Making a Baby

My son used to have the tantrums like that when i let him get over tired. He was such a bad sleeper that if i put him to bed so much as 2min after he started to show signs of being tired it was already too late! Oi, i so do not miss that lol

My son used to have the tantrums like that when i let him get over tired. He was such a bad sleeper that if i put him to bed so much as 2min after he started to show signs of being tired it was already too late! Oi, i so do not miss that lol

I wish it was just that, he is a ball of energy... even after taking a long walk around the block before lunch he was still not wanting to nap so I left him to play quietly in his room, I just think he's growing out of the whole napping in the fall, during summer he eagerly went to go take a nap, now it's 15-20 degrees cooler (was 95+f now it's been in the 60's), it's like the cool breeze shoots a ton of more stamina to him to stay awake, may move his bedtime gradually earlier though so he gets enough sleep at night to make up for missing the nap.

Parenting is tough ladies LOL, I never thought that nap times would be such a huge thing when we were TTC'ing him hahahahahahaha, transitioning from 2 to 1 naps was bad enough, now at least I know he will sleep ALL night if he misses a nap as he's done it before.

As for TTC, OPKs have lines but not dark, I wonder if you can get different sensitivity OPKs? like slightly less sensitive for those of us who always get a line no matter what time of your cycle, would remove a lot of frustration lol

Ladies with O pains, I never noticed them until after I had DS, but I did always notice constipation a few days before then I'd get the runs the day of O, still pretty true, the Estrogen surge gives the runs hahaha, it's my little tell tale marker until I see a temp rise, was certainly true for when I conceived DS and every fertile month since his birth. it's so easily confused with pre-af symptoms if you're unsure of your cycles... For instance, when MIL was deathly sick back at easter, AF went walk about and O pains had me thinking AF was due, nope didn't show till 2 weeks later, 2 weeks late that cycle from all of the stress.... almost 2 months late on the next cycle!!! But I had O pains the whole time she was in surgery and panicked that I didn't have any pads or anything with me, nope it was just really strong O pains.

I seriously NEED to get pregnant before she decides to do all of the reversal surgery next year (stoma and reconnect her intestines to everything down there, she is so over having colostomy bags and wants to go swimming next summer). We almost lost her to infections and then she said she was done, wanted to end it all, we were all very stressed.

On to OPK's today! that is if DS will take a darned nap today, it's getting to be too much of a fight, I may end up letting him stay up today and not nap, this whole not wanting to nap is doing me in, you can see he's clearly tired by 2pm when he doesn't go upstairs to sleep, but the screaming... I don't want the cops at my door thinking I'm torturing him haha. Otherwise he tries to come into the bathroom with me when I test, or he stands there knocking incessantly on the door LOL

grrrr... solidarity on the no nap front! 2 days ago I went to pick her up from a sort of kindergarten we have here (3 days a week for 3 hours) and the teacher told me she was asking to go to sleep the last half hour. Guess what? She changed her mind once she ate lunch! Didn't sleep yesterday either and we had a couple other days that she skipped her nap. I am not ready for this to happen! I LOVE it when she naps :D Fingers crossed it's just a phase for both of our little ones!

Good morning! wow it's gonna be a long day today. 2 year old has lots of mouth ulcers and some spots on her body too. looks like hand foot and mouth which is going around at the moment. she can't eat. barely drink. poor thing is realy miserable
just trying to dose her up with whatever she's allowed have tone give her relief but she's fighting the pain Meds too. then 3 year old woke up with temp and said she felt sore all over. just now the oldest woke roaring and sobbing but he went back to sleep at least. why am I trying for another again??! I do question my sanity on nights like last night.

