LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Sarah I will keep you on the straight and narrow yellow path ;)

I will probably end up giving in to the wall decals as they look super cute and I love the shelf ones! Filled up with baby stuff it will look adorable! I am leaning towards dark brown furniture and possibly green walls as it is fairly neutral :thumbup:

:haha: at the c-section thing.

FF a pinterest is a good idea for stuff like this! I love, love, love cherry blossoms/tress. I was going to do that, a decal, but then changed my mind since it doesn't really go with anything I picked out. The cribs you picked are similar to mine.

Dis, that is really cute bedding! My kitchen is olive green and dark brown. I love those colours too. Most of my house has green and brown, but all different shades (except kitchen and living room as they flow together).

FF-We're not finding out the sex. I don't think I will change my mind. I've thought about it for a while now. I think it's exciting to wait. Although, I must admit, not finding out with my other 2 NEVER crossed my mind...it was always how soon can they tell me. For me since I have one of each, I guess that was my turning point lol.

All of the nursery ideas are awesome! I'm behind. I know the bedding I want in my head but I'm not finding any. I had a custom cribset made for DD. I may resort to that again. Hopefully it will be less expensive than hers though! I would only accept a satin bedset for her. 8 years ago, they didn't make any. I remember spending $300.00 for fabric alone, then I had to pay someone to sew it! No satin for me this go round. Little did I know she'd be carrying around her satin bedsheet with a thumb in her mouth for years lol!

Totally ticked off, apparently my day set aside to put together the trampoline was a complete waste. My uncle hasn't showed up or called. I could of took a much needed nap! UGH, men!

After any of you stopped progesterone, did you find any symptoms letting up?

Oh klein sorry your help didn't turn up :hugs:

Luckily I wasn't put on progesterone as we found out mine is 'naturally' through the roof at 141 for 6 weeks! :wacko: Most women I have spoken to are only in the early 20's. Anyone have any input on this? :flower:

Sarah I will keep you on the straight and narrow yellow path ;)

I will probably end up giving in to the wall decals as they look super cute and I love the shelf ones! Filled up with baby stuff it will look adorable! I am leaning towards dark brown furniture and possibly green walls as it is fairly neutral :thumbup:

thank you! Im glad my scan is first as I get influenced by others, so most people on this thread finding out would tempt me!! but this week Im feeling like I will find out, but that could change.

I love that shelf one too. I will attach the 2 I purchased, I think I posted on this thread before but cant remember. Im doing 2 green walls and 2 brown and dark brown furniture so similar ideas!. We have a built in closet in the room and so we just went to ikea and got a system for inside it that has shelves and drawers and hanging options so much more usable for little things. then going to use a dresser we have in another room and have the changing mat on that. anyone getting a seperate changing table? lastly getting a really comfy reclining chair :thumbup: :happydance:

Attachments

• decal1.jpg
    decal1.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 1
  • decal2.jpg
    decal2.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 1
Watch out Sarah - my scan is 4 days before you and I'm finding out! Peer pressure!!! :haha:

I'm not getting a separate changing table. I figure I will have little enough space after two cribs are in the room and it is unlikely I would use it that often anyway. I figure I can repurpose a table I have or put a pad on the dresser or something if I decide I need someplace just for changing.

you can get those changing thingies that fit on top of the cot ... I'm planning on getting one of those :thumbup:

oh mrs how exciting I thought I was the first! ok Im going to say right now you finding out will probably tip me over the edge. FF you have a lot of work to do keeping me yellow :haha:

are you are urch worried at all about the scan...I just worry as its the first detailed look. the worry never ends. to me its unbelievable my body knows what to do to grow a human.

urch good call on the cot changer :thumbup: we have a fairly good sized room for bub but I am reusing a dresser I have in the spare room so not paying out for another, and will put change table on that.

I suppose for the first while bub is in a bassinette in your room, is that right? or do some people put straight in the crib? I really am clueless about most of this :haha:

Sarah - I'm not really even nervous about that part, the cervix is the part I'm thinking more of as that is a worry for me. I don't even know that they will do the full anatomy exam this time since I will be back again at 21 wks.

Some people go straight to the baby bed. Having them in your room is more of a convenience than anything. I'm planning to get a Graco pack n play they have for twins with two bassinets in it to use as a cosleeper in our room. I'm going to have to move some stuff out to fit it in our room though and no way it will fit bedside but will be easier than going to another room with two of them.

yeah the twins thing makes a huge difference to your planning! we just moved our bedroom around and now I have space on the side for a bassinette. I had originally thought they go straight in a crib and I would just walk in there when they cry and pick them up and feed them in the lounger in their room. we were also going to hard wire the monitor for the crib so would put them in there for naps. I dont want any issues getting them into the crib later so perhaps I should skip the bassinette? how do you find out advice about this!

they will probably wait for your anatomy scan at 21 weeks then. how far will you be on the next scan? I will be 18w3d, and mw said theres a chance they might not be able to measure everything and I would have to go back. but theres lots of people on here who went right at 18w and were fine.

