LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

teta, I am not too uncomfortable unless I have been sitting a lot or standing. Walking is better, but when they get really swollen it is hard to walk. I hear you on ice cream, lol. I just made an ice cream cake for Jocelyn to eat during her stay here. It was a bit too sweet for me though (probably a good thing).

MrsB, I don't know if I bigger size would help because there fall down and pool around my ankles and it seems to be worse. but I tried a smaller size and I can't get them on at all, way too tight. I just took them off and I will go put my feet up high. I was thinking of laying in a zero gravity chair with pillows under my feet.

Happy 10 weeks to me!!! So yesterday I went in for my 10 week sono and the doctor said both babies look great and had strong heartbeats. It was the first time I did a tummy sono and I had expressed a concern that the past 2 sonos the babies were measuring a few days behind. he said with the tummy sono at 10 weeks it wasn't super clear but he's give it a go. he said they were measuring 4 days behind but not to worry it was perfectly normal....of course im still worrying. Anyone have their baby measure behind in u/s?

haj - babies measure behind all the time on early u/s. It is so hard to get an accurate measurement that early. As long as they are within a week I wouldn't worry about it.

Care - definitely get those feet up!

haj, I have heard of a lot of women who had their babies measure a week or more behind early on and had no problems. it is really hard to measure at that point. CONGRATS on 10 weeks!!!

MrsB, have my feet up and I am watching A Baby Story. :)

Here's my take on it Haj ...
The measurement they give you sounds like a measurement of time, when it is actually a measurement of length.
What they are actually saying is 'these babies are measuring the same length as the average baby at 9wks 3 days' or whatever.
But we all know that people are different sizes, and have growth spurts at different times, so why an unborn baby would be any different is beyond me :shrug:

Put that together with the fact that the difference between 9wks 3 days and 10 wks is probably a fraction of a millimeter - and they are measuring it off a screen and well, as Mrs B says, anything less than a week out you can completely ignore

My nephew measured 2wks 'behind' at his 12 wk scan, but by 20 wks he was all caught up nicely :thumbup:

care ouch your feet look soooo swollen, you poor thing :hugs:

haj624 like the others say Ive heard its very common for measurements to be smaller/larger in the first 12 weeks so try not to worry too much.

I miss a call on my cell and it was my MW with glucose test results and said to call but they are closed now....Im assuming I failed :dohh: then Im thinking they dont usually phone on my cell so perhaps the results were really bad! I was expecting to fail the first test as I felt so bad and so many people fail, hope I dont fail the next :nope:

Sarah - hope everything is fine. I hate missing those calls.

Haj - i'm sure they are fine but drink lots of milk & make sure you are taking 150% calcium, folic acid & iron since there are 2. They didn't tell me that until 12 wks which annoyed me.

Care - sorry you have yet another symptom. I would call the dr & see if they can give u anything for the swelling.

Mrs.bear - hope u don't have to go on a strict diet :(

Teta & urch - welcome back!

Sienna - i try not to worry about the # on the scale but just try not to eat too much bad food. My hunger really went into overdrive last week & i was eating everything in sight for a few days. Our babies are measuring good, so we must be on the right track.

AFM - felt baby b kick finally yesterday. It is so exciting. They were kicking each other during the sg so i'm sure there'll be lots of action!

marie and haj - my RE put me on 2000mg total of folic with my twins (2.5 times the prenatal standard). They had me up calcium too and I'm on iron supplements twice a day.

marie - you will really start feeling them over the next couple of weeks :thumbup:

sarah - fx she was calling to tell you you passed :thumbup:

side note - they really need a fx emoticon...

mrs bear Im not so sure, it was the way they said 'to discuss the results with you'. when I passed the screening with 1 in 95,000 chance of downs they left that news on voicemail. Im preparing for the worst!!

Thanks Marie - it's good to be back :D
unfortunately so is my insomnia :(

It's definitely work related - I don't seem to have a problem on days off!

Sarah, I do know that a lot of people fail the first and pass the second test for GD. Maybe you were borderline and they just want you to be aware. FX you are clear!

Urch, sorry about the insomnia. Isn't that always they way? I always want to sleep the days I have to get up early and can't sleep in the days I can. I don't have insomnia though. Just regular trips to the bathroom or I wake up because I am uncomfortable.

Marie, yay for baby kicks! It is so cool. Although I may not be saying that in another month.

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. I worry about everything...and google is my downfall.

We all worry haj, unfortunately those of us that struggle to get here have such a hard time appreciating and enjoying our pregnancies.... I still worry at 26 weeks if baby is kicking enough etc... and use my doppler a lot!

Sarah - hope you get results soon and all is clear!

Care - what horrible horrible swelling! I know exactly how you feel as my feet look like that most days.

