Lucky thread

Oh yeah true, I could ask them to do bloods maybe. I want to know that my hcg levels are ok after mc so maybe my doctor will do that for me.

yeah they should definately cos of your mc, and i would raise concerns so that you can get scans every 2 weeks. thats what ill be doing. to put my mind at ease xx

I don't think they'll do that at my local EPAU. They wouldn't even scan me again a week after my mc to check it had all gone, just told me it was all normal and to wait. They were very cruel tbh.
I don't even know if early scans would help me though, my angel died at 11 weeks and 3 days so I won't feel safe until after that anyway. But I suppose it's worth asking if there's any tests like my progesterone levels that they could do at my docs.

they wouldnt scan you after your mc?! thats outrageous!! that actually made me well up. i hate the epau so much. we were dismissed like yesterday trash after my mc scan. i cried for days. i would def talk to your gp about tests and things. xx

No they basically told me that a week was "a very short period of time" even though I was still bleeding heavily. Needless to say they ate their words when I was still bleeding 4 weeks later and had had misoprostol a grand total of 3 times and they were looking to send me for a d n c. They wouldn't scan coz they said it could take as long as 2 weeks to pass everything anyway. Hate EPAU too, such a casual way they deal with mc. Think they need some sort of empathy training!!

On a brighter note though (sorry for bringing sad talk to the thread ladies!!) I have no idea what's happening on this opening ceremony!!! Dizzy rascal is singing Bonkers.....it bloody is bonkers!!!

haha i loved your status it made me laugh. dizzee is pretty bonkers though.

id love to work on the epau when im a midwife (hows that for pma) just to comfort those who go through mc's and ectopics etc and them knowing youve been through the same can put their minds at ease. the doc said to us 'heres a pamphlet, any questions ask your gp' and walked out of the room. so we upped and left. i was so angry. so id def make sure i gave people all the info and answered as many questions as i could and not dismiss them as soon as i have given them the results xx

Yeah that would be great fletch, I bet you'd be great working in epau, that perfect mixture of sympathy an kindness with bright bubbliness if needed too!!

True but they say that unless they test it they won't confirm you are pregnant so just wondering if tomorrow might be too early for their tests to detect it?

Just to let you know, since I am a lab tech, and assuming they use similar products there as here in Canada, the preg tests we use in the hospital are really good. they say they detect 25iu and higher (like hpt's) but I ran a test yesterday on an emerg patient that came in with a vag bleed and it was positive and when I ran it on the machine she had a hcg of 15, and a few months ago I ran a patient that a positive on the stick too, that ended up having a level of only 3! the tests can pick up lower levels then they say. They just pick a higher number that they know FOR SURE it will pick up, probably so no one sues them later lol.

Ugh, I wish I had some good symptoms... I know it's too early, only 4dpo :( ... my boobs don't hurt anymore, as I'm sure it was just my post-o breast soreness. I still donno if I'm gonna skip testing and wait for AF or to be late, or attempt at 12dpo .... I guess it'll depend on if i have any good symptoms in the next week or so?

Bailey hun their tests would show up pos I think their 50miu I think lol

I'm finally discharged from hospital!!! Levels are 5!!! Xxx

Hmm well I guess that I could go tomorrow and if doesn't end up positive just go again later in the week lol! Ive still got 3 Frers so gonna use them every morning to see the progression.

Yay for being discharged Cath!! That's great news!!

Bailey how'd the talk with your oh go?! I am soo chuffed for you!!

Cath, woohoo to being discharged! That is amazing!!

Sorry I haven't been on here enough this weekend cheering you ladies on, DH and I had our date night last night to celebrate our wedding anniversary for tomorrow and today was thunder and rain so stepson DH and I had a doctor who marathon and a lazy family day which was fab after the hectic-ness of the last couple of weeks! I hope o is on its way, I have heavy feeling ovaries today and I guessed I would be Wednesday so I'm crossing my fingers it's not too far! I just realized today is 4 months exactly since mc and tomorrow is our anniversary and my first day of this cycle is the day we moved into our new house. I am hoping that all that lines up to mean a fresh start for us and our rainbow bean!

Well we have decided that in a couple of weeks we will tell our parents and families. I just hope it all goes ok until then!

Tawn - sounds like you had a lovely day hun! Must be so nice just to chill out!

okay so i am watching ch4+1 about the fifty shades books. its filth!! lol

yay cath! so happy youve been discharged sweetie!! :)

okay so i am watching ch4+1 about the fifty shades books. its filth!! lol

yay cath! so happy youve been discharged sweetie!! :)

They were saying on the radio here this morning that according to babycenter.com there are many women now pregnant as a direct result of having more sex because of the book series ... if only it were so easy ...

Cath yeh you'll be glad Hun. Xxx

Shellie if only it was tht easy I've been working my assoff for a yr to hav a baby and cos of a book all these ppl are falling pg :(

I stating having niggling twinges yest so hoping this is a gd thing...xx

I'm 7dpo now :) was out with hubby yesterday for cocktails and had them on and off all day not cramps but niggles or twinges as if somethings happening in there lol and I still hav all my other symtoms too.. So no alcohol till I test on Sunday....

Thts gd ur waiting to tell ur parents I'm not going to tell our parents till after a 9 wk scan cos the lady at EPU said at a 9 wk scan she can really reassure me everything will be ok cos my parents hav really took my mcs really bad so I don't want to upset them again...xx

Drink til it's pink Cheryl!! And that "something's going on down there" feeling is very good! How's the boobs :holly:

I don't think I can get a scan til 12 weeks, but wouldn't want one earlier anyway as my angel was 11 weeks 3 days when she passed. I'm just gonna enjoy this and be as positive as I can.

And keep egging you ladies on too!! We need more BFPs in here, the luck is back!!

Who's next to test is it you Cheryl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->