MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Hi ladies

Im new here still trying to find my feet.

Im from South Africa :winkwink:

Im due March 19 2014 according to first scan at 5weeks but according to LMP Im due March 12

I had a blighted ovum last year at 10 weeks.

I have a 12yr old son as well.

:hi: blessedbaby, congrats and welcome

Morning ladies, hope everyone isnt feeling too bad today. Ive woke up with no headache for once, so thats a positive, but this darn cold and runny nose is annoying me.

Good morning ladies I feel terrible this morning god awful nausea and a raging head cold I'm going to try and go to work but might not make it through the whole day... blah!

Good morning ladies I feel terrible this morning god awful nausea and a raging head cold I'm going to try and go to work but might not make it through the whole day... blah!

Aww shame hope you feel better soon

Im using ASIC tabs and it really helps me with my nausea

Thats great j lynn,but do insurances onlycover one ultrasound? Ive never heard of that! I always thought whatever thedoctor deemed medically necessary?? I had about 12 scans all covered last pregnancy...

Theirs does - mine covers as many as I need (BCBS of FL is what I have), but she has government insurance ... so that maybe explains it. My husbands insurance has gotten better over the last 13 years also since his last child, so his insurance covers however many are like you said, deemed medically necessary. His insurance even covers IUIs and IVF the lucky turd (he has BCBS of Minnesota) lol I'm going on his insurance at the end of this year to have double coverage for when the baby gets here so we won't have any bills after - that was at the suggestion of the insurance department at the Drs office ... it was a brilliant idea that I never would have thought of. I didn't know you could be double insured.

But yeah, some insurance companies still won't cover the ultrasounds even if they're "medically necessary" because she's considered high risk because she's a carrier of something, I just can't remember what it is, and they still won't cover them. So that's insane.

Just curious but how much has everyone gained so far? I'm up almost 2 whole lbs :(

I've gained nothing so far. Was down 1.6lbs last time I was at the dr. Maybe this will keep up for a while, I'm already a big overweight as it is so yeah I don't plan on gaining anything until much later into this pregnancy.

Yea, I agree...was really depressing to hear my fat butt can only gain 15 lbs. wonder if I should switch to a female doc. I think she may be more linient, lol

I was told the same thing, being overweight you should only gain around 20lbs, not the 35lbs that skinny chicks gain lol I think that's pretty good, because it's only baby weight - you yourself shouldn't gain anything. But we're only supposed to eat an extra 300 calories a day, so really just gaining baby wouldn't be hard I don't think. I say that now, but it may be easier said than done in a few months LOLOLOL I know if this damn obsession with hot, extra crispy fries doesn't end soon I will start gaining weight any time now. Making sure I stay in the gym I think has been my saving grace so far hahahaha

Hope you get to feeling better :flower:

This is a weird question, but since this is my 2nd pregnancy do you think its necessary for me to book an appointment right away to be seen or just hold off til I'm out of 1st tri? Mostly I'm thinking about holding off because of finances.
And really the first appointment I had the last time was just with a nurse and her blabbing about the hospital policies and all...I didn't even get really "seen"
Also will probably be going to a dif hospital, my DH doesn't want me seeing midwives this time *sigh* I think because he didn't like that hospital we went to the first time.

Hope ur ok girls. I've been in tears today. I hate complaining but I feel so ill. :( I'm barely eating ! I'm tired and drained . My last pregnancy defo wasn't this hard & I have a 17 month old who's hard work lol. X even feeding him makes me sick x hope ur al well x

Hi Ladies,
I'm going to dive right in because I am so emotional and confused. Here is a timeline... If any of you have ideas or answers that would be great. Just so you know I am going in first thing Monday morning to see my doc and get this sorted out. I had a loss in April, so I am just hoping for the best.

June 1st: LMP
July 11th: 1st u/s measuring 5w5d with a heartbeat rate of 107
July 27th: slight spotting (LIGHT pink/brown) for about 2 hours. didn't even come out on a pad, just when I wiped. Decided to go to ER just to double check. Got an ultrasound (abdominal) WITHOUT a completely full bladder. The tech didn't really even dig/push hard. It took about 7 mins.

Doc came in and said "For 10.5 weeks we should see a heartbeat and we don't"....no words...floored...well according to my husband I said..."but I'm only 7 weeks". How did baby grow 4 weeks in 16days???? My first thought after that was....Oh you are reading the wrong report, that must be the report from April. (Miscarried at 13.5 weeks and was measuring at 10.5)

I asked for an vaginal ultrasound to make sure because: I don't believe they got it accurate with the dates so maybe they didn't do a thorough enough job to find heartbeat. He said no and asked if I would like to go ahead and schedule a D/C. I said no thank you...and we left.

So: I realize that I may be in denial and just grasping at straws. I have NEVER not believed everything a doctor has said in my life. I always just assume they know! I have such a strong feeling that they were wrong. The first time I was told no heartbeat at 10.5 weeks and I knew they were right and it was over. I don't necessarily believe that everything is going to be just fine...BUT I guess I should get a second opinion. The spotting has now stopped and I never had any pain or cramping (I did with my last m/c). Does anyone have a clue whats going on?

