LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Yes, me too! I get it every now and then but thankfully not bad. I used to occasionally when I was working away from home, but don't too much anymore (until now). I thought it was because I have been laying a lot with my feet up??? I am not used to being so inactive.

The last is my second girl choice, but I really like the bit of turquoise in the other so it is my first. The first two are by the same company and have really good reviews on the fabric and quality. The walls are similar to the first pic but brighter and a bit darker.

I already have a crib but I need a dresser. When we first started to foster it was actually not what we intended and it was rushed (we didn't even have a days notice) so I bought a crib and toddler bed, but used some dressers we had. I planned on getting older looking (not baby) dressers for the boys when they were a year or so older. So now I am going to look while I am in the US this weekend (no duty on wood).

ETA: The boys quilt is reversible and the other side has the swirls on chocolate brown like what is on the lamp. I think it looks cool with the stripes. I am also getting a chocolate brown breathable bumper for whichever one I get.

Attachments

• pTRU1-11759341dt.jpg
    pTRU1-11759341dt.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 3
  • pTRU1-11524196dt.jpg
    pTRU1-11524196dt.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 3
  • pTRU1-5905933_alternate1_dt.jpg
    pTRU1-5905933_alternate1_dt.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 3
Care - All are super cute! What company are the first two? They look way higher quality than what I have been seeing.

I think I'm just going to skip the dresser and improvise with what we have, or else get something really inexpensive to make do with and get something nicer later. I wish all the convertible cribs weren't to convert to full size. No way can I get two full size beds in a single bedroom. I have only found a handful of non convertible and most of the time they are just as much as the convertible ones :dohh:

Sarah - I am definitely finding out the sexes. I have a scan at 17wks next Thursday and will have another at 21wks so we should be able to find out at one or the other. I figure it is still a surprise either way and it will make it tons easier to plan. DH didn't want to til we actually got pregnant and now he wants to know if there is a penis in there ASAP :rofl:. I bet if you do find out your hubby will decide he has to know too :haha:

Your bedding looks perfect for you guys with the deer and everything :thumbup:. I'm having an awful time finding bedding I like. I'm hoping it will easier once I know sexes. So little goes together at all when you are mixing sexes and even some of the neutral I've seen is still definitely boy or girl. We will figure something out though. Luckily DH doesn't even want to be consulted on decorating stuff so I get to decide :happydance:

omg care I love that boys room!! its sooo cute, what is the brand?
its so weird, I always tend to gravitate to boys things....rooms, clothes etc. Im not particularly toyboyish, like to dress up, have long hair and get my nails done (all 9 of them now :haha:). My sisters are very tomboyish. I dont know why but I dont gravitate to girls things like a lot of women on here do (seems most women on here anyway want girls more than boys?). perhaps its because I was one of three girls, and I have nieces, so boys stuff is different. Anyway after that blabbering I do also like the girls rooms very much, I think the pink is nice with turquoise too but I also really like the simple design of the 3rd one to. Great choices! Do you still feel that you hope its a girl or are you starting to feel like this is a different journey? it still breaks my heart to think of your story :hugs:

mrs bear thats nice you are doing the decor alone :thumbup: I havent even thought to consult hubby :haha: Im sure you will find more choice once you know the sexes, and we are here to help!! hubby is adamant he doesnt want to know so I dont think he will change. Im so jealous you get so many scans! how nice for you.

Mrs.Bear they are CoCaLo bedding sets and they come with some wall decorations too. They have them at toysrus.com. I was thinking the same about the dresser too. Honestly when kids start running around and getting rowdy (especially boys or more than one child playing) dressers get scratched up like crazy. And our LO put teeth marks in everything so depending on your child you may not want to use the convertable bed. When our boys were older we were thinking maybe a bunk bed. The buggers climbed everything anyway lol. You could do that or get two singles. We got a convertable crib but I wasn't planning on using it. It is nice that you can skip the toddler bed though and use the daybed part.

After thinking about my banged up dressers I am thinking of maybe sanding them down and painting them brown outside and the fronts of the drawers bright terquoise or raspberry. I think the two tones look really cute for kids. You could do something like that.

I am not sure how you feel about used, but people are always selling cribs/dressers on sites like kijiji and Craigslist. Since you need two of everything it would probably cost you the same as a single.

Sarah I love the boys one too! I can't find anything else I like nearly as much. I think part of me wants a girl to have change. My mom really wants a girl and my husbands father too. My dad and step mom doesn't care either way. I will be happy having a boy though too. Little boys are fun and are usually close to their mommy. I do have a lot of boy clothes!

