MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I just got off the phone with Blue Cross Blue Shield - my friend was telling me how her breast pump was provided to her at no cost by her insurance so I should call and find out because it will save $300 compared to buying one. And sure enough, my insurance covers the pump and all supplies 100% with no deductible through a medical supply company that is in-network (which I can just pick one off the website). So, if anyone is planning on breastfeeding and wants/needs a pump - it's worth the call to ask if it's covered! :)

Thats great! I have the same insurance! 300$ is crazy for a pump!

Call, call, call! lol They said I just need my doctor to write a prescription and that's all I need. I just emailed my doctor now. I know it's super early - but they said it can take a few months to get it because of the process involved - so if I do it in the next couple weeks, it will be a long while before I get it anyway.

I'd like to join as well since I just got my betas back and they had a doubling time of about 26 hours! My initial was low at 20.3 so I was convinced it would be another chemical (I've had three chemicals)...well I got my beta back today and it was 131 yesterday, just 70 hours from my first beta! My progesterone was a bit on the fence at 13.9 but that was when my beta was 20.3 so they said it is probably fine, but I am supplementing with 200mg of Prometrium just in case! My first prenatal appointment is on 7/10 and I think we will set a scan date then...I don't really want one too early...maybe around 8/9 weeks :)

Yay for March babies!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thank you! I was really excited to see you are one day ahead of me, haha! So exciting!!!

Yes, it is - I am still in complete shock myself. I just keep pinching myself because it seems so unreal!

I just got off the phone with Blue Cross Blue Shield - my friend was telling me how her breast pump was provided to her at no cost by her insurance so I should call and find out because it will save $300 compared to buying one. And sure enough, my insurance covers the pump and all supplies 100% with no deductible through a medical supply company that is in-network (which I can just pick one off the website). So, if anyone is planning on breastfeeding and wants/needs a pump - it's worth the call to ask if it's covered! :)

Call, call, call! lol They said I just need my doctor to write a prescription and that's all I need. I just emailed my doctor now. I know it's super early - but they said it can take a few months to get it because of the process involved - so if I do it in the next couple weeks, it will be a long while before I get it anyway.

I actually wont be breast feeding (with my type 1 diabetes its just too rough after birth the way it is with blood sugars), just thought it was awesome that they would pay for one for you, thats great for you! :)

Just curious, does anyone have any experience with fetal dopplers? I probably would not get one until first hearing the heartbeat but does anyone know which are considered the best? I think it'd be nice to have one to listen to the heartbeat before I start feeling the baby move.

I actually wont be breast feeding (with my type 1 diabetes its just too rough after birth the way it is with blood sugars), just thought it was awesome that they would pay for one for you, thats great for you! :)

Ohhh ... I wonder if my PCOS will make me have any issues with that, because I have to take 1500mg of metformin every day to regulate my insulin levels. I guess I will find out. I do want to breastfeed - so I'm going to try, but sometimes, you just can't.

Just curious, does anyone have any experience with fetal dopplers? I probably would not get one until first hearing the heartbeat but does anyone know which are considered the best? I think it'd be nice to have one to listen to the heartbeat before I start feeling the baby move.

With my first i rented a really good one because it worked early on! :) it was like 25$ a month..once i started to feek baby move i returned it :).

I really like the Sonoline B.

I did the same, I rented one with my first, but I'd really like to buy one this time.... they're going quite cheap on ebay, so I'm gonna have to have a look at some reviews I think! But I'm gonna wait till at least 10 weeks...

Yeah I am going to wait until after I hear and see the heartbeat on ultrasound before taking the plunge and buying a doppler but I think I'd like to have one.

Other than my great beta news today, I also found out I am starting my new job TOMORROW...ahhhh! I am nervous of how this will affect everything for me physically since I have been in transition between jobs for two months now and have been able to keep a relaxed schedule at home...but I am excited :) Definitely need to work as long as I can to earn some money for baby!

Yeah I am going to wait until after I hear and see the heartbeat on ultrasound before taking the plunge and buying a doppler but I think I'd like to have one.

Other than my great beta news today, I also found out I am starting my new job TOMORROW...ahhhh! I am nervous of how this will affect everything for me physically since I have been in transition between jobs for two months now and have been able to keep a relaxed schedule at home...but I am excited :) Definitely need to work as long as I can to earn some money for baby!

Congrats on the job!

I am a college professor and i worked all the way up to dec 23rd ( end of the semester), had ella jan 4th( in between semesters) and went back for the next semester a week later! Lol.i took absolutely no time off and illbe honest, it wasnt bad! :)

This one will be born during the semester so i may need to take so,e time off.

