Lucky thread

Opks don't really work for me but they say later
In the day is a more accurate result.

Sorry forgot who asked the bfp question, I'm thinking it's a new bfp. If Tomos test is darker it's time to celebrate!

Girls sorry I've not been around. So busy trying to pack etc for our trip. Away into town to sort dollars out etc.

Omg this is the worst AF ever!! Worse than the mc... Day 2 of heavy heavy bleeding. Soaked through a super tampon and a maternity pad within an hour :(

Hopefully get on tonight as we leave first thing xxx

Ok ladies I was too impatient and I took a hpt and after glaring at it could not see even the faintest line!! Finally got my bfn!! Even if my hcg levels aren't down to zero yet they must be really low so I'm finally going to be looking for O yay!!! Never thought I'd be so excited about a bfn!!! xxxxx

that is awesome news, baileybubs! the only time i will ever say congrats on the bfn! :)

Thanks! I'm just relieved that it seems to be the end of my month long mc!! Now I can focus on ttc! Xxxxx

I don't think I'd have the energy for every day! Although if I thought it would be the best way to get that BFP then I would, oh wouldn't have a choice lol! But I think we're gonna go for every other day when I eventually O xxxx

i wish i wasn't such a freak. I'm telling hubby we have to do it every single day so we have been each month up to O and the day of and then maybe a day or two after just in case we missed the O mark...hasn't worked yet though...so maybe my method is wrong. I just think the more sex the better i a case like this...plus i get nervous if we skip a day during the fertile time thinking we could miss the mark. Good luck!

Hey I wud just start ur OPKs on cd10 that's wot I do. I don't kno if this is true or not but someone told me not to do it every night unless im oing cos sperm needs to build up so they can swim better... I just do it 2days b4 the day of and the day after and I fell pg when I did tht..... I'm dyn to get this first af out the way so we can get trying again cd2 and it's dragging in....:wacko:

Ok good, that's how i have it marked on my calendar, to start OPKs on cd10 or 11. According to a chart for a 31-day cycle, it says to start testing on cd14 but i would be too nervous to wait that long. Here's an excerpt from the fertility book I'm reading:
"Couples who have spent any amount of time trying to conceive may find themselves surrounded by all sorts of rules, myths, theories, and crazy ideas about what it takes to get pregnant. According to one theory, too much sex can hurt your chances of getting pregnant because a man who ejaculates frequently doesn’t have enough time to replenish high-quality amounts of sperm. It sounds like it could be plausible, but is it true?

The answer is, “no,” and “maybe,” depending on who’s asking the question. For most healthy couples, especially those under age 35 with no other fertility problems, there’s really no such thing as too much sex. Getting pregnant is primarily a matter of timing intercourse with ovulation, and if you get it right, you get it right. After all, you only need one healthy sperm to reach the egg.

To put it another way, a healthy man is able to replenish his full supply of sperm within 24 hours, so having sex as often as once a day (or even more, although you don’t want to exhaust each other) should not affect fertility. In fact, having intercourse every day or every other day in the time leading up to your expected ovulation date should increase your fertility."

ttcbaby - I hope you catch the eggy this cycle!

wishinghopeful - I'm sorry for your loss hun :hugs: it does sound like a new pregnancy :happydance: Congratulations! My hormone levels were 50 when I was tested and the next day I was showing negative on all tests, so levels of 100 would leave your system very very fast

When is everyone due to test? :flower:

Im sorry for ur loss :( Hmm I would say ur levels would have went to zero by now. Is it a faint positive?

Hi girls, on Friday 13th my HCG were at 641 Sunday 15th they were at 114 and Tuesday 17th they were at 40 today (20th) i done a cheapy test to make sure it has all left my system and i have a very faint line, do you think this could be leftover HCG? xxx

Definitely sounds like it could be leftover HCG. Seems like it takes that stuff FOREVER to get back to 0. I went for weekly blood draws for about 7 weeks before mine was under 5. It was very frustrating. Good luck!

I got neg tests then positives and af still came. I think it's left over. I also read if anything is left behind it can attach to the wall and start creating hcg again :o

Hopefully I'm wrong but it was the case with me x

too-scared, i have a POAS addiction too. Maybe we need to get a grip. He, he...