AFM - went shopping after work to find an outfit for my baby shower on Sunday. I find I can't be on my feet for more than an hour. Three hours of shopping and my legs were shaking under the pressure - I then couldn't sleep all night because my knees and ankles are still soo sore. They are killing me. I guess all the pain weakened my immune system as well, and I woke up with a cold this morning!

We all worry haj, unfortunately those of us that struggle to get here have such a hard time appreciating and enjoying our pregnancies.... I still worry at 26 weeks if baby is kicking enough etc... and use my doppler a lot!

Sarah - hope you get results soon and all is clear!

Care - what horrible horrible swelling! I know exactly how you feel as my feet look like that most days.

AFM - went shopping after work to find an outfit for my baby shower on Sunday. I find I can't be on my feet for more than an hour. Three hours of shopping and my legs were shaking under the pressure - I then couldn't sleep all night because my knees and ankles are still soo sore. They are killing me. I guess all the pain weakened my immune system as well, and I woke up with a cold this morning!

Haha I don't know if a doppler would be a terrible thing for me...it may ease my fears sometimes, but if i dont hear something correctly or whatever there is a very good chance ill have heart failure:wacko:

Feel Better!!!

Sarah did you hear about your results yet? I really think I hear of more people failing the 1 hour than not! I was shocked I didn't fail this time. Last time I failed by 1 pt (it had to be less than 135 and I was 136) and I begged them not to make me do the 3 hour. Fingers grossed that you won't. The sitting there was the worst part. My office won't let you leave, even to go to the car! But most people who fail the 1 hr pass the 3 hr with flying colors! It's just a screening so they catch those "at risk" along with many others. There must be a better way!!

I love the kicks too care & marie ... it's just lovely feeling her wriggling around in there :cloud9:

My news is that I have my 28 wk scan tomorrow - from now on i will be scanned every 3 weeks as they want to keep an eye on my fibroid and placenta.
i also have to try to remember not to eat anything sweet so they can get an accurate picture of the glucose in my urine ... hoping it's clear

sorry you're not feeling so good Dis - hope you shrug it off quickly xxx

Dis - I'm the same way, my max time to be out and about is an hour to an hour and a half before I have to lie down for a while (or at least rest).

AFM - failed the 1 hour glucose as expected. Wasn't awful, the number I saw her write down was in the 140s, so I guess there is a chance I will pass the 3 hour. I'm anticipating failing though so plan to spend the next week before the 3 hour test indulging in the good stuff before I have to stop :pizza::munch::icecream:

Cervix holding steady at 3.7 or so, so that is good news. For those that don't follow my journal, that is extra good news right now since DH might be getting sent out of state from 29-33.5 weeks to help another unit with training. NOT happy about that at all so keeping everything crossed that the babies don't come early and he is back in time :nope:

so I did fail the test and going back monday to do the fasting one :growlmad:
she said low 7's is a pass and I was an 8, diabetes is a 10. im closer to low 7's than a 10, so hopefully I will pass the longer one. everywhere online is a result of 140 or more or less, so not sure what an 8 really means!
I agree teta, so many people fail the 1 hr, Im sure its about 50%. but I suppose thats 50% who dont have to do the 3 hr test so thats why they do it that way rather than going straight to the accurate test for everyone. but too bad they dont have a better initial test.

Sarah that stinks, good luck on the redo Monday. I don't know what that number means either, that's a bit strange!

Haj-I think it's hard for us to relax. If I figure out a way to do it, I'll share for sure lol!

Mrs B-Good luck with your retest. So sorry Dh has to go away for a while. I'm sure you'll hold out til he gets back. Try not to worry too much about it. ((hugs))

Urch-Yay for 28 week scan lol. Take those 3 weekers and enjoy lol.

Dis-So sorry your feel are giving you issues and swelling. My heel is still hurting really bad. Today more than others, I guess I stood too long or something. Gah, feet pain really sucks. You don't realize it until they start to bother you and then it's like man! That hurts!

AFM-
Just stopping in for a sec to say hi. I've been super busy these last few days w/ ds's room and just life I suppose lol. The lady that is painting his room is doing an amazing job so far! Can't wait to post pics

I am so sick of the dang rain. It has rained here for a solid week and a few more days to come. I have no idea how many inches we have got but its been alot! Where is my sunshine???

I am sorry MrsB and Sarah that you need to go and do the other test. :( It makes me nervous since I have to go Monday and I keep hearing of people that have failed their first test.

MrsB, I am sorry to hear your DH has to go away. Try to relax and not worry too much. I am sure he will be back in plenty of time for the delivery. But still, it sucks.

Klein, I can't wait to see pics!

For those wondering about bedding, I did get that Peek-A-Boo Monsters set by Cocalo. The material is a lot nicer than a lot of the other crib sets. I think TRU in the US still has them $30 off.

AFM, I just realized I am double digits today! And 26 weeks tomorrow (technically today)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->