LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

I just wanted to say that I have been thinking of MrsB all morning and I can't wait to see an update and soon pics!!!! :hugs:

Urch, yay for watermelons! I have a week and a half to wait until I turn into one. :)

Yay urch! So glad your a watermelon :)
I keep stalking for Mrs. B too!!!!

Well, my kitchen is in!!!!!!!!!!!

Just need the man to come back to connect up the cooker (which he can't do til Friday) and then we are up and running.
Me and Mr Urch have cleaned everything and started putting things in cupboards - trouble is, I can't decide what is going where :((

The bulk of the putting back might have to wait until tomorrow when I might be a bit more decisive!

Care, hope you have a wonderful anniversary weekend! You're giving him the best present.

Urchin, yay for finishing your kitchen! You're so close to the end of your pregnancy, how awesome.

Sarah, you asked about BDing. My DH has had it good up to now. I was a horny pregnant woman through the first and second trimesters. Then a couple of weeks ago my sex drive just died, he's a little confused but going along with it.

Hope everyone else is doing great.

Congrats to MrsB and her beautiful healthy babies!!!!!! Good weights for those twinnies. :) I hope you are able to get some rest and spend quality time with them too.

Thanks Sienna!

Urch, good luck with the figuring out where things go!

AFM, I had a midwife appointment and baby is engaged or behind the pelvic bone already. I know with your first they can be like that for quite some time, but it makes me excited to think things are moving along! I kind of figured since I have had a ton of pressure down there and those pains.

Cheers laydeez, I plan a slow-paced day of putting things in cupboards today - which I know is a tad pedestrian but will satisfy my nesting urges a treat!

I've not seen MrsB's news, so think I'm gonna scuttle over to her journal for a shufty :D

Urch-Good luck getting everything sorted and situated. I know your excited to be done with the kitchen.

Care-Hope you have a great anniversary weekend as well. :) I'm sure it's comforting and exciting to know that things are moving in the right direction with labor!

I'm getting ready for maternity pics later today. Maybe they will go well. Such a chore to get everyone ready and myself and props etc. Hope it will be worth it!

I've been really down the past few days. I can't help but worry about getting my LO here safely. I just feel like it's almost an unreachable finish line that somehow someway I won't make it to and everything be ok. We've had 2 early mc's and it was always hard for me to 'connect' and 'bond' properly with the pregnancies to follow. Now that I'm getting so far along it's almost like I feel myself putting up emotional barriers to prepare for the worst :( It's horrible. I look back at how far I've come. What all it took for me to GET pregnant and STAY pregnant. It would be unbearable to have it all taken away. UGH, emotional melt down over...

Klein, how did your pics go? I'm realizing worrying is a natural part of pregnancy. We are so much closer each day to having these babies but it's still nerve-wracking. Vent all you want, that's what we're here for.

Klein - you've summed up how I'm feeling beautifully ... even though I only have 11 days to go, there's a part of me that just keeps niggling and nagging away 'you're not out of the woods yet; it could still all go wrong you know'. I don't think I will properly believe it until Eenie is safely in my arms - until then I think there will be that part of me expecting to fall at the last hurdle. :(

Its sucks that those of us that struggle to get here can't help but have that fear :(

Ive been feeling the same, so excited but want to get over that last hurdle and have him here safely. some of me still doesnt believe I actually have a human in there, and some of me believes it but worries about his safe arrival.

38 weeks for me today, 1 week till acupuncture induction :happydance:

Sarah-I know your counting down! I hope the appt works for you!!!

Thanks ladies for the support. At least I know I'm not alone in feeling that way! Maternity pics went beautifuly. I am VERY pleased with them. I can't wait to show you a few. I will shrink them down and post some when we get back in town. I do think that having the pics done helped me feel better and be a bit more excited again so that's a plus. Not to mention I was dreading doing them so badly...I can mark that off of my to do list now!

I'm feeling different movements today. I'm sure that LO has changed positions...not sure in which direction though. Maybe I'll be able to tell more as the day goes on.

We are leaving in a bit to go out of town til Sunday. I'm dreading the long hours in the car! DH and I NEED some time alone though so I'm looking forward to it! Just have to get everyone all packed up and we'll be good to go :)

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend!!!

morning all!
Klein - i'm looking forward to seeing your maternity pics, it's not something I have really wanted to do but I do love other people's

...and guess what?
I have 10 days to go :dance: How utterly fab is that?
Of course on Tuesday they may decide it's less, but 10 is the maximum left til Eenie Day :dance:

i purchased raspberry leaf capsules today, as Im know myself and will hate the tea and wont drink it. find conflicting info online saying its mainly for conditioning the uterus and wont bring on labour, but a friend went into labour shortly after starting the tea (co-incidence maybe). Im just starting off with 2 tablets a day until friday @ 39 weeks (and my mum arrives from england thursday) and will do the max 5 tablets a day. Care you are taking the tea I think, how does it compare to capsules? I hear the tea is better but I just know I wouldnt like it.

klein cant wait to see the photos!

urch ooh wonder if they will bring forward

I have my biophysical profile scan on monday where they check placenta and everything is working well, cant wait to see my lil man :cry:

SINGLE FIGURES :wohoo:
Whatever happens it's now less than 10 days til I meet Eenie Beans :cloud9:
I think it has just started to hit Mr Urch - he keeps looking at me with an OMG! expression on his face, and he seems to have started nesting!

He's currently running up and down stairs bringing more kitchen things down and sorting out the front bedroom - can't complain at that :thumbup:

just had my biophysical profile scan, the tech cant say much but she said he was 'heading in the right direction' and that he was moving well and practicing his breathing. i have my midwife apt tomorrow so can get the results, Im hoping it will show a shortening of the cervix!!

Why did they do a biophysical scan Sarah? I've never heard of that and as far as I'm told, will not be getting another scan.

Its great things are heading in the right direction though!

because Im old!!

they only do for younger people when you are around 41 weeks and dont want an induction I believe, its to check the placenta is working, fluid levels and that bub is practicing breathing normally (she said it can be a sign of distress if they are not). my MW said that a recommendation came out recently to do at 38 weeks for people my age. I am glad as she kept talking about my age but not doing any extra monitoring which I thought wasnt fair if you are going to keep mentioning it!

Haha aww Sarah you're not old! I wouldn't mind some extra monitoring to put my mind at ease. Actually by the sounds of it you're not having too much extra monitoring... 17 years ago my mom was pregnant with my brother when she was 38, and back then they thought that was way too old. She had different blood tests and scans weekly - she was monitored up the wooha. They've relaxed on "advanced maternal age" now that its more and more common for women to have babies a little later in life....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->