I had an almost positive opk this morning with LOADS of ewcm yay. Going to do a test later today so hoping for a positive. We bd'd this morning. Do u think we should do it again tomorrow or leave it a day?

If you have EWCM again tomorrow, for sure do it again tomorrow. I've read in my fertility book that even if you are not right on track to ov or already have, the most important part is the EWCM. So i say do it! :)

too-scared, i have a POAS addiction too. Maybe we need to get a grip. He, he...

haha! it is so hard to stay away from them!

i broke down and tested today, bfn :( but, i am only 8 dpo so i am sure it is just too early. right?!? :dohh:

Too_scared, it's is definitely too early. My BFP cycle I had BFN on 11DPO, BFP on 14DPO. You're not out til the :witch: shows up.

Baileybubs, yay on the BFN! Now it's TTC time :sex:

Poppy it sounds like you're almost there!!!

AFM, I'm not really sure where I am in this cycle atm. Some signs point to getting ready to O, others point backwards, others too far ahead! :wacko: I've been checking my cervix daily, and the last 4 days I believed it was Medium height, Medium texture. Today it feels almost Low and Firm :nope:. My CM is still just creamy, but now I can see it when I wipe instead of just around my cervix, so it seems like my fluid is starting to gear up for O, I think. This is also the first month where I am using an ovulation scope, and it seems to me like I'm ferning a lot more then I should be already. I would almost call it full ferning, (or alot of partial ferning!) but since this is my first month doing it, I won't call it full ferning just yet. I would hate to think i missed O already, as we haven't BD'd in a few days. DB has been extremely stressed lately. Depressed, actually. But he won't see a doctor, and I don't know what to do about it. Some days he seems perfectly happy, others not so good at all. Yesterday was a bad day for him. TTC probably isn't the best thing right now because of his issues but at the same time I think it helps. I know the mc was a huge blow to him. He's always wanted to be dad, and he was sooo excited about the baby. He was adopted and has no blood relatives that he knows, and I think losing the baby took that only blood relative away from him. But I know the baby is only one of several things bothering him. He thinks I don't understand, even though he knows I too have had my issues with depression and anxiety (I used to take anti-depressants) I wish I had a magic wand to fix everything! :nope: I know I kinda went off topic but really needed to vent.

Shellie Sorry DB is feeling so down at the moment. Maybe he will feel better around your ovulation time anyway and u can still carry on bding. Hope u both feel better soon.

Iv still got loads of ewcm. The most iv had all week! Did another test this afternoon and opk is still not quite positive. It's very frustrating!

thank you Shellie :) i know it is too early, i really shouldn't have tested but it is so hard not to sometimes... :dohh:

i am really sorry your husband isn't feeling so well lately :( my husband sometimes gets down in the winter (sad) and i always feel so helpless. men are so hard to convince to go to the dr. i hope he feels better soon. :hugs:

i am sorry i can't help you to figure out what is going on with your cycle. i just rely on my opk's and this month i temped. i don't really know much about the rest of it. i hope that you ov soon and that you catch the egg!

Poppy, are they the same brand as what you used last time? maybe that is as positive as those ones get?

Maybe your right too scared. Last month was the first time I used them and I never thought I got a proper positive. I'll see if it gets lighter or darker tomorrow

are you temping too? i am not sure if the opk's that i have ever got as dark or darker than the control line either. i just went by the darkest it got and then it went away so i assumed that was positive. it went almost as dark.

tons of sticky :dust: for you!

No havnt been temping. I will try it next month if this month doesn't work

Thanks Poppy and too_scared, I really hope so he feels better soon.

And Poppy I'm sure it'll come up positive very soon! Just make sure you can withstand the urge to POAS until you've held your pee for long enough (easier said then done!). I haven't done any OPKs yet, I'm trying to wait until I see fertile CM before I start. Debating on whether I should start taking guaifenesin yet for my CM, or if I should wait to see it first before taking it. I read to take it 5 days before O but I donno how long this cycle is gonna be. If I O early because of the soy isoflavones and O on CD14, I should start today, but I don't know if I take it for longer then 5 days if it will do anything bad, since usually I O around CD20. I can't imagine it causing a problem, especially since my creamy cm is on the rise, so fertile cm should be right around the corner .. I hope anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->