LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Ay up my lovelies!

Just back from Belfast and catching up on you all - it was good to be away, but had quite a 'mixed' time ... full rant is in my journal if anyone can be arsed!

But I've come back all third tri-ish and double figuresy which is fab!

Speaking of journals, Dis I just found yours and the scan pics are ace :thumbup:

MrsB - loving the cribs hon - can't wait to see pics of the nursery :hugs:

I was annoyed this week though, my midwife was telling me about counting kicks after 28 weeks, as 'IVF babies and women your age do have a higher incidence of losses'. :cry: I was just finally getting to think that this is actually happening and she went and said that :grr:

Sarah - I've never heard of that either :nope:
as far as I know the chances of an IVF baby making it are the same as for any other baby. I can understand how early losses might be slightly higher for IVFers with older eggs - but not 3rd tri!

Just found out we are having 2 girls! Busy making calls tonight but will catch up soon!

Woo hoo Marie! :happydance:
go team pink!

Congrats on third-tri Urchin - so exciting!

Marie - team pink! How wonderful to have two girls! Lovely!

Sarah - as I've been frustrated with my ring and finger, I remembered about your incident with the dogs. How has the healing been going? Any solutions?

AFM - no method is going to work on this ring. I have tried everything. This is what it looks like:

Attachments

• 20120709_154745.jpg
    20120709_154745.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi ladies I would like to join!!! I was on an IVF thread and at this point I feel out of place since I have gotten my BFP!!! DH and I have been ttc since October. I have PCOS, so I knew that was going to be an issue but little that we know that DH had poor motility and VERY POOR morphology...only 2%. After 5 rounds of clomid and 2 failed IUI's or OB referred us to a RE and there we were told we would only be able to conceive via IVF. Thankfully on our first IVF we got our BFP and we are now having twins!!! I will be 10 weeks tomorrow and we are due Feb 5. I know I'm not Autumn or Winter 2012 but I was hoping I could still jump on here

Dis - hope u can get the rings off. What a horrible feeling. I take mine off everyday to sleep so when i can't get them on in the am, that will be it.

Klein - so excited the room is coming along. Now that we have 2 girls, we don't have to paint. The room is pink & white already.

Sienna - GL today!

Scan went great yesterday. Babies are 10.1 oz so a little bigger than avg. i am up 12 pounds now which they said is good. Apparently my membrane, cervix & placenta are optimal. Of course dh is thrilled as he was hoping for 2 girls. I think it is great too.

urchin I read your journal last night, I do think the MIL relationship is hard....I have my own issues with mine. Can your hubby talk to her? I always feel its the hubbies responsibility as its his mother. But sometimes my hubby doesnt get why Im so annoyed at what she says, it goes over his head. however I do have to say I ate lots of sweets & chocolate all my childhood and only have 1 filling!! so its not always terrible but the point is more that she should respect your wishes.

dis omg you are so swollen!! my ring finger is ok so far but Im sure I will need to take them off at some point. and thanks for asking about my finger, its healed quite well, and theres even a lil nail growing at the top! the doctor said he has never seen that so I said see thats what happens when you pray for a nail. but it does not look nice...its a thick damaged nail and looks odd at the top of the finger. but Im hoping it grows a bit and Im able to perhaps have some gel put on to fake a nail oneday. it makes me feel less deformed having something there rather than a stump. I still have flashbacks about the horrible accident :cry:

marie44 how wonderful, so happy for you guys :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
the girls have pulled ahead I think!!

haj624 welcome, of course you can join in as its hard to fit in other threads when people havent struggled. we all definitely struggled and are so happy to be growing our miracles!! I remember seeing your cute avatar photo on the boards, how exciting for you!! :hugs:

ouch Dis - that looks pinchy :((

haj - of course you can ... welcome to the club and big congrats on your bfp :dance:

good news indeed Marie xx

Welcome haj!

Anyone have their gestational diabetes test coming up? I have to do mine at some point between 26 and 28 weeks - thinking I will probably go on Saturday... quite worried about it!

dis I forgot to mention I had it yesterday! the drink tasted fine, just like a sports drink, but I did feel quite bad after....dizzy and nauseous. quite a few people fail the first test and have to go for the next stage so im nervous too.

