LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

BH could be crampy, but it's usually just that tightening feeling at this point. I don't get crampy at all. With DD I didn't realize they were contractions until I was having one in the office while the dr was measuring me and said oh you are having a contraction. I thought it was the baby sticking her butt out :haha: but once I knew what they were I realize I had them quite frequently.

As far as my labor with DD goes.... I think I have mentioned this before but I had all back labor. I never knew about it so didn't really know I was in labor for a while which helped things seems to go quicker. The day before my due date, I woke up at 1am with shooting back pains that were coming and going. About an hour later I realized I was having the above mentioned tightening each time my back hurt so I started to time them. They were every 3 min lasting a min like clock work. I laid there for hours counting and marveling at how our bodies could be so precise! I was in major denial and still didn't think I was in labor bc it wasn't all that bad. Def took my breath away and made me wince, but I pictured labor to be way worse. And I felt absolutely nothing in the front, just my back. So I didn't think it was real. DH woke up at 6am and I said, I think I'm in labor. Since 1am. He was like WHAAAATTT! I had a ob appt scheduled for 9 so I just wanted to wait til then and go to the dr and see what they said. Since I work at the hospital I was so scared I would go there and they would say I wasn't in labor. So DH was packing the car with all of the hospital stuff and I was trying to stop him (major denial). He made me shower (thank god!) saying its the real thing just do it! I think I was afraid if I believed it was time and it wasn't I would be disappointed. So as I was up and about they started to space a little further, that is until I got to the office and started to see stars. They were trying to set up my non stress test which I was having every week at that point, the girl couldn't figure it out and I literally screamed at her IM IN LABOR I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS STUPID TEST :haha: the dr came in and took one look at me and said ok go to the hospital. I made him check me and I was 2 cm. got to the hospital around 11 ( the dr made me stop for breakfast, I HIGHLY recommend it bc I didn't eat again until that night) got my epidural by 1130, pitocin at 12, and a healthy perfect baby girl after 30 min Of pushing at 6pm!! 6 hours shy of her due date :cloud9: idk how I got to lucky to have progressed so quickly, and I guess technically the labor started at 1am, but it seemed like it was just those 6 hours in the hospital to me. Looking back I had back pain the whole day before which was probably labor. But I was blissfully unaware.

Sorry it's so long. Major lessons learned are labor can be nothing like they tell you it's gonna be, and you will be in major denial :haha:

oh wow thats not too bad at all! I hear 2nd births are often easier so you should be fine!!

Im assuming I am having BHicks as my uterus goes all tight, then is back to normal. It started yesterday. But i dont feel it in my back, or around my cervix or anything, nothing like period cramps. Its just my bump going tight, anyone else?

Yup that's definitely them!! That's exactly what mine feel like!

Friday I was having BH contractions continuously at work for an hour, uterus kept going tight and letting go. Not painful but weird. Saturday was scary though, we were shopping in Buffalo and I had to keep stopping while walking and even made some "yelp" noises as I felt my cervix contracting. Definitely painful.

Had my 3D scan on Saturday morning and was wonderful. Definitely gotten bigger... scan wasn't as clear as when he was smaller. Posted more pics in my journal but this is my favourite: he was holding his umbilical cord and sucking on it!

Attachments

• IMAGES_16.JPG
    IMAGES_16.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 4
awh thats a lovely pic Dis :)

I had my first antenatal class this evening, and bumped into another BnBer - who recognised me when I called my bump Eenie!
It was run by a funny American lady - well, I found her funny anyway lol

wow you are so organized dis!! I figured they dont use the high chair for a while so I have time.

I just looked up the tatamia and it looks nice! ive not seen that one before. Was it a shop on ebay you purchased from?

I had my eye on this one (white and orange)
https://www.booninc.com/products/Flair

It wasn't a store, it was a girl who got two for her baby shower - but there are plenty on ebay for around $310. I bought all my stuff off of amazon or ebay and had it shipped here (https://www.usaddressinc.com/) so I could take advantage of free shipping etc. I liked the high chair you chose too but when I saw it in the store I thought the seat looked a little slim, and with DH and my stature, I'm sure we'll have a chunky baby! I also liked that I can use the tatamia from newborn and keep baby in a swing in the kitchen so we can sit down and have a meal or baby can watch me while I cook.

