LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

klein - pretty much all is ready for the arrival ... except the cooker isn't connected yet, but I've been lent a 2 ring hob so if worst comes to the worst we can carry on with that

But yeah, all done apart from that :thumbup:

just got back from mw, everything looked great on scan yesterday so thats good. but cervix etc all normal, nothing happening! she said my pains today could be my body starting to get ready. she mentioned doing a stretch and sweep end of next week if I want, would you guys get one? got some iron tabs to see if my tiredness gets better. she said he feels lower but not engaged.
other than that back next week :coffee:

Hey sarah - good news that all is well, but pants that nothing is happening :(

Hope he gets a wriggle on soon xxx

I am concerned. Baby didn't move well yesterday. I ended up pulling out my doppler and checking for hb. It was there and good. The only 'active' spell it had was when I went thru wendy's drive thru and got a chocolate frosty. That seemed to wake it up a bit for about a half hour. Then there wasn't much movement at all the rest of the night or this morning. I checked doppler again this morning and it has a strong HB. I've felt really dizzy today too. Like I'll just be sitting here and the room starts spinning a bit like I'm drunk! Any suggestions? Am I overreacting? How much movement is not enough???

Called doc, did kick count. Apparently my LO likes scaring the heck out of me. It's awake and very lively now lol! So glad. Think I'll take a nap now :)

Eenie does this to me too klein - she'll go very quiet for a few hours then just as I'm considering ringing the hospital, she wriggles about like nobody's business!

hi everyone! I can't believe how much, yet how little is going on here!! Where are all of the babies??? They are all way too cozy, time to start marching out!! :haha: It makes me so happy that besides for a few ups and downs, everyone has had uncomplicated pregnancies, we all deserve it!! Cant wait to start seeing pics off all of these miracle babies! :happy dance:

AFM, officially full term today and in the "3 week wait". This is the point with DD that I started to go crazy not knowing when it would be!! Although Im probably the only one around here hoping to go a few days post dates! I just feel like I need all the extra time I can get while DD is still my "baby" :cry: Although I can really live without the horrific heart burn that has come. Tums and mylanta stopped working, so now I am no to prilosec. Is anyone else taking anything? I really don't want to, but its a pain like I have never felt before :nope:. So I figure a few weeks of meds hopefully will be ok for this already development baby. Last week at my ultrasound baby was 6 lbs 2 oz, right on track. As much as Im in no rush, I'm really excited to meet him/her, find out if its a him or her, and see DD as a big sister!! SO CLOSE!! (YET SO FAR AWAY :haha:)

klein I find my bubs is quiet for long periods, then goes crazy for 15 mins....or sometimes I dont feel much all day apart from a movement of a leg here and there. But he is perfect on the scan so I try not to worry. as long as the HB is good then try not to worry, perhaps theres just less room so you are not feeling it the same.

teta my hb has been terrible, I actually vomit acid. I suffer from it anyway (my dad did too). the only thing that works for me is Zantac 150 mg x 2 a day and drinking Gaviscon. I sometimes have to take 3 Zantac in a day, my MW said try not to but the pharmacist said up to 4 (600) is actually allowed and wont affect bubs. I figure Im healthy apart from that so hope its ok.

A week Sunday is my DD, I have a feeling now that he might be on time or even late. I really want him to be an October baby so thats ok. My 40th is on Monday which is the 1st so he can come anytime after that!

Klein - I wouldn't worry too much either. I found though that days I am extra gassy I feel baby on the inside less. If I place my hand on my tummy I can feel him kick my hand but not inside. Kick counts are the best way to be sure though!

Sarah - I would definitely consider a sweep if it was an option. Why not help the process along? Also Zantac is perfectly fine for heartburn, don't worry at all!

Teta - Long time no see! Happy "Term" Day! Exciting we're both term today. I can totally understand your mixed feelings of wanting baby here but wanting to enjoy DD as well. I'm sure she'll be a great big sister!

AFM - not much going on. I decided to take a video of my belly last night when bubs was moving around lots. For the entire minute of the video my belly is jumping about, its hilarious. Will post the link in my journal shortly....

Teta-I feel the same way...so close but so far away. At least your closer than me lol :) Being team yellow its added suspense/excitement to find out what it is too!!!

Urch-So glad you have everything done and taken care of!

Dis-Too funny about your 'belly dance'. I tried to record mine once and it didn't work, as soon as I got it ready then Baby Klein decided to be shy!

