MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Yeh I've got 7 weeks to my 20 week scan can't wait . Ill be finding out what were having . :)

Ino I keep thinking I feel little tickles like I did with cj bt I no its to early I felt him early tho so hope I do thois time x

Thanks girls!! I'm pretty excited about tomorrow!! :happydance:
And finding it hard at the moment to sit still... there is so much to do, packing, cleaning, touching up the walls, all that lovely stuff :winkwink: I just can't stop thinking what needs doing (even though I've made lists) and want to just get everything done! :haha: But I'll probably be bored the last couple of days cause so much has already been done, as we've been living with half our house packed for the past 7 months or so! (cause we knew when it was gonna happen it was gonna be a last minute kinda thing!) I can't even remember half the things we own! Gonna be fun unpacking the boxes, we'll be like: ooooh... I forgot we had this!! :haha:

Anyway, I'm gonna try and relax now, just about to have dinner and then I'm just gonna sit and relax! Had a busy busy day today!

I keep thinking sometimes that I can feel something, but it must just be gas, surely! It's too early! I felt Lucas move at 16 weeks though and was sure it was him! So hopefully I'll be able to feel this one move soon!

I have got my scan in the morning too im so scared so much so I am finding hard to be excited. Going to make myself a hot choc and try and chill out x

Good luck Bexter! Im sure everything will be fine...are you 12 weeks? x

Hiya ladies...hope your all well...

I was just wondering...mummys who are having their second baby...did any of you have a C-section with your first? If so what do you plan to do when having second bubba? x

I had an emergency c section and have an appointment with a consultant to discuss 'birth choices'. My midwife says they will try to convince me to have a natural birth. I would prefer that but am keeping an open mind.

I am trying to do the same...fingers crossed things are different this time!

I have an appointment with my consultant next week to discuss birth choices. I'm unsure as I had a horrible birth so a bit paranoid. I remember it was a long recovery after an emergency c-section with about a month me being crap. I don't want to spend to much time off college, but I don't want a horrible birth. So we'll see

Makes two of us hun...I just keep trying to be positive! :)

DecemberWait--What fetal Doppler did you purchase?

LaDy-I had an "emergency"c section with my first for late decelerations of the fetal heart rate after 24 hourson pitocin infusion--I blame the induction process. I was able to reach full dilation, etc. So I had both L & D processes :)

This is my second baby---if the baby is not breech I will NOT have a csection!! I do NOT want to have surgery again if I can avoid it, I couldn't really enjoy the first couple of weeks with my daughter due to the discomfort. What are your plans?

Hey...I am exactly the same...as I had a emergency C-section I was gutted and really couldn't enjoy time with my son straight after either...I really don't want to go through it again and will try at all costs to avoid it...however I guess I will have to wait and see till the day, as if the baby was in any form of distress I would not hesitate to have it again...will be gutted though...the recovery was painful and looooong!

Don't worry when you give birth vaginally you're also sore and in pain :winkwink: Not for as long I guess, and you're allowed to do more things than when you have a c-section.
I had a 2nd degree tear and some grazing and it hurt! Especially going to the toilet. I dreaded going to the toilet so much at one point that I didn't drink a lot and got a UTI, making me have to go to the toilet even more often (well, feel like I had to go but nothing, much, came out!) Definitely never do that! Just brave up and go to the toilet! :haha: I remember sitting on the bed saying to my husband: I need to go to the toilet.... But I can't get up cause I'll pee myself, and then I'd finally get up and go and I could only pee a couple of drops :blush:

I hate to just jump in with a comment but im going crazy! I'm almost 10wks and my symptoms have all but passed. I almost feel normal and this is already scaring me a little. But I can't read the pregnancy-first tri forum anymore. Every time I go to read up on everyone's post, there is always one about a MMC when people go for their 12 wk scan. I know this a possibility and cannot be prevented. But im sitting here thinkin 'crap did this happen to me and I not know'

Im trying to relax, but the thought is still in the back of my head. :cry:

Don't go on the first tri board.... I don't - I've heard baby's hb several times already so not too worried, but I still don't like reading it and it still kinda scares me a little!
Don't worry about your symptoms going away, you'll be fine!! Some people don't have any symptoms at all during their whole pregnancy, so try not to worry! :hugs: it's hard, I know!!

Does anyone else have a heightened gag reflex??? I seem to gag quite a lot. This morning I put my Prenatal vitamin pill on my tongue and gagged straight away, had to go outside to get some fresh air as I was kinda feeling sick!!
And whenever I'm eating if I chew too much it makes me gag aswell! It's horrible!!

