Lucky thread

Well I don't know when to date it tbh....I had the first scan that told me there was no hb on the 13th....then had erpc on the 25th July, so i guess I should date from then. I know I have no reason to think negatively, one of those days I guess! Guess I'm just frustrated waiting to try, as I know you are Cath, and feeling crap at having to start all over again. Tgink I am feeling ov pains again today, but sharp twinges on both sides!

Tawn I remember with my pregnancy the week after we would have conceived (I wasnt symptom spotting as was NTNP) having these waves of nausea coming over me, but I was away with work on a conference in Tenerife and just put it down to rich food and the heat! I didn't have sore bbs or anything, not until AF was due then boy did they hurt! You are still very much in with a good chance!! xx

When did they say you can try again hun? its very frustrating isnt it? i feel your pain, are you taking any extra pre-natel vitamins? I was taking these pregnancy tabs from Asda but the smell was turning me every morning iv had to stop them, iv changed my diet slightly and excercising.

Tawn have you ever heard of having a full blood count and a blood test to test your folate acid levels? i have just come across it on the net and im wondering if you ever heard of it, its what they offer women in the us who want to get back to TTC after MTX? xxx

Thanks Cupcake. Hun, your loss was so recent, of COURSE you are still grieving! Plus, I know one of the only ways I could get through my mc was by trying again and obsessing over that instead, so WTT gives you even more time to feel the depth of your loss :hugs: hun. Believe me, we've all been there it is a HARD journey but you will get your rainbow and we will be here to help you through. :flower:

Cath, it def sounds like O pains. Sometimes women feel them front and back (so if you imagine it hurting at your hip bone, then the same-ish spot in the back). It makes sense that the O pains are near you hip, because if you think about it your bits are kind of like a short, wide Y. The ovaries sit at the end of the top/side bits, and the pains you feel are follicles forming/breaking when the egg is mature. So you are def close to releasing your first eggy post mc! THEN it is only 1 month before you will be preggers again!!!!

Ohhh Stop it tawn your getting me all excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im going to order a ton of HPTS now !! WOoohooooooo xx

Hubs are I are both taking pregnapure conception and I've completely given up caffeine and alcohol. We were told wait until AF so not long...but guess this limbo makes you feel like your no closer to having a baby and can't do anything about it right now....I know I just need patience :) x

Your right I am grieving....I think everyone just expects you get over it so quick I feel like I should be fine again by now, but I'm still not x

Well done hun, giving up alcohol thats really good!! i used to go out every weekend but since the first mc i think iv gone out a handful of times, i got 2 weddings and a christening in the next few weeks but wont be drinking much, it really wont be long hun and you will be trying, i had to wait 3 months and i cant beleive in less than 4 weeks/3 weeks i can try again!!!!

is af with you right now? xxx

No hun, I've never heard of that. But I wouldn't be surprised that they offer something like that in the US. Medicine is much more preventative there--they check you BEFORE you have a problem rather than just treating afterwards.

However, that being said, healthcare in the US is very expensive and if you have a pre-existing condition, insurance companies can choose not to cover you and you will be screwed :/ Like a friend of mine had serious issues with her first babe and almost died in labor, so now she is pregnant again they have denied her pregnancy cover because she is "high risk"!! I know people complain about the NHS because it is slow, but if my mom hadn't had great insurance before getting diagnosed with cancer, each chemo treatment would have been $11,000 (about 8,000 pounds!!!) and she had them every week for over 2 years! Yikes! I feel blessed to live in a country where if I were ever to get seriously sick, they will take care of you and you don't have to choose between losing your house or getting life-saving treatment! Hahah, what a long rant, but I hate when American's back home call Obama's healthcare reform fascism, since I have lived on both sides of the pond :)

Cupcake, people don't get how deep the loss of a miscarriage is for the mother. In fact, a lot of us were suffering (myself included) through this struggle a few months back and I posted this poem which sums it up very well. I hope the ladies don't mind if I repost it now for you, to help you see that you are not alone and you will always have a right to miss your lost baby. :hugs:

Just Those Few Weeks

For those few weeks-
I had you to myself.
And that seems too short a time
To be changed so profoundly.

