LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

omg klein I LOVE it!!! how old is DS?

I love doing interiors (Im a graphic designer in my work life and so I suppose its only natural) and I cant wait to do my boys room. Im keeping the current room as baby room as its gender neutral (green/brown) and hope to get pregnant again with my frosties and then will do a boys room and move bub #1 in there :happydance:

nothing new with me, had my 2 hr GD test on monday and waiting for results. I felt awful but they allowed me to go lie in my car inbetween blood tests. Oh and I have a massive hemorrhoid :blush: I was on my feet all day saturday and sunday as we were having people over for a bbq, my feet hurt soooooo badly I could barely walk and suddenly this massive hemorrhoid pushed its way out, it was soooooo painful. I spent monday lying down most of the time with a cold compress and it seems to be shrinking. urghhh! bub is kicking a lot more and I can see the movements from the outside now so thats fun.

Im soooo looking forward to the end of next week as I will be 30 weeks, that sounds so close to the end! :happydance:

hope everyone is good :flower:

boo for the arse-grapes Sarah :(
but yaaaay for impending 30 weekness!

I'm 28 weeks now - and the end is starting to feel pretty close ... I bought some things for my hospital bag today: breast pads, maternity pads and a pack of newborn nappies (we have cloth for when we get home, but I don't want the hassle in hospital)
I've also got 2 nighties

Now, what else do I need ???

Great teen room Klein! Your DS must be happy.

FX for your test results Sarah! How long do they usually take?

Urch, wow. I haven't thought of what to bring to hospital yet! I am hoping I don't have to stay long. Private rooms are expensive (way fraking more than a nice hotel) and I don't think I could afford more than one day. But most importantly, I get freaked out in hospitals sometimes. I get the wiggens and it makes me feel too uncomfortable. I am ok as a visitor usually.

But tonight we have our hospital tour! I am going to have to think of questions to ask. I know I need to ask about cameras and videos, but what other things should I ask?

boo for the arse-grapes Sarah :(
but yaaaay for impending 30 weekness!

I'm 28 weeks now - and the end is starting to feel pretty close ... I bought some things for my hospital bag today: breast pads, maternity pads and a pack of newborn nappies (we have cloth for when we get home, but I don't want the hassle in hospital)
I've also got 2 nighties

Now, what else do I need ???

I have to make a list too! at the hypnobirthing class she suggested face cloths as you get very hot in labour, and some pillows for comfort. Im also going to take an exercise ball as Im not sure if the hospital has one and Id like to sit on that during labour. You will need some onesies Im assuming for bub, Ive also heard you should take some hats, and perhaps mitts?

care im assuming I will get the call tomorrow, thats how long it took for the 1 hr test. FX!

I'll be in at least 3 days I think cuz of the c-section ... but Mr Urch can always bring in further supplies if I run short of anything. So really I'm just trying to bring enough to get me and Eenie through the first 48 hours.

Care, one thing I want to ask is what the visiting times are for Mr Urch - over here some hospitals throw the dads out at the end of the day ... and some are stricter than others on that front :(

Onesies I have and hats - but no scratch mitts as yet *makes mental note*

Sarah, good luck! FX for you. I know our hospital does have exercise balls (or birthing balls), but I think my midwives have some. I am not sure if they can be used at the hospital. I will have to ask. Your midwives or hospital may them as well.

Urch, I have some onsies that have mits in them. But I never used them on their own much. If you have to you can use socks. Our visiting hours are from 11-8. If you have a private room your DH or partner can get a bracelet to come and go after hours. It unlocks the doors. I know yours will be different, but it may be similar.

It is $250 for a private room and I am not sure we are going to go for it. I was told even if you want one it depends on what is available. Or you may be put in a private without paying. They said the keep you 5 days for a CS! Wow, I thought it was 3. FX I won't have to worry about that.

When our group first walked through the doors to the labour and delivery wing there was a baby crying. I started to tear up. It all became real. I know I feel him and I know he is there, but I accepted long ago I would never be pregnant. We closed the door on AC about 8 years ago and decided to adopt. We were at peace with that. I just can't believe it is really happening some days. It is the biggest blessing we have ever had. My husband last night pretty said the same thing. It became so real and he just can't wait until Declan is here, in our arms and healthy. He is scared of the birth as he couldn't even stand my US when they had to push down hard to find my ovary that moved. He is not good with stuff like that. He wants to be there and will, but he said he is scared to look when he is coming out. I want to look. I want to see it all. They have the big rolling mirrors at our hospital so I can see.

Wow, now we need to get on planning our birth plan and seeing what we need going to the hospital. Our hospital has diapers for 3 days and blankets and usually has hats and lots knitted, but I want to use my own things. Although the ladies that donate the knitted items work so hard we will probably use them. And we need to find baby's going home outfit. So much to think about.

Wow can't believe everyone is already thinking about the hospital! So exciting! Brings tears to my eyes thinking how close we are!!!

Finally got around to posting pics of the cake and favour I made for my baby shower and in my journal... my husband is putting a limit on how many cakes I'm allowed to do now though. I've been pretty busy with cakes alongside my full-time job, but its getting a lot for me to be juggling both now!

It is all getting so real isn't it??? AND I LOVE IT!

