LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Sarah, the name is a difficult situation. I think this should just be between you and your DH though. In the end I did let my DH pick the middle name. It was important to him and I thought since we agreed on the first, that was the most important. But now you are second guessing your first name as well. That is a hard one. Do what feels right to both of you. Thankfully you still have some time. Some people change their minds after the birth as well, so you never know.

Decals, the ones I used always were transferable, so I am not sure. We never had many issues with them.

Marie, When I lean forward it is like he is pushing everything up (which I guess he is). It isn't nearly as painful as yours seems to be though. Just sore, but very uncomfortable. My back is so much worse. I couldn't imagine having two in there. Although, I am getting a bit frustrated by people saying things like "are you sure there's not two in there, you are awfully big". I know I am huge, I can flipping feel it in my whole body. But do people have to be so blunt? Yesterday one of my DH's friends said I looked like I am 300lbs now. Um, gee thanks. I haven't really gained much at all. Sorry to go off on a rant. I am done now.

Oh and guess what? I just started getting stretch marks! I had some from when I was 11 or 12. I grew a lot in my hips and breasts. They were white and really hard to see (they were on the inside of my thighs and a bit on my hips). They seemed to get a tiny bit darker where I noticed them more after pregnancy (I know that is normal), but this week I see tiny darker parts extending from the old ones! I was freaking out. They are on my hips, but going up and they look like toward my stomach if they keep going. Great. I make an nice oil to put on, but I always forget. I better start remembering. Mind you my skin is so tight and stretched, I am not surprised. :(

I love my belly no matter what, but I am not feeling that great about myself these days.

Care - i've gained 18 pounds which is a good amount for me right now according to my doctors but people love to make comments like "look like you haven't missed a meal" & it's always men. They think it's funny. One guy from my work is always making comments & even said he can only get away with the fat jokes with pregnant women because anyone else would be offended. I really think they are just clueless. You just have to be ok with your body and know you are doing what's best for the baby. I haven't been obsessed with the scale or the amount i eat as long as it's healthy, at least most of the time. I look pretty huge for 5 months pg & my boss is worried i am going to give birth any day now. He's interviewing for my replacement now just in case. I'm explaining i have at least 3 more months & it will only take me 2 weeks to train someone. I guess this comes with the territory. There is a lot of discrimination out there still even in this day & age.

Yeah, men are pretty dumb sometimes. I haven't even gained 10 lbs (but I gained almost that during ivf), but I do look like I have gained a lot more. I do like the way my belly looks, and I love to show it off, but I get sick of the comments.

Your boss is nuts, but I know some are like that. :nope:

This is the most recent pic I have, it was at 29 weeks.

Attachments

• 29weeks.jpg
    29weeks.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 4
I gained most of mine during IVF too!

Since I've been pregnant I've gained around a stone, but I'm not totally sure about that as I don't weigh myself a lot!
But I look massive as I am carrying Eenie all at the front. From the back I still have a waist!

Thing is, I love my great big bump - after wanting for so long to be pregnant, I love this very obvious sign that I most definitely am :cloud9:

I don't really get a lot of comments about my size fat-wise - apart from my next door neighbour who keeps telling me to lay off the pies ... but I don't really mind.

Lots of people are surprised though that I'm not ready to drop, or that I don't have twins in there ... and I'm wondering how much bigger I'm going to be by D-Day!

That's good Urch. I know what I weigh because I get weighed at the midwives every other week. But from my first visit at almost 8 weeks till now I have only gone up 5lbs. Kind of weird since I look so big. What is a stone? How many pounds/kg are in one?

I guess after this week and last I am just sick of the comments. The stretch marks and my muscle turning to jelly don't help though. But my belly looks good! And I feel him all the time and I love it! It is weird though as I will feel him on one side or way up top and then simultaneously I feel him in the very opposite direction. Sometimes I wonder how he can only be one baby as well. He seems so big already.

14lbs in a stone Care :thumbup:

They don't weigh me every time - not sure why???

I don't feel Eenie in the middle as that's where my placenta is - or should that be her placenta? Whose placenta is it???? :shrug:
So I often feel her top and bottom.

At my last scan she was lying diagonally, so could reach all kinds of weird places simultaneously

Care, you look beautiful!

Sarah, have you come to more insights about the name? It is such a responsibility. We're at either Damian, Nicolas, or Alexander. Damian is my favorite, but there's still time to finalize.

Dis, congrats on selecting a name.

Marie, sorry that your getting this kind of grief from work.

AFM, doing great (25 weeks today). Just starting to get back strain and am expecting those awesome stretch marks to start soon (my mom has tons). I also have an anterior placenta, and have been happy to feel so much movement in the last two weeks.

Mrs. Bear - how are you holding up carrying two?

morning sienna!