I'd say definitely take SOME time off to be home! I plan on taking 12 weeks and then seeing how I feel about going back. Luckily my new job is as a classroom consultant and I would be able to bring bubba to work with me so I feel like I should take advantage of that unique situation! Still would be nice to stay home, but I feel like I would get stir-crazy.

Ok - so I just realized that now that this baby is growing in here, it's going to have to come out ................................... I really hate needles so I refuse to have an epideral. The thought of that scares me to the point I can't even verbalize. But, I'm even more scared about the pain of doing a natural birth. Oh goodness. Looks like I have a lot of pep-talking to do.

Don't even fret....by the time your 40 weeks pregnant you are so over the swollen feet, peeing yourself, aches,pains, not sleeping,feeling like someone just broke your rib, waddling, constipation and boobs that you need to protect like fort knox's because they're so sensitive......you welcome whatever is coming next.....Not only that..your seriously DYING to meet this little person inside you......but at this beautiful stage it's impossible to even understand you'll have that mind set....but you will...trust me.....that being said...I actually had one of the easier labours....but it still sucks...it's beautiful...but it sucks! LMAO....

Wait .... peeing yourself? What? OMG THey should have a freakin book out, "What to expect when you think you want to get pregnant" LOL OH MAN. Constipation!? Well, this will be lovely :D lol
Omg!!! I'm dying of laughter I'm so sorry!!! Lmao!! I really don't want to be the second time mom who scare the crap out of everyone....Hahahahahahaha. Once the baby gets heavy it presses on your bladder. It can make for some "accidents"when you sneeze or laugh really hard. For me because I was throwing up so late into my pregnancy the pressure cause me to pee when I threw up. Omg I need to stop talking before I scare the lights out of all of you. Bottom line. It's worth it and I'm doing it again so it can't be THAT bad!!!!

Doppler-had one with my first and LOVED it. But it really does take some time to get good at finding the hb. They are so insanely low of so long. I've heard you can YouTube how to find it. So once you get the hang of it I love it. Once I hit 8 weeks I'm gonna bring mine out and start trying to find it. But won't stress if I can't find it. I know it's super early!

As for "down there" ..my daughter is 2 and 2 months and things are 100% back to normal. They were after like 3 months max? Honestly I was SO scared but mine looks 100% like it did. I mean the lip area isn't quite as firm "looking" but everything that matters goes back to normal. Hahahahaha. I had what women would consider a "super text book" labour so I can share that one day when were ready. That will give you hope and NOT scare you! Hahahahaha.

I'd say definitely take SOME time off to be home! I plan on taking 12 weeks and then seeing how I feel about going back. Luckily my new job is as a classroom consultant and I would be able to bring bubba to work with me so I feel like I should take advantage of that unique situation! Still would be nice to stay home, but I feel like I would get stir-crazy.

I work from home, so I am lucky in that aspect - but since I am in the legal field, I still have to be on the phone/computer "normal" business hours Mon-Fri. So, I will be taking some time off. I don't think I'll take over a month - I cannot go without working more than a couple weeks before I start going insane. I hate being at the house. Now that may change when the baby comes, but I don't feel like getting 60% on short term after I exhaust all my vacation and sick time. So I will probably only take a month off.

I LOVE the time off with my new baby while on maternity leave; and the longer the better for me lol:haha:.

I love my work and would not feel complete if I never went back (I am a RN in an ITU) but my maternity leave is precious. I will have at least 9months , made up of between maternity and holiday leave, and am even worrying abut that being short lol - last time I had over a year.

I plan to breastfeed, and babywear and generally spend as much infant time with my new little baby as is possible.

But I know it is not for everyone, my SiL went back after only 4weeks because it suited her and her circumstances

xx

I may end up leaving my job depending on how I feel after 12 weeks...finances are definitely a factor and while I think I could be a SAHM, I just want to be careful not to throw away a good job if we really need the cash flow. I don't think my job would allow for any longer than 12 weeks since they follow FMLA. I am so jealous of people overseas and in Canada for all of the maternity leave that they get!

I am definitely feeling some MAJOR symptoms today. Insanely sore boobs (does anyone have a suggestion for a comfortable bra because mine currently feels like a torture device!), constantly hungry, bloated, feeling really exhausted and a bit of a dizzy feeling here and there. I can't wait for each new symptom because it makes me feel a bit more relaxed!

Hi ladies! :howdy:

I saw my first :bfp: Saturday but I thought my eyes were deceiving me but the lines keep getting darker.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/kittyfeliz/image-15.jpg

It's still super early, I don't expect :witch: til July 4th (I think my FF ovulation day may be off). I'm probably due March 14th-ish and this will be my first child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->