MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I had a prenatal appointment this morning and my OB asked how I've been feeling. I said nauseous all day long and he asked if I'm drinking a lot of fluids. I said I try to but I'm a slacker. He told me that making sure you're constantly drinking is going to help fight off the nausea better than snacking on crackers or eating constantly. He said that can make it worse but constantly drinking something will help.

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to try something else for relief.

We also tried to listen for the heartbeat today but couldn't find it. I'm not too worried because my last pregnancy we tried at 10 weeks but didn't hear it so we tried at my next appointment and there it was. He said my pulse is good and strong and was likely hiding the baby's heartbeat since it's so early/low right now.

i had a regular ob apptmnt today, he didnt even listen to the heartbeat but i guess because i just had a u/s and i go again aug 27th that he thinks well be fine until then.

i had a regular ob apptmnt today, he didnt even listen to the heartbeat but i guess because i just had a u/s and i go again aug 27th that he thinks well be fine until then.

My OB said he normally doesn't try listening this early but if I wanted him to, he would. I said yes... just in case he could find it but figured he probably wouldn't lol.

Day 2...no morning sickness...I'm hopeful it's over, yay!
And I got on the scale this morning and I'm back down to my prepregnancy weight. Kinda weird I was heavier with morning sickness, but I'm thinking since I'm no longer constipated that has alot to do with not holding onto that extra weight. Another day of feeling good. I'm so grateful... so is hubby, lol...Asked me as soon as I woke up "How you feeling?" I said "Great!" You should have seen the look of relief on his face, tee hee..

What is this FB page everyone is speaking of? I am bad at posting here. Super easy to read, but I don't always reply. Especially when I'm on my phone.

Send me a message with your name and/or link to your profile, and I'll add you and then invite you to the group

Still feeling absolutely horrible...
I'm holding out for the second tri, I don't know how much more of nausea and exhaustion I can take! Haha. I'm down 5 pounds now. I just wanna eat lol

Anyone give me some insight on how to join or find the FB group? Thanks!

If you send me a message with your name or a link to your profile, I'll add you then send you an invite to the page.

So apparently my mom already knows... She text my sister saying "let me guess, Amanda's pregnant again and waiting til she's 3 months along to tell me?"

And my stepdad (the only one of them working) may be losing his job so things around the house are about to really suck.

J_Lynn- No one can see on your FB activity if you join the group, right?

For those of you who can't find the HB, I would recommend this video for finding it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ5AwmIpMl8 I tried for a few days unsuccessfully because I was trying RIGHT at my pubic bone based on what I had read. Once I tried this method I found it very quickly. I can now find it within a minute or two very easily every time I try. I know some ladies can't hear it early on but I am not especially thin by any means, I just pushed down a little harder and it worked for me. It brings me a lot of reassurance to listen to the HB! I hope this helps. FWIW my baby is almost always on the right side about 1.5 inches above my pubic bone. If you hear a loud howling sound you are usually close as that is the placenta :)

Urgh! So I kust cant sleep. Think I am subconciously worrying about the scan tomorrow. I havent had bleeding for a few days, and still getting my normal symptoms, so all should be well tomorrow. I will suffer tomorrow with hardly any sleep. I get tired even when I sleep 10+ hours at night!

Good luck Shabutie! I am sure all will be fine :)

I had my first OB appointment today, and I saw our little bub jumping around! So awesome, actually looks like a little baby now! At my 7.5 week scan he/she just looked like a little peanut!

Good luck Shabutie! I am sure all will be fine :)

I had my first OB appointment today, and I saw our little bub jumping around! So awesome, actually looks like a little baby now! At my 7.5 week scan he/she just looked like a little peanut!

Aww thats so cute, I remember Amaras 12 week scan, was was bouncing about all happy, showing off!

Scans are awesome at 12 weeks!! (never had one before then, apart from when there was nothing there :cry:) But I don't think I'll EVER forget my first scan at 12 weeks with my son! I was so scared there wasn't going to be anything in there as I didn't really have any symptoms and ofcourse you can't feel anything and you couldn't see any difference from the outside yet, so I was kinda freaking out and then we saw that little wriggly worm just bouncing around. It was awesome! Can't wait to see it this time around!!

Did anyone bring their child with them to the scan?? We're planning to bring our LO with us!

Decemberwait, I can't see the video..... Would like to watch it though! We found the HB last friday, but when we tried again last night we couldn't find it.... :shrug: baby was probably hiding!

I was at 10.5 weeks- so it was just the scan in my OB's rooms. I have my 12 week one on the 26/8- CAN'T WAIT! Looking forward to the next few weeks passing quickly! I am sure they will as we are in the process of extending our house so lots to think about and keep me busy!

I hope everyone suffering from MS is feeling a bit better :)

Morning girls. I was the same at my 12 week scan, I was so scared nothing would be there and wen I saw my baby I burst into tears I was so happy . We had been trying for 3 years and was so amazing ill never forget that day. I'm so looking forward to next week. 1 week today :) I'm stil nervous and scared like I was with my son, bt I'm sure all will be fine :) x I'm on my way to 12 weeks wow! X

Can't believe people are talking about how close their 12 week scans are and here I am not even having my first midwife app yet! I'm seeing her tomorrow but just for the booking in so nothing special. I remember panicking about seeing nothing on my 12 week scan even though I had listened to the heartbeat that same morning :haha:

Nothing will stop you worrying!

For those of you who can't find the HB, I would recommend this video for finding it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ5AwmIpMl8 I tried for a few days unsuccessfully because I was trying RIGHT at my pubic bone based on what I had read. Once I tried this method I found it very quickly. I can now find it within a minute or two very easily every time I try. I know some ladies can't hear it early on but I am not especially thin by any means, I just pushed down a little harder and it worked for me. It brings me a lot of reassurance to listen to the HB! I hope this helps. FWIW my baby is almost always on the right side about 1.5 inches above my pubic bone. If you hear a loud howling sound you are usually close as that is the placenta :)

Wow thanks for this - baby is much higher up than I thought would be, considering we are always told that uterus is hiding behind low behind pubic bone until 12 weeks or so haha

Morning ladies...hope you are all well xx

I went for my MW appointment yesterday and I am being referred for a dating scan...iv been lucky enough to get a appointment tomorrow due to a cancelation! Looking forward to the reassurance xx

Morning ladies! :hi:

Hope everyone is alright. Managed to drift off at 5.30am, and woke at 8.30am as the EPU were ringing me just to ask what has happened so far...

Im just off now to drop Amara off with a friend, and then heading off for the scan. Hoping to come back with good news and a scan pic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->