So far I have avoided the stretchies ... and having had a bit of a pinch of my belly skin, there's still a bit of elasticity left - but my bump is growing at an alarming rate so I don't think I'll escape forever :nope:

Isn't it crazy how fast our bumps grow in the third tri? I feel like I can notice a difference every day. I wore a dress to work today, the same I wore for my baby shower about a month back.... I LOOK HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

People keep saying the same to me Dis ... anyone I haven't seen for 3 days+ goes nuts when they see how big the bump is now.

Thing is, I love my massive Eenie bump - even though it's getting very tricky to find a comfy sleeping position now

care your bump is gorgeous! very neat looking, not that large at all. I think perhaps people are just in general shocked at baby bumps!

dis glad he was just being quiet. Im finally feeling bub much more right now, small movements but definitely all day. Ive finally felt a few boney pokes which is wild.

haha urchin I would say its her placenta!!

sienna glad you are feeling movement :thumbup:

hope everyone else is good!

its funny as I when I look at myself dead straight on in the mirror I look about the same width wize, its when I turn to the side I look big! my friend was very wide, but she is only 5'2 where Im 5'10.

Im not tooo uncomfortable sleeping yet, I just hug a big soft pillow and roll onto my sides. This week I had a really sore spot at the top of my bump, my MW said it was probably just from everything being squished up. I find its worse when I sit working for long hours so trying to lie down more often.

my MW approved me having acupuncture at 39 weeks to get things moving :happydance: thats only 6 weeks away! now its not automatic and your body has to be ready to go into labour, but I really want to try some natural inductions and avoid pitocin.

anyway she said bub is head down, she said she had his head between her fingers, right in my pubic area. I still have a hard time picturing I have a baby in there, so it was amazing when she said that.

oh I booked a maternity photoshoot at the end of the month, she does very arty photos, then for bub as a newborn in october. I love her work
https://www.littlesmilesphotography.ca/
anyone else doing shoots? the only photos we have up are from our wedding 7 years ago :dohh: so thought its time for some new ones. I dont like photos of myself so I figured some arty profiles or b&w body shots might look nice.

Yay for maternity shots Sarah! You'll have to post some for us! I'm not doing any, as I want to save the money for newborn shots - I don't like pictures of me at all so it would be a complete waste!

Glad you are feeling more... last night for 5 minutes bubs kept kicking hubbys hand off my belly, it was hilarious. I'm also getting a lot of BH contractions, so DH could feel those coming too - he was impressed with how well I was handling them considering they were very strong. Its handy sometimes having a DH thats a doctor, as he knows more about this stuff than I do, despite my constant reading. Although he refuses to check my cervix! My OB hasn't yet, and I was curious to see if its still closed and asked him, DH looked at me mortified and said he would in no way ever even consider it :(

Nursery is coming along and its exciting...love looking at it! Going to do the decals this weekend hopefully, and the damaged drawer pieces should be delivered by Tuesday, so all should be ready by next week! YAY!!

Sarah - just a word on the acupuncture. A coworker of mine did acupuncture at 41 weeks to induce, and her acupuncturist warned her that induction acupuncture hurts, and that its not like regular acupuncture. My coworker said it was extremely painful, and it makes you sweat so much that you look like you came out of the shower! Just to prepare you! But how exciting! I'm hoping to go at 39 weeks too - my BIL is going away the week we're due for 6 weeks and wants to be there when bubs is born!

sarah - no maternity shots for me either - and am unlikely to have professional baby shots either ... but Mr Urch is very good with a camera :thumbup:

Dis - you will post pics of the nursery when it's finished won't you? I just love looking at the special places we all create for our precious wee babies :cloud9:

I don't think we are doing mat shots, but I have thought of getting a belly cast and having it professionally painted to match the nursery. Not too sure though... Doing baby shots for sure, but I am not booking right away.

I wanted to do a belly cast as well, but now I'm starting to think I don't want to sit still for that long! I find it so hard to do already, Im always shifting positions. At work I brought in a yoga ball so I can switch between my chair and the ball, and when I'm on my chair, Im constantly putting my feet up on the ball while I work....

Oh, and I will definitely put up a picture when its done. I'm expecting it to be done by next Thursday hopefully :)

the maternity shots are only $150 extra, so I figured I might as well as I would love to have some artsy photos of my lovely bump. Hubby is pretty good with a camera too, but I want some professional ones. I will tell her I want abstact though, as i dont like photos of myself!! well who does.

dis LOL at him not wanting to check, I asked my MW and she said they dont check till 40 weeks. I was hoping they would check as it would be exciting if something was happening. I think she said it thins first right? and then opens, and I would assume you might lose your plug then. If your hubby changes his mind tell him Im coming over too :rofl::rofl::rofl:

care for baby shots I was told they prefer to shoot in the first 14 days, as thats when babies are most sleepy and you can put them where you need them!! just a thought to not wait too long.

and I didnt know that about the acupuncture, I will ask her next time I see her! yikes, but I guess its all in preperation for the labour :haha:

Sarah just noticed, 50 days left for you! Eeek what a milestone day!!! Congrats!

I am officially one month away from my estimated twin due date! Excited and nervous all at the same time - still so much to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->