In those few weeks-
I came to know you...
And to love you.
You came to trust me with your life.
Oh, what a life I had planned for you!

Just those few weeks.
When I lost you,
I lost a lifetime of hopes,plans, dreams, and aspirations...
A slice of my future simply vanished overnight.

Just those few weeks-
It wasn't enough time to convince others
How special and important you were.
How odd, a truly unique person has recently died
And no one is mourning the passing.

Just a mere few weeks-
And no "normal" person would cry all night
Over a tiny, unfinished baby,
Or get depressed and withdraw day after endless day.
No one would, so why am I?

You were just those few weeks my little one
You darted in and out of my life too quickly.
But it seems that's all the time you needed
To make my life so much richer-
And give me a small glimpse of eternity.

by Susan Erlin

Aw Tawn I will read that later, I'm just about to go out and I know it will make cry. Thank you you are right, I do have a right to grieve still, and I am the same, the only thing that will make me feel better is to be preg again, or be working towards that!

Cath no AF yet, still trying to find signs of ov! And it's not a huge struggle for me to give up alcohol, I'm not a big drinker anyway, I'm struggling more with caffeine!!

Xx

I agree with you Tawn, i know the NHS might be a tad useless on times but atleast its free!! i cant imagine living in the US and having to pay for healthcare! did you have to pay much?

that poem is absolutely lovely, pretty somes up how we feel after the mc's doesnt it?

any more Nausea :- D xxx

No luckily I had insurance through work, so I had to pay $25 for each doctor's visit, plus a percentage of my prescriptions. Hospital bills and the like depended on what you had done, but an ambulance journey for example isn't covered under insurance and is something ridiculous like $1000!!!

And yes, that poem says it perfectly. I think I had DH read it once so he could have a little insight into how it feels for me. I'd like to read one from the man's POV (it would probably be about how worried he gets for his OH if all of our men are any indication!)

Actually, my nausea went away like 10 mins after eating my cereal, then came back when I was making stepson lunch again and hanging laundry on the line. Then my body got really unhappy and I had an awful trip to the loo (oh lord, the things we share on here!) Feel fine now tho! :shrug:

Although that is how I KNEW I was pg the night before I tested last time. I woke up in the middle of the night with both diarrhea and being sick at like 4am. It was awful, but it made DH tell me to take another test when I woke up and it was my late bfp!

How's work today Cath?

Afternoon ladies I see you werent busy at work today all the chit chat that has been going on lol x

Well I'm finished for the day and now sitting in the garden catching some rays x

Cupcake I'm so sorry you are having a down day hun, it's still raw for you, you have every right to still be grieving, we are all still and it has been much longer for most of us, starting to ttc again gives you back some hope, I think tawns poem says how we all feel, :hugs: I hope you are feeling a little better tomorrow xx

Cath yay for what looks to my like a positive opk :happy dance: xx

Tawn I totally understand why would would want to play down your symptoms so that you don't get your hopes up but your symptoms are so similar to baileys you've got to get your bfp on Sunday, I've got everything crossed for you xx

Afternoon ladies I see you werent busy at work today all the chit chat that has been going on lol x

Well I'm finished for the day and now sitting in the garden catching some rays x

Cupcake I'm so sorry you are having a down day hun, it's still raw for you, you have every right to still be grieving, we are all still and it has been much longer for most of us, starting to ttc again gives you back some hope, I think tawns poem says how we all feel, :hugs: I hope you are feeling a little better tomorrow xx

Tawn I totally understand why would would want to play down your symptoms so that you don't get your hopes up but your symptoms are so similar to baileys you've got to get your bfp on Sunday, I've got everything crossed for you xx

photo (34).jpg

well its not often u dont wanna see two lines in here lol but its starting to drop top test was sunday gone and the bottom one was today been testing so i know when its gone and can start trying for that one last try!!!

