Luck of the BFP! Welcome back groupies and wevwelcome new friends!

Yay Kyla sounds like you hit it right on! I'm pretty sure I O'd yesterday.

I agree with another SA. I even said that to my DH. He said he thought sperm banks will do them. I want to do it at a different place, because I really like this doc, but I want to make sure he isn't saying all this because he wants our money for IVF. The night before DH did his SA when the night the friend came over and was having his PTSD issues (and suicide text) and we took him to rehab, so it was a stressful night.

Rachel- Glad to hear it! Now we can endure the TWW side by side again! LOL here's hoping for more luck than last month!

Pdx- I'm happy to hear your feeling some relief after your appt. And i'm sure that glass of wine was much needed!

Question ladies- do you ever get people telling you "your trying too hard?" Does it upset you? I have gotten to the point where I just can't tell my closest friends/family what is going on with us because that is the response I get. Sometimes I just want to hit them and say, no we have medical issues.

I mean I totally understand that I am trying so hard, but it is more then that. Which is the reason this next 2 (if not more) months I am not really going to to try at all, I mean Ill BD, but relax. I just want to see if their theory is right.

But I am just getting hurt every time someone says that. They just don't understand and it makes me not want to fill them in on my life.

Nikki - I get that all the time. Makes me wish I could keep secrets better

Kyla - best of luck to you too!!! I hope we both get our BFPs! (Everyone else too of course) if not, we are moving into Xmas babies....or are we already at Xmas time?

Thx Rachel. I think we r at thx-giving time. Next cycle I think is Xmas babies

i HATE when people say that! what does it even mean? i'm having too much sex? i'm taking my temp? honestly, if i didnt temp, i'd be F'd. look at my last cycle: i ov'd on day 56! BUT because i temp, i was able to confidnetly go to my drs and say, "i have not ovulated, even though i had pos opk and ewcm. i want these tests, and i want a 7dpo test also, which is NOT a day 21 test for me." and so on. i was also able to show that we are having well-timed intercourse, not just fanicful and not during my fertile window, so i was able to be treated sooner than another couple who was perhaps told to wait a year. another woman in my same shoes without temping would have been clueless - and that is exactly what people who say "youre trying to hard" are - clueless. sorry for the rant, but this is a hot spot for me.

That's why I really won't tell anyone. My mom knows I want a baby, but doesn't know i'm doing OPKs ,etc. so I don't hear too much from her.

BFN today. Feel like i'm out. I'm not gonna test again unless AF is late. She's due on Friday. I'll test Saturday if she's not here.

I feel like people who say, "You are trying too hard" must not understand basic biology. You have to "try" in some way... if you aren't having sex at the right time it won't happen, or if there are issues with sperm or eggs or hormonal issues or blocked tubes or whatever the case may be, it won't happen, and it has nothing to do with how hard you do or do not try.

So here is a rant.

I went to the dentist today for a teeth cleaning. I went to a different dentist with my last pregnancy and they did a cleaning, no issue. With this dentist I asked if they would do X-Rays since I was pregnant. The receptionist asked me, "Do you have a doctor's note?"
"To have a routine cleaning?"
"Yes, we require all pregnant patients to have a note OKing from their doctors before examining them."
"Just to examine me?"
"Yes, we won't touch you unless you have a note from your doctor."

So I call my doctor and ask if they think it is necessary. They say some dentists ask for these notes, but some don't. They said I could go into my gp's office and request a quick lab just so they have a test on file, then they would write the note. I told them no, since my intake appt is tomorrow anyway (assign me my ob, take all my bloods, schedule my first scan, etc...). So I had to reschedule my dentist appt for next week. So now I wasted 2.5 hours of my paid sick time for no reason at all.... arrgghhh....

Emily! Ugh that sucks! I'd be a bit frustrated. Laaaame. Woot woot intake appointment tomorrow! What fun! Lol. I can't wait until your first scan!!! How have you been feeling?! :hugs:

thanks ladies, I really need this support. Thanks Mirolee! The other night my DH's best friend (who is getting married this weekend) told him that we are trying too hard. It really hurt the DH who knows our issues. The only reason conversation was brought up was because DH was saying to his friend that if you want kids sometimes it takes a while, so don't wait too long to make sure you are all good to have the kids and the younger you are the easier it is.

Jeeeees that's mad, just for a check up you need a doctors note?! Wow, now that is covering their ar*es!
Oooh the first step tomorrow, will you find out the date of your scan?

Alright, so I guess it's time to confess i'm a much worse POAS addict than I let on to be :blush: I guess i'm a little ashamed that I spend so much on tests and have such little willpower, so I just kind of keep it to myself. LOL.