My symptoms almost disappeared a couple of weeks ago, had a normal scan on Wednesday. This is pretty normal, try not to worry (easier said than done though). MMCs are rare ~1% so the odds are definitely in your favour.

Sooooo happy right now!!! OB appt went fantastically! OB did a quick US to check for anomalies--little babe was jumping around and hiccuping! 2 arms , 2 legs, moving around madly; can't ask for more! :) <3

I switched OB doctors after my so called UTI and antibiotics scare--turns out my culture was not a high enough colony count to be classified as a UTI and the "culprit" bacteria was Lactobacillus, a normally occuring flora! Which means that my foolish OB (whom I fired)--prescribed my antibiotics in ERROR! Moral of the story: Question everything! :)

glad everything is great damon!!!

and I know what u mean about symptoms vanishing and staying away from the boards... i worry all the time but remind myself there is a slim change of it happening by now.

December, my scan is on the 26th too at 4pm (Australian time)! :)
Waiting4damon, I am so pleased everything is all goo! Huge relief xx

Anyone experienced threatened miscarriage? Went to ER last night for rush of blood followed by brown spotting and cramping. Brown spotting continues and strange cramps. They did an u/s in the er but couldn't get a clear picture. Saw bub and hb. Read my notes this morning to give to my dr which says I am threatened miscarriage with hb of ~140bpm (u/s 3 days before had 181 bpm) don't see gp till tomorrow and freaking out

Anyone experienced threatened miscarriage? Went to ER last night for rush of blood followed by brown spotting and cramping. Brown spotting continues and strange cramps. They did an u/s in the er but couldn't get a clear picture. Saw bub and hb. Read my notes this morning to give to my dr which says I am threatened miscarriage with hb of ~140bpm (u/s 3 days before had 181 bpm) don't see gp till tomorrow and freaking out

Ugh god hockeywife that is so scary....keeping everything crossed for you. Stay calm, rest up and stay positive....:hugs:

When I had my chemical last cycle and went to the ER when I was bleeding, they called it a threatened miscarriage but couldn't say for sure that's what was happening. The doc told me that when you have bleeding in early pregnancy (I think the 1st tri in general) they just call it a threatened miscarriage but that doesn't mean it's likely to happen or anything like that. Especially if they didn't find a clear source of the bleeding. As for the heart rate, I believe they say that it starts of really low, then gets really high but then levels out somewhere in the middle by the time you get closer to the 2nd trimester so maybe that's all that's happening with you (with the hr going from 180-140.) 140 is a normal heart rate for a little babe.

That being said, I know how scary that can all be. FX for you but I'm sure all will be okay.

I decided to switch OB's after seeing how much the last doc's office wanted to charge me out of pocket without first billing insurance and am returning to my old practice with just a new OB.

I have my first appointment with her tomorrow morning and I'm anxious! Since I'm already 11 weeks, I'm hoping we can schedule a 12 week scan for sometime soon because I haven't had one in 5 weeks and I'm another person paranoid about a MMC. I'm still nauseous every day so I know things are probably okay but last time I saw the bean on a scan, it was a super blurry blob on a low-res screen and I just want to make sure things are developing normally, you know?

So fingers crossed she decides to try for a HB and we hear one tomorrow and that she gives me the go-ahead to schedule my 12 week scan.

Also - just stumbled across this article and thought it was great - https://jezebel.com/stop-acting-like-bouncing-back-from-labor-is-even-pos-1168230225

Hockeywife that is scary, but try and stay calm. I found out my girlfriend is also pregnant (14 weeks) and she was telling me that from week 6-11 she was bleeding heavily on and off, and passing clots. Sorry TMI. Anyway, everytime she had a u/s bubs was ok but she was thinking the worse. After week 11 it stopped and all is looking good. OB couldn't figure out why it was happening. Anyway, just saying that bleeding can happen and there is no need to expect worse.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow xxx

Hockeywife, can you not see or call your OB rather than your GP? They will have a lot more knowledge about what is going on. I had a bad experience with a GP who ended up worrying me more when my HCG levels dropped.

I had a threatened miscarriage at nine weeks in my last pregnancy, heavy bleeding and was in hospital for 36 hours. It all turned out OK in the end. Bleeding stopped and subsequent scans were normal. Hope it all goes OK for you Hockeywife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->