LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

I thought the wet feeling was normal with increased discharge? Has this not been happening to anyone else?

I'm finding I had to start wearing panty liners about a week ago as my underwear kept feeling VERY WET to the touch as if I wet myself....

oh dis thats good to know, no-one really mentions it and I hadnt had it before....my pad I put on last night is a little wet but nothing like it would be with a proper leak, so I think it was just cm. It was just a very large wet patch I hadnt had before so glad you have it too.

it is amazing how much tidier my house looks after I had a panic and tidied for an hour last night!!

hubby said 'is your hospital bag ready' kinda in an accusing manner that annoyed me. before he was laughing / getting annoyed at how much I was spending on things ahead of time then with the panic he was hoping I had everything early :dohh: luckily I had gone out and purchased pads, diapers and things just last week, so most of it was ready.

urch oh no hope the cold goes away asap! and yay for getting a date.

care what are you taking for iron? I took palafer years ago when I was almost anemic, its good if you can manage it that way rather than a long drive. my MW said mine was on the low side but not terribly low so I think I might take some extra.

mrs b you will be the first to go I think, cant wait to see the first bubs on this thread :cloud9: we are almost there ladies!!

Urch-Sorry your feeling sick. I don't think your feeling sorry for yourself! I think your umm...pregnant and sick!!! I admire you for being able to do such home improvements at this point. I also admire you for the decisions your having to make in picking everything out! I feel like I am loosing my mind most of the time and I can't seem to think straight much less make any decisions that I don't change my mind on 5 minutes later! I'm a mess lol.
Did you get your date???

Care-Sorry your B12 & Iron is low. I do hear wonderful stories about the B12 shots though. I hope they make you feel better!

Dis-I agree w everyone else and wouldn't be concerned with the weight loss at this point.

Sarah-My house could really use a cleaning! More power to you for getting yours in 'showing' state lol.

AFM-I did get released from the hospital late Wed night.
We had our 'natural birthing' class on Thursday night. It was good. I hope to avoid an induction this go round so maybe I can give the natural thing a go. I know if I do have an induction there is no way I can do it. My inductions are just too long and hard for it. Anyways, I hope it educated DH some. It really didn't touch on the things that I was hoping for. Episiotmy vs tearing, dilation, recovery etc. I was sort of hoping that would be thrown in there. DH has SOME sort of idea about all of that but I really wanted him to be shocked before we actually go in to delivery lol. When we went in to L&D earlier this week, we did get a room with a patient laboring naturally next door so at least he got to hear some of the moaning etc--haha.

UTI-is still causing me pain but no contractions. I just hope it clears up. I go back to the doc on Monday so maybe they will be able to tell me if the meds are working or not. I felt better when I was in the hospital...I don't know if it was the fluids or the iv meds I was getting but yesterday and today I've been in pain. The nurse seems to think that it's baby moving around on everything sore.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Hey klein :hi:

It's definitely flying by ... can't believe how little time we have left as a family of two!
Kitchen man has been here all day today and already the kitchen is starting to look like, well - A KITCHEN!
I am soooo happy :))
I might even get some painting done this week - if my energy levels hold up :thumbup:
making the decisions is incredibly hard - am having to ask Mr Urch for his opinions on such things as handles and worktops and taps - which is unheard of! :rofl:

No date yet I'm afraid - I saw the doctor on Friday who said that because I am now diabetic, it will be the diabetes team that decide if my section is at 38 or 39 weeks. I asked what will make the difference and she said it will depend if I'm on medication or not
I tried arguing that I am extremely unlikely to be put on meds as i'm only 0.1 the wrong side of the line, so I really can't see them doing anything other than controlling with diet ... but she wouldn't book me.
So now I have to wait til my appointment with the diabetes team on Tuesday to find out - though I am expecting that they too will find some reason not to book me :(

Glad you got released - being in hospital is never any fun :nope:
It's shite that they haven't got your UTI sorted yet though - last thing you need when everything down there is tender anyway!

I think it's a very good idea to educate the menfolk around what is gonna happen ... I think in their heads they expect that it is like just taking a very big poo - and then get very scared when they discover that there's a whole lot more to it than that. But you're right, finding this out prior to the event is preferable to discovering it in the delivery room

I can't believe how close everyone is getting! Every time I log on I think I might see that someone has delivered. They are going to start coming this week!!! Not me though, so not ready mentally or physically. We got back from Disney today and I've told myself it's time to stop being in denial and get ready! We had a great trip, I felt good the whole time. I'm glad to be home safe and sound though. A nasty stomach bug swept through our house last week, it was so bad I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!! All recovered now. Time to start nesting!

Who has what this week? Any scans? My next one is next week. Can't wait to see the baby again. Although he/she doesn't go to long without knocking these days!!

we are all ridiculously close now Teta :D
I calculated it today and I have between 23 and 16 days before we meet Eenie-Beans :dance:

what day does your scan happen hon? I love scan days - it's so fab seeing what our little ones are up to

I have another non-stress test on Monday and then an ultrasound and non-stress again on Thursday. Only 10 days away for me. Don't want them to come earlier than that though (even though I am insanely uncomfortable right now) since the c-section is set for 37 weeks as it is.

Morning Octoberites!

My ticker says that Eenie is 90% cooked ... how fab is that!

MrsB - you're nearly in single figures - double fan! :dance:

Wow Mrs Bear - 10 DAYS! That's amazing! I keep logging on wondering if you've gone into labour...

