MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Lovely scan MrsPhez,

I'm jealous of everyones scans that look so clear! our little one looked clear on the screen whilst he or she was moving (and it's hb looked so crystal clear) yet the still scan pics look less clear :shrug: our Ob said baby is still low and will hopefully be higher up for our NT scan next week (on 9/4/13) She has changed my due date to the 15th of march as baby has measured exactly 4 weeks on from the first scan she did, she's adamant with the dates.

On the plus side I'm still shocked that I've only put on 1lb in 4 weeks, my bump looks so much bigger than at our last appt, my legs are getting skinnier though so we figure baby is stealing fat from there (which he/she is more than welcome to do so, should take some from my hips too whilst it's at it :winkwink: )

So I woke up to a clot this morning. Not what I wanted to see first thing in the morning, but I guess these things happen. So now in a state of panic. I already had a consultant appointment for 8.50am so I'm grateful for that, hopefully it will all be sorted out then.

Don't worry Disneylover, my scan which was made at 6pm, a week ago, was not very good . However, the scans that I have had in the past were all very clear at 9 am. As far as the weight gain, I have weight loss-no complaints here- and I'm sure to gain next trimester.

Mommy2o....Please let us know how your appointment goes. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

Hi. Not been in here for a while but had a scan last Thurs 12+4 and thought I'd share with you all! Any gender guesses welcome! Down's risk back at 1 in 3313 (NT and blood test), not bad for a 37 year old so very happy and relieved!
A girl! Glad to hear about your Down's Risk being so low. Just had mine too and I was so scared. My Risk was negative too, thank God!

Morning girls :) hope ur all ok. I'm defo suffering with lack of sleep . When I wake in the night which was about 4 times for a wee last night it takes me so long to get back to sleep .

On the plus side I'm 14 weeks today & a lemon! :) whoop.

I stil worrry about baby esp now my sickness is improving altho I stil threw up my tea last night :( x
6 weeks til my next scan x I haven't had my downs risk back yet she said it will come in the post x

God morning ladies

Its so nice to see all of us are almost at the end of first tri. All you see is scans and appointments coming up :happydance: and that most of us are feeling better :thumbup:

I cant wait for our next appointment next week.

Here in SA we get a scan with each OB appointment but public hospitals or clinics only give you 12w and 20w scan.

So I woke up to a clot this morning. Not what I wanted to see first thing in the morning, but I guess these things happen. So now in a state of panic. I already had a consultant appointment for 8.50am so I'm grateful for that, hopefully it will all be sorted out then.

thinking of u x

Morning girls :) hope ur all ok. I'm defo suffering with lack of sleep . When I wake in the night which was about 4 times for a wee last night it takes me so long to get back to sleep .

I stil worrry about baby esp now my sickness is improving altho I stil threw up my tea last night :( x
6 weeks til my next scan x I haven't had my downs risk back yet she said it will come in the post x

If you haven' heard anything via phone call then it should be low risk Donna, they usually phone earlier if there is a problem :) I am hoping to get through the next 2 days without a phone call - Had the call with baby number 2 and it was the most horrific few weeks of my life getting tests and waiting on results! xx :hugs:

Hope everything is okay, let us know how your appointment goes this morning xx thinking of you xx

AFM - My bump is getting smaller lol -losing the bloat and just keeping a much smaller bump at the moment. I still haven't told my work and a few weeks ago was struggling to conceal it under my tunic; whereas yesterday it was easy lol

...Does anyone think it is rude to phone my boss and tell her over the phone? I work part time and shift work so rarely see her in person; but I wanted to tell her in person I am pregnant. She was supposed to be working yesterday but had a change of shift and she is in tomorrow instead but I am not!

Hubby is a bit annoyed I still haven't told my work, and tbh I am desperate to post my scan pic on fbook -we have family all over the country who want to see but I have work colleagues on there too. I may not see her for weeks, should I just phone? :hugs::hugs:

Sorry I've been MIA!!! Was so incredibly sick... although the past 3 days I've been able to get out of bed and take 2-3 bites of food! Haha. Had lost 7 lbs officially...

Had another gyno appt today. It was interesting! I'm 11wks 1 day (according to me) and 10wks 5 days (according to dr). I went for the check up. Doc wasn't going to do an internal check but decided to since I wasn't 12 weeks yet. He kept telling me (as he has been) I'm too early to see anything good or hear anything. So he was doing his internal, and said to me "Well your uterus feels great!" :dohh: I was like oh I'm glad it feels good for you because it's hurting me! :nope: I guess maybe from the stretching and not having any... :sex: I've gotten tight and small. It was quite painful for him to be all up in there! Anyway... he was so happy with the way it felt he was like "Well let's try to hear on the doppler, BUT don't get upset if we hear nothing. It very well could be too early." So I didn't expect much...:shrug: So he breaks out the doppler and checks my right side for about 5 minutes... nothing but my heartbeat... then checks my left side... another 5 minutes... and BOOM there's my little bugger chugging along at 160 :) loud and clear!! :thumbup: Was pretty exciting to hear :) made me smile

So I'm going to get my early preggers 3D ultrasound on September 7th. There's a place by me that does it basically for fun purposes. They also have a gender package... 14-17 weeks they do a check with a prediction then at 20 they do it again. It's not bad. The bigger packages are only $150ish. I'll pay it :laugh2: Can't wait... also I've got a teeny tiny bump going only because I was pretty skinny to start and then lost almost 10 lbs... the bloat is all gone and now its baby bump lol. I'll try to get pics up soon.

