Luck of the BFP! Welcome back groupies and wevwelcome new friends!

So here is a rant.

I went to the dentist today for a teeth cleaning. I went to a different dentist with my last pregnancy and they did a cleaning, no issue. With this dentist I asked if they would do X-Rays since I was pregnant. The receptionist asked me, "Do you have a doctor's note?"
"To have a routine cleaning?"
"Yes, we require all pregnant patients to have a note OKing from their doctors before examining them."
"Just to examine me?"
"Yes, we won't touch you unless you have a note from your doctor."

So I call my doctor and ask if they think it is necessary. They say some dentists ask for these notes, but some don't. They said I could go into my gp's office and request a quick lab just so they have a test on file, then they would write the note. I told them no, since my intake appt is tomorrow anyway (assign me my ob, take all my bloods, schedule my first scan, etc...). So I had to reschedule my dentist appt for next week. So now I wasted 2.5 hours of my paid sick time for no reason at all.... arrgghhh....

gosh thts so frustrating just for a checkup...butim so glad to hear tht your all sick with the pregnancy...heheh(obviously in a gud way) all good things hun :hugs:

Cassidy - LOL! You must stop this madness!!! BUT, keep going through the tests. If AF comes, make sure you have no more on hand for next month, then DON'T BUY ANYMORE! You can't pee on anything if you don't have them on hand! Cold turkey is the only way to go. There is no weaning off of a POAS addiction.

i totally agree with emily abt goin thro all of them and in wishful thinking not having the need to buy more for a long time...and on the other hand if u wont have any to cant test....:haha:

my bff who got pregnant on her second cycle, after we had already been trying for 3 cycles, told me to "hurry up and get pregnant so we can have our babies together". i was SO stung by her words - i know she didnt mean it harshly, but to say something so flippantly just goes straight to my heart. she didnt really care when/how long it took her. now, she is due in 4 weeks. i am still not pregnant. but guess what? it is NOT because i am trying too hard.

my bff who got pregnant on her second cycle, after we had already been trying for 3 cycles, told me to "hurry up and get pregnant so we can have our babies together". i was SO stung by her words - i know she didnt mean it harshly, but to say something so flippantly just goes straight to my heart. she didnt really care when/how long it took her. now, she is due in 4 weeks. i am still not pregnant. but guess what? it is NOT because i am trying too hard.

i hear u hun...im glad i found u girls so tht i could rant all i want abt wanting my baby no1 wud judge me...love u chicas:hugs:

Tell me about it. My sister in law said the same thing to me.... And then I didn't talk to my brother or her for 2 months... now my family hates me.

I don't know if I told you guys this story or not, but I will tell it again. I *had* a friend who once told me that in order to get pregnant all you have to do is take your temp. If someone is "smart enough to figure it out, it shouldn't be that hard." Yeah, she got pregnant all three times (she had one loss) within 2 months of being off of the pill.

Meanwhile, I was still waiting to just have normal periods after 15 months of being off of the pill, let alone even think about TTC since the idea gave me so much anxiety since my cycle still wasn't making sense! What a horribly insensitive thing to say...

THEN, one day she texts DH (they still chat occassionally) and asks if we are TTC yet (you know, since it's apparently soooo important to have all your children be super close in age...). He says we were starting to think about it. She tells him, "Well just tell Emily to text me if she needs some pointers!" Yea, I have a pointer for her. Actually, it's a middle finger, not a pointer...

Emily- HEHEHEH! Good story.

I don't know if it is still the food poisoning from Sunday, but I still feel nauseous. Today I has EWCM again (I'm not close to O time) and it was tinted pink. What should I think about this? Or what could this mean? I have been under stress, sick and added vitamins to my diet....

Could the tinted pink CM be from BD? Or from residual blood from AF maybe???

Could the tinted pink CM be from BD? Or from residual blood from AF maybe???

I don't think anything of it. My AF ended 5 days ago and haven't bd since before AF...so like 10 days ago. I started taking fertilcm .... Could it b that?

Who knows... My CM was never tinged any color except yellow... how far away from O are you again? Maybe you are closer than you thought since your AF came later last month?

Nikki - Read this, it might help a little...

https://voices.yahoo.com/blood-cervical-mucus-after-period-ends-causes-and-4954164.html

I think I am 10days from o. I think I might opk and temp...i think it stresses me more when I'm not doing it. Does that make any sense?

Well what if you do one and not the other. Like maybe just temp but no OPK? Wouldn't that be a compromise?

And yes, it does make sense since it is not necessarily easy for you to determine where in your cycle you are, whether you are actively TTC or on a break or whatever. It makes sense wanting to at least keep track for your peace of mind.

Thx Emily. Ya I think it was just stress or being sick. Just peed and there was a bit more. Hipefully I'm fine. I would agree with picking one or the other. I think having a brand new box of 20opk make it hard to not want to use them.

This might sound really silly, or superstitious or whatever... but I have all my TTC stuff under the sink (FerilAid, OPK's, thermometer (which I never got to use)). I want to pee on alllll of the OPKs just for fun (all like, 40 of them!), but I keep thinking that if I do that, I will need them again because something will happen with this pregnancy. I am keeping everything just in case this bean isn't sticky... like I will jinx it if I get rid of that stuf...

This might sound really silly, or superstitious or whatever... but I have all my TTC stuff under the sink (FerilAid, OPK's, thermometer (which I never got to use)). I want to pee on alllll of the OPKs just for fun (all like, 40 of them!), but I keep thinking that if I do that, I will need them again because something will happen with this pregnancy. I am keeping everything just in case this bean isn't sticky... like I will jinx it if I get rid of that stuf...

awww hun....only positive thoughts allowed for u :hugs:

I am keeping positive mostly. It's just scary sometimes because it hits you out of no where that anything could happen and there is nothing that can be done about it. It's a real test of putting your hands up accepting that what will be, will be. It's tough for a control freak borderline pessimist like me...

Just like DH's job situation. All he can do is apply and interview. It is out of his hands after that. That is starting to really get to me... his severance pay ends next week... starting to get a lot of anxiety waiting to hear back from the place he interviewed with last week...

Totally get what your saying! I have OPKs and tests and I was thinking about putting them on eBay but then I panicked what if something happens and I need them again!
I think it's normal at this stage hunny, well I hope it is!!!:wacko:

Mirolee, how are you doing? You should be like what 15dpo today? I started AF yesterday. So CD2 for me. (Sorry if you've already said something about this on here and I missed it.)

Hey all, so for starters just weighing in on the people saying we're trying too hard and just relax.... I usually shoot them a look of that could kill and say 'walk a mile in my shoes and then tell me to not try so hard. That usually shuts people up quick lol. But I think, for me anyway, every month that goes by without a bfp, I think I do get a little more relaxed about it, maybe just less obsessed anyway. I so badly wanted to log on to FF this morning to input my cycle info so I would know when to expect AF but I stopped myself and thought wow this last 2 weeks not even knowing where I'm at has been so nice, why start now? If I can just let it go then I will try to just keep myself in the dark so to speak for the rest of the TWW. Although after last month I think I've really lost the urge to test early so that probably helps.

Cassidy the only thing I can suggest is don't buy tests if u can help it, that's all I can think of to do?

Alissa with AF coming was that a good or bad thing for the timing of your tests, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->