LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

I like wearing the things that make me look extra pregnant too! - horizontal stripes are the best :D

There's so much going on! I love reading about the different points we're all at.

Sarah - So cool that you're already 20 weeks. I'm almost 13 weeks, can't wait to get to 20w for the big ultrasound.

Marie - I can't believe you were so good at keeping it quiet for so long! I couldn't do it, I told my 2 best friends early, then my family at 8 weeks. Glad your two little ones are doing OK.

Urchin- Congrats on the baby girl!!

Care - I saw the belly bands on Amazon. I got one a couple of weeks ago and I love it, my pants fit fine everywhere else, but they can't zip or button and this is the perfect item.

Mrs. Bear - Taking care of your nutritional needs (for 3 people) sounds like a full time job!

Klein - Hope you get some relief and can enjoy the shower.

Take care everyone!

So, I have a son who is almost 13 yo and a daughter who is 7 yo. We all went to bed last night and everything was good. I was awaken by hearing my son call for me 'mom' then a few sec later 'mom'. DH asked what was wrong and I told him Taylor was calling for me. I expected to see him standing outside my door, he wasn't there. I looked in his room and he is sound asleep. Checked in on DD and she is sound asleep. I'm looking around the house puzzled, I go back to the bedroom only to hear the 'mom' again. Now that I am awake I can tell it's coming from the TV. OMG, one of those TV preachers had a baby lamb in his arms and every 5-10 sec it would call out 'baaa' which does sound like a 'mom' to me, being asleep, in the middle of the night. Totally funny!
UGH, apparently my Harry Potter marathon weekend ended sometime after I went to bed and the lamb preaching came on. Made me so mad!!!!

I made it to the shower and I have found a new technique for dealing with a bad hemorrhoid! I will share later when I have more time lol!

I wear thongs, yes butt floss. I have 2 pairs of what I call 'full butted underwear' that were left over from after I had DD almost 8 years ago lol. Anyway, of couse you can imagine that thongs and hemorrhoids don't mix.

I discovered that I can put a pretty big long pad in the thong and slide it all the way back. Then coat the pad and said hemorrhoid with preperation h. When I say coat, the key is to getting it really coated so that it sort of gels up like a diaper lol and is really soft and squishy :) I guess you can tell that the hemorrhoid is no longer rubbing against anything hard just something soft and squishy. I know it sounds gross but I was dying and this allows me to walk and sit with some comfort!

thats a great idea klein :thumbup: I used to soak a paper towel in cold water and lay with it between my legs!! the cold would feel soooooo good. oh I feel so bad for you having this problem :hugs:
and LOL to your story, that would be freaky!!

Klein - LOL, sounds like you had your own Poltergeist moment with your kid calling you from the TV. At least there was a source and it wasn't a freaky ghost moment :argh:. Great idea to address your hemorrhoid issues - whatever works right? :thumbup:

Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA.

Friday morning as I was rushing to leave the house for work I had a topple down the stairs. I hurt my head and hit the side of my lower abdomen (right side, which is right where my placenta is) on the corner of a step. We were quite frightened and spent the entire day/ evening at the hospital. You would think a hospital would treat a pregnant woman's fall more seriously, but we got to the hospital at 10am and didn't have an ultrasound until 5pm ish. On top of that, they wouldn't let DH in the ultrasound room and the tech was so cold. I couldn't see the screen and she just started taking pictures... I asked her if everything was okay, and she said she can't tell me anything I have to wait for the doctor to give me the report. I started really freaking out at that point, as I assumed if everything was okay, the tech would definitely have at least said "don't worry". Anyways, I had to then wait another 2 hours for the doctor to finally tell me that everything looks okay - that there are no signs of any damage to baby or placenta. I can't tell you how relieved I am.

Its been a pretty rough week altogether for me. My older sister is best friends with my close friend's sister. My sister and mom were the only ones that know of us doing IVF, not that I'm ashamed but its a personal thing that I want to be able to choose who we share with. Anywho, I was out with friends on Thursday, when my friend says, your sister told mine that you had IVF, thats not true is it? I said there must be a misunderstanding, but needless to say, my sister and I are no longer speaking. She doesn't think she has done anything wrong.

Enough about me - Urchin, congrats on team pink! So thrilled for you!!!
Klein - hope things get better!

Lots of love to everyone else!

Oh Dis! I am happy baby is ok. You would think and unborn baby's life is important enough to rush you in, but I guess not. :nope: How is your head?

Klein, that sounds like it would have freaked me right out! Creepy. And :haha: at the hemorrhoid remedy. At least you found some relief.

I have been busy working. I was asked for product donations for an event this coming weekend and I wasn't given much notice. I really want to do something, but I don't have any tiny packaging for items for gift bags. So I have been looking for something fast that I can use. I have been designing tiny labels so if I can find enough I will be almost ready last minute. I really wish I had a couple more weeks notice because I have these awesome sample size sprayers on order that would be perfect for bug spray or healing oil. Oh well.

And my bump has popped out quite a bit the past few days. In the same time I have felt bubs moving around at times. Mostly in the morning as soon as I open my eyes, but last night I felt the flips late before bed. :happydance: Tomorrow is the big day. Hopefully we will find out how great bubs is doing and the gender as well! I am nervous though. More anxious I guess.

Teta, your scan is tomorrow too, right? Or did it change?

