LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Oh, I think I've finally kicked my morning sickness. Im still taking diclectin to be on the safe side, but I haven't thrown up in 4 days - which is a record since I turned 6 weeks. Haven't felt that all day nausea feel either.

The only problem is I still have no appetite - not hungry at all and no food sounds appealing. Does anyone else have this problem? I could go all day without eating.

I'm not very hungry either Dis - or at least, I do get hungry but I can't eat much because my stomach is all squushed up - so I am completely full after a very small portion

dis I think thats a lovely idea for you! and yes Ive heard about the cake thing, but hubby is adamant he wants to find out at birth!! also Im not doing a shower, I grew up in uk and not really used to them, Id prefer people to just buy something when bub is born (their choice, not things Im requesting, Ill buy all that!)

yay for the sickness....Im off the diclectin completely now, at first I felt sensitive but its been about 2 weeks and I feel good and my appetite is better.....so give it a week or 2. I still dont have a huge appetite....I get hungry easy now but cant eat much. Im still at my same weight after losing 10 lbs, MW said to expect a pound per week from 20 weeks. but like I mentioned before thats 20 lbs, minus the 10lbs Im down, so technically I might only be 10 lbs up at birth. and then hopefully will drop that from the baby, placenta etc. I suppose being in the overweight catagory when getting pregnant means you just dont gain as much fat.

ha urch I just said the same thing....get hungry but eating smaller.

and yay we are onions!!

We are :D
Though I have a bag of onions and there are pretty tiddly ones in there - certainly a lot smaller than some of the avocados I've met :rofl:

Care - love the bump! It's nice to look pg & not just bloated anymore.

Dis - i love the cake idea so much! I really wish i could do it at the baby shower but i want gender specific things on the registry. Maybe i could have a small pre- baby shower with just close family & friends & do it bc it sounds like so much fun. I'm tearing up thinking about it. I'd need 2 cakes though.
Glad MS is gone for you. I am hungry all the time since day 1 so i haven't encountered your problem yet. Maybe all of the MS has made you resent those foods? I don't know.

Dis - glad the MS is finally fading. I still get the odd day of nausea but not very often. I didn't really start wanting to eat till the past few days but it is still a lot of little snacks here and there.

Sarah and Urch - I'm not an onion til tomorrow :brat:

Sarah - I've finally put a couple of pounds back on but I lost 17 so I don't know if I should consider that pregnancy weight or just stabilizing and finally eating more again :shrug:. Yay for getting your bump! :happydance:. Shame on MIL for trying to make you feel bad :growlmad: Sounds like she is probably just taking DHs side. He would be the one choosing to wait, not you refusing to tell him after all. How is you wanting to know any more/less important than his waiting? As long as you don't tell what difference does it make if you know first. It isn't any more fair that you have to wait if that isn't what you want either. I say do what you want to do, whatever that is, and don't tell MIL anything :thumbup:

Sarah-I think it's fine you finding out and dh not, being married is about compromise and sometimes you just don't agree on the same thing, so you compromise! It's not MIL's business! As nice as she may be...STAY OUT OF IT lol.
So glad your getting your longed for bump! It is amazing how they just pop out one night. Mine did the same thing this time.

Mrs B-Pre-onion is much better than plum :wacko:

Dis-So happy your not sick anymore! I think...maybe...mine is letting up some. Wonderful feeling!
So great you do cakes! I'm jealous lol I always watch the cake bake shows. It looks so much fun!
I baked cupcakes and dyed the batter pink and blue, I iced them in white and chocolate and after the u/s appt called everyone and told them which one to eat when I was preggo w DD.

I will have to check out those reviews! Thanks for letting me know! I have never heard of a baby show :shrug: That would be cool to go to. We live in a small town area so maybe that's why. :shrug: We do have bridal shows though.

12w1d Dr Update-
Baby measured 13w (man what do you have to do to get a due date change these days lol!)
HB 158
Waiting for progesterone levels, nurse said that if they were going to drop the bloodwork should show it today. She said they are going to recheck me Monday and then hopefully I will be an official progesterone graduate.
So glad they are going the extra mile to ease my worry. They are AWESOME!

progest level update, today's was a 33. They seem pleased and will recheck Monday.

Hi everyone! I've been so bad about posting. 5 more weeks of school then I get the summer to do nothing!

Klein- yay for a great scan.

Sarah - Congrats on your bump!

