MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

My ms is getting worse and its every single day...thought id get by with none this time but im wrong, ive been sick everyday this week.. Yuck.

I actually feel fine today but I seem to have fine days followed by blah days, hormones are wacky! Btw I took a video of baby's hb wasn't easy to press the doppler and video tape so the reading was jumpy but before I taped it the reading was between 170-180.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg7vAy15w_s&feature=youtu.be

My ms is getting worse and its every single day...thought id get by with none this time but im wrong, ive been sick everyday this week.. Yuck.

My nausea has been worse the last few days (still no throwing up, what gives??!) so I googled last night, "Increased nausea 10 weeks" and several things came up basically saying that 9-10ish weeks is when your hormones peak so your symptoms/nausea peaks at that time as well.

I don't know for a fact but I want to guess that it's because the placenta is gearing up to take over so your hormones go into overdrive to make sure all is okay in there haha.

Also, an update to my post from yesterday saying that my mom text my sister and she already knows I"m pregnant... if you recall I've been terrified to tell my parents because I expected a horrible reaction from them given our current financial/living situation (we moved in with them 3 weeks ago.)

So I came home from work last night and my mom was the only one still awake. We talked about this crazy situation that happened at work (a woman basically purchased/wore a dress out of the store but before she left, took off her pants & underwear and just left them on the floor by our guest service counter) and a few other things and then she said, "So... you know I figured it out." And we started talking about it all.

Surprisingly, she's a lot more okay with it than I expected her to be. I'm not sure why. I knew the same thing happened last time when I was afraid to tell her because I thought she would freak out but she was excited instead. I just assumed that was because it was her second grandchild after so long (since my oldest is going on 8 years old now) and that this time it would be like, "Seriously? Again? Why?" But she was actually more okay than I thought she'd be.

She said she's known since the day we moved in (3-ish weeks ago) because I wasn't doing any heavy lifting and she could just sense it. She also said this one's going to be a boy, she can just tell. She told my stepdad, whose reaction probably wasn't as good as hers but at least she told him and I don't have to haha. She said that if this means we have to stay here longer than we planned to that's okay too, we just have to come up with a way to make it work and to co-exist in the same house better. She kept asking questions like if I'm taking my vitamins, when I grabbed a soda to drink she told me I needed to cut that out while pregnant. When I mentioned being tired, she would talk about "yeah pregnancy is going to do that to you" but in an understanding sort of way haha. Totally not what I expected but I'm relieved to have that over with.

That being said, I think today we're going to make the announcement. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and even though they say 12 weeks is the "safe zone", anything can go wrong after that as well. I've seen the baby on 3 scans now, growing properly from one to the next, seen a heartbeat and my symptoms are increasing (what is it with that happening around 10 weeks?? UGH) so I feel safe enough and if something happens and we have to break bad news too, oh well. So we have to tell my oldest daughter and then I have to call my dad and Grandma (whose reactions will not be as good as my mom's, I know that for a fact haha) & my Mom will probably tell my Aunt & Grandpa. Tyler will have to tell his Mom/Grandma/Brother but then I can share via Facebook and all that.

I have "Big Sister" shirts for the girls so I'll take their picture in them today outside and use that to post. I have a mini chalkboard so I can probably write "Baby #3 expected 3/12/14" and prop it between the girls or something in case anyone doesn't catch on to the fact that my 15 month old is in a "Big Sister" t-shirt lol.

waves- Glad your mom was so understanding! I hope the rest of your family comes around or at least keeps any less than positive thoughts to themselves. Sounds like a cute announcement! I can't wait to make our FB announcement. We'll do it when we get back from our 12 week scan. We've told family already though.

Also, an update to my post from yesterday saying that my mom text my sister and she already knows I"m pregnant... if you recall I've been terrified to tell my parents because I expected a horrible reaction from them given our current financial/living situation (we moved in with them 3 weeks ago.)

So I came home from work last night and my mom was the only one still awake. We talked about this crazy situation that happened at work (a woman basically purchased/wore a dress out of the store but before she left, took off her pants & underwear and just left them on the floor by our guest service counter) and a few other things and then she said, "So... you know I figured it out." And we started talking about it all.

Surprisingly, she's a lot more okay with it than I expected her to be. I'm not sure why. I knew the same thing happened last time when I was afraid to tell her because I thought she would freak out but she was excited instead. I just assumed that was because it was her second grandchild after so long (since my oldest is going on 8 years old now) and that this time it would be like, "Seriously? Again? Why?" But she was actually more okay than I thought she'd be.

