LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

I went and checked them out, so cute!!!

I wanted to let you ladies know that Albeebaby.com has a huge sale on. They have the Britax B-ready stroller for $398 and you get to pick either the bassinet, car seat, or jumper seat for free. Unfortunately in Canada we cannot use the car seat, but the bassinet would be good. They always have good deals on discontinued items too. I got my double stroller there for a super deal a few years ago.

Tomorrow morning I am going to the US to visit family and for my shower. Between my legs/feet and my sciatica (which I guess could be something else that feels like sciatica, but it REALLY feels like sciatica) I am dreading the 4 hour car ride. But seeing my dad and step-mom, sisters, nieces and nephews, cousins, etc... makes it all worth it.

Dis-Loved your pics. They are awesome!

Care-Hope the ride is an easy one for you. Hope you have a great shower and get lots of awesome gifts!!!

My dr appt was great yesterday. I met the doc I choose. He is great. I was very pleased with my decision on chooseing him and the doctors office based off of online reviews and you tube interviews lol! The office was great. The ultrasound was a bit disappointing with the 2d. Looking back, our 13w u/s was 3d. I didn't think anything about it at the time but seeing one in 2d now and comparing it to the 3d then really sucks lol. The baby looked great and we are still on TEAM YELLOW!!! Baby Klein measured 5 days ahead and was swallowing and moving around. The baby for sure has DH's feet! So either it will be a boy or a poor little girl with her daddy's ugly feet lol!

Ah, not alot of activity here lately. Everyone doing ok? Are we all just busy these days lol?!

Hi Klein! Has been quiet hasn't it!

I'm just sooo looking forward to the weekend - with my swollen feet and nausea I just want to lay back with my feet up this weekend!

I ordered my crib yesterday, as well as the wall decals. Once the decals come in we'll decide what colour to paint the walls. The plan is a shade of green for 3 walls that match the decals, and the wall with the decal jungle scene will be white. Crib is brown and white, bedding is a simple brown and white stripe from pottery barn. Very exciting to have decided on some items!

Congrats on staying team yellow! Sorry about the 2D scan, but just gives you a reason to go get another one!

klein I have size 10 US feet so I feel for your baby if a girl!! but its not too bad, you can definitely get nice shoes in larger sizes now just have to go early!!

Im 27 weeks, so I guess Im 3rd trimester now??!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

I was annoyed this week though, my midwife was telling me about counting kicks after 28 weeks, as 'IVF babies and women your age do have a higher incidence of losses'. :cry: I was just finally getting to think that this is actually happening and she went and said that :grr:

a couple in my hypnobirthing class had their baby at 26 weeks last week, and he is doing great. apparently her placenta starting to detatch and she was bleeding. he was 2 lbs I think, but doing fine, just will be in the nicu for months. I just cant imagine and hoping the instructor shows us photos next week as thats what my bub would look like now.

Dis-That's great you've done some ordering! It's so exciting as it becomes more real!

Sarah-Whoo Hoo! Omg your so right! 3rd Trimester! Wow.
As for the midwife raining on your parade. I wouldn't let it bring you down. Count your kicks and don't worry about it!
That's so crazy that someone in your birthing class had their baby. So glad the baby is doing well though.

Got carpet appointment to be put down on Monday or Tuesday. That's a plus. Ready to get everything started!

I'm reading but not posting much these days. Glad everyone is doing well and sounds like a lot of the nurseries are coming together. I'm still deciding whether to paint the nursery or leave it the color it is. Still have time to decide though since the cribs I was planning on are out of stock right now :dohh:

Sarah - Yay for 3rd tri! :yipee: I can't believe she said that to you! Where did she come up with that stat anyway?? I've never heard of increased 3rd tri losses with IVF. I wouldn't put too much stake in that comment. :hugs:

mrs bear Ive NEVER heard of IVF babies having more losses either, she mentioned that on my first apt too. she is very nice and i know she is saying it for me to be mindful, but its still not nice to hear. my age I would think would have more risk than the IVF part. but even at my age Im sure the statistics of 3rd trimester losses must be very low and people have losses regardless of age so I wonder if there really are more in 3rd tri for older mums (1st tri Im sure theres more, because of chromosomal problems with older eggs, but surely not now). anyway I didnt take much notice :dohh:

Sarah - i just looked that up in my pregnancy books and it says there is no significant difference in mc in ivf vs natural with most losses occuring within the 1st 8 weeks of pg. Age & weight are a factor but early on like you said. I hate when people don't have their facts right. An embryo is an embryo no matter how it was formed.

