MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

How far were u at the scan? My scan at 6+1 was a hb of 102! They told me that was normal since the heart literally just started beating.

How far were u at the scan? My scan at 6+1 was a hb of 102! They told me that was normal since the heart literally just started beating.

I was measured 6w+4d. Everyone keeps saying I'm soooo early. I'm too early. Idk... I think I'm pretty good.

Hi ladies!

I feel so bad, feel like I haven't responded to the multitude of posts on here... everytime I check in I have about 4-5 pages of back posts to read! :haha:

The sickness is getting to me more and more. I have my OB appointment tomorrow so hopefully he can give me something!

I got the paperwork back from my ultrasound. They sent me a copy of the report. First line : History: threatened abortion.... I almost lost it. I have no idea why they put that. Maybe because I was before 12 weeks?? So scary! I have had NO bleeding or spotting (I had one day of light brown discharge for like one wipe and that was it.) It was heart wrenching. Then, in the findings the heart rate was 108 with regular rhythm. And then in the conclusion: heart rate is 108 which is somewhat low and further evaluation is needed.... ughhh tugging at the heart strings. :nope:

Oh well I guess I'll see what the doc says tomorrow :cloud9:

Have they scheduled you in for another scan? My bean measured 6w4d with a hb of 119bpm then when it should have measured 8w1d it measured 7w6d with a hb of 178... so it went up a ton. Ultrasound techs can also be off on measurements literally the slightest move of a crosshair or the baby curling/uncurling can change measurements by up to a week which is why they allow for a week margin of error with US... what I'm saying is maybe your bean was more like 6w2d or less in which case the hb is normal. Even for 6w4d it could be normal... the heart has just started beating! Try to relax though I know it'll be impossible... I hope they scan you again very soon <3

I second the potatoes smothered in sourcream butter and salt....and also the candy watermelon slices!

I craved baked potatoes my last pregnancy and have a hankering for mashed potatoes again this time. I also LOVE the watermelon slices and those will work well for something to snack on while at work.

congratulations! Did you know that you are nine times more likely to have twins if you conceive whilst breastfeeding?

Omg no, I'm still bf baby 1. Twins had crossed my mind bc symptoms are worse this time round.

I have got to just complain a bit...I feel SO sick today...not only raging nausea (and my god it is raging) but also the worst head cold I think I have ever had. I also am starting to get sciatica so I have had butt pains/upper leg pains. Awesome. I feel like curling into a tiny ball and sleeping away the next four weeks. Doesn't help that my work is zero percent understanding...I worked through lunch to go home early and they ended up making me stay while my eyes were bloodshot and watering, with dark circles under my eyes, my nose running like crazy and me running to the bathroom every five minutes feeling like I have to throw up (but didn't today...yet). I am very very happy to be pregnant but man today just really overwhelmed the crap out of me. I think I will hit the sack early tonight and hope I get some quality rest. :sleep:

I have got to just complain a bit...I feel SO sick today...not only raging nausea (and my god it is raging) but also the worst head cold I think I have ever had. I also am starting to get sciatica so I have had butt pains/upper leg pains. Awesome. I feel like curling into a tiny ball and sleeping away the next four weeks. Doesn't help that my work is zero percent understanding...I worked through lunch to go home early and they ended up making me stay while my eyes were bloodshot and watering, with dark circles under my eyes, my nose running like crazy and me running to the bathroom every five minutes feeling like I have to throw up (but didn't today...yet). I am very very happy to be pregnant but man today just really overwhelmed the crap out of me. I think I will hit the sack early tonight and hope I get some quality rest. :sleep:

Anybody every wake up late at night with hunger pains? Got off work at midnight--tried to sleep, but it's 2:30 am and I'm eating crackers---it's the best thing in the world right now!

Hello lovely ladies :)
It's a sweltering 78 degrees here in Alaska, it's been a hot summer. Close to 80 for a few weeks now, unseasonably hot! But I'm glad I will be bigger in the fall and winter. Nice!
Any 35 and older moms on here. This is my first pregnancy at 35, and I've heard vaguely some things about the Harmony and MaterniT21 test. It's tests for chromosomal abnormalities, etc., and I hear it even tells you baby's sex...I believe it's done between 9-13 weeks. Anyone have this test yet or is everyone a lil early for it (that's in the category)

Just as an FYI: my sister, who is pregnant with her second (due exactly one month before me, February 13 :D) told me about prescription med called Zofran that she swears by for MS and nausea. She said it is one your OB has to call in, but if you're not against medicinal help it's worth asking about at least!

Hello, I'll be taking the alpha-fetoprotein screening (AFP) test in September, but it's not a risky test. There is another test , amniocentesis and this is a test I refuse to take.

My aunt had her first baby at 40 and second at 43--both healthy so don't worry too much about being an over 35-year old mother.

Morning girls. Hope ur all ok. :) I've woke up with a pounding headache I can say ill be so happy once I'm out 1st trimester. Not too long now . I can't wait to c my baba on the scan. I have no reason to think anything is wrong bt u still worry don't u. X

Just as an FYI: my sister, who is pregnant with her second (due exactly one month before me, February 13 :D) told me about prescription med called Zofran that she swears by for MS and nausea. She said it is one your OB has to call in, but if you're not against medicinal help it's worth asking about at least!

