LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

FF, I was about 6 weeks when it started, but it would come and go then. Around 8-9 weeks it got very bad and was constant. In my 13th week I had two days where I had a break, but then it came back with a vengeance.

Dis, I feel the same way. I do eat though, but not a lot. My midwife says it is fine for baby for now. I keep waiting for it to go away too. People make it seem like when you hit the second tri it will magically disappear. Not for everybody I guess.

I am on a car seat mission. I have three at my house and I can't use any of them. Two are just getting to the useful life date, and one is from the US. :( I know I have a long way to go, but I like to look. I am so obsessive.

FF- i read your hormones are at their highest level weeks 8-10 and that is supposed to be the toughest MS but you can see by this board, everyone is different.

Dis & Care - sorry it is still a struggle for you :(

AFM - had another scan and both are doing well. He said they are measuring about the same size & hb 140bpm. They are discharging me to my OB who doesn't do maternity any longer and gave me an appt with the staff midwife. I was ok with this but dh is flipping out saying i need a real dr, especially since twins puts me in the high risk category. I told him i will start with her and see if i can transfer later. I'm sure she's capable of monitoring which is all it will be for a while, right?

My MS kicked in BAD the day I turned 6 weeks. After a week of suffering, I went to my doctor and was prescribed Diclectin to help ease the pain. That helped for a bit, but night time I still always felt bad, and dinner rarely stayed down... but at least I wasn't spending 20% of my work day throwing up in a stall.

However, after week 12 seems like meds aren't helping me... and the all day nausea/ vomiting is back....

Don't be confused by on and off days - it happens to many. Unfortunately I only had 2 days when I felt amazing (week 9), and I was worried about bubba - but ultrasound confirmed he/she was fine :) Then the MS came back :(

FF - I never got sick, just a lot of nausea til about 10 weeks. Everyone is different so as hard as it is try not to worry

Care and Marie - glad your scans went well :thumbup:

Marie - men are so annoying that way. I had an argument with DH early on because I heard him tell his sister (as his reason why he hasn't visited). I didn't mind that because it was his closest family but he got pissed when I said to please tell her not to tell the rest of the family and for him not to tell anyone else (I could see him using it as an easy excuse for not going home for a visit after his deployment). It was so early and I didn't want to be faced with a lot of people knowing if something happened. I think after I got upset and he talked to his best friend whose wife had a miscarriage the year before he finally got my point. They just don't think sometimes though.

I do agree with your husband that you need to at least see a perinatologist who specializes in high risk pregnancies even if you want to stay with the midwife at your Dr for now. While a midwife is fine for a low risk pregnancy, with two you are lots more likely to end up with a C-section and a midwife can't do that. Plus you will need lots more monitoring than a normal singleton pregnancy. Your Dr might be able to recommend one for you. Or ask your RE.

marie my MW told me they are not allowed to care for twins, twin moms are automatically transfered to an obstetrician, same for any complicated pregnancys etc. Perhaps it is different where you live.

Girls I am 16 weeks tomorrow and I think my sickness is gone! I still take 1 diclectin at night just incase but will ween myself off. I had it bad too, so I hope it goes for you ladies soon!

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the new ladies on the thread!

Kiseki- did I miss your post? How did your scan go?

I had an 8w2d scan today, and happy to say everything was good. It looked like a gummy bear with a big head and stumpy arms and legs. So cute!

Dis - not to be a total downer but my friend's sister had MS her entire pregnancy & had a perfectly healthy baby. I hope you don't have to suffer as long as her but it is a relief to know your baby can still get all of its nutrition.

I think i am going to insist on an OB. Sarah, i heard the same thing that they are not to handle high risk/twins which is why i find it strange she was recommended to me. There's no point of starting with her & transferring later. I think dh may have a rare occasion where he is right about something.

Sienna - great scan! Mine still look like blobs as i saw today, hope i get some gummy bears soon.

Mrs.bear - i explained the mc thing to dh but he thinks that is me being negative & if i really "believed" i wouldn't wait to tell.

Sienna, hahaha I love the gummy bear comparison. So true. Congrats on a great scan.

Mrs. Bear, I didn't have a scan (I wish). I just saw my midwife and she used the doppler. My scan is May 23. I can't wait!

Marie, my husband feels the same. That not telling is being negative. And we are over the first tri now, but besides our immediate family and some close friends, I am still not telling. I feel weird telling anyway. People that know us know we have been trying for almost 13 years. I think some will be so shocked. I also agree about the midwife. I love mine, but I had to have two scans and get the OK from my OB before being transferred to her. Mine told me they can't do high risk, and although I was considered high risk at first, after everything looked great they allowed it. If something comes up though I have to be transferred back to my OB.

I have a SIL that had MS through her entire pregnancy with her first two girls. I sure hope that doesn't happen to any of us. Sarah gives me hope though. I may just have a couple weeks left. Yay Sarah! You must be so happy to have kicked that symptom to the curb.

14 weeks today! I can't wait to have a bump. I just look like I have been eating too much right now. The too of my stomach has a bump these past few weeks. I don't know if it is bloat or what. I do have a bump just under my belly button. That is my uterus since my midwife said the top was right at my belly button at my last visit.

care you are a lemon!! I dont have the fruit but ticker says eyelashes and hair are growing :cloud9: thats sooo weird to imagine as I dont feel pregnant and dont have a bump. Im going to start concentrating to see if I can feel bub when lying down, I do feel Im more aware theres something inside but havent felt anything too obvious yet.
we have also not told many people, slowly telling more, but I just dont have the desire too! I suppose as it feels so surreal and I just want the 18 week scan then I will feel better. So I completely understand you also being cautious, especially if people know you have been trying for so long.