Marie, woohoo TEAM PINK!!!! :happydance: That is so sweet.

Dis, I am so sorry you are having swelling real bad too. I know somebody else that had to get her ring cut off already. :( I took mine off during ivf because I was so bloated. I had a feeling I would have the same thing in pregnancy so I kept them off.

Sarah and Dis, I go for my GD test next monday. I am not looking forward to the sugar. I know I will get sick. I get sick if I eat fruit in the morning. Sarah, did you have to fast before hand? I also have my Rhogam shot that day, and I can't remember what I was told!

Welcome haj!!!!! How exciting for you!

Dis - just saw the pic & i would get it cut off asap. It can cause a lot of real damage by waiting, nerve damage i think. A guy at my work hurt his finger this year & his ring was stuck like yours. The hospital said it could have been really bad if he waited & might lose feeling in his finger. Not to scare you but please get it checked out or call your dr.

Haj - welcome! So exciting to have another set of twins on here.

care for the first test I didnt have to fast, if I have to do the next test I think thats a fasting one. I felt so woozy, she said not to throw up as I would have to take again another day. After I had drunk the drink I went and lay down in my car for the hour then went back for the bloods. she allowed me to sip a bit of water for the hour but no food or drink. if you get sick from just fruit then prepare to go lie down, as this is a huge amount of glucose at once.

it was so funny, hubby was annoyed that the drink had artificial orange colour in it...he was like why would they add that to a medical test drink. i suppose its to make it look more palatable, but it was bright bright orange!

Urch-So glad to have you back and in 3rd tri and double digits! That's awesome! I think I will pop over and do some reading in your journal later :)

Dis-Your poor finger looks horrible. I hate to say it but it looks like its time for medical attention :( So sorry!

Haj-So fab you got your BFP! With twins too!!! Double FAB! I know your so thrilled!!! Great to have you aboard :)

Marie-Thanks, the room is coming along nicely! I'm just excited to be getting things done :) So glad your scan went well. That's awesome you don't have to paint! I dread painting the nursery.

My GD test is coming up at next dr appt. I'll be 25 weeks then. I dread it. With my other pregnancies I haven't gotten sick or anything but I'm not fond of the drink. The previous drinks are similiar to an orange carbonated drink. It's ok but gah it's hard to drink when you are being forced to do it. They also gave me a list of foods to eat and not eat before the test.

Hi ladies!

I just got back from my 20w scan. The very first image that came up was like taking a picture of someone's lower body in a swimming pool. There's no doubt about it, there's a stump there. We're having a boy! I had a feeling it was a boy since early on and had a dream last night with my future self coming back to tell me I should have decorated for a boy room right away. My husband did not guess, but before the appt he said he kind of wished it was a girl.

Marie, you're doing so well on weight! I am only 1 week ahead of you with 1 baby and I've gained 15 pounds. I've never seen this kind of number on the scale. My bump is still relatively small, the weight has just gone to my thighs more than anything. The baby measured 21 weeks.

Just yesterday my DH actually said he feels terrible because he's not losing weight!!!!! He exercises like crazy, but I think he doesn't lose weight because he eats too many carbs. I told him he had to shut up and never talk about how sad he was at his weight. I'm up 15 and have a lot more to go!

I did have the GD 1-hour test early since I'm high risk for it due to family history. Luckily it was normal. They offered me a lemon-lime flavor which wasn't too bad.

Haj, welcome to the group!

Welcome Haj :wave:

Dis - sad to say I don't think you are going to be able to get those rings off yourself, I agree with Klein that it is probably time to get medical attention.