I'm so jealous of those of you having scans and such. I haven't had one since 20 weeks medically, but had my 3D at 30.... I wanna see my baby too and see how big he is :(

I did cord blood collection with DD. 3 years ago it was all the rage and the research all looked very promising. 3 years later and it all seems to be in the same place... The same OB who suggested I do it 3 years ago told me this time he didn't think I should. Mainly bc it's so expensive. And because I have DD cord blood and it has a 75% chance of being a match for siblings. It's definitely a hard decision that makes u feel guilty about not doing it. But it's also hard to spend $4000 on something that's an uncertainty!!!

I can't afford to bank it - so am planning on donating it ... seems a shame for it to go to waste

Just wondering if anyone has thought about cord collection?

we are trying to decide that too! I think the one we were looking at is about $1200 if I remember correctly. Its just such a lot of money to pay, so I dont know :wacko: teta, $4000 is crazy!! I thought $1200 was a lot when theres a million other things to pay for. not to mention a lot of us are in debt from fertility services.

Yup its about $1200 upfront here, and then $125 a year for storage...the storage price goes up after 18 years. There is the option to pay for storage for 18 years up front which saves you a bit of money, I think that way the cost gets closer to $4000.

I'm so unsure :(

Hmmmm. Well that price was 3 yrs ago. Maybe w the technology it's gone down. I did get it half price bc of my profession, but i still paid $2000 and we pay around $150 a year. Like I said if the technology was evolving more I would put more thought into it. But it seems to be at a stand still of sorts....

Mrs B---> OMG...it's crunch time now! I can only imagine how miserable you are at this point. I'm only 31 weeks with 1 and I couldn't even find a position where I could help DS with his homework last night. I feel alot bigger this pregnancy than the other two. Maybe that's why I'm miserable...I'm just big. I've gained 20 lbs but I swear its all belly and boobs!

Urch-So glad the kitchen is taking shape. Glad I'm not the only one who can't seem to think straight too lol.

Teta-I haven't thought much on the cord banking. Perhaps I should look into it.

AFM-I'm still doing iron iv's daily and they added a B12 shot too. I take a B12 for 10 days in a row. I do feel some better as I managed to get off the couch and cook supper last night after I ran around all day with kids and activities and my dr appts.
Has anyone done the B12 injections before?

Just checking in :) I had shower #1 in nj with my family this past saturday & shower #2 with dh family in ny this saturday. We cleaned up already, i can't wait to see what else we are getting. People are so generous. Most bought us double since there are 2. We have both cribs put together & are working hard on the babies room. Finding space is such a challenge.
Mrs. Bear - looks like you made it to the 36 week mark which means all is fully developed. It must be such a relief. So exciting!

Hi Urchin - did you get a date yesterday? Have you had to change much in your diet since the GD diagnosis?

Klein, how did your follow-up go? Are you done with the UTI business?

AFM, not much to report, everything's going well. It seems like my OB visits are too spaced out, after 28 weeks they want to see me at 32 then 36 weeks. All the books say they tend to see you every two weeks by this point. I am committed to restarting a prenatal yoga class, I've used to have a strong yoga practice and thought I was going to carry it throughout pregnancy but that didn't happen. Anyway, hope that taking this class once a week helps me get through the next 11 weeks.

I'm so happy for those of you ladies with due dates coming up in the next month, how incredibly fun and exciting.

Sienna, I started every 2 weeks at 26 weeks. I guess every doctor or midwife may he different.

Marie, yay for cleaning up at your showers! That is a huge help for getting things ready.

Klein, I had to have a B12 shot last week. I didn't notice a huge difference. My doctor said the one I got lasted for 2 weeks. We are trying to find ways to avoid me doing the drive in everyday, so thankfully he found a routine that seems to help. I also the the remedy from my naturopath is helping me.

MrsB, how are you doing? I keep wondering if we are going to see you post a picture of your sweetie pies!

My midwife appointment got cancelled so I never found out if those period pains are weird BH. I am just going with the idea that they are. It makes everything seem so close!

I am feeling better pain wise because I am learning what is too much. Laundry is not a good idea because I have lots of stairs to do. And no going out unless I don't have to walk. Which sucks because I love walking and planned on doing it to help speed up labour later on. I am hoping if I am careful now I can do more for labour. FX.

I hope you are all well!

Marie - sounds like you got some really useful stuff at your showers ... very thoughtful of people to get you double - the expense of twins can be quite scary!

Hi Urchin - did you get a date yesterday? Have you had to change much in your diet since the GD diagnosis?

I did indeed! We will get to meet Eenie on 2nd October - in 19 little days time!
It is feeling so close now and I really can't wait ... it is a bit of a race against time to get the kitchen done though - so far the base units and worktops have been fitted, but only some of the doors, no wall units and no cooker/sink/washing machine!

Dietwise I've obviously cut out sugar, but the surprise thing is that milk seems to make my blood sugars spike - so I have cut that out too

Klein - glad the iron is giving you a bit of your oomph back :thumbup:

Care - I'm finding stairs difficult too - it takes me a good 5 minutes to recover from going upstairs! luckily for me my bathroom is downstairs as I'm now weeing every half hour or so :wacko:

Not sure if I have any actual news today - I have a breast feeding workshop at 12.30, other than that today is clear.

... 19 days and counting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->