see a dr.

urchin you poor thing :hugs::kiss: that all sound awful but glad eenie is alive and well. I think they are stronger than we think. Remember at 7 weeks I had my finger cut off in a dog fight and mine survived the blood loss, the vaccination, the freezing to the finger, the antibiotics, the pain and trauma of dressings etc etc. I was so scared that bub might not have made it, but so far so good. I hope you get better soon, Im finally feeling less nauseous so hoping you will be 'blooming' very soon :hugs:

klein thats lovely you heard the HB :cloud9:

welcome Feisty Fidget :flower: I dont venture into the other sections much at all, I stick to a couple of threads. This one is a great one :thumbup:

marie Im finding I am sleeping in till 11 each morning, I go to bed about 1 so thats a good 10 hours sleep and sometimes I go longer! thank god Im self employed. I still get waves of tireness through the day...perhaps our bubs are having growth spurts!!

hi to everyone else :winkwink:

I remember from my first pregnancy that first tri was full of sad stories that I couldn't help but read and then panic if I found similarities between their pregnancy and mine :wacko: Or as you said Marie the main board did seem to be full of moaners that had no clue how lucky they were :wacko:

As for the feeling tired I would imagine that twins is a huge drain on energy reserves! I think we are only baking one bean but every day I have felt ready to go back to bed within a few hours of waking up :haha:

Feisty-Great to have you here! Congrats on your BFP!!!! I know your thrilled!

Any thoughts on a babymoon? We have 2 kids lol so I would LOVE a vaca w hubby before we bring a 3rd into the mix! We never really got a honeymoon so I think a babymoon would be appropriate. When do people usually do that? What sort of feedback do you ladies have?

Awww a babymoon is a must! You have tempted me now ;)

I think most women take it at 25 weeks as you are far enough along to be a little more relaxed about everything but not so far that you are uncomfy and worrying about dropping away from home ;)

Marie - I have been super tired. My OB office just had me start iron supplements yesterday and it seems to have helped. Maybe ask about that your next appt to see if your hemoglobin is low too. With twins they need even more than singleton pregnancy.

Klein - I agree with Feisty that the 25 week mark is a good target. Past the first trimester but not quite to beached whale yet. I keep hearing second tri is the fun part where you have more energy - I'm still waiting... :haha:

Babymoons are a great idea! I haven't spent much time on here as I've been spending any internet time I get to research and hunt for deals!

We're pretty much decided on going to an all inclusive resort in Riviera Maya - just hope I'll be ok in terms of food/ sanitation etc - wouldn't want to get ill there! Planning for right after my 20 week ultrasound, as DH can only get that week off of work!

Anyone else planned/ decided where to go?

We were supposed to be having a once in a lifetime trip to Tokyo next year (setting us back a whopping 4k!) but that now looks like it is off the cards. Not too sure where I would go on a babymoon, never been abroad and don't even own a passport :blush: Would be lovely to do something for the last time before we become 3.

Welcome FF! I am happy you joined us! I don't go much to the first tri boards. I sometimes do a search on here, but I stick to a few threads mostly.

I love the babymoon idea. We just got back from Cancun in February and it was amazing, so we won't be going for a while. Dis, if you can talk to others that have been to the resort you are thinking of going to, you can make sure food/water is safe. Where we went we brushed our teeth with the water and everything was fine. The whole resort was filtered. But just in case, you can bring some grapefruit seed extract and put 7 drops in some juice once or twice a day to kill anything you may ingest. Google grapefruit seed extract and Mexico and see what comes up.

I am super tired too these days. I thought being in the second tri meant more energy, no more MS, etc... but nope, I think I am more tired now. I do have some good days where I am not as sick though, so woohoo for that! Yes Urch, I want the glow too! I have had bad skin lately. Just some red blemishes, nothing big or anything, but my face looks bad.

AFM, I had my midwife appointment today. Baby's HB was average 150bpm. All seems well. Our next U/S is booked for May 23, 5 weeks. I don't know if I can wait! My mom and I went to toronto today and I checked out the Wave stroller while there. It is pretty cool. I like it. Not as nice as a Peg or Bug, but for the price very good IMO. I think the sale ends tomorrow. I think I am not going to get anything (might change my mind), because the stroller I really want is now made differently. I want the 2009 model (Peg Perego Skate), so I might see if I can get a used one that is in great shape. I have also been using all my computer time looking for deals, lol. I can't wait to find out the gender so I can shop more!

Care - glad the appt went well & baby is doing good. How long until you find out the gender? So funny about your hunt for the perfect stroller. That & the bassinet are probably the most important.

Mrs.bear - i started iron pills last week 160% rda but i may have to up that if they tell me to. Hope you get some energy soon but i'm convinced mine is gone for a long time.

Sarah - you are definitely getting your rest but it just never seems like enough. I slept 8 hours last night but it feels like i pulled an all-nighter.

Dis - your babymoon trip sounds amazing. We have a family beach trip planned the end of july since b4 my bfp so i guess that will be our "babymoon." I'll be 5mos pg then...need to find some alternative swimwear.

AFM - dh got so busted! He bitched & complained that i told my sister i was pg & i ran into one of his loudmouth acquaintences sunday who said congratulations to me. So he probably told the world. He didn't even tell him to keep it quiet. I secretly told one friend but that was it. I'm so mad at him right now! I bet if i check his phone records there's a hundred different numbers on it.

hello :)

congratulations fisty figet:happydance::happydance:

the only thing a little like a babymoon that we will have will be a trip back to the uk at 13 weeks, my parents live in devon which is (in my opinion) the most pretty bit of the uk, so it will be really nice, also lovely to catch up with my family!

i feel really well today, no sickness or tiredness,.. im worrying, i much refere to feel sick and tired, its reasuring!

Thanks for the tip re grapefruit seed extract Care! Hopefully I remember, seem to forgot so much lately!

As for me, MS is worse than it was the first few weeks. My past two weeks I didn't go a day without being sick multiple times... I constantly feel horrible and I don't know why it won't go away! I don't want to complain, love that I'm preggo, just wish I could eat something to give bubba some nutrition and me some energy!

Can I enquire as to when you lovelies really felt the MS kick in? I had nausea pretty much every mid morning up until 5 weeks but it has now disappeared. I know some people say 6 weeks but I just wanted to find out from some lovelies currently going through it :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->