MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Booked my anatomy scan for October 3! I can't wait!

Is anyone else doing a gender reveal party? We are doing one with our families. We plan to have the ultrasound tech write the gender on a slip of paper and seal it in an envelope. Then we will have cupcakes made with either blue or pink frosting on the inside.

Wonderful! I didn't even think about doing something like this. This would be a good idea for our family. Have someone record the reaction of your family!:happydance::happydance:

i can def feel the baby move! in fact its usually right after i drink something cold and right when I lay down at night, same as with my dd!

Ooo nikki can you? I was actually quite suprised how high up the baby was at the scan. I hope I feel something soon x x

I'm so happy everyone is getting good scans and would like to add myself to that list.
Today's ultrasound was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life....I'm just on cloud nine right now.
Baby was just a blob with a heartbeat at 8 weeks and today baby was moving and shaking all over. So cool!!! The three of us were laughing our heads off because about 19 seconds after the tech turned the machine on baby moved the back of one hands up to its forehead!!! The tech was like "Oh look at that! Little baby is all 'woe is me!!!'" And I just said "oh God! Dramatic like Mom!!!" And laughed so hard the ultrasound stopped working. She had her little legs crossed while my bladder was full and we were joking "dramatic like Mom on the top and relaxed like Dad on the bottom", I peed and she looked again and babe had her arms all stretched out over the head and legs fully extended like "ahhhhh".

I'll post a pic when OH gets home, he was so excited he wanted to take it back to work with his to 'show some of the guys' :cloud9: And all my measurements were "within normal range". Such a good day!!!! Oh and did I mention OH can't get the time off work to go on his trip.... :winkwink:

i can def feel the baby move! in fact its usually right after i drink something cold and right when I lay down at night, same as with my dd!

Do you know if you have a posterior placenta? Mine is anterior and I haven't felt anything yet. With DD it was also anterior and I didn't feel her until 20 weeks.

JessesGirl so glad it went well!

Hi ladies - I don't post in here often, mostly just keep up my journal but I wanted to put my scan day down. September 5th, I'll be 12+6. Super nervous (my first scan) and super excited. I also have a midwife appt to try and hear the baby's heartbeat next Wednesday. We tried to hear it Monday but apparently baby is still a little too small and was able to hide. Everything else was good though.

Good luck with all the scans coming up and I love hearing about all the good news, makes me a little less nervous!

Congrats ladies! I confirmed my appt for Monday so I hope to have a good report then. Been so so hungry today it's ridiculous and if I don't eat constantly and let myself go hungry I feel like I'm going to throw up so eat I shall lol. Guess this is the weight gain period starting soon... Ahhhhhh!

Wow three ladies with movement? Isn't that pretty rare at this stage? I don't think or expect I'll feel anything other than gas for many more weeks lol.

I felt my daughter before my scan at 13+6, that was with anterior placenta... I think I have felt this one, but have shrugged it off as I think its far too early :)

Anterior placenta here too.

Woth ur first its not unusual to not feel it until 18 weeks or so, my dd i felt flutters at 14 weeks...

W ur second u know what it feels like so u do feel it earlier. Its pretty cool! Kind of feels like a popping bubble/ flutter.

Yay for some great scans, my NT scan is booked for the 4th of Sept. My next OB appt is this wednesday and I'm a numbnut for not booking them both on the same day :dohh: The offices are only a carparks distance from each other! Oh well, at least they're both next door to the hospital we want to deliver in :thumbup:

Too early for fluttering feelings here I expect but I do feel my pulse really strongly across my tummy when I lay down on my side, It'll feel like when your head is throbbing kind of pulse feeling, if that makes sense... just no pain like a throbbing headache lol :winkwink:

Ultrasound done today!

Baby’s heart rate was 156. Everything seems to be okay. I was told I got lucky to have 3D pictures. Apparently they don’t do them often. I guess the doctor was feeling nice.

:)

(9weeks 4/5days)

Attachments

• baby9weeks.jpg
    baby9weeks.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 9weeks2.jpg
    9weeks2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 11
HI ladies, sorry ive been absent for a while, had family down, and just getting back into normal life again lol

Welcome new people and lovely scan pics.

I still havent registered with the docs, so havent been referred to the midwives yet, so no idea on my 12 week scan. I should pull my finger out. Like I really want the scans, but I just dont want to have to deal with seeing medical people.

So I had my first appointment with my new OB today (I just switched after seeing another OB twice so far.) I get there and am told she's stuck in surgery so I have to reschedule :( Her nurse was great though and offered to listen for the heartbeat and luckily enough we found it! 153bpm <3 My last pregnancy she was always lower and on the right (I carried very low the whole time) but this time, we found it dead center just a bit below my belly button. It was so exciting.

I go back for my actual (reschedule) appointment next Friday.

I saw people mentioning movement and someone said they didn't think it was possible or likely this early on but they say it's possible with consecutive pregnancies because you know what to "look" for. I've heard so many people mention that they felt baby #2 move around 13-14 weeks. My first wasn't felt until around 19 weeks but my second I felt around 14 or 15 weeks. I'm anxious as to when I'll feel this one. I thought I felt something earlier but I think it was just gas instead.

Also saw someone mentioned a gender reveal party. Since this is my third, I can't really have another baby shower but I want to do something for this baby as well. I thought about a gender reveal but I know I'll be too excited after my anatomy scan that I'll want to tell everyone right away. I thought about just doing a baby sprinkle but I'm not too sure what those are all about haha. I'm sure we'll do something creative in regards to taking a picture to post online to reveal the gender though.

So many beautiful scans ladies! I am so very jealous - still 1 week and 5 days til mine which seems so far away!

I'm seeming to only feel sick now when I'm hungry - still throwing up every morning though, can't wait for that to end.

gorgeous scan pictures ladies -what beautiful babies you will have :)

As for movements - I am kind of positive it must be too early for me at only just 12weeks but for the past 3 nights I thought I felt the little tiny flutters -not repetitive or constant but a couple of very precise movements like when I felt my babies move before. Still not 100% sure it wasn't just gas or something because 12 weeks does seem really early -cannot wait to feel bigger more constant flutters and be sure it is baby
:D xxxx

Anyone else have problems with notifications? I stopped receiving any!

I thought I felt baby move once or twice before, but I think it might've been gas. Hopefully I'll be able to feel him/her soon and know for sure! I felt my son at 16 weeks, so if I do feel this one early, it won't be much longer before I can feel it! :)

Here are the pictures from yesterday, and the picture we posted on FB to announce! (Lucas is saying cheese in the picture, which makes his face look like that :haha:)

Attachments

• CAM01126.jpg
    CAM01126.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 10
  • CAM01127.jpg
    CAM01127.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 1146708_10201806695426359_400626912_n.jpg
    1146708_10201806695426359_400626912_n.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online