Making first midwife appointment?

familygirl30

Reaction score
THi ladies, I got my Bfp on Christmas eve, because I have blood clotting history I need to be on blood thinning injections so managed to book appointment for next weds to see my gp, obviously with it been Christmas hols and having relatives to stay not made it for the end of this week.So do I just wait until then to sort out appoimtment with the midwife?I b around 6 weeks by then I think!

Yes you don't need to see a midwife until around 8-10 weeks so there's no rush :)

Yes, you can just wait until the doctor appointment and they will most likely give you a midwife referral form and a midwife will then contact you to make a booking appointment for around 8-9 weeks :)

For my local authority I can just register with the midwife online. I've got a private scan booked Friday, so if that goes ok, I'll probably go online and register after that. Xx

In our area we dont see the doctor anymore, just self refer to the midwife. but I think it depends on your area but as someone said, you have plenty of time x

In our area we dont see the doctor anymore, just self refer to the midwife. but I think it depends on your area but as someone said, you have plenty of time x

Yeah it would usually just be the midwife but because I have to b on blood thinner injections while pregnant I need to see my gp

In my area you just call up the GP and make an appointment for the midwife clinic. Just a heads up though that when I went to my first midwife appointment she actually didn't do anything as I didn't have my notes! With my last pregnancy my first appointment with the midwife was for getting and filling in my notes but now they like you to pick up a blank pack and fill it in yourself before going to the booking in appointment! What a waste of a day's holiday that was!

HTH,

Sarah xxx

So, UK mummies: midwife at 8 weeks and pick up a form beforehand?

It depends on where you live, here the GPS aren't involved, you can contact the midwives once you reach 7 weeks and they arrange your booking appointment after 8 weeks usually.

Our midwives have a form online that you need to print out and bring x

I've just seen you need injections in pregnancy, I would still call the midwives office and see what they advise, they may be okay with seeing you early since you have a medical need.

Littlefish -I meant to put over the phone, I called up the gp to get the midwives number and rang them directly, call at 6/7 weeks as it varies place to place how early they'll see you, here they're very cautious it seems - the don't even give maternity notes till after your 12 weeks scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->