I was beginning to get my head round the fact that this might never happen for me (we didn't have money for more than one round of IVF, so it was pretty much all or nothing!)
... and now I'm sat here 28 weeks pregnant feeling my wee baby squiggle about inside me :cloud9:

I will find out at my hospital visit if Mr Urch is allowed to come and go as he pleases, but a lot of places over here kick daddy out along with all the other visitors :(

I seem to have entered the 'hospital bagging' phase! I keep calling in at the supermarket on my way home from work to buy a few more bits - today I got travel sized toiletries for me - and my CJs bum butter for Eenie's wee botty arrived in the post :dance:

I think I will get my little case out over the weekend and start packing things :thumbup:
and I will start washing some teeny tiny clothes so I have plenty things to put her in.

Ohhhhw - I'm just so excited! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I passed my GD test
:bodyb::bodyb::bodyb::bodyb::bodyb:

stupid 1hr screening, next pregnancy I will go straight and do the long one.

hope everyone else passes :flower:

Yay for passing Sarah! My test went ok today, the drink was worse than the 1 hr but I don't find it as bad as some make it out to be. The lab tech said it takes a day to get back and then another day or two for the Dr to review it and have someone call you, so I'm hoping I won't hear til next week and can indulge some more over the weekend :thumbup:. Care - I didn't go crazy on sugar or anything, just made sure to eat my faves the past week in case I get cut off :winkwink:

Even after a shower and tons of baby stuff it doesn't seem real yet. Need to do the hospital tour, mainly for DH as I'm familiar with it (though he knows where the cafeteria is so he is probably content with that... LOL :haha:). Ours is all single rooms and dads can stay all night so those aren't issues for us. Have clothes and stuff but not washing any til we get the dresser. Hoping to get it from my parents this weekend so I can start getting stuff put away.

I think our c-section is minimum of 3 with as many as 5 depending on insurance.

Congrats on passing the GD test Sarah! Sorry you had to go through it!

I hope I passed my 1 hr test. I took it on Monday... the drink made me so sick. I waited the hour to do my blood work and then finally let myself throw up. Was such a relief to get it out!

I felt awful after the 1 hr test, but didnt throw up...I went and had a burger right after to get rid of the sickly sweet feeling (I was like 'I need meat'!!).

I did throw up after the 2 hr test, it was 50% more liquid to drink and I felt like I was going to throw up the whole wait but managed not too only because I was lying in my car!

Yay, congrats Sarah! Sorry you had to go through the second test though. At least you passed. :)

Dis, I took mine (the 1 hr) monday as well and haven't heard anything yet...

Today I went out shopping and all day I have felt off (really hard time breathing, feels like asthma, and dizzy/light headed). So when I was at Walmart I used the blood pressure monitor and it was 102/42. I have never had the bottom number lower than 60 before. My mom was all freaked out so she went and bugged the pharmacist. All they did was try and make me sit down. They probably didn't want me to pass out and get hurt since they probably worry about getting sued, lol. I wouldn't sit though because my back/butt/leg hurt too much. Walking is usually better for my sciatica. At least my blood pressure isn't high! If it did go up to say 130/100 that would be super high for me. My heart rate was faster though. Probably because when I feel like I can't breath it feels like my HR goes up.

Hi ladies,
I've been busy moving this week and haven't been posting lately.
Hope everyone is doing well! This group is moving along, so exciting to think about nurseries and hospital bags and all that.
Have a great weekend.

Hi Sienna :hi:
good to see you!
It's great to see how far along we are isn't it?

I've been picking out a lamp shade for Eenie this morning (woke up at 4 0'clock :growlmad:) and finally found a lovely one 2 hours later :D
I'll post a pic in my journal later when I've ordered it

Mrs B - I'm so jealous of your private room and Daddy Bear being able to stay ... I'm dreading them sending Mr Urch home :(

Sarah - glad you passed :thumbup:
so far I have avoided the GTT, though my urine is showing +1 for glucose, so I'm wondering if I have it all to come??

Just go the call and I failed the GD test :brat:. I actually only failed 2 of the 4. The baseline was barely passing, I failed the 1hr and 2hr and passed the 3hr. But they consider failing any 2 to be having GD. So they have me signed up for a class next Friday to I guess go over nutrition and diet guidelines. Blah...

Totally expected it so not shocked or upset but not thrilled by any means to have to monitor what I eat. Don't know if they will have me doing blood tests or just diet :shrug:

oh no thats too bad mrs bear :hugs:
although hopefully it will be manageable, are there different degrees of GD, like if you pass 2 out of 4 do you have it less than someone who fails all 4.
I do wonder too, that drink is an insane amount of glucose for your body at once so I wonder if some people fail when they are fine when just eating a normal diet.
is gd more common when carrying twins? why did you expect it?

hi everyone else :hi:

Between my age, twins and family history the Dr said it would be pretty likely I would fail. It is common with twins. The OB nurse called to confirm my class for next Friday but she never said anything about changing diet or anything before then, so I guess they aren't super concerned or they would have given me more instruction for the coming week. The two I failed were only by 10 points or so each so I didn't fail badly, and by the last one I passed. Who knows... :shrug:

I am sorry MrsB. :( At least you didn't seem to fail too badly so you shouldn't need insulin.

I haven't heard anything from my test so I am not sure what that means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->