Hope everyone else is doing great and we're all moving up to the second tri, cant wait! :kiss:

Glad you got to hear the HB!! :happydance:

Just wanted to say you might want to reconsider having a 3D scan early! I had one at 24 weeks and my son was still quite skinny and would've looked much more like he looked when he was born if I'd waited till about 30 weeks! (I only did it at 24 weeks cause my parents were visiting us from Holland so they could come with us, as it was their first grandchild!)
I've seen some pictures of 3D scans around 12 weeks and it really is pretty early and doesn't look too nice! (they still look a little alien-like) Ofcourse it's upto you and it's your choice, but I thought I'd just let you know, so you can consider it and then make a decision (or stick with your decision ofcourse!) You might want to google some pictures of early 3D scans... they're so much nicer when baby is a lot bigger.
I personally just think it's a waste of money that early, but like I said, it's totally your choice, it's your money after all!!

I haven't had mine yet either, they said they'd get back to me in 3-4 working days, if something is wrong. So no news is good news! :winkwink:

Yeh I had a low risk with my son, hoping its the same this time . Aww donna I bet that was an upsetting few weeks.
I can't believe how fast its going now :) we will be having our 20 week scans b4 we no it x

...Does anyone think it is rude to phone my boss and tell her over the phone? I work part time and shift work so rarely see her in person; but I wanted to tell her in person I am pregnant. She was supposed to be working yesterday but had a change of shift and she is in tomorrow instead but I am not!

Hubby is a bit annoyed I still haven't told my work, and tbh I am desperate to post my scan pic on fbook -we have family all over the country who want to see but I have work colleagues on there too. I may not see her for weeks, should I just phone? :hugs::hugs:

I would call Or email her asking for a private meeting with her-she will probably tell you that she does not have time,but at least you make it seem more professional. If she is a difficult boss and you know she will Give you a hard time, do it over the phone

My doctor said if I'm low risk for trisomy disorders they will mail me a letter in about two weeks. Not too worried because I'm only 25 and the NT measurement was 1.2mm though I know the blood work is also important.

Feeling a bit better this morning and used my doppler...placed it down where I thought baby might be before turning it on and as soon as I turned it on baby was chugging away haha very nice! 168bpm. HB seems to be staying in the 160's so I'll be interested if gender theory is correct for high hb's being girls.

I would call Or email her asking for a private meeting with her-she will probably tell you that she does not have time,but at least you make it seem more professional. If she is a difficult boss and you know she will Give you a hard time, do it over the phone

She isn't difficult at all usually (just to get hold of maybe lol -but that is because my shift choices not here lol -I do mainly nights and weekends ,whereas she isn't allowed to do these shifts as a grade 7, would cost NHS to much money lol)- and I could just pop in and see her one day I know she is working but I don't have the car when I am not working. This would mean a bus train and a long walk to work to say 'hi by the way I am pregnant, just wanted to let you know' lol and then make the journey back again haha. Still that may be more courteous than by phone!
The only aspect I do worry about, is how people will react to me being pregnant after my SPD last time and my age (don't like to be judged; even though it's really none of their concern, but I feel that if I have a horrible pregnancy they will all think -'well she asked for that') and also there have been 3 other ladies announce pregnancies in my unit in past few months haha -makes covering the shifts extremely hard for my poor boss:wacko::wacko:

xxx

All the best sweet xxx

Hi ladies, just popping in. No new news from me really, apart from im on my way to being 10 weeks!

Love to see all the scan pics, they all look so amazing, and just remind me of Amaras, when she was jumping about.

:hugs:

mummy2o I hope everything turns out Ok :hugs:

With talk of first tri vs second tri I thought this site is interesting: https://www.baby2see.com/pregnancylength.html in discussing how trimesters are calculated. So I guess it's more 14 than 13...1.5 weeks to go for me then :)

Thinking of you hun...hope you are ok! Let us know how you get on :hugs: xx

My midwife classes it 13+3 (third of 40weeks) so that is good enough for me lol .However I have long pregnancies so probably more like 14 wk for me -either way 14w tomorrow -HELLO 2nd tri yay!!

Just updating you guys. Baby was fine. Happily kicking away. No reason for the clot though. I will get a photo up later when I get 5 minutes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->