LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Ah team yellow will have no impact on names for us as we picked ours about 4 years ago :haha:

Nate and Eleanor :cloud9:

Care - i would go to the hospital for a scan if you're worried. Everything is probably fine but seeing what is going on will ease your mind.

Dis - i'm sure everything is fine but it's a good idea to get checked out. All of my pg brochures say spotting is common but i understand being nervous.

Sienna - glad you have graduated. I miss my FS as we have been through so much and i think he is such an amazing dr. I have to go to a new team as my gyn does not do OB anymore so i have 5 drs to choose from.

Urchin - hope you are feeling better. What a battle it has been for you already. My MW gave me a due date of November 20 since she predicts i will go 38 weeks so i don't know if i should change it or not. I guess that is her prediction? I don't know.

Mrs.bear - thanks for the vitamin advice. It's hard when you're taking 6 of them to figure out how to space them out with minimal nausea. Vitamins don't normally sit well with me to begin with so this has been a challenge.

I somehow lost a pound this week and am still only up 2 pounds in total. I am eating so much more and am doing no exercise so am not understanding. I'm not too worried now since the MW said 5 lbs in the 1st tri is good but i feel a lot of pressure for the future. DH may have a plan to put all of the $ back in the savings acct. He is getting laid off soon & there is a big job hiring in chicago with a lot of overtime so if he goes there for a few months, we should be back on track. I don't like being alone when pg as i have no one to help me but financially, it's the best thing.

Marie will your DH be eligible for redundancy pay? I can feel your anxiety about being alone :flower: It will be tough :hugs: But as you said if it is going to give you a buffer for the future financially then I understand why your doing it.

I would imagine carrying twins burns a lot more calories so perhaps this is why you have lost the weight? I wish I could say the same! Luckily I lost a bit of weight the month we conceived and have already gained almost 4lbs! Terrible I know :(

I haven't put on any weight at all - but I do seem to have redistributed it somewhat!

The IVF meds made me put on a good 8lbs, that are still there ... but having been so ill, I've not put any more on since I have been pregnant

Am sure things won't stay this way for very long :thumbup:

Dis, I hope you get in fast. I can't remember, have you had spotting before? I am sure everything is fine, but it is scary. Please update us when you can. (((HUGS)))

Urch, I am similar to you. I put on 6 or 7 pounds during ivf, but haven't really after. I can't tell because every day at different times my weight can be 5lbs up or down. So I am sometimes a few pounds less than after ivf and sometimes a few more. I imagine it is water making the difference.

FF - love the names! I love the nickname Ellie for Eleanor. I like Ariel & Jayden. Not that i'm assuming it's going to be one of each but those are the only names i like so far. DH is not on board with those names so don't know if he will come around. How much weight do they want you to gain? I know it's quite a range depending on your prior weight & dr.

Urchin - my weight has shifted around too. I look like i've gained 10 lbs the way it is distributed. So weird. I see people at work staring at me bc it looks like i have a gut & no one is used to seeing that on me (or maybe i'm just being paranoid). I try to wear baggy shirts but sometimes i run out.

Mrs.bear - are you doing a c-section? It is automatic at my clinic with twins. I guess i'm ok with it. They worry about one getting delivered normally & the 2nd needing an emergency c-section. They said there are too many variables/risks to consider.

Got an ultrasound and all looks fine :) was my first spotting incident and scary. They said to come back again in a week to check cervix again.

Dis I'm so relieved to hear everything is fine! Any looks at the lower parts???

Dis-So glad you and baby are good. Spotting is the worst, it should be banned from the pregnancy world! So good they got you in right away too!

I am so glad to hear everything looks ok Dis! What a relief.

Dis I'm so relieved to hear everything is fine! Any looks at the lower parts???

No, they spent more time looking at cervix etc, hardly looked at baby :( from what I saw its not obviously a boy lol

Care - glad there is at least a reason for the waits and it isn't just rudeness or negligent. I think if you are still having pain it would be a good idea to get a scan just in case. It could be something non-ovary related and I'm sure the farther along the pregnancy gets you risk the pain getting worse. Better to check it out I think.

Dis - happy to hear all is ok in there. I'm sure at this stage they aren't worried so much about a mc from the baby than the cervix shortening too early. good that they are keeping on top of it and checking again just to be safe.