My cousin and I were 3 weeks apart, (he died in a car crash 10 years ago so I'm over it) and we had a lovely photo taken when we're 3+6 weeks old sitting on out grandparents laps at Christmas. I was pretty close to him when we were younger, but my parents moved and we grew apart. It was very nice though :)

TT, so glad to hear that everything is ok!!! :hugs: Glad you didn't go with what your doctor said! Can't believe they can be so ignorant!! It's not hard to read the right piece of paper with the right date on it!!!

Hope you all start feeling better soon!!

I have been feeling quite alright since I was 8 weeks. Been trying the doppler every now and then, but I think it's just too early! Can't find it yet... Gonna keep trying once a week until we find it! I have to admit I catch myself wondering sometimes what if there's no baby or no heartbeat! Eventhough I know it's early! But then I just tell myself that there are plenty of doctors/midwives that can't find the heartbeat until much later on, hence the reason they don't check until 16+weeks over here in the UK! (cause they don't want to worry anyone unnecessarily)
Anyway, we are off to the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum today!! :)

Good morning

Im ok today just craving fruits.

I do suffer from MS but its not so bad after the doc put me on ASIC tablets.
Some of you should try this.

I hope you girls feel better soon and to TT Im glad everything is going well :hugs:

Yayyyy I've got my scan date !! :D 20th august at 10.40am ! Ill be 12+1 , just under 3 weeks to go can't wait to c my baba x

Hi all!
Well, my lab results weren't horrid as I had feared; the only abnormal result was my urine culture--my evil OB had me scared half to death that something was seriously wrong. I am changing physicians as soon as possible. :)
The last day or two I've been blessed with a bit of morning sickness reprieve; thank God.
How are you all?

Bani Vani: seeing your posts always make me happy :) You remind me very much of a friend of mine that splits her time between NYC and Madrid. <3

congratulations! Did you know that you are nine times more likely to have twins if you conceive whilst breastfeeding?

Omg no, I'm still bf baby 1. Twins had crossed my mind bc symptoms are worse this time round.

Yes, I'm still bf #1 too, but my symptoms are similar to last time. Still statistically a small chance, 1.1% chance of twins normally and 12.4% chance whilst bf. (Is based on a scientific study by Dr Gary Steinman if you want to google it).

Also, at my age (37) I am 4x more likely to have twins than if I were 20 years younger. So I do think it is a possibility.

Hi Ladies,
I'm going to dive right in because I am so emotional and confused. Here is a timeline... If any of you have ideas or answers that would be great. Just so you know I am going in first thing Monday morning to see my doc and get this sorted out. I had a loss in April, so I am just hoping for the best.

June 1st: LMP
July 11th: 1st u/s measuring 5w5d with a heartbeat rate of 107
July 27th: slight spotting (LIGHT pink/brown) for about 2 hours. didn't even come out on a pad, just when I wiped. Decided to go to ER just to double check. Got an ultrasound (abdominal) WITHOUT a completely full bladder. The tech didn't really even dig/push hard. It took about 7 mins.

Doc came in and said "For 10.5 weeks we should see a heartbeat and we don't"....no words...floored...well according to my husband I said..."but I'm only 7 weeks". How did baby grow 4 weeks in 16days???? My first thought after that was....Oh you are reading the wrong report, that must be the report from April. (Miscarried at 13.5 weeks and was measuring at 10.5)

I asked for an vaginal ultrasound to make sure because: I don't believe they got it accurate with the dates so maybe they didn't do a thorough enough job to find heartbeat. He said no and asked if I would like to go ahead and schedule a D/C. I said no thank you...and we left.

So: I realize that I may be in denial and just grasping at straws. I have NEVER not believed everything a doctor has said in my life. I always just assume they know! I have such a strong feeling that they were wrong. The first time I was told no heartbeat at 10.5 weeks and I knew they were right and it was over. I don't necessarily believe that everything is going to be just fine...BUT I guess I should get a second opinion. The spotting has now stopped and I never had any pain or cramping (I did with my last m/c). Does anyone have a clue whats going on?

Hi Everyone!
The doctor read the wrong report..... just sinking in for me. Bumper is just perfect. Measuring 8 weeks and 3 days, heartrate is 174 bpm. I am so so happy and so so angry. So what happened is: the doctor I had read the report from my miscarriage in April instead of the current one. (Yes we have already filed a complaint at the hospital, university, ER and my GP has filed his own complaints with each). THANK YOU so much for all of your comments and support. It means so much and I am so happy I get to stick around with you! So: my message is make sure you follow your instincts and are your own primary caregiver first. Doctors don't know everything...I am living/bump growing proof! :cloud9:

Hope everyone is feeling better soon.:hugs:

Good god, that doctor is so incompetent!!!! Thank god you didn't take him up on his offer of a D&C! I'm so glad you have filed complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->