My stroller/car seat arrived yesterday and I assembled it this morning. It's like a Christmas gift lol...so much fun! I've got to go tomorrow and see about finding something to wear to my shower on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to visiting with everyone. It's a couple/family shower so there will hopefully be lots of friends and family there that we don't get to see very often. I'm not really expecting lots of gifts or things just the celebrating of being pregnant and baby almost being here! Feels like its been a long journey. HEHE if it's a girl it will be named Journee :)

I also ordered the hospital door hanger online at etsy. It's a gender neutral color and the lady was nice enough to do a boy and a girl name cut letters so we can just glue the correct name on it. I always bring the babies door hanger home and hang it on their door at the house for the first year or so. Plus it's made out of lots of ribbon so if it is a girl it can serve as a bow holder! If it's a boy...its just cute decoration lol. I'll try to post a pic of it when it arrives!

I have never heard of a hospital door hanger :shrug:
Pics please!

Urch, I don't know what that door hanger thing is either...

Sarah, wow, one week from Sunday!!!! I can't believe how fast time is going.

Dis, I took a video the other day too. It is so weird to see it that way, isn't it?

Teta, woohoo for full term!

AFM, I had cramping on and off with radiating like low back pain last night and this morning. About 20-30 minutes apart. But then after about 10 hours they were less frequent. It freaked me out because I wasn't ready so I am working my butt off doing packaging lol.

Care - it's just all so uncertain right now isn't it? Almost like being back in first tri :wacko:

Care-It's crunch time for you! Good luck getting your packing done!

I'm up early for a Saturday morning! DD is competing in her first gymnastics meet today. She is super nervous! I hope her nerves don't get the best of her :) Can't wait to watch her do her routines!!! :happydance:

Here are the pics of the door hanger. We just have to glue the name in place when baby gets here! It's pretty common to do door hangers here in the states, or at least where I'm from. Just another way for people to make and spend their money I guess lol. Some people order them from florists and some people make their own etc.

The colors used in the door hanger are the same colors used for my shower and that's about as gender neutral (w/o using neutrals) that I could think of!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend. :flower:

Attachments

• IMG_0971.jpg
    IMG_0971.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0972.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1
Oh that's pretty Klein!
nope, never seen those over here ... do people take them into hospital?
or are they for when you get home?

Cute Klein! I live in NJ and work in the baby section of a hospital and have never seen or heard of one!!! So it must be something by area I guess??

Urch- it soooo soon for u!!!!! How many days now???

Babies where are you??? We are waiting!!!

Just 3 days Teta!

and I really want them to hurry by ... am having a really meh day today: to uncomfortable to really do anything/go anywhere, can't be arsed to entertain myself and there's no one here to play with :(
Roll on Tuesday!

Very cool Klein! I have never seen or heard of one either.

klein Ive never heard of them either, but its very pretty :thumbup:

wow cant believe we should have some babies on this thread in the next week :happydance:

I had my acupuncture yesterday, ouch the ones in the feet hurt. when I got home I notice my lower bump looks a different shape, like its dropped a bit, but that could have happened before the acu I didnt notice. she adjusted me after and said she thought the head was engaged, but I will see what my MW says on tuesday. going again for acu on monday. I woke hubby up at 2am to have my way with him and get some sperm to my cervix :rofl:

care we got the snuza this week, and a camera hubby is going to set up on a tripod for monitoring (wired of course!).

have a lovely weekend everyone, weird to think it might be mine and hubbies last weekend on our own.

Maybe the door hanger is a Southern tradition lol. You do hang it on the door at the hospital and then take it home as a keepsake for LO. Some hang it on their front door for a few days after coming home too. (that sorta weirds me out as its advertising to strangers---thinking someone might try to come take it!!!)

Urch---OMG Tuesday is so close. Of course these last days will probably drag on! Maybe you can find a comfortable position and relax the next few days so you'll be well rested and ready to go come Tuesday!

Care- That's cool about the acu. I have tender feet, I don't know how I'd be able to handle that! Plus, I can't even find my feet to try to pretty them up. I'd probably gross someone out! I have thought about the acu and massaging around my last week. I don't suppose it would hurt and I may like it and find it relaxing which would be great!

Let me just take a minute to say that I am one proud mommy! DD's gymnastic meet was a huge success. This was her first time to compete at anything. She had literally been worrying herself sick over it since Monday of this week. Everyday before school she was dreading being one day closer to Saturday. Having said all of that...here are her placings.
Bars-1st place
Beam-1st place
Floor-2nd place
Vault-2nd place
Over All-1st place!!!!!
She did an amazing job and I couldn't be prouder! YAY FOR PARRIS--MY LITTLE GYMNAST!

Now, for you ladies closer than me---BRING ON THE BABIES!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE LITTLE ONES!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->