I had to take temp at 3 in morning 2 hours earlier than normal as I was after probably 1.5 to 2 hours of solid sleep and knew I wouldn't get that again.

any testing today going on? Taylor are you just gonna wait for AF or bfp instead of early testing this month?

grrrr... solidarity on the no nap front! 2 days ago I went to pick her up from a sort of kindergarten we have here (3 days a week for 3 hours) and the teacher told me she was asking to go to sleep the last half hour. Guess what? She changed her mind once she ate lunch! Didn't sleep yesterday either and we had a couple other days that she skipped her nap. I am not ready for this to happen! I LOVE it when she naps :D Fingers crossed it's just a phase for both of our little ones!

So not ready for him to give up naps, naptime was our sneaky bd time on the weekends, kid is going to hinder getting a sibling! I slept so much in the first tri with DS that I am hoping this is just a phase, those naps were glorious! he let me have 2 minutes to pee and test in exchange for a cookie that had to be eaten sitting on his little ikea chair, tomorrow will be coloring books, that buys me a few minutes until I'm made to color it in for him lol. Got to save the good and longer distractions lol. He went to sleep fine he was really cuddling up a half hour early for bed but even when saying he was tired he didn't want to go to bed early... twoberty angst haha

Lyo, hope that your littlest feels better soon, DS had hfmd when he was 4 months old, drinking was the hardest part being so tiny he couldn't have much other than milk.

Frozen pedialyte as icepops can help, we've replaced water when making jello with pedialyte before to make ice pops (jello makes for a good non-dripping icepop) he finished up what frozen breast milk I had when he was tiny for mini icepops.

Those little mouth ulcers are horrible, it's very contagious too :( I got it from him (mildly) and the blisters on your hands and feet are awful, felt like firey pinpricks to walk and touch things. I still had unused cans of dermoplast in the bathroom, that helped soothe my hands and feet, I used covered ice packs on his hands and feet to give some relief. All from patient that was in the drs office had it where DS caught it at his 4 month well check. My hands itch just thinking about it. I hope it's a mild case for your little one!

Off to catch some sleep, praying DS sleeps in till 8!

Hi ladies..haven't got the time to test ..things got really hectic that's y I haven't been on too..also I wake half sleepy on mornings and forget to catch my wee!!
I'm 15dpo..AF due tomorrow..Hopefully it stays away..
If I catch fmu I'll be testing today ..
FTALE..hey hun I'm fine thanks for remembering me..I kno no symptoms doesn't mean I'm not pregnant..but gosh I'd like something to hold onto ..1symptom to go ..plzzz lol lol
Bbygurl..I'm back ..did you have something u wanted to ask me ? Fx for u hun ..it's still early..you might get ur bfp this month. I like ur symptoms
Lyso..I'll test once I can get fmu

bbgurl: I know its stressful :hugs: at 10dpo I normally start going bonkers for my bfp already (that day is coming). Hold tight you are still very early. FX those more sensitive tests to show a sweet bfp soon.

Lyo: EEEKKK...that is my most feared illness. My daughter had it twice after my babysitter at the time started taking her to mall play areas/playground. I kept her way too sheltered but it is so sad to watch them with hfm. I pray they all feel better really really really soon. And you be careful cause it so contagious.
I too have been up since 250am. I have no idea why I woke up. I thought might as well temp. 97.60 no change from yesterday. I did wake up on my back with the chomps opened. And I wasn't ready to get up so I just kept on my pillow. Then like clockwork, my daughter comes to my room complaining of a bad dream at around 320..lol So I was meant to get up early and didn't know it. I tucked her back in and temped one more time to see it was at 98.04...hmmmm It hasn't gotten that high during the day time so maybe I did O.
FX your babies get better real fast and that egg is getting fertilized!