Dis Im replying to you on this thread rather than hijacking Springys!

oooohh I took a closer look at the tatamia, it looks great! on toyrsrus.ca and https://www.pegperegocanada.com website they only show brown and cream, but in videos they have an orange, do they have more colours on ebay? I wont be going down to buffalo again before birth so cant do the us address thing, dont mind paying reg price for it as it looks great! I can see how the boon might seem tight and it doesnt have all those cool functions.

any other product tips? as we seem to have the same style :thumbup:

i got that fisher price papason swing but Im liking the look of this one too as its supposed to mimic our movement
https://www.snugglebugz.ca/mamaroo-plush.html
i like the silver or green

haha I felt bad about hijacking the thread too!

I got the white as it matches my kitchen beautifully, but basically you pick the white, brown or cream base and you can then buy an additional accessory pack that gives you a seat cover of a different colour (orange, green, etc) as well as a toybar and hood to put over the chair in case you want to roll the highchair out to your patio.

I was very close to buying the mamaroo at the baby show as it was on sale and hubby really liked it. I just found it tooo slow. Even on the fastest setting I found it very boring to look at and I like the option of having a faster swing. I bought the same swing as you and I like that it can swing back and forth or side to side... the mamaroo would be good to mimic the motion in a car I guess. I just knew I wanted a faster option, and didn't want to clutter my house with two swings!

ahhhh I didnt realize there was an accessory kit that you could change the colour, thats great!

Im considering a swing or chair in every room :haha: but that mamaroo is expensive so not sure if I will bother.

I put my bassinette by my bed today, felt so real :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: but then put it back in his room as I dont want cat/dog hair all over it just yet!!!

a friend of mines wife gave birth first child same age at 38 weeks, thats 6 weeks from now for me, yikes

Hi ladies!

Dis, great pic! I am glad you got another scan and feel better.

Urch, that is funny that somebody recognized you! Wow, small world.

Sarah and Dis, I like the Tatamia. I already have a highchair though. A friend lent me her swing, and although it isn't what I would pick, it works great. It is the Fisher Price rain forest model and does the same front-to-back or side-to-side. The Momaroo also seemed to slow to me, but the concept is cool.

I have been so tired lately and my back is killing. I have been good otherwise. 30 weeks tomorrow!

Does anybody else have sore ribs?

nope - ribs are fine, but I am generally uncomfortable now. It's very hard to find a comfortable sitting, standing or lying position any more :(

No sore ribs yet, I've been told to expect it soon. Mainly sore back and feet for me - and just being uncomfortable.

Sarah, can't believe only 6 weeks left is even a possibility! Time is going so quick. DH said it could be 6-8 weeks for us a few days ago, I couldn't believe it, it can take longer than that for things I order online sometimes!! Really need to get baby's rooom finished but had a few setbacks - one of the parts for the dresser is damaged so I have to get a new part. Also we got the room painted on Monday (had to wait as I was waiting for my decals to come in so I can match the paint colour to the decal) and now I read online I have to wait 2-3 weeks to apply decals on freshly painted walls! I don't have that kind of time!!!

Dis its crazy right!! I havent finished his room really as we need a crib but Im not too worried as he will be in with us for the first 3-6 months anyway. Are you putting him right into his room? I think we waited 1 or 2 weeks after painting for our decal.

I dont feel too uncomfortable yet, I get a pressure down below as if a giant head is on my cervix :haha: I find if Im on my feet a lot I get really tired and sore but I cant say anything is really bad yet. It might help that I work from home and so rest more than most.

anyone have stretch marks? I was watching one born every minute and the (young) girl on there had loads allover her tummy. I hope they dont turn up these next 8 weeks. if you are going to get them would you see them by birth? I wasnt sure if you notice them more once the tummy is deflated!!