Aww bump it's definitely fading, I'm glad you are giving it one last go x

No luckily I had insurance through work, so I had to pay $25 for each doctor's visit, plus a percentage of my prescriptions. Hospital bills and the like depended on what you had done, but an ambulance journey for example isn't covered under insurance and is something ridiculous like $1000!!!

And yes, that poem says it perfectly. I think I had DH read it once so he could have a little insight into how it feels for me. I'd like to read one from the man's POV (it would probably be about how worried he gets for his OH if all of our men are any indication!)

Actually, my nausea went away like 10 mins after eating my cereal, then came back when I was making stepson lunch again and hanging laundry on the line. Then my body got really unhappy and I had an awful trip to the loo (oh lord, the things we share on here!) Feel fine now tho! :shrug:

Although that is how I KNEW I was pg the night before I tested last time. I woke up in the middle of the night with both diarrhea and being sick at like 4am. It was awful, but it made DH tell me to take another test when I woke up and it was my late bfp!

How's work today Cath?

$1000!!! My God thats shocking!!! I am sooooooooooooooooo glad for the NHS Now then!! its amazing that people can actually afford that, it makes you wonder why people suffer in silence in this country when they have free medical care??

OMG Tawn I cannot wait for you to test!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Be nice to know someone who has gone on to get pregnant after an ectopic :)

Hahah iv been quite busy today but had to pop in for my BnB fix and to chat to all you lovely ladies!!!

Yep positive :) just done another one and still pos, be good to see if my 6pm one will be pos as they have been as white as a ghost all week!!

how you feeling hunny? xxx

Fingers crossed that it is positive too then there will be no doubt, yay you are getting closer to ttc :happydance:

I feel a bit more positive today, roll on Tuesday to know for sure.

Yup! Another friend of mine back in the States has over $6,000 debt for medical bills from giving birth to her son! It's a wonder people can afford to have kids there! lol

Cath I will be so interested to see if your 6pm OPK is + or not! Did you usually have a build up to a + or just a quick surge that goes + really fast?

MrsDuck, I swear I have been TRYING to work! lol. But stepson had his very first friend come round today and ring the doorbell asking him to come play (you should have seen his face, bless him!) It was so darn cute, and they came back like 4 times for "a drink" then "their water pistols" then "toilet" then "water balloons" which I had to help them tie up lol. It was worth it though, cause that is why we moved to the neighborhood we did--he has ADHD and is on the autism spectrum so he has never been able to make a friend, so this is a huge day for him!

Have you gotten a tan yet? I am jealous!

Yep!!! My only prob is now though that AF will be here in 2 weeks time, if my cycle is the same next month then that means she will arrive when im on holidays - that is if i dont get pregnant!!

Good, im glad hun, you will have the news you want to hear though i bet, they have got it all....your a young, fit and healthy woman - there will be nothing else wrong xxxxx

Yup! Another friend of mine back in the States has over $6,000 debt for medical bills from giving birth to her son! It's a wonder people can afford to have kids there! lol

Cath I will be so interested to see if your 6pm OPK is + or not! Did you usually have a build up to a + or just a quick surge that goes + really fast?

Have you gotten a tan yet? I am jealous!

Jesus!! How will she pay all that back? they dont get benefits either do they??

yeh i used to get faint then quite dark then dark then a strong + and they always used to test good in the evenings! I wonder if the EP mucked up my LH surge or something?!?! cant wait to test later now to see if there will be a line there or not!!

Awww bless him thats sooooooo cute!!! you sound like a fab SM Tawn! he must idolize you!! are they still out playing?!

im stuck in a shitty office so no tan for me but im still brown from the day i spent sunbathing 3 weeks back!! what about you hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->