LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

1315 so looking great! Almost doubled within 46 hours and guideline is increasing 60% in 48 hours :dance:

Thanks Sarah :flower:

May feel the urge to start knitting once Monday's scan is over :haha:

Great news FF! :yipee: First tri is so nervewracking :wacko:

I can't say the worry stops later of course, it just shifts to different worries...

I feel so relieved, I know I still have a long way to go but it is at least one thing off my mind!

fantastic news, ff! Congrats! :)

i think you can update your status from PUPO to Pregnant now ;)

Great news FF! When are they doing another scan?

Thanks everyone for your anti-dh comments, i figured you'd be on my side. I did slap him around a little and threatened to leave for a few days after i found out but now i'm letting him try to fix what he's done. I did let him have an ice cream the other day but i hope he remembers the taste bc that will be his last one for a while. He will be on monetary probation for a long time.
I can't wait to get to bigger fruits...a rasberry is not too fun either.

I can't wait to get to bigger fruits...a rasberry is not too fun either.

Beats my apple seed ;)

Next scan is scheduled for Monday :) Not expecting a HB as I will only be over 6 weeks according to their last scan but will rest a little easier after it!

brilliant news FF :dance:

I had my second MW appointment today and she gave me a quick doppler ... Eenie's HB is lookin good at 148 :dance:
In other news - I bought myself a big stash of cloth nappies today - can't wait to see my LO with a big fuzzy bum!

YAY FF!!!!!! So happy your numbers look great!

I want to be a big fruit! I'm pleased with a lime at the moment though :)

Marie-We totally have your back :) Love the probation, he does deserve it lol.

I'm getting everything ready for DD's first spend the night party. (with 1st graders) Man, I should of started on this a while back. My energy just isn't holding up. It seems to come and go but who knows what it's going to be when!

Oooo Klein how many do you have coming to the party?

Urchin I was considering cloth nappies as you can buy some adorable covers but when I mentioned it to family they basically disregarded it and mocked my naivety stating that I would soon change my mind when I saw the extra work load it created. Does anyone use cloth nappies?

My cousins do FF and they don't seem to be drowning in the extra washing!
I think the important thing is to have enough not to have to wash them every day ... otherwise I can see how it would become a drag.

Have a look in the natural parenting section, there's lots of women in there using them who can give you tips and pointers

I think a lot of people don't realise how much cloth nappies have changed - they're so different from the old terry squares with plastic over-knickers ... if you want a go at it, then go for it - if you don't like it you can always resell them on ebay (they fetch a good price even second hand). I bought mine off ebay - there are plenty on there brand new if you are squeemish about ones that have been used :thumbup:

mrs bear and urchin....we are onions next! I dont have the food ticker but I like to go on and check and usually check the next one up too!!

Im going to do cloth diapering! knowing that diapers are as bad as plastic bottles for the environment made me consider them, then seeing the cute outer shells I love the idea! also I have very sensitive skin and if bub takes after me the cloth will feel so much nicer than all that plastic rubbing on your inside leg. FF I think a lot of people think cloth diapers are like the old cloth put together with a pin!! the new generation does seem to be much different. Im going to get these ones which I hear are kinda like a hybrid and more convenient
https://www.gdiapers.com/
you have 2 options for the inner layer....either a cloth insert thats washable or a disposable that can be put in toilet, compost etc and totally breaks down. Im going to try the cloth insert most of the time and will buy a lot of them, but will also have some disposables. I think like Urch says as long as you have enough of the shells so you are not washing all the time you will be fine. Also the gdiapers have a inside pocket that you can buy extras....they say changing the inside pocket means you wash the outer layer even less. Its going to be quite expensive to start out but I think its worth it!

