LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

oh FF that is so so sad, Im so sorry you are having to go through this again. At times like this life seems so cruel, please take care of yourselves and we are here if you need to talk :hugs:

FF I am so very sorry that you are going through this again - you are a lovely person and although I dont think anyone deserves such an awful thing, there are people who most absolutely definitely don't :hugs:

FF, I am so sorry. I know it seems unbearable. I hope you get some answers and insight and when your emotionally ready to try again you get your rainbow baby. I hope you and your DH find peace. My heart aches for you both. Feel free to pm me if you need a talk, cry, rant or anything! :hugs:

TMI--
I need help, since I am taking the Zofran I am now constipated. I literally went from going 3-4 times a day to none in 5 DAYS!!! I have looked everywhere for my safe to take while pregnant sheets...does anyone have one handy. This isn't a add fiber and water and juice situation, we are FAR past that :( Please let me know if anyone has any info on this.
TIA

I was told never to take any laxitives while pregnant. One girl here did and she ended up in the hospital with bleeding. I guess because her body was pushing. Ever since stimming I have only gone once or twice a week. Lately it has been more frequent thankfully. Besides diet I am not sure what you can do. Maybe call Telehealth?

I will look for my safe sheet and see if anything is on it. I hope you get some relief soon.

Thanks Care, I'm worried about a laxative too for the same reason. I just don't know what else to do for relief. I am so compacted and now I have a new hemroid. Plus, my stomach cramps like I have to go and it's waking me up at night and then nothing. I'm so miserable. I've been eating tons of fruit and drinking fruit juices and water. It's got to be that Zofran. I can't wait til the doc office opens. I hope they know of something.

Ok, mine says for constipation it is best to eat high fibre diet or bulk forming agents such as metamucil. It also says stool softeners are safe ie: docusate calcium (surfak) or docusate sodium (colace). I never even heard of those last two.

Here's a number for MotherRisk Helpline: 1-877-439-2744 if you want to talk to somebody.

Klein - I had awful constipation with the OHSS and still have issues with it due to the extra iron I am on. One thing my RE said not to do was take an enema because he said it could introduce bacteria into the abdomen and they don't like to risk that earlier in pregnancy. What I ended up doing for the really bad OHSS incident while I was in the hospital was lots of milk of magnesia, colace and a couple bottles of magnesium citrate. All should be safe. The magnesium citrate is no fun and tastes awful but if the others won't help that will do the trick. It took a few days for things to get moving and it was NOT fun when they did, but it did get it taken care of.

Right now I am mainly on 2-3 colace every day just to keep things going. Still not super easy but am at least fairly regular.

I feel your pain! I take colace too. It is safe. Good luck! Hope you go soon :winkwink:

Had my second cervical check today - cervix looks good so no stitching required!! Yay!

Also got my IPS results, risk at 1 in 20,000 where the average for my age is 1 in 10,000 - yay!

All great news dis :thumbup: each little milestone feels like such a huge relief. Did u get to see baby? Or did they just look at cervix?

My scan was changed AGAIN b/c my insurance is giving me a hard time about going to high risk for it. So I just said forget it and I'm going to the regular place. So its next Wednesday again. 8 days :happydance:

Who's scans are coming up?? A few I think!!

Dis3tnd, yay for awesome results!

Teta, I have a scan in 6 days, it's the special NT ultrasound. It'll be a day before turning 13w and I can't wait to see it on the screen.

I've been feeling great except having weird ache. Did anyone get lower back pelvic pain (not muscle stuff but more at the tailbone area) at this point in the pregnancy? I'm going to have to get a heating pad because it's very achy.

Oh Klein, that sounds like no fun at all ... now I'm not the kind of girl that poos (and no one would ever get me to admit otherwise) but
If I had been in the position - hypothetically speaking - of being unable to poo for days and days following abdominal surgery, with nothing at all working ... I may possibly have reached for a pair of surgical gloves and a tube of lube, and well ... were I ever to be in that position, I expect you could imagine the next bit :D

ROFL Urch.

Sienna, that is coming fast!

Teta we are back to having our scans on the same day! I can't wait till Wednesday. I was told not to be worried if the tech doesn't say much. It depends on them because they aren't supposed to comment. She also said not to be alarmed if they say I have to go back as sometimes it is hard to see everything.

I really hope I don't have to wait 4 weeks to hear the results. I think I will be a pest if our tech doesn't say much.

Dis, why is it again that you get your cervix checked? Is it normal to check it around now? Just wondering if I am missing it or if only those with other issues needs it done. I am glad you don't need to be stitched up. The thought gives me the wiggens.

Care I had a check cause I had some spotting last week - nothing major though thankfully!

Teta - I did get a look at baby. We asked if they could see gender but she said baby was in a bad position, all we saw was an arm and its spine and little bum - it had its back to us! We got a little picture of the spine to bring home lol.

Had a dr apptmt - I'm up 6 pounds from my 12 week appointment - I'm worried I've gained too much in a little under 6 weeks ....

:hugs: FF - i am so sorry and sad for you. I hope you can take time to heal and hopefully try again. It is not an easy road for a lot of us and i've never experience a mc so i can't pretend to know the pain. I hope you check back with us and give us updates an how you are coping. You are part of this thread, pg or not.

Dis - good news on the scan!

Klein- i have my sheet at home but i remember seeing something on there that was safe. I'll get back to you.

Thanks Dis. That is what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

2 more sleeps for me til scan day! :dance:
The weeks are really speeding up now, can't believe I'm nearly halfway there.

I've got a tough week coming up at work - there's a lot of shit going on that I really don't have the energy (or inclination) to deal with.
I'm meeting with HR tomorrow and am going to find out my options - then have a couple of meetings with my manager next week ... if I think things are salvageable then I will stick to plan A (mat leave from week 37, but A/L from wk 32 - which would mean I would be leaving back end of August)
or plan B (mat leave from week 29, and A/L from 29th May)

I really want to save my mat leave for later, so I get plenty of time with Eenie at home, but I'm not going to put myself through what other managers have gone through with our boss
watch this space!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->