I wanted you guys advice on something:

hubby told me last night that he really likes our 2nd choice name, Ethan. But I hate that its #1 in Canada for boys names and he said thats silly why does that matter as its just a nice name. so now Im all confused. I was pretty set on Cieran Michael (my late dads name). Ethan Michael doesnt really go, so I would do Ethan Andrej (FIL's name). So now I dont know whether to do our first born with that and hopefully if we have another boy do Cieran Michael.

When I said I was going to call him Cieran Michael my MIL said 'Cieran Michael Andrej sounds great'....I was annoyed she added my FIL's name as I only wanted 1 middle name as thats what I have. Its tradition in hubbies family to do grandparents, but I wanted to honour people who've past (if it was a girl we were doing Chloe Maria after hubbies grandmother).
Her saying that made me think that they would be upset if I just did Cieran Michael. Perhaps I shouldnt care, but its been niggling me. I love my FIL and dont want him to be upset. Sometimes my MIL and their traditions are quite overpowering and me not having traditions is like a tradition! we dont do grandparents in our family so why cant I follow what we do.

anyway it was more what hubby was saying about really liking the name Ethan that has me thinking.

urgh I just googled stretch marks and some people said they didnt have any till say 36 weeks then were covered, yikes

No stretchies for me yet, and I am blummin hyowj! Skin still has some elasticity in it though, so hoping I will get away without :thumbup:

Eenie hasn't settled yet into one position - this morning she was all over on the right - now she has squiggled over to the left ... at my last scan a week ago she was lying diagonally - who knows where she will end up :shrug:

Dis - I did my decals last week - but luckily had finished the painting several weeks previously as I didn't know you had to wait a while to put them up either :nope:
The good thing is, doing the decals is a nice clean job - so even if you do everything else and just leave the space for them you should be fine. Though I admit it is much nicer going in and being able to look at them!

Sarah, I understand the concern about the name.... it should def be a name you both love. I personally love Cieran and Ethan, so can't be much help. I do feel that its nicer to honour people who have past as a middle name though. You guys need to discuss, as if baby #2 isn't a boy, you may hold a grudge against DH for the name you really wanted.

Are the decals easy to do? I'm nervous about it! Any advice?

I have some stretch marks, I've seen them crreping over the past few days :(

Going to actually go to my doctor right now. I haven't been feeling bubs much over past 2 days and feeling kinda nervous now. Mentioned it to DH and he wants us to go...

awww dis I know the feeling, I guess the doppler doesnt reassure you? my bub definitely likes to sleep a lot then I will have 10 mins for movement then nothing for ages :hugs: hope everything is ok let us know when you are back

what names did you decide on?

the decals are easy, i loved doing them. the only annoying thing is bubbles ...sometimes you go and smooth them out and then it flattens into a crease. just go slow and use the tool they give you to flatten.

are the stretch marks red?

I found the decals very easy - as long as the ones you have got are repositionable you can just peel em off and do it again if you go wrong

All is fine, he's just being very quiet. No ultrasound, just hooked me up to the heat monitor and monitored it for twenty minutes. I think I'm extra gassy so maybe can't feel movements today.

My decals are not reusable so that's why I'm a little worried. Also didn't get a tool with it so will use credit card i guess. Plan is for next weekend.

The name we chose is Zakariya :)

Ah, you need to be a little more precise then!

What sort are they? Is it one big overall picture, or smaller thingies to dot around?

Care - my ribs have been killing me the last 3 days. It hurts to lean forward even just an inch. I can't slouch at all either. Everyone tells me they got this the last month but i guess i'm getting everything early bc it is twins. Supposedly it comes and goes so once my rib cage finishes stretching, i should feel some relief until it happens again. I have a scan next week but i think these babies are a lot bigger than average.

Sarah - the name can be so challenging, especially when other people get involved. It should be between you & dh. We are still undecided on both names. I made the mistake of telling a few people (who asked repeatedly) the choices and now i have to hear their opinions. I know what you mean about the popular names, i try to avoid them too but if one feels right, you shouldn't worry about it. I like both of your name choices actually.

How is everyone doing? Things seem so hectic now and i think it will just get more crazy as time goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->