LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Sarah would this work?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Two-Stat...l_Security&hash=item4d005122a6#ht_3479wt_1140

thanks FF I will show him this, I know he will enjoy researching that stuff anyway.

https://www.bellyarmor.com/ is where I got the blanket, I will wrap it around bub too if I end up wearing he/she while I work.

I tend to think 'whatever' but hubby is passionate about it and he is just trying to protect me and bub so I let him!!

Sarah - your dh is so protective of you two, how cute! The bassinet that hooks to the bed sounds adorable. I don't think we have room for 2 though. We'll probably keep them in the room in bassinets for at least the 1st few months before moving them into their room.

Sienna - i am so lucky to have no really bad symptoms. I did feel a little queasy a few mornings this week but so far everything has stayed down. I am pretty tired some days but overall i can't complain. I am telling ppl at the 12 week mark. I thought i could hold out longer but 12 wks is long enough. I overheard someone talking to the owner's wife yesterday saying that she is pg with twins but it is too early to tell so i hope i beat her to the announcement. When are you telling?

I had my appt with the MW today & they will be switching me to an OB next month. I gained 2 pounds and she said another 35 will be fine. That's a lot more realistic than 50. They want me to do the down syndrome test at week 12 but me & dh agree that what is the point. I don't need them poking around in there. We will love these babies no matter what so why bother with this test. Based on my age, there is a 1 in 1000 chance so don't think it is an urgent matter. I just want them to make sure they are healthy and growing normally.

Marie - this is what I plan on using for early on to have them in our room. I contacted Graco and each side will hold up to 15 lbs and the individual bassinets are removable. Plus it can be used as a play yard after.
https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Pack-T...0UV8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335575826&sr=8-1

We didn't do any of the testing. I knew I wasn't going to risk amnio and the chance of miscarriage. My OB said if I wasn't going to do amnio either way there wasn't a lot of reason to pursue the testing. It is really a personal choice whether you want to do it just to see what your odds of downs etc are. Go with your gut instinct I guess.

Mrs.bear - I love it! That is a perfect solution & a space saver for early on. I was tempted to drag it into the cart but it's a little too early. It's pretty reasonable too. Do you have to see a perinatologist in addition to your OB? Apparently i will be seeing a "team" of people bc i am high risk. Seems like an overkill but it can't hurt i guess.

Yes, my OB has a perinatologist on staff. My appt next week is actually with him since my regular OB is off that week. I'm glad to be seeing him already as I doubt my OB would have had me see him yet and I prefer to have the expert familiar with me before a problem arises rather than after. Like you said, better to have a team involved and things be watched more closely.

My cousin is a few years younger then me and she has downs syndrome. She is adorable and even managed to stay in state school and come away with 5 GCSEs. However the down side is that even at 24 she needs constant care and attention and her parents are worried about what will happen to her after they pass. After seeing first hand the stress it puts on a family (especially with the other children) I have mixed emotions on being tested. I know that at 26 my chances are extremely low but as my auntie was only 28 this isn't a safe-guard.

I didn't do Downs testing either: The Nuchal fold test only gives you a broad risk (as does the blood test) so all it really tells you is whether they would advise an amnio or not.
Given that an amnio runs a risk of MC there is absolutely no way I would do that, and as I wouldn't terminate a child with Downs there really is no point :shrug:
Whether they tell me 30% chance or 70% chance, all I know is my child may or may not have Downs, which really is no use to me at all!

I have worked with people with learning disabilities most of my life and my honest belief is that just like anyone else, people with Downs can have good fulfilling lives, or crap ones ... they may look different to my life, but then my life doesn't look like anybody else's either

If my child has a learning disability, then I will be signing up as soon as I can for Our Futures - which is a family-led organisation set up specifically to answer the question of 'what happens when I am gone' ... the Embrace Wigan & Leigh website has info FF (if your aunty is interested) but they are part of a national network, so would be able to say who is organising things in other areas of the UK
https://www.embracewiganandleigh.org.uk/our_futures.php

Urchin thank you so much :flower:

When I look at my cousin and see all that she has achieved it does make me wonder who would have the right to decide that she shouldn't live. It is an extremely harsh existence for a parent and maybe it is just my family's personal experience but the majority of my auntie's life does seem to revolve around the negative aspects rather then the positive. She is proud of what her daughter has achieved but it has been a constant struggle for everything and it is just unrelenting.

