LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Sarah - the 12 week test is just an u/s with bw like you had but if the results come back with a certain risk, they follow up with an amnio & take some fluid from the sac to test ( i think) which has a risk of mc. It makes no sense for me to do the 1st test if it won't affect our decision to have the babies. I guess it could help you be prepared but in the baby stage at least, a DS baby still requires the same care, maybe more medical follow-up if there are issues. I worked with DS adults for a year and there is such a range. There were a few that were completely independent, could read & write & held jobs and there were a few that needed constant care. Honestly, this pg is going to be so many appts and so much work missed, if i can avoid a test or 2 i'm going to do it. Hope your bump shows up soon :)

Sarah - I didn't go for very long, my main goal was to look at all the strollers out there. There was lots of stuff there though and good deals. We bought some of our first baby purchases - best buy was the seat protector for your car so a car seat doesn't damage your leather from the babiesrus stall. Its regular $30 we got for $15. We also got a few fun contraptions, like a baby food smoosher that can smush bananas and stuff so baby can eat comfortably. Was a lot of fun to go as it was our first time looking at anything baby related not online... made things feel real.

Any ideas on the Skate? i find it so similar to the uppababy, the big difference I see is that the skate's bassinet can have an adjustable back in the bassinet so that baby doesn't always have to be at a full recline - I think thats a neat feature.

I actually love the fact that the majority of you lovelies are further along then me as it means I can get all the tips and advice ;)

I for one definitely have a bump but it is just 24/7 bloat :haha:

I was in love with the cameleon - til I read the reviews online ... then I switched allegiance to the iCandy peach in double time!

Urch if you don't mind me being so cheeky how much did you pick your icandy up for?

Dis, the Skate is what I will be getting. Although I want the one where the bassinet and seat are one. But they are so smooth and easy to maneuver, but they have nice thick padding for LO. I love that the seat goes up and down so you don't have to bend too far or they can sit at a table. The i'coo Pacific (and I can't remember the new models name) does that too, but not much padding. And you can get the jumper seat for it if you want a double down the road, and they are very inexpensive.

UppaBaby Vista is nice too, but I prefer the Skate. I am not an Orbit fan personally. Whatever you get will have to be right for you for personal reasons.

Urch, I like the icandy peach and Strawberry. The Strawberry reminds me of the Skate. I have heard people complain about parts always breaking though, but maybe they are different in NA.

I am in NY visiting my family. I did go shopping for maternity clothes while here. Even where I am the Motherhood is out about half an hour and after my 4 hour drive and the drive home I do not want to be in the car very long. So I just went to Old Navy. They had some really cute things though.They have a sale on and I am wondering if I should go back.

My belly has just popped all of a sudden! I still feel like I look like I have eaten too much though since I still have a bump below and above my belly button. My sister thinks because I am only a bit taller than her and our torso is so short, that it's because our intestines and organs have nowhere to go. She was all out front, huge though because she is so tiny. We are not biologically related though so who knows.

marie ahhh I see, I was wondering if where you live the initial tests are more invasive. so its the same as here, and I agree why bother. I did it just for the scan as I couldnt wait till 18 weeks, but you are getting lots of scans already :thumbup:

yay for popping care! I feel that when I have a belly it will all feel more real. Im definitely expanding and theres a little roundness underneath my belly button, but I want that pop and harder bump and I want it now :gun::rofl:

off to the baby show, have a lovely day everyone :flower:

Don't worry Sarah, you will get your pop eventually :awww:

Can't join in much on the stroller conversation since there aren't as many options for twins. I can't see needing a stroller terribly much. I plan to use a snap n go for the first few months and just drop in the infant seats. Beyond that I plan to get a jogging double stroller for use for walks or trips to the zoo and my sister will let me use her tandem double for the rare shopping trip where the jogger isn't practical.

I'm having an awful time finding crib bedding I like. Some I've loved online I've hated once seeing them in person. Hoping I'll have better luck once I know what they are.

Horrible time sleeping last night. Woke up around 230 and never really got back to sleep :sleep:

Don't mind at all FF - I got it for £260, but that was a rare bargain. That was just for the seat though, no carrycot.
I got it off Preloved - tends to be a lot cheaper than ebay :thumbup:

I don't know about the Strawberry Care, but I've not heard any complaints about the Peach (except that it is very expensive to buy new!)

I've definitely popped - in fact I popped a long time ago ... I've still got a B-shaped belly, but I'm also putting that down to my innards all being pushed up too (interestingly, I'm also short-bodied - I wonder if this is a regular thing for those of us with high waists???)

Care - where in ny does the family live? I live by nyc but dh is working in oswego by lake ontario now...probably nowhere close but i figured i'd ask.

Mrs.bear - i'm probaby going to get a stroller where one seat is behind the other. A friend of dh who had twins initially had the side by side stroller and she said she got stopped too much every walk and it was too wide for certain turns. She switched strollers and didn't get stopped as much. I don't think i'd mind the attention that much but if you can't get where you need to go, i could see that being annoying.
I seem to get the insomnia about once a week so i guess that's not too bad.