She said she's known since the day we moved in (3-ish weeks ago) because I wasn't doing any heavy lifting and she could just sense it. She also said this one's going to be a boy, she can just tell. She told my stepdad, whose reaction probably wasn't as good as hers but at least she told him and I don't have to haha. She said that if this means we have to stay here longer than we planned to that's okay too, we just have to come up with a way to make it work and to co-exist in the same house better. She kept asking questions like if I'm taking my vitamins, when I grabbed a soda to drink she told me I needed to cut that out while pregnant. When I mentioned being tired, she would talk about "yeah pregnancy is going to do that to you" but in an understanding sort of way haha. Totally not what I expected but I'm relieved to have that over with.

That being said, I think today we're going to make the announcement. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and even though they say 12 weeks is the "safe zone", anything can go wrong after that as well. I've seen the baby on 3 scans now, growing properly from one to the next, seen a heartbeat and my symptoms are increasing (what is it with that happening around 10 weeks?? UGH) so I feel safe enough and if something happens and we have to break bad news too, oh well. So we have to tell my oldest daughter and then I have to call my dad and Grandma (whose reactions will not be as good as my mom's, I know that for a fact haha) & my Mom will probably tell my Aunt & Grandpa. Tyler will have to tell his Mom/Grandma/Brother but then I can share via Facebook and all that.

I have "Big Sister" shirts for the girls so I'll take their picture in them today outside and use that to post. I have a mini chalkboard so I can probably write "Baby #3 expected 3/12/14" and prop it between the girls or something in case anyone doesn't catch on to the fact that my 15 month old is in a "Big Sister" t-shirt lol.

So glad all went well with your mum ,it really is a weight off once it is out in the open isn't it? I was dreading telling my family , as I thought they would be judgemental about my age or the fact it is number 5 or due to my severe SPPD last time, but no so far so good (one sarcastic sister but I can cope with that -she is always sarcastic, and I think she may be jealous as she is older and has probably missed the boat to have anymore herself).

I have my work to tell next, not relishing that either (same reasons as above haha) but then they are only work and their opinion isn't as important. Waiting til after my scan to tell them though.

As for the weird lady leaving her undies and stuff in store lol -strange people about haha.

Good luck everyone with scans today - hope to see lots of lovely pictures soon xxx :hugs:

Scans are awesome at 12 weeks!! (never had one before then, apart from when there was nothing there :cry:) But I don't think I'll EVER forget my first scan at 12 weeks with my son! I was so scared there wasn't going to be anything in there as I didn't really have any symptoms and ofcourse you can't feel anything and you couldn't see any difference from the outside yet, so I was kinda freaking out and then we saw that little wriggly worm just bouncing around. It was awesome! Can't wait to see it this time around!!

Did anyone bring their child with them to the scan?? We're planning to bring our LO with us!

Decemberwait, I can't see the video..... Would like to watch it though! We found the HB last friday, but when we tried again last night we couldn't find it.... :shrug: baby was probably hiding!

Our dr has a policy that no children are allowed during diagnostic scans. Well I say diagnostic b/c our 12 week will be first tri screening and 20 is anatomy one. We won't be taking them to this one because I just have a horrible feeling I can't shake. I might ask dh if I can have a 3d one and let them come to it. Although their policy is no more than 2 people so it might be dh and ds.

Glad she was understanding. My mom knows. Heck she couldn't keep her mouth shut so my entire family knows. I dread telling work tbh but I keep reminding myself that I didn't take any leave time with dd...so the last leave time I took was four and a half years ago for ds. Once that is done, then I'll announce.

Hi all. Sounds like we're all still nauseous!
Still haven't taken the antibiotics prescribed for my asymptomatic bacteriuria--which the MDs I work with say does not represent a true infection and SHOULD NOT be treated with antibiotics. I don't really know what to think of my OB: I mean, women have been having babies for time untold without urine cultures and antibiotics, vitamins and other interventions.
I am trusting nature and my own body; no antibiotics for me, unless its for Strep B directly before delivery!
I am too terrified to take anything while baby is developing!
I keep throwing up the last few days; totally gnarly.
Love to you all and you bebes.

So everything went fine :happydance: Saw babies HB, but have been dated as 7+1 not 7+3 but she said it could change again by my 12 weeks scan.

