LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Urch, wow 19 days! That is right around the corner!!! I am so excited to see pictures from the hospital of all your precious little ones and to hear experiences.

Every time somebody asks me how long I have or says you must be due any day, and I tell them October 19, they all respond by saying something like Oh no, you're not going to last that long. How in heck do they know?! Or somebody responded this week by asking if I was having twins after they found out I still had over 5 weeks left. I find it pretty rude considering I don't know these people. I am getting big, but I have seen women much bigger.

It is past 5:30 am now and I just can't sleep. I didn't take my oat straw today and I do notice a difference when I take it. I sleep better if I drink the tea twice a day. Started red raspberry leaf as well. Any body else taking anything to tone their uterus?

wow urch thats so exciting! my 40th bday is Oct 1, I do wonder if bub will come as an early bday present. Then again it means I will lose my bday from now on, as it will be all about him Im sure!

Care I thought the raspberry leaf was to try and start labour (my friend drank it and it worked), what is this toning thing? does it taste disgusting? Im not very good at drinking things that are not nice to taste. Im going to buy that Snuza Halo this weekend :thumbup: also found a great deal on a crib, changing table and glider, all for $800. I wasnt buying the crib yet as we have the bassinette, but I may get this deal as I wouldnt mind having the changing table and glider now.

I booked my induction acupuncture for Sept 28th, thats the day after my mum arrives from England and I will be 39 weeks. she says it only works if your body is ready....if cervix is still tight then its not a miracle treatment but may get things moving. so it may take multiple sessions but thats ok, I just really want to try natural induction ahead of time.

Im term this weekend, unbelievable. going for biophysical profile when Im 38 weeks to check placenta is working, fluid etc. If theres any concerns Im induced, they say at my age they dont want me going over DD too far.

wow its going to be an exciting month ahead on this thread :happydance:

So exciting that we are all getting so close!

Care, I can't believe people are so rude! Some people should just keep their thoughts to themselves!!

care - that is super rude!
why do people think they can make such personal comments just because we're pregnant???

sarah - term this weekend - how fab is that! - I think I'm term on Monday :dance:

Today I've been to a BF workshop, which was interesting - the kitchen fiter was meant to be here this afternoon, but I've arrived home and there's no sign of him :(
Gahhhhhh!

Sarah, raspberry leaf takes weeks to really work and all it does is tone the uterus and possibly make the second stage of labour go more smoothly. I was told to take it by my midwife at 33 weeks but I forgot and I am not 35 weeks tomorrow. There are some very few instances where it can cause early labour, but that is why you usually wait till the third tri to take it.

Oats and raspberry leaf are both high in magnesium so technically they should slow contractions and make your nervous system more relaxed.

I have chamomile tea to take about two weeks before my due date. It is like a very mild muscle relaxer and you don't want to take it too early.

I don't drink the RRL, I take it in capsule form and have for years. I drink the oat straw and it hardly has a taste. That and chamomile I add a bit of stevia to and they aren't bad. I am NOT a tea drinker. I drink water and the occasional smoothie. Once or twice a year I may have chocolate milk. No tea, no coffee, no pop, no juice! If I can do it than anybody can. You should taste fever few tea (not while pregnant), it is NASTY.

I didn't want a glider at first either, but then changed my mind. I am glad I did. It is relaxing. That sounds like a great deal for all of them! We are using my husbands dresser from when he was little as a changer. It is almost done being refinished.

Full term, wow. I am a couple weeks behind you ladies. 35 weeks tomorrow.

A girl I know from cycling with had her water break last night. We had our retrievals the same day and have the same due date, it makes it feel so close. You just never know. I am nowhere near ready, and hoping this guy hangs on longer. I am sure he will.

Urch-That is so close and exciting! Sorry the fiter didn't show. That stinks.

Care-That's horrible to have people say that. I agree, it's something about pregnancy that people think they can say anything to you. Good comments or bad. It's really annoying.
I'm a few weeks behind you lol so at least your not in last place! 32 weeks Saturday...yay!
It is crazy to hear that shares your due date's water broke! I can't imagine. I've been induced both times so the idea of going into labor naturally or even early is hard for me to wrap my mind around!

Sarah-That sounds fab about the acupuncture and your mom coming! I have thought about giving it a try this go round. Let me know what it feels like. I've never had anything like that done before! I'm excited to see how it works for you :)

Mrs. B- Do you have everything ready to go? Camera batteries charged? Bag packed? All systems go? EEK! I'm so excited for you :) I keep thinking I'll sign on and you'll be in early labor or have had the babies already!

fitter dropped by to say he's coming all day tomorrow ... I have absolutely everything crossed that he does!

Appointment today went well, though it took forever because today's Dr always seems to run behind...