Dh is still in the doghouse. I decided i will pull the rest of the $ from the savings acct and pay off all of the credit cards so we will be at $0. I want him to see how bad it really is so maybe he will pay the $ back & start saving better. I don't like getting rid of my security net, but i'd rather it go somewhere important. I am still waiting for my ivf bill. My insurance co is deciding how much of it they're going to cover. FX it's a lot of it!

Marie I know it will be harsh giving up the safety net but I definitely think that you are doing the right thing :thumbup:

Urchin, thanks hun :thumbup: Still considering the britax b smart as we tried it out with Sprout and were quite impressed. I think we will pop down to the mahoosive babies r us in Southampton and try a few out and then maybe scour preloved, gumtree and ebay.

Marie, I am in western NY about 30mins south west of Buffalo (going out towards some of the ski resorts). I grew up in Boston NY which is so small but beautiful. My dad is now about 10mins from there in Orchard Park (where the Bills play). Two of my sisters live in Hamburg just down the road. I don't know where your DH is, but when I go home we are near lake Ontario for more than half the drive.

I have to share my bump, but I don't want to do it in the bump thread. So I am sharing with you lovely ladies. Hope you don't mind! I think the mat clothes make me look more pregnant.

Attachments

• 2012-04-29 09.48.06-1.jpg
    2012-04-29 09.48.06-1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 4
Nice bump :thumbup: There is definitely something about mat clothes that make us look more preggo

Marie - I agree that you are doing the right thing. Plus you won't have to wonder when the next time could be if there isn't anything in there for him to take.

As far as getting stopped, my sister got stopped with her twins all the time. Not so much now that they are 3 but a lot when they were younger. I didn't notice much difference based on stroller though. I guess the snap n go was worse because there were obviously both infants, whereas in the other strollers people had to actually look.

Thanks ladies! I feel so much more comfortable in the mat clothes. I look pregnant instead of just getting fat, which is how I feel in my regular clothes.

I am home now. So tired from the car ride yesterday and not sleeping in my bed. I still woke up at 6am though. I would love to sleep in till like 8! It was nice to see some of my nieces and one of my nephews and my dad and step mom. I wanted to do more shopping as I went to kohls yesterday for running shoes (they have the best sales). My dad went with me though and I didn't want to drag him off to look at clothes. Gosh, I wish we had the deals up here like they do in the US. I bought my DH and I running shoes (we don't run, just walk) and saved about $150.

I hope everybody had a great weekend!

I so got lost in the stroller talk! I need to reread posts when I have time! I know I need something lightweight and that stores flat and doesn't take up too much space. It looks like those are only available w/o the carseat option. I'm torn. I suppose a trip to Babies & Us will help me decide. After they outgrow the infant carseat, the travel stroller is just too BIG and pointless to me. Is there some option I am missing?

Care-Beautiful Bump! I thought it was just me that thought mat. clothes made me look bigger, so glad I'm not loosing my mind!

Last FS appt today. Stopped progesterone Friday night :/ Hope everything is alright in there! Be back in a bit with an update! FX

Klein, the Baby Jogger City Mini is super light and easy to fold. I don't think they work with car seats and the seats are made for 6+ months. I am not sure how light is lightweight for you, but you are right, travel systems are usually bulkier.

There is a YouTube channel called BabyGizmo and she does tons of stroller reviews. She gives specifics like weight, seat heights, and shows you if they work with a car seat and how they fold up. They are very good reviews. Maybe check them out. I watched about 1000 stroller reviews lol. Lots of BG and lots of random ones.

Im getting a little bump :thumbup:

I went to a baby show yesterday and it was funny as I kept wanting to rub my stomach and I thought it was just because there were so many big bumps there :haha: but when I got home I looked in the mirror and theres definitely a more rounder, harder belly popped out, like overnight! care yours looks so cute, I cant wait for us all to have massive bumps!!

dis I got those same car protectors! so excited as I got some gdiapers at the show for 15% off (I already knew what I wanted and was getting from their online store, so happy to get 15% off) and a few clothes and bits. I saw these lovely plush toys I fell in love with, but they were $120 each!

I told my MIL yesterday I might find out gender next week and not tell anyone, she was saying dont and we should find out as a couple (at birth!) making me feel bad. I did feel odd about doing it so now Im back on trying to stay on team yellow :dohh:

Sarah - I don't think that its wrong for you to find out and not DH. I don't think anyone should persuade your decision either way :)

On weekends I'm also a cake decorator, and a bit of a cake snob, so will be making my own baby shower cake. I'm thinking DH and I will find out gender on May 28th (my scan) and not tell family. I'll dye the cake batter either pink or blue, and everyone can find out at the shower when we cut into the cake :)

Sarah, one thing I've heard of is to get your ultrasound tech to write down the gender on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope. Give that envelope to whomever will be planning your baby shower, and they can ask the baker to dye the cake or inner filling pink or blue. That way you'll find out as a surprise when you cut into the cake :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->