She didnt find a reason for the bleeding, so hoping it has stopped now. Although int he report it says that in one of my overies it shows signs of polycystic ovaries. So going to have a look up about that, as not 100% sure on it, but it cant be good right?

Anyway, here is baby :cloud9:

Attachments

• 7+1 scan.jpg
    7+1 scan.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 7+1 scans.jpg
    7+1 scans.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
So glad everything went well Shabutie :happydance:

As for me, I went for my scan today but it just confirmed what I already knew as after a weekend of occasional spotting I had a heavy bleed yesterday morning with 3 large clots.

At least it was relatively quick and painless (just felt like a heavy period really) and doctor says I don't need any further treatment as I have passed pretty much everything. So we will now move on to the next stage in our quest for a child and look at adoption.

Hope everything goes well for you all xx

Hi ladies,

Mind if I join you? I'm due on 30th march this is my 6th pregnancy and Im praying for my second earth baby and have my first scan at 7+5 this Friday the 16th and my 12 week scan on the 11th at 11+4.

X

As for me, I went for my scan today but it just confirmed what I already knew as after a weekend of occasional spotting I had a heavy bleed yesterday morning with 3 large clots.

At least it was relatively quick and painless (just felt like a heavy period really) and doctor says I don't need any further treatment as I have passed pretty much everything. So we will now move on to the next stage in our quest for a child and look at adoption.

Sorry mrs stru. As you said at least it went quickly. Mine was 3 weeks of heavy bleeding and I then passed more product next time I tried to ovulate despite being told I got the all clear. I hope your feel better soon.

Hi ladies can I join the group too? I'm due 7th March according to my LMP but I know that date will be put back at my 12 week scan. My scan is set for next week Friday 23rd. I really can't wait!

Hi ladies,

Mind if I join you? I'm due on 30th march this is my 6th pregnancy and Im praying for my second earth baby and have my first scan at 7+5 this Friday the 16th and my 12 week scan on the 11th at 11+4.

X

Hi ladies can I join the group too? I'm due 7th March according to my LMP but I know that date will be put back at my 12 week scan. My scan is set for next week Friday 23rd. I really can't wait!

Welcome ladies -hope first tri is treating you both okay and not too much MS or other ailments.

So sorry for your losses, hope everything goes beautifully with this pregnancy for you both xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss, Mrs. Stu. I hope you are able to hold your baby soon (adoption or however it ends up). :hugs:

Welcome sharan and Lady Gecko! We have the same due date, Lady Gecko.

Shabutie-Congrats on the healthy scan!!

:hugs: Mrs Stru So sorry for your loss

Shutabutie I was beginning to wonder if my right ovary has PCOS, the ER dr's said I had a cyst and that I might have a history of cysts (it would have made sense too because I go from 33 day cycles to 60+ day ones).

My OB dismissed it as just the corpus luteum where baby's egg released from. DH also said to the OB that it looked like there was a dent in my right ovary when we had a scan in the ER, She told us it may just be a case of having a hsg after baby is born to unblock/un-pinch that part of my ovary/tube. It can't have been that much of a pinch as the egg released from my right... :shrug: who knows? My OB is going to monitor the one corpus luteum cyst as our pregnancy continues though just in case it causes a problem, it hadn't grown any in the two weeks between scans so hopefully our OB is right and it'll disappear by 12-16 weeks. If not it's minimally invasive surgery to remove it if it starts to grow instead of breaking down so that the ovary doesn't twist.

Our OB did make us laugh she goes oh those ER dr's see cysts and refer for PCOS... when it's usually in pregnancy, hence the terrified patient in the ER needing an U/S. When it's actually a good sign as the corpus luteum produces hormones to help baby when it's still just a zygote implanting and to prepare your body for pregnancy :thumbup:

I've been hit by the MS train this morning, I go from having aversions to sweet things then to savoury, today I was bad I had a cinnamon roll for breakfast with my icky tasting prenatal and oj. Now it's almost noon and I still can't face getting in the shower because I know our idiot neighbours will play with the taps and freeze and burn me :( I end up with the hiccups and dry heaving from them. We did get a new shower caddy though so no more having to bend down to pick up shampoo etc off the floor making me feel worse :happydance:

Thank you. I hope you take the time you need to heal, to enable to give it your all with adoption. Im sure you willl have a great gift to give to a child in need.

Welcome all new ladies, and congrats!

I will take to the doc when I have to make my next appointment about PCOS and if I need to be concerned. I am wondering if it was the reason why it has taken us so long to get pregnant again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->