Plenty of people have no issue moving from bassinet to crib so just go with whatever you think works best for you. As far as where to learn stuff - A lot you can learn from books, other moms or your pediatrician and a lot you will just figure out on your own based on what works for you. The hospital I will go to has free classes for all sorts of stuff too but I don't think I'll bother. There is a multiples class I might take. Regardless, no matter what advice I get I figure I will do what I feel is best at the time and go from there.

I'll only be 17+1 so a bit early for anatomy scan. They will probably do more at the next one at 21.

Klein - I was wondering the same thing about getting off of the PIO. I am still tired & hungry but slightly less hungry than when on the PIO. Besides the bruises on my back going away, I'm not sure much is different. If our natural progesterone is high, we probably wouldn't notice the PIO symptoms IMO.
As far as the babies room, I have no idea where to put them. We're going to have to be really creative as we have limited space to work with.

Klein and Marie - last week at 8 weeks I was transitioned from PIO to vaginal progesterone. I've noticed a huge difference in my drowsiness. I think the PIO exaggerated the sleepiness I felt, it would start at 9-10 in the morning and continue all day. Now I feel a lot more normal, at least till 4-5pm.

Marie -how are you handling the symptoms? When will you let your coworkers know?

Sarah - I get nervous every time I go for anything that could potentially tell me my baby isn't ok!
So I expect that my 19wk scan will be no different lol

I'm still deciding whether or not to get a Moses basket (which seems to be our equivalent of a bassinet) - apparently they are pretty cheap in ASDA, so it might be worth it to avoid having to rearrange our bedroom to fit a cot in!
As it is, Mr Urch and I are going to have to swap sides of the bed - which will be very weird. My side has the radiator, and can be much too warm for a newborn :wacko:

My big news of the day is that the first half of my nappy stash arrived 10 minutes ago :dance: I've been sat looking at all the dear little bamboo fluffies and imagining Eenie's baby bum all wrapped up in them :cloud9:
ahhhh the simple things in life!

Urchin that is a lovely mental image :cloud9:

We wanted to be firm from the begining with baba as have witnessed first hand the perils of allowing babies to take over - they develop into rather obnoxious/precocious children (or perhaps that is just in my family's experience :blush:) but I am considering baby wearing so wondering if it would be too much of a shock to baba going from being skin to skin for large chunks of the day to being on their own over-night :wacko:

Definitely getting the angel care pressure monitor though :thumbup:

tell me about the angel care pressure monitor FF....

I've been looking at the iCandy peach this afternoon - and think I may have got over my disappointment in the Bugaboo Cameleon (I read some dreadful reviews which said it was really difficult to break down to get into the car)
:D

FF I was thinking the same thing and was going to have bub in a cot in their room from the start, but talking to some friends on here they made some good points about keeping the bub in your room for the first 6 months.
Apparantly being in the same room encourage a newborn baby's body to continue breathing in rhythm so SIDS occurs less (didnt know that and it even says it on our government website). also having them close means you can pick them up while they are just stirring at night for a feed rather than waking more, and so they tend to go back down easier. these are things I didnt really think of before :thumbup:

marie Ive seen these bassinette things that attach to your own bed, I wonder if you could do that if you have little space?

urchin how cute, just imagine a warm bum in them :cloud9:

Urchin here is a link to their site;

https://www.angelcare-monitor.com/International/en/products/angelcare-monitor-AC401

It's basically a baby monitor but it has a sensor that goes under the babies mattress and an alarm goes off if no movement is detected within 20 seconds. It is supposed to help cut down on cot death as you can act quickly. The reviews on Amazon seem really good :thumbup: I have spoken to a family member about this and she declared it was 'rubbish' as the sensor would go off every time you picked baby up for a feed and forgot to turn it off. Personally I would rather have a rude awakening during feeding then the worse case scenario!

Sarah you may have just changed my mind. I had no idea that it helped to regulate breathing. Looks like the rocking chair is coming out of the nursery and back into our bedroom again :wacko:

I never had heard of that too, you learn a lot on here!

hubby wont allow me to have anything wireless around baby, he is going to hard wire everything so its going to be harder for me to find a monitor. he took away my cordless home phone and Im even sitting here on the computer with a belly armour blanket over my uterus to stop any rays. he has read up so much on that stuff and is very serious about it (care I think I remember you agreeing). he says if cell phones can cause brain cancer why would we put something wireless by a growing baby :wacko: anyone come across a wired monitor?

Sarah that is going to be a tough one :( Where did you get your belly armour blanket from? I did some research yesterday that said wireless devices aren't actually harmless. I wanted to go wired but we live in a built up area and at any one time I can detect at least 6 other wireless internet devices zipping through our home so it seemed kind of pointless eradicating ours :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->