The bedding is cocalo and it is at toysrus in the US, but I have seen it at other places too. I liked the things that were included in the one from TRU better. Target has the two wall hangings that don't come with it, so that is cool. Yet TRU doesn't have them...

Sarah - my next scan is on 18th May (I'll be 19 wks then) and I defo want to find out the gender!
I'm also not a big one on 'girls colours' and 'boys colours' - so the nursery will be pretty gender neutral ... I fancy a forest theme with lots of cute woodland animals.

Care - I really like your nursery ideas - they definitely look like boys and girls rooms but without going over the top ... I think that's what I'll aim for, something that looks like a girls or boys room, but without being too in your face!

I'm really excited to know whether Eenie is a boy beanie or a girl beanie - I have no preference at all (after ttc for this long, all I want is a happy healthy baby!) and Mr Urch says he doesn't care either ... but secretly, I think like most dads, he'd like a little boy to do boy's things together :D

FF-I have no idea how many people are coming! I put on the invites to call or text me for final headcount. After today I should have a better idea. It looks like she's going to have a good turn out though. Last year we did a swimming party and she was in kindergarten, she didn't have many people come at all :( I hope we have a ton lol.

Sarah-I had to go to the chiro when I was pregnant with both of my kids. When I get bigger it feels like they get on a nerve or something that starts in my lower left side goes all the way down my leg. I find the chiro very relaxing. I love the adjustment!

If the rain holds off for today, I will be assembling a trampoline for DD's b'day present. Think of me ladies. I have help but, I'm not very good at following directions :( Pretty blonde when it comes to that stuff! Maybe we will get it done today. FXed

My scan is May 23 and the wait is killing us. Urch, hopefully soon you will know the gender! I have always had a feeling Eenie was a boy. Not sure why though.

My husband always wanted a boy because he didn't know what to do with a girl. Then we had our first foster children and they were brother and sister (brother was 2.5 and sister was 1.5). He and Kiwi were very close. It doesn't bother him now. I think he'd be happy with either, but I think he may have wanted a girl at first too. He has had many boy dreams, but one girl dream where she was about 2 and she had the name we picked out.

I have read more reviews on my second choice for girl nursery and some people say the blanket and sheet material isn't soft. So that is probably out. It is so cute though. I think the first will look better once we get done. Everything looks so pink in the picture, but we won't have pink walls and I won't use the valance as I want room darkening chocolate panels for the window.

We did a animal theme before with yellow and green. It was cute. Then after our boys were staying my older son was huge into Toy Story, so the whole room was Toy Story. TS bedding, TS movie posters I put in nice frames, TS wall decals, anything we could find TS, lol. He loved it though. So I know whatever I do my LO will probably want it changed by the time they are 3 anyway.

Klein, I hope the parents are respectful and RSVP. I hope lots show up too. FX. Good luck with the trampoline, sounds like fun!

care the fitted sheet I got with the set isnt that soft either, so good if the reviews are good for the ones you like. I will probably get a few more nicer fitted sheets, I just wanted the set for the deer images!

klein good luck!! and thats a nice pressie for dd. and mine is on my left buttock and is sometimes going down my leg. I have chiro booked tomorrow, hope it works fast and I think I will go weekly as she mentioned its good for labour anyway.

I love that on this thread we will start to find out some genders very soon! my scan is first, its may 7, I will be 18w3d (couldnt wait a second longer lol). I may find out, everyone around me is telling me not to, but I might crack and ask :shrug::haha:

It still seems a long way off for me - but in reality it's only a few weeks

If I could fast forward I would, in fact I would fast forward to the moment that they place Eenie in my arms :cloud9:

Oh, I found out at my midwife appointment that they have changed my due date to 7th October ... they wrote it on my notes but didn't tell me!
Now I'm worried that with the c-section it'll be a September birth, and for some mad reason I really like the thought of an October baby

I think it's gonna be ok :D
I just looked and 7th is a Sunday - I believe they generally schedule elective c-sections for a week before DD, but I can't see them wanting to bring me in on a Sunday - so by my weird logic, they'll suggest the Monday (which is 1st October!)

Urch - I think most of the c-sections where I go even get scheduled for Tuesday so they don't add to the hectic monday after a weekend. FX you get your Oct baby. I'd prefer Oct as well but I've given up on that fantasy. I will be happy with Sept as any earlier is way too scary.

Sarah - I am definitely spoiled with scans. It's been over a month since the last one and it is killing me :wacko:. I will have one every appt so at least every 4 weeks and more often as they decide I need to be seen more. My appt next week is with the perinatologist so he may decide to go ahead and increase my appt frequency already depending on what he sees and what protocol he advises. We shall see.