Hi Everyone!
The doctor read the wrong report..... just sinking in for me. Bumper is just perfect. Measuring 8 weeks and 3 days, heartrate is 174 bpm. I am so so happy and so so angry. So what happened is: the doctor I had read the report from my miscarriage in April instead of the current one. (Yes we have already filed a complaint at the hospital, university, ER and my GP has filed his own complaints with each). THANK YOU so much for all of your comments and support. It means so much and I am so happy I get to stick around with you! So: my message is make sure you follow your instincts and are your own primary caregiver first. Doctors don't know everything...I am living/bump growing proof! :cloud9:

Hope everyone is feeling better soon.:hugs:

Hi Ladies,
I'm going to dive right in because I am so emotional and confused. Here is a timeline... If any of you have ideas or answers that would be great. Just so you know I am going in first thing Monday morning to see my doc and get this sorted out. I had a loss in April, so I am just hoping for the best.

June 1st: LMP
July 11th: 1st u/s measuring 5w5d with a heartbeat rate of 107
July 27th: slight spotting (LIGHT pink/brown) for about 2 hours. didn't even come out on a pad, just when I wiped. Decided to go to ER just to double check. Got an ultrasound (abdominal) WITHOUT a completely full bladder. The tech didn't really even dig/push hard. It took about 7 mins.

Doc came in and said "For 10.5 weeks we should see a heartbeat and we don't"....no words...floored...well according to my husband I said..."but I'm only 7 weeks". How did baby grow 4 weeks in 16days???? My first thought after that was....Oh you are reading the wrong report, that must be the report from April. (Miscarried at 13.5 weeks and was measuring at 10.5)

I asked for an vaginal ultrasound to make sure because: I don't believe they got it accurate with the dates so maybe they didn't do a thorough enough job to find heartbeat. He said no and asked if I would like to go ahead and schedule a D/C. I said no thank you...and we left.

So: I realize that I may be in denial and just grasping at straws. I have NEVER not believed everything a doctor has said in my life. I always just assume they know! I have such a strong feeling that they were wrong. The first time I was told no heartbeat at 10.5 weeks and I knew they were right and it was over. I don't necessarily believe that everything is going to be just fine...BUT I guess I should get a second opinion. The spotting has now stopped and I never had any pain or cramping (I did with my last m/c). Does anyone have a clue whats going on?

Hi Everyone!
The doctor read the wrong report..... just sinking in for me. Bumper is just perfect. Measuring 8 weeks and 3 days, heartrate is 174 bpm. I am so so happy and so so angry. So what happened is: the doctor I had read the report from my miscarriage in April instead of the current one. (Yes we have already filed a complaint at the hospital, university, ER and my GP has filed his own complaints with each). THANK YOU so much for all of your comments and support. It means so much and I am so happy I get to stick around with you! So: my message is make sure you follow your instincts and are your own primary caregiver first. Doctors don't know everything...I am living/bump growing proof! :cloud9:

Hope everyone is feeling better soon.:hugs:

So so glad you questioned it and didn't just go along with the doctor! Congratulations on your healthy bean :)

If i only gained 15 lbs itd be a bloody miracle!
With ella igained 50lbs. All my doc said was well lets try to not gain that much this time...lol

I just kind of laughed.. I will eat what i want when i want and i dont care, im pregnant!

That's brilliant news TT! Glad you got the second opinion!

AFM my ms is going so I'm getting paranoid that I'm having a mc again. I'm 8 weeks today. Isn't that a bit early to get nothing after 4 weeks of almost all day every day!

I'm in a local mommy group on FB and I asked them today for their 1st trimester nausea relief suggestions and thought I'd share with all of you in case there was one or two you hadn't heard of or tried yet.

-Caffeine free peppermint tea and reeds ginger candies bought at World Market or on Amazon
-Protein bars
-Baked potato with lots of butter and sour cream with salt
-sea bands
-Sucking on hard candy
-"SOUR PATCH KIDS AND SOUR WATERMELON SLICES ...LOTS & LOTS OF THEM SERIOUSLY IT IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED FOR ME, I HAD NAUSEA FOR 16WEEKS"
-Vitamin B6
-"Don't ever let your stomach get empty!! Eating little snacks all day is better then eating big meals... I learned quick! If ur craving a bag of chips cuz that will ease your stomach go for it!"
-"Crystallized ginger! It works wonders!! Take small bites!"
-Greek yogurt, lots of protein
-Unisom (or Unisom with B6 before bed.)
-"ONLY thing I found to ease the nauseousness -- I had it severely ( but no throwing up) for 16 weeks...https://www.reedsinc.com/product-category/reeds-ginger-products/"
-Reeds Ginger brew
-"ginger capsules. take one with breakfast and it would last tell dinner. i think i got them at rite aid or cvs"
-triple ginger cookies from Trader Joe's
-ginger, lemonheads, & vit B6
-"drank ginger lemon tea, drank ginger ale, and definitely kept my tummy full"
-Prima Bella Band
-Lemonheads

I second the potatoes smothered in sourcream butter and salt....and also the candy watermelon slices!

Hi ladies!

I feel so bad, feel like I haven't responded to the multitude of posts on here... everytime I check in I have about 4-5 pages of back posts to read! :haha:

The sickness is getting to me more and more. I have my OB appointment tomorrow so hopefully he can give me something!

I got the paperwork back from my ultrasound. They sent me a copy of the report. First line : History: threatened abortion.... I almost lost it. I have no idea why they put that. Maybe because I was before 12 weeks?? So scary! I have had NO bleeding or spotting (I had one day of light brown discharge for like one wipe and that was it.) It was heart wrenching. Then, in the findings the heart rate was 108 with regular rhythm. And then in the conclusion: heart rate is 108 which is somewhat low and further evaluation is needed.... ughhh tugging at the heart strings. :nope:

Oh well I guess I'll see what the doc says tomorrow :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->