Disney: You are going to be one sleepy mama with your next lil one. I think Aiden might be one to give up naps earlier than most kids. I just remember the being super tired the first 3 months. Its like all they want to do is continuously eat and sleep but not necessarily when you want to :haha:

Coco: 3 hrs? Man that is not long at all for school. I do think its funny she was ready for a nap until she got that energizing food. I know when in daycare food usually puts them to sleep. I don't give my daughter sugary items often but when I do it calms her down instead of getting her hyper. My backwards lil minin..lol

Oily: Don't miss the tantrums at all. And even at 6 years old I'll tell her to go take a break/nap if I see her looking all zombie like. I'll get the 'curse you look' or 'sad lip' but I'm like 'You'll get over it' :coffee:

Taylor: There you are!! I was getting worried. I hope its a good busy you're in. Progesterone is great for lengthening the cycle and I'm calling in today to see if I can get a test scheduled and prometrium ordered for this cycle just in case. I was on it before but I still got my cycle while on it but at least I got the full luteal phase. You are doing AMAZING!!! I'm like, you have to have made a sticky bean. I'm on the edge of my seat for you. :hugs:

AFM: Thought I would post a view of my chart. I like to poke around with it so I do not leave a link in siggy. Some times I forget to unpoke it..lol..and wouldn't want to confuse anyone.

Attachments

• 2dpo.jpg
    2dpo.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 3

So not ready for him to give up naps, naptime was our sneaky bd time on the weekends, kid is going to hinder getting a sibling! I slept so much in the first tri with DS that I am hoping this is just a phase, those naps were glorious! he let me have 2 minutes to pee and test in exchange for a cookie that had to be eaten sitting on his little ikea chair, tomorrow will be coloring books, that buys me a few minutes until I'm made to color it in for him lol. Got to save the good and longer distractions lol. He went to sleep fine he was really cuddling up a half hour early for bed but even when saying he was tired he didn't want to go to bed early... twoberty angst haha

Lyo, hope that your littlest feels better soon, DS had hfmd when he was 4 months old, drinking was the hardest part being so tiny he couldn't have much other than milk.

Frozen pedialyte as icepops can help, we've replaced water when making jello with pedialyte before to make ice pops (jello makes for a good non-dripping icepop) he finished up what frozen breast milk I had when he was tiny for mini icepops.

Those little mouth ulcers are horrible, it's very contagious too :( I got it from him (mildly) and the blisters on your hands and feet are awful, felt like firey pinpricks to walk and touch things. I still had unused cans of dermoplast in the bathroom, that helped soothe my hands and feet, I used covered ice packs on his hands and feet to give some relief. All from patient that was in the drs office had it where DS caught it at his 4 month well check. My hands itch just thinking about it. I hope it's a mild case for your little one!

Off to catch some sleep, praying DS sleeps in till 8!

Aw Disney your poor little man to have that as a little baby. it's so tough on them. I get the odd mouth ulcer and it's horrid. she hasn't eaten a thing yet and top soaked in drool. I'm gonna try some of your suggestions if Ican get to shop today. 3 year old thrown down with temp too but she already had hfm as did my oldest so I doubt theyou can get it again but who knows. Anyway fire on Tv on. screen time all day today just so we can all survive!

Taylor hope af doesn't appear. great that you have gotten so far without testing.

bbgurl: I know its stressful :hugs: at 10dpo I normally start going bonkers for my bfp already (that day is coming). Hold tight you are still very early. FX those more sensitive tests to show a sweet bfp soon.

Lyo: EEEKKK...that is my most feared illness. My daughter had it twice after my babysitter at the time started taking her to mall play areas/playground. I kept her way too sheltered but it is so sad to watch them with hfm. I pray they all feel better really really really soon. And you be careful cause it so contagious.
I too have been up since 250am. I have no idea why I woke up. I thought might as well temp. 97.60 no change from yesterday. I did wake up on my back with the chomps opened. And I wasn't ready to get up so I just kept on my pillow. Then like clockwork, my daughter comes to my room complaining of a bad dream at around 320..lol So I was meant to get up early and didn't know it. I tucked her back in and temped one more time to see it was at 98.04...hmmmm It hasn't gotten that high during the day time so maybe I did O.
FX your babies get better real fast and that egg is getting fertilized!