Marie - My OB said it is most likely I will have a c-section. The OB nurse said if we got to the end and they were both in a good position we could discuss doing natural but I am hesitant to do that for the reason you mention. I don't want to go through a lot of contractions and labor and put me and the babies through that physical stress just to end up doing a c-section anyway. Better to let them start with that plan and do it calmly than have it be an emergency due to something putting one or both of the babies at risk. It is of course possible to do natural with multiples in the right circumstance but I'm not going to fight for it. As far as weight, I didn't gain anything til a couple weeks into second tri. Weight gain isn't a concern just yet. My OB said the 28-40lb range would be the goal with twins.

Thought I'd share this story,
I just sent out a text to my 2 BFF's and my sister that said, 'we just decided on our girl name it's Journee Merci Kaydnz'. One of my BFF's sent a text message back and it said, 'so i just found out april (me) is naming her baby Journey'. I thought about her text for a minute and it hit me...SHE HAD THE NAME JOURNEY ON HER TO BE CONCEIVED LIST! I couldn't believe it and I needed to make sure so I sent her 'so do you like the name, like it was on your list to make your unborn yet to be conceived list???' She told me yes, but that she wasn't expecting to try to get pregnant for years so it's ok. I was texting her and she was texting me the following messages at the same time
ME TO HER-It's ok, if you love the name we can totally share it, I'll call mine Merci (which she will be called as much as Journee b/c we use middle names like that lol) when the girls are together, I wouldn't want to share the name with anyone else, love ya!

HER TO ME-You can have the name, as long as I get to say it a lot, that's all that matters and I wouldn't want anyone else to have it. It's all yours. Love you!

I know that was hard to follow. Moral of the story, I'm close enough to her to share the name and she's close enough to me to want me to have it. In the event of IF we both have girls, I guess the situation is resolved lol.

Dis I am so glad everything is okay :flower: Sorry you didn't get to see the 'goods' but at least you can relax now :hugs:

Marie we already decided to shorten to Ellie :haha: Realisticly I have no idea what is considered a 'normal' pregnancy :shrug: I am only 5" 0.5 inches (that half inch is very important ;)) and I try to keep my weight at about 119lbs. So I'm think 14lbs over-all gain? Not sure if that is an ideal target or not :wacko:

Klein I think sharing names is lovely! It's wonderful that you two are close enough to be able to do that :)

Had a night of very vivid dreams and they were not so nice :(

good news Dis! am so glad everything is going well in there :thumbup:

I keep having very vivid dreams too FF - very vivid dirty dreams at that!

Oh thank god for that Urch! I thought my filthy dreams were withdrawal from ttc nookie - perhaps not :haha:

FF/Urchin - i've been having the strangest dreams this week. I have this recurring one that i am some kind of exterminator/pest remover and i keep encountering these animal monster things and i am the only one that knows how to catch them. I hate it since i'm afraid of bugs and creatures.

FF - no redundancy pay for dh. He got laid off last night & will be home tonight. Hopefully he can be off to chicago in a week or so but looking forward to spending time with him.

Mrs.bear - i'm kind of glad they are not giving me a choice & telling me a c-section is the only option. I'm the type to really stress about making such an important decision.

Klein - love the name! I think whoever has the baby 1st gets the name.

FF - your weight goal sounds about right. They don't tell you a lot of info in the beginning, you're left to guess & figure it out. I should find out more at my 12 wk appt. I lost another pound so i am only up 1 pound now. I realized even though i have no MS, i am extra "regular" these days (tmi) and maybe that's where everything is going. I just need to get through this 1st tri and then maybe the pounds will stick.

dis so glad everything is ok..what kind of spotting was it? I hear many people get it, must be so worrying :hugs::hugs::hugs:

sorry just glanced over all the posts as busy with SIL's wedding yesterday and day-after-lunch today at inlaws, LOL @ vivid dirty dreams, definitely had those and perhaps TMI but this week me and my hubby have been having lots of great sex! poor guy didnt get any for 3 months when I was so sick, but Im back :bodyb::rofl:

Haven't managed to have any real strumpage - but these dreams are so vivid, that I'm almost there when I wake up :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->