Passed the non-stress test and had the final ultrasound. Boy measures 6lb 8oz and girl measures 6lb 9oz - for over 13 pounds of baby! The girl didn't want to cooperate when it was time for them to check her breathing so they had to use a noisemaker thing to wake her up and get her to move. She was not amused... :haha:

All in all got great marks for the appointment and all is on track for Tuesday! Only 5 more days...

Car seats are in the car, bag is mostly packed except for throwing in a few toiletries. Newborn and 0-3 clothes are washed and ready with diapers and wipes on standby. A few things left to do prepwise. Still stuff to do in the nursery, but those require DH to help so have to get to pushing him on that on the next day he isn't working til all hours. We are getting there :thumbup:

MrsB - Tuesday sounds so close!

Looks like you have everything under control - just a matter of getting through the weekend now :thumbup:

Can't wait to see pics of your new arrivals xxx

Wow MrsB those are great weights! I am glad your checkup went so well. 5 days and you will get to meet your little bears! You are doing wonderful and try to relax. Your DH can finish some things after if he has to. Try to rest as soon you will have 2 babies!

Urch-Maybe he'll show up today as planned.

Mrs B-Those are great weights. Sounds like you've got it together! Car seats in the car...that makes it real to me :)

I haven't even thought about a car seat in the car! We still have so much to get. We're waiting to see what things we get at our shower first, then we'll have to fill in the gaps. Our friend and my mom are going in together to get the carseat/stroller though. So that's one less thing to worry about. I've got a list of what all we need.

I went in the nursery last night and looked around. Been so busy I haven't been doing much in there these days. I guess it's almost ready. I need to put a curtain up. It's pretty simple since the walls are so busy. Anyway, I relaxed and sat in the glider rocking for a bit taking it all in lol. Wondering if I'm carrying a little boy or a girl. (I suspect boy but I could be totally wrong!) DH came in after a while and said, are you in my babies room? He's super excited to be a daddy. He does consider my kids his but I told him it'll be different getting one from the start of life. (We started dating when my youngest was 3yo so that's pretty close) Then he'll realize why I'm so crazy all the time hehe.

OT but DH will be working an outage at work and be on night shift starting OCT 20th. Working 12 hour shifts possibly 6-7 days a week. He's going to take off 5-7 days when I have the baby but that schedule is going to stink! I'm not going to have a lot of help. Glad he's working and getting a paycheck though so trying to be thankful for that!

Klein, the fitter has been here all day :dance: it's starting to look like a kitchen in there!

I love going in and looking at Eenie's nursery - it makes it feel so real and welcoming of our little girlie :cloud9:

I've had the midwife come round today to talk me through the c-section, which was fab. I feel a lot more prepared now I know blow by blow what is going to happen.
I managed to stop myself apologising too much for the state of the house - but it was a supreme effort :haha:

Lol about apologizing urch! So glad he's making progress! I know your thrilled. Glad she came by to give you the play by play. I'm such a control freak I'd have to know what's going on! I'm sure it puts your mind at ease too!

Getting my last iron iv as i post on my iPhone w my left hand lol! Yay!!!

yay urch, do we get to see photos?

klein Im not sure if I knew the DH wasnt the biological father of your other kids, thats so nice he thinks of them as his own but also nice he will experience his own biological.... does he have a preference for boy or girl? my hubby is also working long hours, so am I, trying to get ready. We are both self employed so when we dont work we dont get paid, so trying to make up for it now. We can only afford for him to take 2 weeks off, and I will work when I can at home but luckily my business kinda runs itself if it needs to.

care I didnt realize you could take capsules of the raspberry, Im going to go to my local health store and ask after my next MW apt. I didnt know about chamomile and oat straw either. I only like my tea english style with milk and sugar, those herbal things are not 'teas' to me!!! my hubby drinks all that.

oh heres a couple of the shots from my maternity shoot, I went for the arty look!

Attachments

• mat6.jpg
    mat6.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 6
  • mat2.jpg
    mat2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
  • mat3.jpg
    mat3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 4
it was really good to find out what to expect klein - I'm not much good at going with the flow either :thumbup:

I'll put some pics up once it's finished Sarah - promise!

welcome wwbx!

think we've been hiding here all the time - but the mods do occasionally move threads about, so we might have started out someplace else :D

when are you due?

Sarah - love the pics!

Mrs.bear - great weights & sounds like everything may be on schedule.

Care - i get the same comments like "i bet you hope they come any day now bc you're getting so big" from stangers and my dad. Or "you look like you will go early." maybe they think they are saying something nice, but if they came now, that's 2 months in the nicu and a lot of stress and anxiety so no that is not my wish.

Can't wait to see some births on this thread soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->