Yes, I think you are right - it is a struggle ... the Local Authority tend to make sure of that. But as you say, who is to say that their life isn't worth it?
Other people may look at my life and think I'm not worth it either - who is anyone to judge?

marie what do you mean 'I don't need them poking around in there' for the downs test, as my screening was just ultrasound and bloods. I did the screening to get the ultrasound otherwise you dont get one at 12 weeks (couldnt wait till 18 weeks!), I just did the 2nd part of bloods so will get the results soon. Like you all I wouldnt do anything further and honestly will take the results with a grain of salt. Ive known of so many people who tested 'positive' for the screening and their babies were fine. I think Im 1 in 100 for downs at my age, which is pretty high but the way I look at it is 99 chance of not, and if Im that 1% I will have to deal with it. Seeing as you are getting lots of ultrasounds there no point you doing the testing like you say.

now I know bub is in the bedroom with us Ive also been looking at options too. something like this looks quite small and if you get a nice small mattress could be comfy
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dream-on-Me-Lullaby-Fixed-Side-Cradle-Glider-Espresso/19526133
I was also looking at items similar to you mrs bear like this
https://www.graco.net/e/item.asp?code=11037&s=0390DJA
I did really want this one
https://www.montedesign.net/bassinet.html
but the thick sides makes me nervous for airflow, so thinking of going with something like my first link. so hard to know what to get :shrug:

Hi ladies :hi: I have been majorly mia around here, taking me forever to catch up, don't even know where to start! We just got back from disney world so it's been a little crazy around here. I love hearing what everyone is picking out! I have everything from DD so I'm focusing right now on a double stroller, which is a daunting task! As far as the baby sleeping in the room, I used the arms reach Cosleeper and LOVED it. It's so perfect for nursing bc you don't need to get out of bed or reach over the side, the baby is right there but not close enough that you are actually laying with the baby. She slept in it for 4+ months, and now we use it as a pack n play when we travel and a playpen for at home. It was definitely my most used baby item! Here it is... https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2401891

I have missed so much discussion, I could go on and on about everything! When are everyone's next scans? A few anatomy scans are coming up right? Mine will be in about 3 weeks, really can't wait. I can't believe how big I got so fast, my bump is growing like crazy! We are not finding out what we are having, the surprise with DD was too great not to relive again. As far as a baby on goes, my last preg we went to a spa in Arizona at 33 weeks which was so nice, I was afraid to leave the country in case something happened, so we stayed in the states, but it is still a 6 hr plane ride. I felt really good though. This time we have another trip to Disney planned (we go a lot) at 35 weeks. I know I'm crazy, but we plan on just hanging at the pool and just doing the parks a little bit for dd, I wanted one last trip with her alone as the baby! :cry: I still felt great up until the day I delivered her do hopefully I will be in the same shape this time around!

My morning sickness seems to have faded, just as we left for vacation. I hope it's gone for good. Took an extra week with this pregnancy. I just get soooo full so fast and get really uncomfortable heartburn. But I will take that over the nausea any day!

Hi Teta :hi:

Glad you had a good time away :D
My next scan is on 18th May, so not too far away - that's the anomaly scan (which I presume is the same as your anatomy scan?) then I have a private 4D scan booked for 23rd June

I really like the look of that co-sleeper - I wonder if they do something similar in the UK

hi teta :hi: hope you had a nice trip, where do you stay when you go there?

Im I the only one without a bump? Its my first pregnancy and Im 5'10...my mum claimed she didnt have a bump till 6 months! I have definitely expanded and theres lots of room for bub to be there in the middle but my stomach just doesnt look rounded at all. I cant wait for a bump!!

We usually stay at bay lake tower at the contemporary. We have the Disney vacation club and have stayed at most of them, but bay lake tower is my favorite bc you can walk to the magic kingdom.

I am 5'3 and petite (not pregnant that is) and it's my second so I assume those 2 reasons are why my bump is bumpy :haha: it's obviously not all baby since he/she is only an apple (or orange, depending on which email i read) I wantd to reply to the email this week telling me my baby is the size of an apple, and ask why is my stomach the size of a watermelon then??? :haha:

haha! Im an onion! isnt that about the same is an apple??!! its the banana week that confuses me :haha:

I've had a very noticeable bump since I was about 12/13 weeks ... and i LOVE it!

Sarah I don't have a bump yet either, but I do see some shifting so that the belly part under my belly button is a bit more rounded, but not much!

I went to a baby show yesterday as my main goal was strollers. I am now stuck between:
1. Peg Perego Skate
2. Orbit Baby G2
3. UppaBaby Vista

I just can't decide!

Im going to it tomorrow! is it any good?
I think Im going with the upper baby vista, a friend has it and also when in snugglebugz we were looking at it a couple came over and said they had it and loved it :thumbup:

Hi ladies!

I did a couple rounds of clomid, 1 round of IUI with femara (which failed and required injectibles), and 1 round of IVF. We are pregnant with 1 baby and I am due October 15.

We've narrowed down to 2 strollers - Stokke Xplory or Bugaboo Cameleon

Dis3tnd, here are my thoughts on the Orbit and Uppababy Vista:
Orbit - stroller seems far away, the way it wheeled wasn't very smooth, I like the convenience but if you're going for that, get the Origami 4moms, that one folds and unfolds by itself.

Uppababy - wheels great but I'm not sure it's comfortable for the baby, there's no cushion for the tush. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->