My DH used the 'negative' speech on me too. He stopped after we had a scare and after he talked to his friend who had been through a miscarriage though. Some people, men and women, just don't get it unless they have been there or known someone who has. Maybe have them read some of the sad reality of some stories on bnb and see if they get it :shrug:. For most people the minimum to tell is 12 weeks with plenty telling weeks later or telling in stages. We told close friends and relatives at 12 but aren't public yet. My brothers family still doesn't know yet because I want that reassurance of my next scan before I tell my nieces.

Care - :dohh: don't know why I thought you had a scan. Yay for a great appt though!

Sienna - yay for gummy bear! By next scan it should really be looking babyish :baby:

Sarah - I only feel anything when I'm in bed very still. I guess when moving around it is too subtle to notice :shrug:

Sarah - great to hear you've finally kicked MS!

I spoke to a cousin whose MS was bad the entire pregnancy, even with diclectin she threw up everyday up till the day before birth - terrified to be like that!

Sarah you give me lots of hope, as I've read that at 14 weeks if you're still experiencing MS, you're more than likely to be one of the few that will be experiencing it through out.

Other than that, babymoon is booked! So excited, I just want to be there now! Love looking at pictures of the resort, can't wait for the beach, the pool, and the snorkeling!!
Ahhh Mayan Riviera, I want to be there now, but have to wait until June 3rd :(

So many ppl knew we were having IVF (and when!) that it would've been churlish not to tell them the outcome ... and they would have assumed we'd not been successful.

As for other people, we told them after the 12 weeks scan - but I can totally understand you wanting to keep it under wraps longer than that xx

Dis, you just freaked me out when you said if you still have MS at week 14 you are likely to have it the entire time! I didn't know that. I just started week 14 and you're just a couple days a head of me, so hopefully it ends soon. FX.

What resort are you going to? I love looking at resorts. and when we were looking for our trip tons came up in the Mayan Riviera and it teased me because I didn't realize it was too far until after I fell in love with the pictures.

Urch, people close to us knew we were going away for IVF too. So we told them. Mostly because everybody was so devastated when the adoption fell through, it made our family and close friends feel like we had hope. So when we found out, our close family was told and a couple friends. My husband tells almost everybody he sees though. Drives me nuts.

Care - we couldn't decide to go to Grand Sirenis or Grand Palladium - as Grand Palladium was a little more. Both had great reviews, and only plus of Sirenis is room service is also included. But in the end decided on the Palladium as they have 24 hour snack bars, and reviews are phenomenal! Its also a much larger resort, with many different options for pools, and soft sand beaches as well as the rocky snorkeling areas, whereas Sirenis I guess has more of a rocky beach and only 1 pool. Can't wait!!

FF-My ms started at about 7 weeks, it would come and go, some days not being as frequent as others. It seems to have been picking up speed in the past few weeks though. I have not actually thrown up, but I have to eat ASAP when I feel it coming on. I keep cinnamon altoids, gum and red hots in my purse. It all seems to help me.

Progesterone ?-
For those of us on/been on progesterone, do you think it may be making the ms worse?
Also, how did you stop using your progesterone? I need details on this. I have about another week to go.

Sarah-Yay for no more ms! What is the diclectin for, throwing up?

Marie-He may have been right but maybe you can word it in a way where he don't think he is. I swear mine thinks he knows everything lol. I have to shoot him down and bring him back to Earth sometimes! OMG, he sounds like my DH on the 'believing' thing. It's not like believing in santa guys. Ugh, apparently I am having a man bashing day!

Dis-I had to look at your resort, and it looks fab! I'm sure you will have a great time :)

Oh and babymooners, unless something has changed, you cannot cruise after 25 or 28 weeks. I can't remember which. I remember going on a cruise when I was preggo with DD and I was 24 weeks. There was a pregnant lady in front of me who was getting turned away at the boarding station :( Just a heads up! I felt SO bad for her. To my understanding it's b/c they aren't medically equiped for a delivery, if one had to happen.

AFM-I'm showing. I was hoping to not be showing this soon, I'm not comfortable with everyone knowing that I'm pregnant yet. We've told close friends and family but I'm not ready for passing strangers to know. Oh well, 3rd kid, I should of known.
I am happily hearing my little one's hb daily now. It makes me feel so much better lol.

klein diclectin is to reduce the nausea and vomiting. I actually didnt vomit that much, but had a 24/7 nauseous lump in my throat that made me feel terrible and not want to eat. thats cute you are showing! Im not (just a bit rounded) although I did buy maternity jeans/leggings today as mine as starting to dig in and annoy me, they are sooooooooo comfy.

thats good to know about the cruise, didnt know that. Dis Im sooooooo jealous, Id so love to go on a babymoon but I dont think we can afford it. plus Im nervous about going away while pregnant and eating dodgy food or just not feeling good. I hope to do some trips next year when bub is here, perhaps thats a fantasy lol!

It reduces nausea, is it a pill? If so what size is it lol. I have issues swallowing pills :blush: I feel blah all the time due to nausea. It stinks. It will even wake me up from a dead sleep or keep me from going to sleep. I feel bad and guilty to want to wish it away but it's getting SO old!

Klein - I just stopped my pio at 12 wks. No weaning off or anything.

I took zofran and occasionally phenagrin for nausea.

No babymoon for me. Watching expenses in case I don't find another job before mine ends last of May. Plus DH wouldn't get more than a long weekend off before then anyway. Oh well, I'll live vicariously through the rest of your trips :thumbup:

I just stopped progesterone at 12 weeks too - I asked at the clinic if I needed to wean myself off it and they said no, because the placenta has fully taken over at 12 weeks.

I have been given Cyclizine for nausea and vomiting, which seems to be working very well ... and I must admit it's a godsend :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->