On an unrelated note but also a rant, i've been told by probably more than 20 people (some more than once) how having a cat is going to make me lose my babies. My dr told me during the small window of time my cat could possibly secrete the toxoplasm bacteria in its feces, i would have to somehow get it into my bloodstream. Also, my dr said the fetus is rarely vulnerable after the 1st trimester. So since i'm not planning on eating anything out of the litter box, i think i will be ok. I have to defend my decision to acquire a cat on a daily basis. Maybe it's the hormones but people are really getting on my nerves lately!

Sarah - I can see first tri just because everyone's risk is higher. Even third tri with high order multiples. But just to claim it is a general risk due to age and ivf? crazy...

Marie - The only thing I have ever heard is not to change the litter box yourself. Other than that you should be fine. Gotta love 'helpful' people :dohh:

marie I have 3 cats, only my mother in law has said something. Ive read that having cats Ive probably become immune to that tox-whateveritscalled but I still had hubby change the litter once we were TTCing. I suppose as your cat is new you might not be immune, but the risks are so small. thats so annoying that you have to defend yourself, grrrrrrrrr :growlmad:

Dis- Your pics are beautiful.

Klein - Glad you liked your new OB.

Sarah- Yay for being in the 3rd trimester! I like having people on this list that are further along than I am.

Marie- Are you ready for your scan this week? I can't wait until Tuesday for my 20w scan, counting down the days!!

Finally ordered my cribs! I'm official now :haha:

https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=15052218

Now just need to actually clear out the nursery so DH has space to put them together...

So my fingers are now too fat for my rings. I knew I should have taken them off earlier. I spent an hour using every method out there and still no luck :( My finger still hurts from all the trying yesterday. I guess I have to get them cut off....

So my fingers are now too fat for my rings. I knew I should have taken them off earlier. I spent an hour using every method out there and still no luck :( My finger still hurts from all the trying yesterday. I guess I have to get them cut off....

try putting your hand in ice water to help constrict the blood vessels and see if you can slip them off. I haven't worn my 'real' rings in ages. I had a cheap silver band I was wearing but now it is too small too :dohh:

Just found out we are having 2 girls! Busy making calls tonight but will catch up soon!

Marie - You must be so excited! Can't wait to hear more about how your appointment went. Congratulations!!!

I stopped wearing my ring about a week ago. I'm waking up with swollen fingers and can't bother it.

Mrs Bear-Its great you got your cribs ordered! Congrats! It does make it more real! My poor dh hates assembling anything. He's going to be so disappointed in all the its that need assembling lol!

Marie-ah!!! Team pink!!! So excited for you. Let the shopping begin!

Dis-ugh, that stinks about your rings. I'd wait a few days for the swelling from trying to force them off goes down and then try mrs. Bears method. Maybe you can get them off. ((hugs))

Afm- carpet in ds's room is laid and we have started moving him in. It's great. I spoke to the lady that painted dr's nursery and she can paint this baby's nursery and ds's graffiti on his room. I will so post pics after we get his room and nursery finished. I have a feeling I am goin to be proud to show them off lol.
Apparently I have developed a yeast infection! :( I called the doc and they want me to try some over the counter something before giving me an antibiotic for it. Which is fine, i'm just spoiled and used to the pill verses the yucky creams lol.
That's about it for me these days I guess. I'm counting down the weeks til v-day and 3rd trimester. Seems like they can't get here soon enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->