LTTTC while feeling left behind Room - Welcome

here_we_r

LTTTC\2ndary infertility
Reaction score
This thread is for anyone who is LTTTC and feel left behind. This was inspired and dedicated to a few of my journal friends who are still in this hard cruel game of TTC.

EVERYONE LTTTC is Welcome!

I guess I'll go first since no one knows about this room yet :rofl:

I've been TTC for 19 months this month. I have secondary infertility. Been through 3 IUI's and now this is my second month on clomid, estrogen, and prometrium. So that's about it on me.

Here...you know me, but I'll put up my info for any new ladies :)

Jan 2013 will mark our 2 year mark of LTTTC. I have PCOS (which is kicking my ass) and my hubby has so/so count with 5% morphology.

I've had a normal HSG, tried 6 months clomid, metformin ( :devil: ), fertilaid, softcups, clearblue fertility monitor, opks, IUI with femara, and nothing has EVER given me that bfp we're so desperately seeking. We did talk about IVF with ICSI but backed off on the idea so now that I'm ovulating by myself (for the time being) we're just hanging out and RELAXING :dohh:

I have a lap scheduled for Nov 15th because I have LOTS of symptoms of endometriosis also, but I have to reschedule because we just booked a trip to Mexico!! :happydance: We're trying to take care of us first...the surgery can wait a month or two. :thumbup:

Welcome ladies! Excited to get to know more of you!

Teddy!! I see you lurking!! I'll invite some other girls :)

Haha!! i was reading but didn't have time to comment earlier! Busted!! :haha:

Is this thread supposed to be in the journals section? :shrug:

Hm, how do i sum up our journey to people that dont know me? I'm 31 and have been ttc 2.5 yrs. I've had 2 natural bfp's 2 yrs ago and m/c's and nothing since. I ovulate on my own, but my progesterone numbers have always been low, so the doctors say i have weak ovulaitons. I had a robotic myomectomy to remove 3 fibroids in March. I did 4 rounds of clomid last year and am on my
4th consective month of clomid for this year. I'm currently haveing an hcg injection, progesterone, and estrogen. I'm a chronic spotter as well :dohh: After this cycle, i will be going natural until i decide i'm ready to get ivf. I'm also going to counseling...its a lifesaver for infertility!

I hope we see some new ltttc'ers up in here!

HI here and Gdane!! thanks for creating this!:hugs:

Thank you so much for the invite Gdane!!
Hiya ladies!! :) I am 29 years old and hubs is 45

Hubs and I originally started ttc years back with our first significant others (thankfully it didn't happen!) but we both felt an indication that we could possibly have issues, especially since both of our exes had or now have children... for me to start with... I was prone to hemoragic cysts on my ovaries since my teenage years and eventually had one that grew to be the size of a grapefruit and had to get it removed...while they preformed they procedure they also realized that I had mild endometreosis but they didn't indicate it was a big deal...in between all of that time I had a lot of stress and wasn't very healthy but i attempted two IUI's since further tests indicated that my ex wasn't the problem and he had a child of his own. I took clomid for over 8 cycles and did trigger shot and all we tried for a total of around 3 years , but like I said I am very thankful it didn't happen back then, but I have to mention all of this because to me it indicates that I may have some issue I am unaware of, or the endo is possibly worse.
My NOW husband also tried with no luck in his previous marriage and she now has 3 kids so over the years we both have just agreed that we are both broken.
Since I have been married to my husband I have been much healthier, I have quit smoking, I now ovulate on my own and I havent had a cyst in at least 4 years so I think I'm good to go now other than the possible endometreosis still being an issue, hubs and I have been trying for a year and a half and no luck here either.
Recently we went to a few drs and found that his count is very low coming in at 0.3 and his motitlity was down quite a bit too, we are currently waiting on results from the urologist on whether he needs clomid or if its not fixable without assisted conception...its been nerve wracking although we havent been consistant we have charted, used cbfm, preseed, fertilaid you name it all this time and have just found this out in the last couple of weeks...so now its like we are double whammied!!
Well sorry that was such a long ramble but i am so excited to meet you ladies and share our stories together!

Ugh...I feel like I way overposted!! LOL I guess its because I am overwhelmed with the emotion of this waiting game that I am in right now

Pooka........NO Way!!! You did not overpost honey. This is where we will let it hang out. Frustrations, vents, anything good going on. Just anything. I"m so excited to meet you.

So your waiting for the results of your DH sperm count? Do you have any immediate plans on what's next after the count comes back?

Haha!! i was reading but didn't have time to comment earlier! Busted!! :haha:

Is this thread supposed to be in the journals section? :shrug:

Hm, how do i sum up our journey to people that dont know me? I'm 31 and have been ttc 2.5 yrs. I've had 2 natural bfp's 2 yrs ago and m/c's and nothing since. I ovulate on my own, but my progesterone numbers have always been low, so the doctors say i have weak ovulaitons. I had a robotic myomectomy to remove 3 fibroids in March. I did 4 rounds of clomid last year and am on my
4th consective month of clomid for this year. I'm currently haveing an hcg injection, progesterone, and estrogen. I'm a chronic spotter as well :dohh: After this cycle, i will be going natural until i decide i'm ready to get ivf. I'm also going to counseling...its a lifesaver for infertility!

I hope we see some new ltttc'ers up in here!

