MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that, Lionchild. :(

So sorry Lionchild :hugs:

Hope you get your rainbow baby as soon as you are ready....

I am so very sorry Lionchild. My thoughts and prayers are with you, sweetheart:hugs:

Thanks BaniVani and DecemberWait for the encouragement; I got the OB to prescribe Macrobid--approved for pregnancy in first and second trimester, known by my MD to have no adverse effects on the fetus. I was getting too afraid the infection would advance, but now am a tiny bit concerned to fully trust the MD on the antibiotics....but I've started the treatment, so there's that.

Love to you all.

What an sad post to wake up to... I'm so, so sorry Lionchild:hugs:

I'm up at 330am here just feeling so low. My boyfriend finally confessed that he indeed did decide to do a two week vacation with his friend the first two weeks of September. It's such a stupid trip where they are going so many places on a road trip and pre booked accommodation that they'll spend all their time in the car and sleeping. Last week I told him we were going to my parents with this Fridays ultrasound picture the last weekend in August and on top of everything else he told me their leaving Aug 30th at noon and it can't be changed.
I guess I'm telling my parents alone, I guess we won't even be telling his parents until I'm over 14 weeks. :cry:
He save up no money for the trip, is still smoking pot (outside) even though I want him to stop. He also has a boa constrictor he brought home a couple months ago from his friends house I want OUT. I guess Im just feeling like why is it that I have no control over things that I think should happen but then I'm supposed to just sit at home alone for two weeks while he vacations and put on a happy face about it? I'm crushed right now.
A pregnant lady with no control over anything. My poor kid.

I'm sorry lionchild. Hopefully you'll get your sticky bean soon. :hugs:

JessesGirl I know its none of my business and I don't want to sound like I'm having a go as I'm not, but why are you putting up with that behaviour? It sounds like he's not ready to grow up and have a kid.

Smoking pot is one thing, luckily he does do it outside, but does he come back inside once he has and will he be once the baby is born? I know some people can look after kids high, but I would be constantly worried that something would happen.

As for the snake, I would just get rid of it whilst he went on his trip. My reason behind it would be I'm preparing the place for the baby and I thought the snake had to go. Plus I would hate to feed it as I can't go near snakes, a spider is fine though.

I wouldn't put a happy face on, I would let my voice heard and probably be crying as that I seem to cry over everything at the moment. You need him to give you a valid reason he is doing this. If he does it again before the baby is born I'd kick him out or get out.

You need to put the baby first and he might change once the baby is born, but there is also a possibility that he won't. How would you feel if he doesn't change his behaviour even after baby is here?

Love to you Lionchild xx so sorry for your sad loss xx

Jessegirl- I agree that you really need to be strong and put your foot down. He might need a wake up call to realise that he is going to be a father and needs to grow up and put his family first. Sounds like a difficult situation for you and I really hope it all works out! I hope you have good family and friends support xx

Lionchild -so so sorry for your loss, you must be devastated but still came on here to wish us all well. What a strong lady you are, all the best to you for the future and hope you get everything you desire xxx

jessegirl-what a prat your OH is being -did he even consider you in the decision making on getting the snake or going away for two whole weeks on a trip with his friend ? My hubby wont even make plans for a night out with friend's without discussing with me first, and likewise me to him -not that there is any reason why the other would not be able to go; but it is only good manners to discuss these things with your partner imo. Maybe is he nervous about all the changes about to happen with new baby? Still no excuse to make you tell your parents yourself and leave you to deal on your own; but maybe he needs one final blow out before settling down (maybe? I don't' know??? - I just know I would be livid if my hubby expected to be able to take up and leave for two weeks with his friend on a road trip without me, especially with me being pregnant)

xxx

Personally I don't see the big deal about your OH going away for 2 weeks.... Especially if you don't have any other kids (don't know if you do!) But ofcourse it's not ok to just spring it on you with no discussion about it! If my husband would want to go on holiday for two weeks I'd be like, ok yeah, if you want to! I'd miss him and probably be pretty bored without him, but I've been away without him plenty of times before (mainly cause he just couldn't come because of work). Maybe it helps that he used to be in the army so I'm used to him being away and especially at short notice. When Lucas was about 3 months old hubby got told he had to go away for 2 weeks, a couple of days before he actually left! That was hard, but you deal with it!

I definitely get your point about the pot and the snake though! And I do agree with the other girls, maybe he needs a wake-up call! I wouldn't just get rid of the snake whilst he's away, but I would tell him things have to change before baby comes because it's not healthy for a baby to be around someone that smokes (whether it's pot or just cigarettes!!) and it's not safe to have a snake (like that one!) around a little baby either! You never know what could happen! So I'd definitely discuss it and tell him how you feel about it, rather than just putting on a happy face! Cause that's not healthy for your relationship either! :hugs: Hope you sort it out!

My NT scan is on Monday so 6 days to go...can't wait. I listen to baby every other day for the most part and I can't believe how loud and clear the hb is now. I can also hear it moving in the amniotic fluid. Having heard a healthy hb for several weeks now makes me feel a lot more confident that everything will be Ok.

Sorry for ur loss lionchid

I've been for my scan :) all was fine. Baby was so cute. I'm not 12+1 . I'm 12+5 and due 27th february. Excali 2 weeks after my sons 2nd bday.
Can I stil stay in march monkeys tho as I don't want to

Attachments

• IMG-20130820-00622.jpg
    IMG-20130820-00622.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20130820-00623.jpg
    IMG-20130820-00623.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 7
Congrats Donna! Look at that little cutie! Don't see why you couldn't stay in March Monkeys, Feb 27 is close enough :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->