Lucky thread

Hi ladies just back from the hospital and I'm pregnant!

I'm 6 wks measuring at 5mm with a heartbeat I'm in total shock..
They think I miscarried early then fell pg straight away I can't believe it got another scan on the 17th il be 8 wks..x

Baileybubs,

Thanks for your reply! I think I mostly know that it is okay and that we will be fine fine in one bedroom for a year or so. (We've both agreed we don't want the baby in our room much later than that so.) I think I am just having "mommy doubt/guilt" about not giving the baby it's own room and a cute little nursery. I am also concerned about what other people will think. But I guess I should just not worry about their opinions, if we do stay here it is to allow me to have more time at home with the baby which is far more important than a cute nursery (in my opinion!)

THanks again!

My sticky bean is doing well. I am still really nauseated off/on and have thrown up a tiny bit. It's amazing how much such a tiny little being can change your body, and your world! I am anxiously awaiting my first Dr Appointment (meet with the nurse on July 16th (at 6 weeks) and then the Dr at 8 weeks. They don't see you earlier unless there is some sort of complication.

It's the 4th of July here and I was thinking of taking a first "pregnancy picture"... the only differences are my boobs are a bit bigger (DH was saying he can't tell but last night noticed for the first time) and my abdomen is pretty bloated/puffy. We are only 5 weeks but Was thinking it would be cute to put a sticky note on my belly and have it say Happy July 4th 2012!

We live in an apartment, were going to look into buying a house but then decided that we'd rather save the huge amount of money we'd need for a down payment for me to be able to stay home with the baby. I am not sure how long I am going to stay home... I told him a minimum of 3-6 months... we have enough in savings that I should be able to stay home longer. We are currently in a one bedroom and are talking about trying to stay here one more year, which if all goes well our next lease would renew when the baby is about 9 months old. We figure we can make it work and the less our bills are the longer I can stay home. I think it is a good idea but also have mixed feelings about having just the one bedroom. Any suggestions? Anyone been through it? We were thinking of doing a really nice portacrib in our bedroom (And if that didn't work moving it out into the main area) instead of an actual crib. We could fit an actual crib it would just be a heck of a lot less portable and also make it much more crowded in our bedroom. We agreed that we'd stay here another year (our lease isn't up until this December anyway) but now that I am actually pregnant I worry that isn't giving the baby a good life... of course we are doing it so I can take more time off work.. so???

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Happy 4th to anyone in the States!

Hi Amy!

So glad your sticky bean is doing so well :flower:

I thought I'd comment on the house / 1 bedroom thing for you as we've been there done that kinda with our first. We were living in a house with my folks when we brought her home from the hospital, and while she did have a little room to herself, we took the advice of SIDS prevention and she slept in our room with us (but in her own cot, not in our bed) for the first 8 months. SIDS in Australia recommend 6-12 months in the same room as you and DH. So in that regard, I think you'd be more than fine. Plus, babies don't require a heap of room to start with, and even when they get a bit more active (sitting, crawling etc) you'll find you'll probably have him or her in the living spaces with toys more so than needing a bedroom for their 'stuff'.

Having also made the decision with my DH to continue renting as cheaply as we could for the first few years of my DD's life, I've been able to say home and not return to work until she was around 7 months old, and even then only on a part-time basis (I do Tupperware). It's been the best thing ever - and I think if it's something you want to do, it's manageable even on a low-medium income from hubby. It's amazing how many things just aren't important anymore when it comes to having an option to spend time with your baby :kiss:

How far along are you?

OMMMMGGG!!!!! CHERYL! Amazing news! I can't even believe that, what a miracle! So happy for you hun!

I'm in total shock I can't believe it wot a roller coaster this has been xx

Hi ladies just back from the hospital and I'm pregnant!

I'm 6 wks measuring at 5mm with a heartbeat I'm in total shock..
They think I miscarried early then fell pg straight away I can't believe it got another scan on the 17th il be 8 wks..x

This is AMAZING NEWS!! So happy for you!! :happydance:

Are they sure it's not still the first pregnancy? A miracle either way. You must be wrapped!

Cheryl,

OMG! I am sooo excited for you! That is amazing news!!!! I have tears in my eyes and want to give you the biggest hug ever!!!! Fxd that this bean is a sticky one! (for both of us!)

Mummy_2_One,

Thank you so much for your reply. It helps put things in perspective. It is also nice to have someone who has actually been there/done that and not just "thought" about it! Thanks again, you helped ease my mind!!!

Mummy_2_One,

Thank you so much for your reply. It helps put things in perspective. It is also nice to have someone who has actually been there/done that and not just "thought" about it! Thanks again, you helped ease my mind!!!

Glad I could help! You're welcome :flower:

According to my (and the internet's) calculations I am due around March 8th. You are a week ahead of me so that would put you around March 1st

Wow Cheryl that's awesome news and it means we are the same along too I'm 6 weeks tidal and also have a 8 week scan on the 17th!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->