Lucky thread

MMmmmm Cath, we just had our Sunday roast too! Peppered beef with yorkshires, carrots and parsnips. The Sunday roast tradition is one of the things I love most about living in England, such good family time. And I am so happy to hear you are finally feeling better, and I think a break from hospital is WELL deserved for you!

Fletch & Bailey, I don't blame you on the OPKs. They drove me mad this cycle too! Took forever to go + and then FOREVER to go - :haha: you just can't win, eh?

Thanks everyone for sharing your bfp dream stories! They give me hope that maybe I really could get a bfp next week. Especially since I haven't had an insane amount of symptoms so far this cycle, but I do have a good feeling for some reason (I don't feel OUT like I did the last few cycles, just knew we weren't pg most of the TWW)

Mmmmmm I fancy a roast dinner now. We never bother unless people r coming over. We feel it's too much work just for us two

Tawn i have a really weird question to ask that not to do with ttc.. what candy/chocolate/drinks do you get in the us that you cant get over here. i have a friend in GA and im sending her some yorkshire tea, hobnobs, digestives and cadburys goodies. and she asked what we would like in return. so far iv thought of coolaid, reeces, swedish fish and taffy? are those worth getting ? sorry lol but i remembered you were american and moved over here xxx

oh and dunkin donuts vanilla coffee that we LOVE!! :) xx

You ladies are making me feel hungry I have a chicken maybe I'll roast that now that you've put me in the mood.

Thanks cath I'll give the ticker a go. I'm glad the hcg is finally dropping and that you are now starting to feel better xx

I think you just know if you are pregnant 6th sense or something so Tawn I've got everything crossed for you xx

Fletch the goodies sound nice I think I'll have to have a chocolate bar after dinner......so naughty xx

Nope what am I doing wrong? I've made a ticker and copied the code and pasted it in my signature but it's not working??

did you copy the bb copy? there are usually 2. you need the bb one for here xx

Did you use the BB code mrs duck....that's the one that works for mine.

Fletch - ask for some mountain dew and some lucky charms!!

Cath - glad you are feeling better hun, and jealous of roast dinner!! I've only just got back from work and oh is working til 10 so it's reheated turkey chilli for me lol!

AFM - just did an opk and negative.....I'm blaming diluted wee again, it really looked diluted today!! When I'm at work I can't go without a drink for more than an hour coz my jobs so physical and it's so hot where I work!! I'd pass out!! I don't think I would have O'd already as I'm only cd12, last month was cd17, but I have been getting slight twinges around my ovaries so I think it's coming soon however i have been quite gassy today (sorry tmi) so it could just be trapped wind I'm feeling :rofl: . And if I don't get my BFP this month then I'm not using opk's again. I feel like stopping doing them now tbh but I really want to see how long my luteal phase is. Waiting to O is so frustrating!!

But PMA is telling me that I won't need opk's next month anyway coz I'll be pregnant lol!!

we have mountain dew over here. i dont like it. it tastes like cheap cream soda lol. what are lucky charms??

i did a cb digi and got no smiley face so does that mean i o'd yesterday or today? im having some cramps today too but i know its not trapped wind lol that made me laugh.

Ohhhh Fletch all very good choices! I would absolutely say all of those are must haves (3 out of your 4 DH just listed as his top choices from the US too!)

I would also add peanut butter M&Ms (if you are a peanut butter and choc fan! DH and I always bring over giant bags and store them in the fridge when we go back for visits lol) They are my absolute favorite!

Mmmm! You've made me have a hankering for American sweeties now :)

And lucky charms are a very unhealthy breakfast cereal which has little mini marshmellows in it :)

haha sorry. yeah i asked for anything chocolatey with peanut butter. :)

Yup the bb code worked thanks x

I see your PMA is back bailey, you're right you won't need any opks next month. Enjoy your turkey chilli x

Tawn are they different to the peanut m&ms we get in the uk, they sound good?

The mountain dew over here isn't the same as over there, much nicer and less like cream soda.
I don't actually like lucky charms but people usually go mad for them, as Tawn said its just cereal with marshmallows in.

And yeah I would say you O'd either last night or this morning hun if you had a positive opk yesterday!! Get that hubby to the bedroom again fletch lol!

I just wish I could take my mind off ttc. It's always in the back of my mind no matter what I do and it's driving me crazy!! I don't understand how people can say 'oh just forget about it and it will happen', how on earth can I forget? If I knew how to forget I would lol! But I'm going to try and just carry on with my life as I normally would have if I wasnt ttc, I keep putting off joining the gym in case I get pregnant, and if I carry on thinking that way I'll probably just end up fat, unfit and still not pregnant :haha: . Does anyone else have any tips for not constantly thinking about ttc?!

We have loads of little sparrow babies in our garden, they nest in the eaves of our house and this year they have had a bumper batch, they are just leaving the nest and are lovely and little and fluffy, I'm stood in the kitchen cooking and b&bing and my hubby just ran downstairs to tell me he was watching them out of the window and a sparrow hawk or similar swooped down out of nowhere while he was watching and grabbed one for dinner :cry:

I know what you mean bailey since my mmc in feb I haven't done any excercise coz I keep thinking maybe I'm pregnant and I've put loads of weight on, I've got no excuse now but I seem to have plenty of other things I would rather be doing.

I can't ttc but still it's always on my mind I suppose hobbies are the best distraction, maybe get stuck in to your wedding plans?

I agree with MrsDuck, Bailey. I have NO idea how to take my mind off TTC, it pretty much seems impossible for me! But the best distraction I can think of is planning a wedding, cause that is just as all-consuming!

MrsDuck, in the States they have M&Ms with peanut butter (not just peanuts) which are heavenly. They were probably my ultimate favorite treat from the US. :) We are lucky enough in Ipswich to have a shop that sells American sweets, so if I get too desperate DH walks up there to get me some. However, they cost something ridiculous like 4-5 quid so only on very rare occasions.

Plus fletch, DH loves grape flavored sweeties from the States. He drinks CASES of grape soda when we go back (it is ridiculously sweet but delicious--something a small child would choose! :haha: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->