Dis - i'm trying to sort that same issue out myself with who knows it is ivf. I'm ok with close family and friends knowing but there's no way to know for sure who they are telling. I plan to tell co- workers & anyone else i was on fertility meds if they ask. The problem with twins i'm realizing is after "congratulations" is said, it is followed with "was it natural" which is so private & insensitive. I'm worried at the baby shower when all interact, my secret will be out and i will be so upset. I may try to do damage control, but like your sister, some people don't get how personal it is and it may not help. I would be upset with your sister too but hopefully she'll come around & apologize

Klein - glad you found a solution to the problem. I'm wearing a pad now too. I think my problem is that my pants are so tight on me that i get irritated there too so it helps protect the area. I haven't had one yet this pg but i'm being proactive bc i know they are so common.

They are plums today!!!

Dis3tnd, I can't imagine how frustrating and scary Friday was for you. Glad to hear you are both OK.

I had the special NT ultrasound yesterday. It's so great to see reassurance that it's growing OK and the heartbeat is strong. They said everything looks normal. Today I'm 13w, can't believe that if everything goes well in 6 months we'll meet our baby.

I'm up 5 pounds from my BFP, but definitely not showing yet (except to me and DH). Just look like I've had too many muffins. :growlmad:

Dis - So glad to hear everything is ok :hugs: I don't know if it is a rule with hospitals or what but when I had my hospital u/s with the OHSS they wouldn't let DH in either. And to make you wait another two hours after that for an answer is ridiculous :growlmad:

So sorry your sister outed you :grr: It is definitely a personal decision who you tell and what you tell. I'm not embarrassed to have done IVF but I also don't tell everyone that is what we did. Usually the most I will say is that we used fertility meds but it depends on the person. Some strangers I will say it was IVF and some people I see all the time I will just say we used meds. It just depends on the person and situation :shrug:. Regardless it is definitely not your sisters place to tell, or her friends place to spread the news to her sister (your friend) who then decides to confront you with it in front of other people. You have every right to be upset. I'm sure your sister wouldn't like it if you told everyone you knew about what her vagina has been up to either...

Care - good luck for your scan tomorrow, FX you can tell which team you are on :thumbup:

Marie - I would hope your shower would be about you and the babies and not about how you got there. At other showers no one discusses how often they had sex after all. If you are concerned, maybe put it out there to those that do know that it is not a topic for shower discussion :shrug:

Sienna - at least you know your bump is from baking a muffin not eating them :munch:

Urch congrats on your little girl. I was like you with dd, would have bet my life she was a he, but shes a she and i couldnt picture it any other way now! Im convinced this one is a boy too. We will know in 21 weeks!

Dis that Is so scary, I'm so glad everything is ok!

Care, so excited my scan is tomorrow too. Very nervous and anxious, just want it to be here so that I can finally feel like this is all for real!!

cheers teta - just shows how wrong that gut feeling can be!

Mt hospital has a rule that only 2 people are allowed in the u/s room (not sure if the woman being scanned counts as one of those!) But I would hate it if Mr Urch wasn't allowed in.
On all of our scans the sonographer has chatted to us all the way through - and told us that everything looks ok ... like you, I would be very scared if they refused to say anything at all Dis xx

Thanks for all the support ladies!

Good luck to the scans today Care and Teta! I don't know how you can stand team yellow Teta! My scan is coming up, can't wait!!

Well, our baby is pretty modest and didn't want to spread the legs too much. :haha: But, the tech looked for a very long time at all different angles and she thinks it's a GIRL! I will post a pic later as I don't have it scanned yet.

And most importantly she said everything looks good too! :cloud9:

OK I am going to try to upload a pic off my phone. The cord was low so that is why the tech wasn't 100% sure. She said there is a very small chance something could be hiding behind it. But we couldn't see any sacs or anything so chances are she's a she. :happydance:

The tech also wasn't supposed to say anything about the heart, spine, kidneys, etc, but when I asked she said "I wouldn't worry if I were you" with a big smile. Baby (Aria :cloud9: ) is over 11 oz! I feel so much more relieved after seeing her moving and kicking her legs. She kept waving too. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Attachments

• 2012-05-23 10.48.12.jpg
    2012-05-23 10.48.12.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 6
Yay for team pink! :pink: Glad everything is looking good :thumbup:

omg care Im just so so happy for you! will you get another scan or is that it? I dont have anymore, and hubby wont let me do a 3d one but im tempted to pay for another regular one as I miss my boy.

dis I would be pissed too, im the same...told my close family and friends but its not something im telling everyone. I asked my MIL if she told people as she likes to blab but she said 'no, thats no-ones business'. In some ways I want to tell everyone and have assisted fertility more known, but i just want to keep private. some people Ive said 'we had some help' but thats it, no details. sorry you had to go to hospital and have a mean tech!

teta will yours be a boy or another girl, cant wait for your update

Yay for a girl Care! So happy for you! I think knowing the gender makes it all so much more real for those of us who have been waiting for this endlessly, and can't believe our time has finally come!

YAY Care!!! Will you go back to confirm the lady parts??

So everything went well with me, I think... the ultrasound tech didn't say much and when I asked when I would hear how everything looked, she said your OB will get the report in a few days. I said what if something were wrong? she said well then you would hear from them today. So hopefully that means my OB will just be getting the report in a few days.....

We didn't find out, and remain team yellow. She did tell us to look away when looking at the legs so of course I think that means its a boy. DH said I thought the same thing last time too, and I was very wrong :blush:

So hopefully no news is good!

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 7
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics