Lucky thread

OMG, after reading some of that thread, it just confirms to me how much I love my DH! Even though he can cheese me off sometimes (I mean, what man can't lol) he is an amazing hubby and father to stepson!

I just really hope we can manage to get pregnant again soon, cause sometimes I feel like I am failing him a bit. Since stepson was a bit of an accident with a horrible ex who he was only dating for 2 months, he has always wanted the pleasure of trying and having a baby with his wife and being there full-time the whole way through (we only recently got full custody of stepson).

And what Cath has said about horrible people being able to get pregnant etc--stepson's mum is an awful woman who refused to give us custody of stepson over the years just to spite us. Then got child protective services called on her BY HER OWN PARENTS and then shipped her two children off to their fathers (has another son from another man :nope:) so that CPS wouldn't investigate her further and find out just how awful she is--house is literally a tip with rubbish 4 feet high and she put stepson to bed at 6:30pm (he is TEN!) after feeding him SoupaNoodles at night--no matter how hard we fought with her about treating him properly. And after CPS got involved, we found out she had been smoking weed in the house with the kids, as well as using cocaine and sometimes leaving the kids at night for a while as she "popped out" somewhere. :growlmad:

Now she has gone off with druggie boyfriend raving rather than seeing or even calling her children. She sees stepson for MAYBE a half hour to an hour a week (and we moved to the town she lives in so stepson could stay at his school, so we are a 2 minute drive away) and lies to stepson all the time about "working" so that she doesn't have to see him. Talk about a woman who has squandered the gift of motherhood! /endrant/

Whew sorry about that, it just kills me that she is the type of person who has no problem accidentally falling pg!

OMG Tawn what an utter bitch!!

Your poor stepson! I take my hat off to you too hun, it must be hard having to deal with all her shit aswell as your own problems. I always say to my OH that i dont think i could have got with him if he had a child from a previous relationship as he would be in contact with his ex and i would want to have a baby with someone for the first time on both sides, but after realising what a complete cow your DH's ex is and how it was an accident etc makes having a baby with you all the more special, i bet your SS loves you to bits and i bet DH loves you even more that seeing that.

When you get pregnant (In the next month!!) everything will be perfect and in 9 months time you will have a beautiful bundle in your arms and SS will be beaming at becoming a big brother and you will have your lovely little family, hopefully that waste of space will stay away as all shes doing is causing heartache and grief to SS and you and DH! xxx

Thanks Cath. Haha I don't usually rant about her, but was just particularly frustrated today because she was supposed to see him this week but went to a 3-day rave in Cambridge instead.

Luckily stepson loves me dearly (and I him!), I think he was so desperate for a mother figure that he accepted me immediately.

And I know what you mean about not wanting do date someone with kids lol, I was like that too! But I fell in love with DH so hard, and then fell in love with stepson and felt like it was where I am meant to be. Plus DH has never been to a scan or even at the birth of stepson cause she wouldn't let him, so he will be excited to experience it all for the first time when we do fall pg!

Hi ladies

So i was right not to test :cry: AF for sure... gonna ttc this cycle, but after that I donno what I'm gonna do cuz of my wedding in July. I keep changing my mind. I'm just tired of getting disappointed. I really wanted to be pregnant before my angel's EDD of October 6th and its starting to look like that won't happen :(

Awww ladies such lovely stories making me cry!!! Tawn you have such a wonderful little family now and that ex of his can just sod off!! You SS is lucky to have such a lovely mum (coz you are his mum coz blood in these cases means nowt!). My cousins' mum was a bit of a slag and left my uncle with 2 young girls to raise. He met his current wife and they now call her mum and they are in their 20's now and even still see their biological mum, they call her by her first name!

I have some food for though! My parents just came down to pick up my car so they can sort it (wrong wheels, long story!!) so we told them!! They were very happy, but did point out that a wedding next year might cause me stress and they don't want me getting stressed again whilst pregnant. They suggested still going ahead but maybe changing the date......they have a point. And if we change the date we can still plan it etc and be looking forward to it but have more time to save, what do you ladies think? Coz at the mo, the venue alone is £5k and the wedding will be in just a years time.

Aw Tawn you are such a lovely SM, your SS is so lucky to have you, both my bro and sis are in relationships/marriages where their partners have children with exes and it is HARD but sounds like you guys have it all worked out. Any new symptoms today? Sorry if you said and i missed it x

I just had a nose on that thread, very sad, i hope those babies get to grow up in happy and loving family situations.

Bailey - not done an OPK yet....may start tonight....been having lots of headaches over last the last couple of days and I tend to get hormone headaches so maybe something is happening, still got the stitchy pain to with a little crampyness. Hope you are feelin ok today x

Xx

Awww Shellie I am so sorry hun. I really thought this was your month. Whats your wedding date hun? Are you bothered about having a newborn at your wedding? Coz I was going to stop ttc in November, 10 months before my wedding date. I always said I wouldnt be able to get married whilst pregnant though.

