LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Yeah I had someone pop onto my facebook to tell me not to be worrying unnecessarily about SIDS - and I wondered what exactly is the necessary amount of worry to be having?

For me, getting a monitor is so that I don't have to worry - as it does the worrying for me :shrug:

But just imagine how much I would hate myself forever if the worst happened and I could have prevented it .... doesn't bear thinking about does it :hugs:

Saying don't worry about SIDS is like saying don't worry about having a car seat in case of a car accident or about your kid being kidnapped. Well, most people are lucky and don't have that happen, but that doesn't mean you don't take steps to prevent bad things if you are able to after all.

Klein - sorry for your loss :hugs:. No matter how expected it is never easier

Urch, that person is a moron. Sorry, but it's true.

MrsB said it perfectly.

Thanks for the support girls.

Sienna--I love that post. I needed a good laugh! It was so great I had to send it out in a TEXT message, lol yea a long text at that, to a few friends.

I'm not doing a bassinet, not for any crazy reason or anything though lol. I'm sure with a monitor everything will be fine. I'm trying to narrow down a monitor myself. There are SO many out there. :shrug:

Nursery is being painted and I can't remember if I posted this or not but I assembled LO's crib, glider and changing table last Friday night. So that's done. I figured the painter needed to know the placement of the items in there so she can paint around them accordingly. DD has been playing in the nursery with her babies and loving it! She's so excited about this baby. It's so sweet. :cloud9:

DD (7yo) told me she wants a BIG SISTER shirt...I pondered about askind DD (13 yo) if he wanted one made. I finally did and he said if it looked 'cool' enough and said something like 'BOSS BIG BROTHER' Hmm...don't think those will be mass produced anytime soon :dohh:

OH! I will be leaving for vaca on the 1st of August! I'll be back on the 18th. I will take my laptop with me and be reading posts but prob not posting very much. I'll be having B&B withdrawals :cry:

Had to pay $650.00 for my camera to be repaired today. Apparently I was a bit emotional b/c I cried when I gave the guy over the phone my debit card number :cry: Heck I'm still :cry: That's a chunk of money!!! :cry: Hubby consoled me and that helped some but dang, that's alot of money. I asked how much a 'new' lens would be instead of paying to fix the old one and it was $1800.00. Needless to say, we choose $650.00.

Can't remember if it's been mentioned, anyone hiring a doula?

I'm thinking of using my grandmother's name in our girl name somewhere. I haven't mentioned it to DH yet. Her name was Dovie and my middle name is DovMarie (named after both of my grandmothers, Dovie & Marie) So I'd be naming her after me and her technically.
We are having such a hard time deciding on a girl name, I don't know if it would even fit. BUT I am trying to work it in if I can :)

Urch, that person is a moron. Sorry, but it's true.

MrsB said it perfectly.

She did indeed - but I still like your succinct appraisal of the situation :rofl:

Klein, those shirts sound the business - and it's very cute that your little girl has got out all her babies to practise being a big sister :kiss:

AFM, I'm working from home today and Monday - hurrah!
Today I have reports to write, and Monday is electronic time sheets booooo! but at least I am home and can chill as I work :)

Hello everyone!

Sorry I've been quiet, been feeling very down last few days with a cold and legs swollen to gigantic levels. I have been reading though and I love the Snuza monitor, I didn't know about it but will definitely look into it now! We have purchased most baby items, last few are the high chair and the monitor. Having a hard time deciding on which video monitor to get!

For those on team pink - zulily.com has rufflebutts diaper covers on sale today :flower:

Normally $17 are $10.99.

I'm a sucker for ruffle butts :haha:

Klein - the name Dovie is so cute & so sweet to try to work it in.

I just got back from vacation today. So relaxing but now back to reality. The babies have been kicking like crazy all week. I love it & hope it wasn't just a vacation thing.

Hope everyone is well, i have a lot of catching up to do on this thread :)

Hi marie - good to see you :hi:
I'm getting frequent kicks now too - my anterior placenta still cushions a lot of the low ones, but Eenie is hoofing higher up now and strong enough for me to feel it.
They tell me it gets uncomfortable later on, but right now I love it :D

Isn't it exciting to be feeling baby so much?

