LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Sarah - great news :happydance:

Klein - I don't have bad modesty issues, especially after everyone has been poking around through IVF, etc :haha: DH is actually more modest than I am. Hopefully they take after me :thumbup:

Teta - Thanks for the tip, hadn't even thought of drinking something to get them active

My scan isn't til 3pm Eastern time so still a while to wait. I have a Dr appt after so probably will be sometime tonight before I can post what we find out, if anything. FX I have two big pieces of info to post :yellow::yellow:

Sarah, that is such great news! I am kind of worried for our next U/S because we haven't had one since 8w4d and they can't tell much at that point. I just want to see that bubs is healthy.

Mrs.Bear, I am so excited! Hopefully by the time I get home you will have posted your results!

care I feel the same, the 11 week one they measured but everything is so small, the 18 week will be so much more detailed and Im just terrified they will find something. I just want it over then hopefully getting a big bump and feeling bub.

I've been wearing maternity trousers since i was about 8 weeks :D
At that point I expect it was all bloat - but they were still much more comfy!

Mrs Bear - that's so exciting! I've just asked my friend Google, and he tells me that 15:00 EST = 20:00 GMT
Soooo hopefully us UKers will know before bedtime!

I've also lost all modesty when it comes to airing my chuff ... it seems like the world and his wife have been up there now, so what's a few more? :rofl:

Sarah- that's such great news and one less thing to have to worry about! :thumbup: I had my 2nd set of bloodwork yesterday and they said they will be calling me tomorrow with the results which I was excited about!!!

Dis- I have been in all maternity clothes for weeks now, my body seems to think my butt and thighs are pregnant so nothing fits :haha: I love my maternity clothes and couldn't wait to break them out! I am definitely not the in group who can't eat. If I don't eat every 3 hours I get nauseous, light headed, and so tired I can't move. And I don't mean a little snack I mean something substantial. I have been feeling much better the past week or 2 though, but I'm hoping my appetite calms down too!

I officially made my next ultrasound appointment, May 23! So less than 3 weeks :happydance: I'm hoping to get my ob to sneak a quick peak at the office on Monday too which would be exciting!

Well according to hospital measurements I am only 6+5 weeks but my GP has put me at 7+6 and I am supposed to have booked my midwife checking in appointment for 8 weeks :wacko: I know it sounds ridiculous but last time we lost the baby a few days before my checking in appointment and now I am scared to make it! I know it is completely ridiculous and I can't keep putting it off but I can't help it :(

I know that feeling exactly FF
I didn't go and officially tell my GP until after my 8 week scan

Mrs B-We need lots of pics too!

FF-I see and can totally relate to you wanting to put off scheduling the appt. I felt the same hesitations in this pregnancy as I did with my losses. Once you get past that hurdle then it does get easier.

Ok, I'm a photographer and I have a picture obsession lol. I have had my interest sparked in birth photography. I am completely aww stricken by the pictures I have seen. The level of emotion is breathtakingly beautiful. I have BFF's who are also photographers and I am talking it over with them to photograph the birth of our baby. My only hesitation at this point is, unless my doc has changed the rules, only 2 people can be in during delivery. Of course DH, and my mom has been there for the birth of both of my kids. SO, I hate to kick her out for the photographer lol. Is anyone else considering having their birth photographed or am I the only crazy one?!?!

"And for a moment the whole world, revolved around one boy and one girl" :oneofeach:

One Boy, One Girl - by Collin Raye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrZQd2xlYzQ

Cervix measuring good at 4.5cm so that is good news too :thumbup:

FF - your hesitation is completely understandable. measurements can be hard in early scans so try not to let that worry you :hugs:

Klein - my hospital won't allow photo/video during delivery, only after. be sure to check policies where you are going to make sure they will allow a photographer

Bear that is the most perfect news ever!!! :cloud9::happydance::cloud9:

Congratulations, you must be beyond ecstatic!!!!

Awww, that is the perfect family right there! How exciting, congrats! Were they cuddled up together or was one kicking the other in the face? I think it would be so cool to see how they interact in the womb.

I had other things to reply but I am on my phone and they were on the previous page so I will do it later.

Today they were looking at each other so most shots were either of their heads or their bums. The pictures of 'the goods' were taken from underneath :haha:. I'll try to get some of the scan pics posted tomorrow.

Fantatic news Mrs B - team purple FTW!

and may I take this opportunity to wish you all a happy Star Wars day...

May 4th be with you!

Hahaha Urch. Mrs.B could name the twins Luke and Leia. :haha:

Teta, my U/S is also may 23!!! :happydance: Mine is 9:30 am EST, when is yours?

FF, I understand. Even though I am different since I have never been pregnant (except maybe days with a chemical), I have been waiting for over 12 years and it seems surreal. I am scared that once I believe everything is ok (like with my boys as we were confident they were never leaving), something will happen. I hate feeling like that. I also have flip days where I know everything will be fine and that this baby will be healthy and home with us in the fall.

Klein, I never thought of a professional photographer actually, but it is a cool idea. I wouldn't want to take away from somebody else being there. I know for sure it will be my DH and my mom.

Have any of you had anybody else go in to the U/S room with you and your OH? So there would be two others besides myself. My mom really wants to go, and this U/S is the first since our 8 week so my husband definitely wants to be there (plus we hope to find out the gender). My mom has never been to a pregnancy U/S seeing that she never had any babies and I am her only child. We are hoping they won't mind her coming in. My DH says we won't have any problems and that he will make sure my mom is able to come too (he is very persuasive), but I am not sure.

Bubs is an avocado today! :happydance:

Yaaay for avocados Care!

Each hospital has their own rules regarding how many ppl can be in the US room at once - but you could always go in with hubby, and then when he's had a good gawp swap him over with your mum?

Yay Bear :dance: Team Purple is amazing :cloud9:

So many gender scans coming up!

I have decided to be brave and phone to make an appointment at some point this afternoon :wacko:

I like the idea of a photographer for immediately after birth but not too keen on during :wacko: That said I will probably just ask my cousin or DH (my birthing team :wacko:) to take random snaps and convert them to sepia/black or white. Colour photo's would detract somewhat from the beauty of the whole event for me :haha:

FF-Oh yea black & white will be my choice. I will edit any parts out as needed lol. I don't think there will be alot of those type of pics going on. I want pics of the waiting and the clock and all the amazing little details. It will be my last planned birth, Lord Willing. I want to soak it all in! OMG...The holding up of the baby and announcing the gender I will be so looking forward to! Even though I've seen it done a million times on tv...I can't even imagine it in person. WOW :)

Care- I think it will be amazing for your mom to go. For my DD we had 3 people in the u/s room, 4 including me lol. Check with the rules and maybe make adjustments accordingly.

If further proof was needed that the NHS are severely cutting funding when it comes to early pregnancy care, I have it :growlmad: Everything is now done over the telephone and you won't even hear from a midwife until at least 11 weeks (and even that is on the phone!) They will then tell you when your 13 week scan is going to be!

I suffer from very low blood pressure in pregnancy but because it is so common I'm not going to be monitored. Worryingly though they did ask about downs syndrome in the family, we have it on my maternal side. I had no idea it was hereditary :( I am only a few months younger then my auntie was when she conceived my cousin that suffered with downs syndrome so am now a bit worried :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->