Disney: You are going to be one sleepy mama with your next lil one. I think Aiden might be one to give up naps earlier than most kids. I just remember the being super tired the first 3 months. Its like all they want to do is continuously eat and sleep but not necessarily when you want to :haha:

Coco: 3 hrs? Man that is not long at all for school. I do think its funny she was ready for a nap until she got that energizing food. I know when in daycare food usually puts them to sleep. I don't give my daughter sugary items often but when I do it calms her down instead of getting her hyper. My backwards lil minin..lol

Oily: Don't miss the tantrums at all. And even at 6 years old I'll tell her to go take a break/nap if I see her looking all zombie like. I'll get the 'curse you look' or 'sad lip' but I'm like 'You'll get over it' :coffee:

Taylor: There you are!! I was getting worried. I hope its a good busy you're in. Progesterone is great for lengthening the cycle and I'm calling in today to see if I can get a test scheduled and prometrium ordered for this cycle just in case. I was on it before but I still got my cycle while on it but at least I got the full luteal phase. You are doing AMAZING!!! I'm like, you have to have made a sticky bean. I'm on the edge of my seat for you. :hugs:

AFM: Thought I would post a view of my chart. I like to poke around with it so I do not leave a link in siggy. Some times I forget to unpoke it..lol..and wouldn't want to confuse anyone.

Ftale didn't know they could be gotten twice. eek. hope the other 2 don't get it again. it's hard watching her in so much pain and not much I can do to help. only cuddle her.
That's so funny you woke up like that..as if your body knew that she was gonna wake up soon. I'm no expert with charts but you are getting a rise. I'd guess you did ovulate.

Lyo: Awwww...yup, tv time. The only way I could find to soothe her was the benadryl the doc had me buy her. Other then that I think she only wanted warm foods like apple sauce but I had to curtail that so she didn't get the runs. So miserable for them. She was about turning 2 at the time.

You think its rising??? Oh, I hope so. I am trying to stay calm. I've done all I can. Going to set my sights on having fun today with my daughter at her fall fest this evening then getting her ready for her party tomorrow night. Just not going to stress. Nothing I can do now really anyway. :blush:

oh dear. other 2 have it too. hope I don't get it. I assume it would affect getting pregnant this month 😢

oh dear. other 2 have it too. hope I don't get it. I assume it would affect getting pregnant this month 😢

Good question. I would have to research it. I don't think you get an antibiotic for it. It just runs its course right? Oh,man. Just wash your hands even more and wash things that they are snuggling with. Its going to be hard but I think you can do it without getting you all sick too.

Monitor yourself for fever too. :hugs:

Well, I just got off the phone with my primary office trying to get a progesterone level tests in there and they worked it out for me to get one on Tuesday which will be 5dpo for me. They didn't have to but I told them I don't have an OB yet because the one I was seeing did not cut it for me. So, luckily they are helping me out. I should get results back by 8dpo and it should be in time enough for prometrium if my levels are low. I know at 10dpo I had a bfp with daughter and they put me on it right away until 12 weeks.

FX for nice BFP's Taylor and BBygirl!

PS, DS's pediatrician said it's very rare for there to be a risk for unborn babies if mum gets HFMD, just stick to meds that are safe during pregnancy in case (ie no ibuprofen or aspirin) for any pain.

Is everyone taking prenatals?

So the fall fest my daughter was suppose to go to tonight is a No Go. I read the flyer wrong and we'd have to pay $30bucks to get in and I was like that is half her lunch money for the month.

I got her to let me off on taking her by agreeing to being her personal spa attendant all night. Doing what ever she asked. MAN she gave me a list of chores that I already do PLUS some more. Mostly she just wanted to play in the bathtub with her toys and eat ice cream afterwards :haha:

Cheapest Spa night ever.

I'm out of prenatals, I took them last cycle, didn't help but I eat my fair share of cornflakes for the folic acid regardless, my ob said that's all I really needed until a bfp... mind you we don't care for her much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->