Yesterday morning he head butted me so hard that it woke me up as I felt my whole stomach shake! Was very funny! Then we went to see Dark Knight Rises, and with the sound of the movie baby did not stop moving, rolling and kicking - was hilarious but made me extra nauseated!!

I had exactly the same thing happen on Sunday at the Dark Night! All the way through she was rolling and crashing about :D

Yes, i absolutely love all of the movement. People warn me it gets old quick especially when you're trying to sleep but i can't imagine getting tired of it. Knowing they are alive & well in there is such a great feeling!

sorry havent been online much! so I had a bit of a panic attack and went for a last minute cancellation scan on saturday, I hadnt been feeling bub that much and MW had scared me saying 3rd trimester losses are more common in my age group (she was only saying to be aware and to make sure i feel movement through the day, but it wasnt nice to hear). Hubby was not happy but when he saw me crying he soon came around.

Bub was sleeping most of the time so we didnt get many good shots, when he moved the placenta was in the way but we got a couple at the end. But we saw him smile, yawn and stretch so I feel better! he definitely looks more chubby than last time. only 10 weeks to go, cant wait.

so then yesterday I went for a massage and he had a pillow thing where your bump hangs into, it was sooo comfy. well bub was kicking up a storm the whole time! so i wonder if its just the way he sits when Im sitting and lying, I guess my placenta really cushions at all. Ive googled people who have had pregnancies with a front placenta and without and they were shocked how much more they felt when it wasnt in the front.

hope everyone is doing well :flower:

Attachments

• bub30weeks.jpg
    bub30weeks.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 6
Oh my, baby looks adorable Sarah!! So sorry about the scare, I've heard anterior placentas can cause a lot of nervousness. At least you don't get the very painful kicks that wake me up!!

Once again, I have to say, baby looks sooo cute!!!!

thanks dis! yes perhaps I should feel lucky, but I do panic. these next 10 weeks better go fast!! ive never had a painful kick like people talk about. I do find Im getting up more now in the night to pee and waking early....perhaps its our bodies way of getting us used to it!

when is your next scan? I notice a lot more fat on bub this time :cloud9:

Sarah those pics are gorgeous ... I have days when i feel a lot less too - but I think it depends where she's kicking.
Top and bottom of bump I feel it, but if she's pounding the middle I don't feel anything - can see my belly moving but don't actually feel it!

I find the middle kicks feel the weirdest! Low hurt and top make me more nauseated, but in the middle I feel like he's trying to rip out of my stomach and it makes me feel weird as I can feel my skin stretch wtih those kicks!

My next 3D scan is this Saturday morning and then off to Buffalo to pick up all my ship to store and amazon.com purchases!!!

Im so jealous of all of these scans!! I know I will be able to talk the OB into it one of these weeks, so Im not too worried. I just know I won't be able to talk DH into the private 3D scan, he wouldn't be into paying for it just for fun
:growlmad:

Sarah, I definitely have the experience of a posterior vs anterior placenta going on right now. With DD it was posterior, and she moved NONSTOP. Kicks and flips and turns all over the place all day. This time all of the strong kicks and pokes are on the side, almost into my back. With her we would see knees and elbows and butt move across the front of my stomach all the time. None of that this time with the anterior placenta. So I def think theres truth to it, even though my OB told me there isn't really. He says the things I remember were happening further along, like towards the end. I don't think so though...

I do contract WAY more this pregnancy. Practically every hour. Nothing painful or alarming, but the tightening of braxton hicks. Hopefully getting all ready for an easy labor (last one was a breeze, will I be so lucky again??)

today I went for lunch and he was kicking so hard I had to stop talking, thats the first time that happened! I will probably live to regret wishing for more movement.

teta please give me your birth story from last time! and thank you for the comparison, thats what Ive been reading.

how will I know if Im having a BH? yesterday I stood up and my tummy was soooo tight and sore all around the top. nothing at the bottom or down below. I thought BH would be like period cramps so I dont think that was one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->