Marie - starting in week 9 my appetite went out of control. I'm hungry for a meal every 2-3 hours. Tomorrow I'll be 10 weeks and I've gained 3 pounds already since my BFP.

Today's my last day of progesterone and aspirin! I wish I could have a drink to celebrate the end of the entire shot/drug cycle. We have a final appt with the RE on Thursday. I feel so lucky to have worked with a small, great clinic.

Hi Klein :hi:
Levels are looking good :thumbup:
I don't know why they didn't move your DD - they shifted mine forwards a couple of days at my 12 wk scan, which made no sense to me as I know exactly when conception took place! As far as I'm concerned, Eenie was just having a wee growth spurt :D

Nice to see you sienna - and congrats on reaching the end of your meds - you'll have to store up the celebratory drink for a few months though :D

Mrs B - you must be an onion today :dance:

AFM, the sickness just won't go away ... I have a horrible feeling that it has settled in for the duration :(
On a brighter note, I'm off to meet up with my mum today for lunch. She's not seen me since I've had a bump - so I am wearing horizontal stripes to make it look as obvious as possible :rofl:

Have a great lunch with your mum Urch! Show off that bump. ;) I am sorry your MS hasn't let up.

Sienna, yay for being off progesterone and aspirin! Glad you are doing well.

Klein, awesome U/S! My OB never changed my date either. Nice levels too. It was good that they checked them. My OB wouldn't. He said there was no need. If I were still at the clinic maybe things would have been different.

Dis, I am glad the MS is going away!

My MS has been almost gone, but last night it got pretty bad. It is supposed to be nice out today and if I get my work done I am hoping to go for a walk.

Sienna - yay for getting off meds and graduating from the RE :yay:

Urch - sorry you are still feeling bad but yay for showing off the bump :thumbup: I'm so trained to avoid horizontal stripes but my sister said this was the time to go for them and flaunt it :haha:

Care - hope the MS goes away for good soon

Klein - congrats on a great scan :happydance:

And I'm officially an onion! woo hoo! :wohoo: Only 2 days til next ultrasound. I hope they cooperate and we can find out what they are...

Oh wow Mrs B! we've got another 17 days to wait til our next US ... am soooo very jealous!

Urch - yeah, one benefit of twins is I will get lots of ultrasounds. The wait is still driving me crazy though. i don't know what I would do if I only got one or two :wacko:

yay so excited for your ultrasound this week!

mine is in 6 days :happydance:

OMG can't believe your scans are soo sooon! So jealous! I have 27 days to wait, its so long I decided to get a ticker!

I don't know how you'll hold out on the gender Sarah. I love online shopping, especially on discount sites like hautelook.com and beyondtherack.com - there's always such cute baby clothing on there that it just kills me not knowing what I can get!!

Funny you say that dis, bc that's one of the reasons I didn't find out with dd and I'm not finding out this time. I will buy WAY too much if I know!! Not knowing really helps me control myself!

I go for my 16 week blood work tomorrow, I haven't made my ultrasound appointment yet bc I'm hoping at my ob appt on Monday I will be able to talk my dr into sending me to a high risk office perinatologist for it, instead of just a regular radiology place where I would have to go. I know the ob well since I work with him in the hospital, so I'm really hoping that I can convince him!

For everyone currently obsessed with stroller selection; I'm obsessed with double strollers and currently have it narrowed down to 2, but I have the bumbleride indie for DD and we love it. If you are looking for a jogging like stroller that is not huge and bulky and can also work as an every day stroller it's perfect. We have used it since the day dd was born as it has a car seat attachment, and she was able to sit in the seat also bc it lays flat. She is 2 and still falls asleep every time we start pushing it! We are probably going to be getting the double version of it now. We also have a maclaren umbrella stroller which is great too

ha teta thats a good way to look at it!! dis I do have moments of really wanting to know, but really they dont need much the first month and so I will do lots of online shopping when bub is born, gifts from family, or physical shopping if I can manage it! hubby is taking 3 weeks off so Im hoping I wont be too run down. I change my mind every day, somedays I really want to wait as perhaps when Im in labour the excitement of not knowing will keep me going! Ive already got a lot of gender neutral stuff so I will try to keep following the yellow path!

thanks to everyone who commented on MIL and that she should mind her business, I agree although I think deepdown I want to do this as a couple and me knowing and him not does feel odd so I think her saying it just reinforced my doubt. If I manage to hold out then I want to find out for the 2nd and hubby agreed to that.

my mum is arriving for a month tomorrow to stay with me so I think she will persuade me not to find out too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->