LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

I hear you Urch ;) No actual bedroom activity needed :haha:

DH knows he is on rations until second trimester, scan will be needed first to confirm everything is okay! Feels weird going from ttc :sex: to a dry spell :wacko:

Marie so sorry about the redundancy - this recession is really hard hugs:

So am thinking of buying a certain baby book but am worried that if scan next week shows something is wrong then the book is going to be a bit of a painful reminder :wacko:

what is this :sex: you speak of??? :haha: Finally cleared to BD again and DH is working, not that I have the energy to do much anyway. Oh well, my fantasy :sex: will have to do for now :winkwink:

FF - I'm the same way. I didn't start buying anything til this week after my 17 week scan. I don't think you will jinx anything by getting it now but if you feel more comfortable waiting your scan isn't so far away :hugs:

urch I know the exact dreams you are describing :thumbup:

FF I think we BD'd only once in my 1st tri, I was too nervous and didnt enjoy it. but now into 2nd tri Ive suddenly been very interested and theres increased cm that wasnt there in 1st tri making it much easier!! I didnt buy anything until later (books I actually had from before TTCing), its really only the last month Ive started to think this might actually be happening so I understand your hesitation.

Yes Sarah, we will be thinking of you today!

I am jealous of those of you who are :sex:. My DH won't. We were told O could cause contractions so he wouldn't, but then he started talking about this one time we BD and a cyst on my ovary broke. It was so painful and yes, since I have cysts now, it makes it kind of scary. Not sure if it would happen again, but not sure I want to take the chance either. I sure hope this next U/S shows enough change that it will be ok.

Crazy, vivid, dreams, yes, me too! Some are nightmares but most are dirty dreams. At least I get some in my dreams, lol. :sleep:

FF, I wouldn't buy anything for a long time either. I already had books though. I am not sure what I would do early on. I honestly probably wouldn't unless there was a great sale. Maybe you can borrow some from your midwife/doctor or library?

Thanks lovelies :flower:

I figure it is such a bargain I will just bid on it, I figure that it will always come in handy as it is all about preparing for your first and setting a routine.

I have to chime in on the dreams, not sure if I posted it here but I've been having affair type dreams. Crazy I know. Just to name one, I don't know if you gals ever watched the old tv show 'Boy Meets World' but there is a character on there named Shawn, yea we got busy in a few of my dreams lol. I walked in and DH was watching the show, it comes on early in the mornings on tbs I think, maybe abc, I said, oh, by the way, I had an affair with Shawn last night....DH just looked at me and didn't say a word.
**BD Vent**
We were laying in bed last night and he said, when do I get any petting (he likes for me to rub his hair) and loving (meaning :sex:) I told him when I thought I could handle the movement of :sex:and not :sick: on him. Then I snapped and said, I'm not sure if you think I'm supposed to be some kind of sex kitten or something, but I'm not. [-X I am a sick, tired, boob hurting, pregnant woman. Yes, please let me rub your hair!---get real. As far as I'm concerned my DH can rub his own things that need to be rubbed and leave me alone til I feel better! [-(
**vent over** :wacko:

FF-Oh yea, no harm in bidding. Sounds like a good book that I'm sure you'll need now or for future use.

Care-I had a cyst burst during :sex: too. It was the worst pain, aside from labour that I've ever had. I didn't know I had a cyst at the time and the pain that I felt was the same intensitity of a contraction. Except with the cyst it wasn't over...it stayed around for a few hours. It was awful. On top of it, I went to the ER with it, dr offices were closed, and they told me it was a stomach ulcer...seriousally...even after they asked me if I had ever experienced any pain like this before and I said YES LABOUR! I left with an RX for ulcer meds and went straight to my OB who found the problem in no time. Needless to say, I won't be returning to that hospital...EVER.

Sarah-Too funny!!! I can't wait to be back too!

AFM-NT scan and bloodwork today. VERY NERVOUS :wacko: I threw up this morning for the first time ever. I was brushing my teeth. I had just ate a porkchop biscuit from Jack's and it sorta smelt a bit raw. I'm not sure if it was or if it was ms but either way that was the second time I've ever thrown up during pregnancies. The first time I had a stomach virus when I was BIG preggo w DS and I can remember trying to move my belly around to try to get over the toilet, not fun :nope:
ms or not, I texted DH and told him it was his fault :haha: He works alot so he really has NO idea how sick I feel all the time. Probably why he wanted his dang head rubbed. Oy, men. :dohh:

Im so happy to hear all this dream talk! Mine are very vivid as well, and while I have a lot of bd'ing dreams, a lot of them are *ahem* masturbation dreams - I wake up not knowing if I was or wasn't!

Actually the night I had spotting, that morning I woke up THERE from a dream masturbation! WEIRD! Sorry if TMI!

We have been engaging in it once in a while, and I really wanted to this weekend, but the doc said no sex after my spotting incident until I get checked again next weekend :( sigh. Especialy since I think I got myself THERE in my dream again last night - how do I stop that!!!

I had also heard that big O are more common in pregnancy but they can also cause uterine contractions which can lead to complications :wacko:

I will be abstaining for a while I think :(

I just daren't :(

I'd never forgive myself if the big O gave me contractions, or if I disturbed something - though I must admit, it's not like me at all to be going without :blush:
Maybe that's why I'm having such mucky dreams?