Care - Thanks for the info on the bedding and great suggestions on the furniture :thumbup:. I really can't see using the convertible bed beyond the toddler stage either. Wish I could find a quality just plain crib that isn't too pricey but not looking good for that. I did see one somewhere where the short sides were the convertible part so it was a twin not a full but didn't care for that one much. Oh well, still time to figure that part out.

Klein - hope the party goes well and you get some rsvps. It seems the easier it is to reply the less people actually do anymore :shrug: No way to plan for 2 or 20 so you end up over-buying and wasting money. Even for my wedding there were about 10 'no shows'. I just wanted to call and ask "do you realize how must it cost me for you to say you were coming and then not show up?!?!!"

As far as back pain, I haven't had sciatic yet but lots of lower back pain. Sis got me a maternity support from babies r us and it helps a lot because it both supports the bump and helps with the back pain. I don't wear it all the time but can definitely tell on times that I don't and usually regret it. I've had it since about the 12 wk mark I guess. This is the kind I have (I don't use the upper band yet) https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10813244

Damn! they don't seem to have those on the UK site MrsB - and I could really do with one :thumbup:

Klein I really hope people RSVP for you :flower: People can be so rude at times :wacko:

Am I the only one not wanting to find out the gender? IMO there are so little true surprises in life anymore and I think that the gender is the ultimate one! That said we both agreed if it was multiples we would be finding out due to hassle of buying double, we only have one bean though according to early scan last week.

As for wanting particular EDD FF puts me at 18th December based on my ovulation but if I am measuring a week behind it's 25th December! Secretly love it :haha:

Oooo forgot to add for the Nursery debate! I started a pin board on pinterest a week ago and just add everything I like to that for inspiration!

https://pinterest.com/onuava/dream-nursery/

I love the wall stickies but refuse to pay out so much so will probably paint free hand as I would love to add personal touches like that to the nursery :cloud9:

We are also going to be adding lots of the mamas and papas gingerbread collection as it is so cute!

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/range/gingerbread/2655/

Wont be buying anything until 20 weeks but still nice to look ;)

I think it's gonna be ok :D
I just looked and 7th is a Sunday - I believe they generally schedule elective c-sections for a week before DD, but I can't see them wanting to bring me in on a Sunday - so by my weird logic, they'll suggest the Monday (which is 1st October!)

yay my DD is Oct 7, and my (40th) bday is Oct 1!! so I love both dates :happydance:

I love all this nursery talk!

I too can't wait to find out gender! My scan isn't until end of May though, but it will be right before I leave for my babymoon in gorgeous Riviera Maya, so maybe that's why the wait feels even longer???

Love your nursery selections Sarah and Care!

This is the bedding I've selected:
https://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/cci/cci3200094.jpg
We will have green walls and brown curtains, as my bedroom is also green and brown and love the look. Then we'll have lots of animal wall decals around :) Can't wait!

I've had a bit of back pain, but really the worst is my tailbone! I can't sit in a car or on my couch for very long anymore as it hurts so much. Last night while watching tv I made my hubby put his hand under my bum as a wedge to take the weight off my tailbone! Haha poor guys hand got so tired :(

Sarah - I am definitely spoiled with c-sections. It's been over a month since the last one and it is killing me :wacko:. I will have one every appt so at least every 4 weeks and more often as they decide I need to be seen more.

:rofl: sorry I had to have a little giggle as you wrote c-sections not scans/ultrasound and the whole sentance sounds funny, thats a lot of c-sections you are having :haha:
thx for the link to the back thing, I dont have much of a bump yet but Im going to look for one of these :thumbup:

FF I purchased 2 wall decals, one tree very similar to you posted. they are pricey but I really love the look so got them. I like what you posted and I am also waiting till 20 weeks to really get started. And I agree about the surprise thing, thats why Im on the fence. But I do feel it will be equally a nice surprise if I found out at my scan, and its nice to spread out the joy while Im cooking the bub, otherwise its a lot of waiting around. The birth is still exciting as you will be meeting them for the first time. Im trying to stay on team yellow for hubby but I think I might crack at the scan :haha:

dis I like that bedding too, I think I saw that somewhere.

Sarah - I am definitely spoiled with c-sections. It's been over a month since the last one and it is killing me :wacko:. I will have one every appt so at least every 4 weeks and more often as they decide I need to be seen more.

:rofl: sorry I had to have a little giggle as you wrote c-sections not scans/ultrasound and the whole sentance sounds funny, thats a lot of c-sections you are having :haha:

:rofl: I think I had it in my mind to respond to urch on c-section timing... LOL. I'll have to go edit that one so I don't look crazy... :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->