HI here and Gdane!! thanks for creating this!:hugs:

Teddy!!! Girl. I have no idea where this thing is suppose to be. Do we need to move it. I don't know how to. Where does it belong? I don't know the difference between journals and threads. They all look alike to me. :rofl:

I love the chronic spotter.:lol: It never gets me anywhere so I try to convince myself that it could be or couldn't be. Sneaky devil (my mind) always want me to spot though. :rofl:

Here...you know me, but I'll put up my info for any new ladies :)

Jan 2013 will mark our 2 year mark of LTTTC. I have PCOS (which is kicking my ass) and my hubby has so/so count with 5% morphology.

I've had a normal HSG, tried 6 months clomid, metformin ( :devil: ), fertilaid, softcups, clearblue fertility monitor, opks, IUI with femara, and nothing has EVER given me that bfp we're so desperately seeking. We did talk about IVF with ICSI but backed off on the idea so now that I'm ovulating by myself (for the time being) we're just hanging out and RELAXING :dohh:

I have a lap scheduled for Nov 15th because I have LOTS of symptoms of endometriosis also, but I have to reschedule because we just booked a trip to Mexico!! :happydance: We're trying to take care of us first...the surgery can wait a month or two. :thumbup:

Welcome ladies! Excited to get to know more of you!

Hey girl!!!!!!! You know what? See its good you posted..I didn't know you had did 6 months of clomid. Where they consecutive or did you skip months in between?

Pook, I hope everything turns out okay. I can't believe they didn't give you the results yesterday!!

Here, yes it was 6 consecutive months...and now I'm reading you shouldn't do more than three at a time?!?

Teddy, I didn't know you were thinking about IVF! Looks like we might be turning into a "maybe IVF" club lol. I really hope none of us have to though.

I guess I could have put that I did have a LEEP procedure too july of 2010. They cut precancerous cells out of my cervix. SCARY!! Ugh. Every check up has been clear though.

Also, hubs and I are on our first "rest day" (day 6) of InSaNiTy work out!! He thinks I'm already losing weight by the way that my clothes are fitting :happydance:

Yay!!!! I see you are going strong on the insanity thing. Keep it up girl.

I was trying to read up on clomid yesterday. So many conflicting stories on how long to do it. You know just thinking here they probably should give estrogen or something after taking it after 2 cycles to make sure the lining doesn't get screwed up.

So you only did metformin 1 time?

No I did metformin for a while. I just couldn't handle it anymore. It screwed with my stomach and energy levels so bad. I just didn't think it was worth feeling like such shit all of the time. I even tried the extended release which was better, but nothing like being off of it! ;) I'm debating whether or not to go on bcp again. It helps with my skin and hair issues a lot!! Stupid PCOS symptoms!

I think this should probably be in the LTTTC regular section? I'd email one of the mods.

Hi Pookabear! You could never post too much! we've all been doing this too long and have alot to say!

Here-i guess it doens't really matter where you post it, but journals are usually one girls experience. Like what we do with our journals. The other threads is where this will get more action from others. If you want to move it, i think you ask the help section and they can do it. I need to have my journal moved to the ltttc.

Gdane-yeah i'm thinking of ivf but the only way i can afford it is by taking a travel job and up and moving for a while. I have to find a company that their insurance covers ivf, which ive been in contact with one company already. But, i need to get myself better mentally and get Dh to where he's not going to the doctor as much either because more than likely we would have to move out of state! I don't want to be away from my doctors!! lol

As for the clomid and multiple consecutive months, i think it just depends on your reaction to it. It thins most people's lining out and you have to stop. Luckily, my lining has always been good each cycle i've taken it. I'm only on estrogen now to see if it helps with the spotting.

Thanks ladies! I too can relate to the spotting I get it every month for a week or so before af....I hate it! I have already got hubs s/a results and they have come back super low, but we are doing a repeat Monday. The results I am waiting on now are from the urologist for bloodwork for his hormone levels..the dr says this will determmine if clomid will work or if iui or ivf will be the last options. The sad thing is that they have the results but the m/a wont give them up til the dr. Signs off on them, and he wont be in til Tuesday so for me its that lovely waiting game, as we all have been there lol
gdane amazing for the insanity workout!!!! I want to try that sometime but I have been slacking

Yeah I think it'd get more action in the "LTTTC" threads.

Teddy, that really sucks that you have to search for a job that covers that stuff...at least you have that option though.

Pook, I really hope you don't have to wait til tuesday...what a crock!

I'm joining this thread, I'm just not emotionally well enough right this second to post my story. The witch is with me and I'm really depressed. Give me a day or two and I will share. :)

Cool! Guess what??? She moved it that quick. It was literally a few seconds!!!! These guys are on it. So awesome!!!!!

Lekker. :hugs: We're here when you're ready. I totally know those feelings!!! I just want to hit something, somebody, a rat, just whatever :rofl: Seriously though sweetie..I hope you come out this funk soon. I know I'll be there too. :hugs:

Pooka: Defo get some CoQ10 for your husbands spermies. EXCELLENT stuff. I've read so many good things about it. I actually take it for myself but it works better for men. One girl on here husband had not so good spermies and he took it and by the next month she was pregnant. She lost it but two months later I believe she was pregnant again.

hubs already takes cq10 for his high cholesterol, and fertilaid on top of it :-( thanks for the advice though...maybe he needs to up his dosage??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->