Sienna - congrats on team blue! :blue:

Urch - sorry the trip had drama :hugs: but yay for third tri! :happydance:

Sarah - I have my 1 hour test on Thursday. My last appt the high risk doctor pretty much said to expect to fail. Between twins, age and family history I have the odds stacked against me. So I've been indulging a bit to get all the 'good stuff' before my diet gets restricted :munch:

care for the first test I didnt have to fast, if I have to do the next test I think thats a fasting one. I felt so woozy, she said not to throw up as I would have to take again another day. After I had drunk the drink I went and lay down in my car for the hour then went back for the bloods. she allowed me to sip a bit of water for the hour but no food or drink. if you get sick from just fruit then prepare to go lie down, as this is a huge amount of glucose at once.

it was so funny, hubby was annoyed that the drink had artificial orange colour in it...he was like why would they add that to a medical test drink. i suppose its to make it look more palatable, but it was bright bright orange!
ROFL, I should meet your DH. I was really pissed about that. I have allergies to artificial additives and I get migraines. So besides the sugar I have to worry about the sh!t I am putting in my body. It really ticks me off.

Hi all! :wave: I have so much catching up to do, we were away last week for the holiday and just getting back into the routine! I had my 1 hr glucose at 24 weeks and passed. I'm definitely the only weirdo I know that loves the drink. With DD I failed and had to do the 3 hr, that was rough. But I passed that. Thank god I don't have to do it again. They drew a bunch of labs and discovered I'm anemic, so now I'm on iron supplements. Oh and my urine sample showed I have a UTI :dohh: so I'm on antibiotics too, even though I have my symptoms. I know this is a boy bc of all of the trouble "he" is causing! DD pregnancy was as smooth as can be!

I'm jealous of everyone finding out. I'm so tempted sometimes, but hold of remember how great of a surprise it was last time. Marie congrats on your little girls!! :hugs:

Dis you have to get those rings taken care of! That's so crazy Im so sorry that happened to you! See, the boys causing problems! :haha:

Cheers klein! It is good to be back for sure ... though I have had a good time away. The good thing is that we stay at a flat while we are there, rather than his mum's house - so when it all gets too much we can retreat up there for a bit of a break :thumbup:

I'm hoping that I escape the GTT - but at my last appointment the midwife found sugar in my wee, so I might be heading for it :(
I'm hoping its because I had eaten 2 ice-creams! The midwife said to eat nothing at all sweet before my next appointment at the hospital on Friday, so that they can get a true picture.

That is awesome that you had such a great time Urch! Now it's back to the grind eh?

Teta, glad you had a nice holiday! I hope you relaxed while away.

I got back on monday night from the US. It was nice to see my family, but I will miss them. The day of my shower my feet, ankles, legs were crazy with swelling. Then all weekend (but not as bad). It actually hurt to walk. For some reason my ankles felt like they were doing to snap. Maybe it is this crazy heat/humidity? Although, I was in air conditioning the whole time unless I was in the pool.

Our god child Jocelyn came home with me and is staying for the week. I am trying to do things, but walking around is hard because of my legs/feet.

Does anybody know if compression stockings are supposed to put your feet to sleep when walking around? I put them on first thing before getting out of bed (it was so hard to get them on with my belly and my swollen feet, not bad swollen though). When I lay down and put my feet up the tingling in my feet starts to go away.

Here's a picture I took to send to my DH while in the car. I should have taken a pic after the shower. I guess it is kind of hard to tell since you don't know me, but for me my calves, ankles, and feet are crazy big. Those flip flops are my beach/boat flip flops and super old and stretched out, but the only shoes that fit and even they are tight. I have tried on so many shoes but I just can't find any that fit the top part of my foot because it is so fat. My feet giggle when I shake them, lol. It looks so weird.

Attachments

• 2012-07-09 17.56.44.jpg
    2012-07-09 17.56.44.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 5
Care - I don't remember my feet getting tingly like they were falling asleep in the compression stockings. Maybe ask your OB. Could be a sign to go up a size. Sorry you are so swollen. I've seen a lot of increased swelling with the heat these days and mostly can only wear flip flops too. I figure if it gets any worse I will be wearing DHs flip flops by the end :dohh:

Ahhh care your feet!!! That's so crazy, I would def check with the dr to see what you can do! Are you very uncomfortable? I haven't had any swelling yet, knock on wood. Well besides for the 6 lbs of swell on the scale every time I have another dr visit :haha: that's just ice cream though, not fluid :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->