Though the one I had on Saturday night had me copping off with a very very old man in the stables of a stately home, which was attached to a motorway service station :wacko:

This morning I woke up thinking I wasn't pregnant - which really unsettled me ... but I think it was because I woke up lying on my front, which I've not been able to do for weeks ... somehow I'd managed to skew my bump to one side!

I had an orgasm in my sleep! I woke up to it in the end but that was weird. DH and I haven't :sex: since pre pregnancy. I think especially the thought that I may be having a daughter discourages him from wanting it.

I think I had an orgasm in my sleep Friday :blush: after TTC for so long my sex drive is usually rock bottom so I definitely think it is the hormones :haha:

I guess that is somewhat reassuring as a symptom as I'm still worried about lack of them :(

Had some really bad cramping yesterday but I figure unless there is bleeding, it's probably okay :wacko:

Cramping, as long as it passes and isn't accompanied by bleeding, isn't too dreadful ... of course we worry about anything out of the ordinary, and we always will!

had my scan yesterday, it went well....they cant tell me anything as the doctor has to look at everything and send a report to the midwife, but I saw the hands and feet, spine etc and a great profile :cloud9: the girl was soooo nice (last time I had a grump) and she asked if I wanted to find out gender. I was in there alone for the measurement part and so I said well I do, but hubby doesnt, so Im trying to be good so no. A bit later I asked her if she'd looked over the genitals yet and she said yes and so I said do you know, and she said yes I do know. I was like OMFG!!!!! it was so hard, but I really wanted to do this as a couple so I have to be strong.

So she went and got my hubby and mum and showed us the face, hands etc, it was amazing!! bub was moving all over, we saw the lil feet so clearly. So then hubby said 'well you have been through so much so I dont mind if we find out'...I was like really??? are you sure!! as I didnt want him to do something he didnt want and he said yes its fine and started crying and started me and my mum off too. So she showed us the genital area and announced it.....its in my spoiler!!

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• bub18weeks_1.jpg
    bub18weeks_1.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 4
  • bub18weeks_2.jpg
    bub18weeks_2.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 4
Aww Sarah congrats! He's adorable :cloud9: yay for your husband agreeing to finding out :dance:

Xxx

Awwww, Sarah that is so awesome! So great of DH to do that for you. I bet he was excited to find out too and it got the best of him. I am soooooooooo happy for you!!!! I have tears in my eyes. :yipee:

Ohhh Sarah!! Im so happy for you! Bubs is adorable I love how clearly you can see HIS little mouth and nose! OMG so excited for you! ITS A BOY! YAYYYYY!!!!!

Sarah, OMG your so having a baby boy!!!! I'm trying to stop crying now! Wow, so glad you and hubby were on board for finding out together. ((sniff)) Still crying!

FF-I've been having cramping sensations through out this pregnancy, I think it's just stretching. As long as no bleeding...that's great. Just prob means baby is in there growing and needing more room :)

AFM- NT u/s was amazing! We saw everything and almost the sex, well the doc saw it but we didn't want to know. It's amazing that he can tell the sex with 90% accuracy at 13 weeks. WOW! Anyway, I only got one good pic, they took a ton but just printed one. I'll try to post it tomorrow.
They looked at the arm bones, leg bones, soft spot on skull, brain, bladder (which was filling she said), blood flow in the placenta, cord and throughout baby, heart chambers. It was fantastic. Glad I had the scan done. (They did tell me that my severe anemia could of thrown off the test when I was pregnant with DD. Nice to maybe have an explanation on that.) Finger pricked and blood results should be back in about 5 days.

Got an RX for Zofran, I think it's working a little. Why does my nausea increase at 13 weeks instead of decrease?!?!? :shrug: It's not right!

Progesterone level was a 21 and they seem to be fine with that. They are done checking it. I guess I'm a full blown normal pregnancy now. Next OB appt isn't until 4 weeks from now. Ugh, don't even know if that will be an u/s.
Cheers to being released to OB!

Sarah - Props for you to being strong in the face of severe temptation and YAY for DH coming around and agreeing to find out :yipee:. I agree with Care, I think being in there and faced with the reality of being able to know right then pushed him over the edge and the excitement got the better of him. He is a guy and they can't just admit they changed their mind after all right? :haha: Congrats on joining team blue! We are on the same team :winkwink: but then everybody is on my team :rofl:

Urch - should we add a tally to page one of how many team blue/pink/yellow we have cooking? Would be interesting to see if we end up meeting the average in the end.

Sarah and Urch - we are sweet potatoes this week! mmm... would love some right now with lots of butter and brown sugar

Klein - congrats on being released to the OB :thumbup:

thanks everyone!! :kiss: :cloud9:

klein yay glad you had such a great scan!

mrs bear: hubby said he did it as he wanted to see me happy and it was so worth it, also that he was planning to do it all along. I did wonder, as he was being so adamant which is unlike him. I do think given the choice he would have preferred to wait, but its so nice that he wanted to make me happy. And I agree would be great to keep track on the front page!

I just got the report back and all his measurements are perfect, I feel so relieved. cant wait for you all to get to this stage so we can all relax a little and start to enjoy this crazy ride!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->