MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Ok - so I just realized that now that this baby is growing in here, it's going to have to come out ................................... I really hate needles so I refuse to have an epideral. The thought of that scares me to the point I can't even verbalize. But, I'm even more scared about the pain of doing a natural birth. Oh goodness. Looks like I have a lot of pep-talking to do.

You will probably be in so much pain at the time you won't care about the needle... you'll be begging for it!!!

I craved fruit and ice with my last pregnancy, I haven't really had a craving yet ,I've just gone of a lot of food as I did last time . I'm so scared to get fat, I was a size 10 when I met my boyfriend , went up to a 14 was a 16 at the end of my pregnancy, size am but I'm 2stone heavier than I was wen pregnant with my son. X

I always said I wouldn't have an epidural and I did. I regret it though, it fell out and stopped working , I get terrible back pain now and slowed my labour right down! X

What's giving birth like? Is it even at all manageable without an epidural?

I've been told that your body naturally has ways to control the pain, since that's what we've been designed to do - but I think we've just become so dependent on pain killers that we just don't know how to handle any pain in life any more so it makes things like labor and childbirth harder. I can't even suffer 20 minutes with a headache ..... so I have no idea what I'll do when there is a watermelon coming out of me lol

Every birth is differnet I wouldn't lie mine was bad. But I was in labour hours, I went 10 days over , was inducded sunday morning , waters were broke at 12am monday morning and he wasn't born til 3.30pm weighing 9lb 5oz ! Was worth the pain tho but I'm scared to do it again x

Ok - so I just realized that now that this baby is growing in here, it's going to have to come out ................................... I really hate needles so I refuse to have an epideral. The thought of that scares me to the point I can't even verbalize. But, I'm even more scared about the pain of doing a natural birth. Oh goodness. Looks like I have a lot of pep-talking to do.

Im on the opposite end as my epi was painless and amazing! I was able to walk right after i gave birth. Ihope i get the same results this time around!

Contractions hurt lol, but i was able to bear w them at 5 cm, thats when i got my epi, around 9cm the epi wore off and it was painful, they just gave me more meds and the pain went away, i just felt a lot of pressure...

Im on the opposite end as my epi was painless and amazing! I was able to walk right after i gave birth. Ihope i get the same results this time around!

Mine too. I was in love with my anesthesiologist for giving me the epidural.

What's giving birth like? Is it even at all manageable without an epidural?

YES!! It is totally manageable.... ofcourse it's not nice, but I did it!
We do have gas & air here in the UK though, which is great!!! (it's like laughing gas with oxygen and it kind of makes you feel like you're tipsy or drunk :haha:)
My labour wasn't the easiest, don't wanna scare anyone but my son was 13 days late, first contraction started on thursday morning 9am and I didn't have him until sunday evening 7.36pm (that's about 82 hrs from the first contractions). He did have his hand on his face though which was probably why it took so long and it took me a while to push him out! I had to have a drip to get my contractions going again cause they kind of slowed down after I'd been pushing for a while.

But I'd say don't worry about giving birth just yet... you have plenty of time to enjoy your pregnancy first and then start thinking about labour. I didn't think about it until I was about 38 weeks pregnant and I admit, I did ask my husband if we could rewind time and just not get pregnant... cause it was getting a bit too real that I was actually going to have to push him out!!

Anyway I always used to think: there are SO many people in the world that have done it, so I can do it too!! And it also helps to think of a person you know that has given birth but you don't think has a very high pain threshold.... :haha:

Just got back from the hospital, I asked the nurse at my surgery if I could get an extra bloodtest done and she had to lie to get me the blood test... she wrote down that I had intermittent bleeding and therefore they wanted me to have the Beta HCG done! Hope I didn't jynx it by her writing that down!!! :dohh: So should get the results from my doctor within a week! (can't believe I have to wait that long!! Might ring them on friday and see what they say). Think it's the only blood test I'm gonna get though....

I was just thinking... maybe it would be nice to put your scan/ultrasound dates on the list aswell, so people can keep track of it if they want to!

So if you want me to list it, please let me know! (and don't forget to tell me how far along you'll be :winkwink:)

I have my first scan (6+6) on July 12. Pretty nervous for it!

I have not seen seen my GP yet but can say my 12week scan will be 27th Aug - scans are always done on Tuesdays in my unit lol

Seems like AGES away !

I should be 12w+4 xx

First scan is july 8th, 8:30am, i will be 5+1 we may not see anything except the sac!

My mom just came over to see me and the baby and shes like are u ready for another?! Im like mom, i, really dont have a choice! Hahaha...she keeps saying, oh i hope shes walking by then! My god mom, me too me too!

I know this is silly, but our names are Already picked out lmao... Owen michael for a boy, and quinn ( havnt thought of a middle name) for a girl... I know, were nuts!

Oh yeh my epidural was amazing when it worked , but with it moving in my back and everything l it wore of . I say I wudnt have anuva but I probz wud lol x

We want a yellow bundle, but i dont know how long that will last since i am such a planner! :)

July 19th for me - 7+2 :)

I can't wait!

And I will definitely be finding out - I am too type A not to know. I have to have everything meticulously put together, so the whole surprise thing just won't work for me. I wish it would, it would be so much fun to just let my DH be the one to announce if it's a boy or girl. It would be absolutely precious. But there's just no way I could wait. I know myself too well .... :p

My first scan is on Sunday - July 7th - I'll be 5 weeks and might not see anything at all - but hey, the perks of fertility clinics! lol

I also really will want to know if it's a girl or boy. I'm too into pink or blue not to. Ooh I can just picture the little pink and blue clothes now... :)

I found out with my son & I want a suprise this time but my oh doesn't . Plus I like to no so I can buy things :) x so we will be finding out x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->