Sarah - I always forget you are on the same schedule as Urch and I since you don't have the food ticker... yay for another avocado!!! :happydance:

My cousin's wife uses gDiapers and seems to like them very well. The covers are super cute

FF - some people use the cloth at home and have disposables available for when baby stays with grandma, etc so it is more convenient when others are watching them. There are lots of different options for you.

mrs bear / urch when are your measurement scans? I have mine right at 18 weeks 3 days :haha: and remind me, are you both finding out the gender? I cant remember what you said! I think mrs bear you are as its twins? I mentioned before that hubby doesnt want to know and I keep changing my mind (he is ok with me finding out). someone else who did ivf on here recently found out and reading her post made me feel all tingly and I want to know! last scan the woman took me in first and then called in my hubby, so if Im alone with her I might break down and ask! I would love the excitement of knowing now, but would also love the surprise :dohh: Im not bothered about the room or buying stuff, I would keep in gender neutral as hubby wouldnt know. I think I could keep it from him as Im good and keeping secrets (nut usually from him but I didnt tell many people we were TTCing or doing IVF so Im good at not saying a word!). I think because we are LTTCers and all we have been through perhaps the urge to find out is stronger for us?? like we have been waiting so long for this how can we wait longer!!

I know I feel that way Sarah. I have waited so long I just get so impatient now that I am pregnant, I just want baby here and safe.

I love cloth diapers but I have never used them. I started using the PC Green ones as they are partly biodegradable. I have been looking into cloth diapering though, but I have a friend that used them and stopped and I never would have thought she would as she is more natural than even I am. I do know most people still use disposables at night or when out for a while because cloth doesn't hold as much as disposables, so I may use a combo. I looked into a diaper service that drops off clean ones and picks up dirty ones and they supply the diapers. We are too far out though. :( Since I am self employed I won't be getting maternity leave so the extra cleaning and washing is daunting to me. I remember what it is like to have a newborn at home and never sleeping, so I want to make it as easy for myself as possible. Although this baby will not be going through drug withdrawal so it should be easier.

I have been looking at crib bedding for both genders as I don't want to do neutral again. I have found a few I like. It is so hard to find what I want for boys though because I already have colours in mind. I finally found one I like. I haven't seen it in person though. I know it is way too early, but I like getting ideas. I tried to post pics but they disappear when doing it from my phone.

care Id like to see the bedding if you manage to post it! can you post a link?
this is the one I purchased
https://www.kidslineinc.com/products/infant/willow.php
as we are doing a wildlife theme and have deer in the conservation behind our fence. it was $220 at snugglebugs and online, but I found it at sears for $170 minus 20% off! I was shocked when I saw it sitting there. Theres a monkey set I like too. Im assuming you will need more mattress covers and do you get a waterproof mattress cover? Im assuming so!

Im also self employed and so I hope the washing wont be too daunting, I have a hubby who is very domestic and my mum will stay for a month so should be ok. The gdiapers also have a disposable that goes on the cloth if you want to double up for nights or heavy loads.

I like the idea of the disposable liners, but they can't be flushed with a septic. I would prefer to flush than to put in the compost, because that seems like a PITA to me. I really want to use a service. I am going to see about bringing in the diapers myself. I am waiting to see. I may just use the PC disposable ones. They are more expensive, but worth it.

I like that bedding, it is so cute! So you have it already? How long are you going to wait to finish the nursery? I saw a cute monkey one too, but we bought everything monkey for the baby since we called him chunky monkey for so long and that would just remind me.

I am doing things very different this time. Super bright colours. I have green (the walls are now Key Lime and very bright) and I want chocolate brown along with a bright blue or pink depending on gender. I will put the pics on my computer. I have them on my phone to show my mom.

Yes I got it when I saw it for such a good price! Im doing a brown plus bright green too! I have been buying a few bits here and there, but not ordering furniture till June/July. Im starting to feel like its happening!

I have a bad sciatica pain in my buttock right now :cry: went for massage today and going to chiro on friday. anyone else? Ive had lower back nerve pain quite a bit for years from sitting at computer all day so I thought it might start playing up. perhaps bub is starting to grow and push out. I cant wait for a bump so I will live with the pain, but its bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->