Thanks cupcake, I'm feeling quite giddy after telling my parents lol! Just gotta tell the in laws now eeeeek!!

Shellie, so sorry for the witch showing up!! Stupid witch should have stayed away! :growlmad: You WILL get pregnant next cycle, and have your rainbow baby at your wedding! :hugs:

Bailey, congrats on telling your parents!!! How fun to share it with them! As for the wedding, I think it kind of depends on what kind of person you are. I think if you can multi-task and stress manage really well, then if you want your wedding on Friday the 13th then go for it! But if you feel like waiting will be a good plan, OH isn't going anywhere and there is no pressure--it would give you time to focus on the bubba! Hahah not very helpful, but I can see your point either way!

hahah Bailey, just FYI the structure of one of my sentences was kind of off when I read it back. I meant that if you want to wait, YOU KNOW that OH isn't going anywhere etc etc. Not that "if you know that OH isn't going to go anywhere" hahahah Just to clarify! Stupid syntax making me seem like a cow! :haha:

Bailey so your baby is due in April and wedding next Aug so about 4/5 monthes between the 2? I got married in Dec and TBH I only really started to get stressed a couple of months before as we were planning it for 15 months and I did lots as we were going through the months. My main cause of stress was making my own wedding cake so as long as avoid that youll prob be ok! xx

Aw so sorry Shellie....you prob still have at least 2 more cycles before your EDD though, there's every chance it can and most likely will still happen xxx

Hhmmmmm Bailey, if it were me i would move the wedding, only because i would want my DD or DS to be able to walk down the aisle as a little paigeboy or flower girl so i would want them to be about 2, i know you cant wait that long! would you be annoyed at moving it a month ahead or a few months ahead, that way you can just chillax for a while after the baby is born then become Bridezilla towards the run up to the weding xxx

Well we were thinking of moving it a year, to sept 2014. Mainly for money purposes really, because if I go off on maternity in march that really only gives us 7 months to save because my employer is poop and doesn't pay maternity pay, I'd only get the government basic £130 a week maternity pay so I don't think we'd be able to save much once the baby is born. Plus I won't be able to go back to my current job after maternity so I will also have that worry, I'll be looking for a new job by August next year as I do shift work and on call in my current job and shift work so I dont think wedding planning and job hunting at the same time will be very good! Yeah I think I've already made up my mind lol, but I think it always helps having others opinions! I didn't want to cancel my wedding, because as sad as it sounds I can't make myself believe that there actually will be a baby yet. If we just postpone it and the worst happens we can always bring it forward again.

Oh is going to tell his parents tonight!!

Oopps just realised I said info shift work and on call and shift work lol, just to emphasise the fact that I do shift work lol!!

And Shellie yeah cupcake is right, you still have 2 more cycles before your edd!! PMA!!

Hey ladies it's been very chatty on here... Let me try to catch up..

Toothfairy I love those names..x

Cath cranberry hiccups lol never had tht and I live on cranberry lol...x

Bump hope ur pain starts to ease a bit Hun...cx

Tawn u and hubby will get ur forever baby and it will be perfect...xx

Mummy2one tht thread is awful I'm going to do my nosey... Hoping it's not af showing...cx

Cupcake yeah for starting ur OPKs tonight. Xx

Mrs d if u come on hope everything went ok?..xxx

Shellie so sorry about af coming...cx

Poppy I'm defo finding out the gender... Well if I make it tht far. Xx

Bailey same symtoms... Was sick this morning :sick: very hungry and woke up with even soarer :holly: I'm just hoping this is it for us chick...xx

Yeh the money cost will be helpful if you could move it on a year hun, i think it would be a good option, like you jsut said you dont have to decide anything just yet if you feel better you can wait until you've have your scan to postpone it :)

xxx

I hope so too Cheryl, I was feeling sick this morning too. Not been sick yet though. Have an odd craving for chillies and spicy mexican food lol, but not curries the thought of curry makes me feel ill lol!! Going to watch dark knight rises tonight so gonna have nachos with salsa and lots of jalapeños yummy!!!!

Yeah well we are supposed to pay the deposit this week but I might ask her if we can change the date before we pay anything. And then see where we go from there. I'd feel better with less stress of saving. And like my mum said, I'm hourly paid and don't get sick pay if I'm just off one day, so if I feel ill or not up to work coz of pregnancy I don't want to be thinking "oh but I should go in coz I've got a wedding to pay for" I need to rest and look after baby and not have to worry about money.

Got tht thread!!! One of them I was talking to ages ago but god it's awful. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->