But I took an equate test last night and swore I could see the faintest of faint + signs. Even now that it's dry I can still see it (these tests dry SO light though it's crazy!) So of course I was so worked up last night freaking out thinking maybe this is it!!! Was hoping for a nice line on an OSOM this morning, obviously too much to ask for!!! Grrrr. WHY do I always get my hopes up?! I think next cycle i'll just not test at all until AF's late. Going to take as much will power as I can muster up, but I gotta stop going through HPTs so fast.

Here's my test from last night, and OSOM from this morning. Seeing faint lines which I know is just wishful thinking, since I see faint lines on almost every test I pee on. The equate obviously had to be an evap even though it showed up in the time frame, cuz i'm sure the OSOM would register and show before an equate.

This TTC business is so stressful :(

Attachments

• tests 002.jpg
    tests 002.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 7
  • tests 003.jpg
    tests 003.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 5
  • tests 005.jpg
    tests 005.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 6
  • tests 006.jpg
    tests 006.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 5
They will schedule the appt tomorrow, but I am assuming around 8 weeks like last time.

I was feeling pretty yucky this morning by the time I (finally) got to work, and I actually threw up a little brushing my teeth this morning (gross....), but it hit me like, out of no where. I wasn't even feeling queasy. I was having hot flashes and kind of gaggy when I got into work though.

I have been very gassy and constipated, and I already had to go with pants un-buttoned and un-zipped out to dinner last night. I have a lot of twinges and pulls and pokes in my uterus area. I'm generally uncomfortable, but I don't mind it at all! I welcome all the pains and discomfort! Yes, even the feeling of being hungover or motion-sick. It is actually very reassuring.

Cassidy - LOL! You must stop this madness!!! BUT, keep going through the tests. If AF comes, make sure you have no more on hand for next month, then DON'T BUY ANYMORE! You can't pee on anything if you don't have them on hand! Cold turkey is the only way to go. There is no weaning off of a POAS addiction.

i HATE when people say that! what does it even mean? i'm having too much sex? i'm taking my temp? honestly, if i didnt temp, i'd be F'd. look at my last cycle: i ov'd on day 56! BUT because i temp, i was able to confidnetly go to my drs and say, "i have not ovulated, even though i had pos opk and ewcm. i want these tests, and i want a 7dpo test also, which is NOT a day 21 test for me." and so on. i was also able to show that we are having well-timed intercourse, not just fanicful and not during my fertile window, so i was able to be treated sooner than another couple who was perhaps told to wait a year. another woman in my same shoes without temping would have been clueless - and that is exactly what people who say "youre trying to hard" are - clueless. sorry for the rant, but this is a hot spot for me.

Totally took the words right out of my mouth! Couldn't have explained this better myself. Nice work!

I know, I know. My DF will find a wrapper and be like "BABE! You said you weren't going to take another!!!!" UGH. SOMEONE FIND ME WILLPOWER BECAUSE WHEN IT COMES TO POAS I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NONE. I mean hell, I took two OSOMs after my period just to have 'test tests'. LMAO. I NEED HELP!!!!

Question ladies- do you ever get people telling you "your trying too hard?" Does it upset you? I have gotten to the point where I just can't tell my closest friends/family what is going on with us because that is the response I get. Sometimes I just want to hit them and say, no we have medical issues.

I mean I totally understand that I am trying so hard, but it is more then that. Which is the reason this next 2 (if not more) months I am not really going to to try at all, I mean Ill BD, but relax. I just want to see if their theory is right.

But I am just getting hurt every time someone says that. They just don't understand and it makes me not want to fill them in on my life.

Oh gosh all the freaking time....i feel like slapping them wen they say tht and then they move on to say..be patient...wat the fuck do u know...how is it goin to happen on its own...u dont even know how my body is working....i dont know tht i dont have healthy ovulations...u dont know how painful it is to have lost your pregnancies...u dont know anything....so shut the fuck up...sorry girls...this is a sensitive one for me...wen i told one of my very close gfs abt my recent loss she startedscolding me abt trying too fast...she was like im not suprised at all tht this happened..y didnt u wait at least for a yr..i cudnt believe my ears tht i was hearing this...she happens to b one of those ppl who dont really care abt having a child and thinks if its meant to happen it will happen on its own and she doesnt need to give it special time...uugghhh....i just told her i cudnt talk to her right then if this was how she felt and told her ill call her later...have sworn to myself not to talk to any1 other than my mom,dh and my bestie abt this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->