MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Really happy for you blessedbaby!!...im not far behind! Can't wait! xx

My symptoms keep becoming less and less.

Should I worry... Call the doctor?

_______
The same happened to me-boobs less swollen and MS pretty much had seemed to disappear. I had a bunch of energy too-my house was so clean during those days. I think you'll have moments when you'll feel almost normal again, and others that BamM, Prego symptoms come out full-blown. ~~I luckily had a scheduled ultrasound during that time and everything was fine with the baby which was a big relief-but I swear I thought I was going to receive bad news since my prego symptoms were gone.

With all that said, trust your instinct and call your doctor if you have concerns.

wannabubba#4

"The only aspect I do worry about, is how people will react to me being pregnant after my SPD last time and my age (don't like to be judged; even though it's really none of their concern, but I feel that if I have a horrible pregnancy they will all think -'well she asked for that') and also there have been 3 other ladies announce pregnancies in my unit in past few months haha -makes covering the shifts extremely hard for my poor boss:wacko::wacko:

xxx[/QUOTE]"
I don't know your age, but my relative was 41 with her first and 44 with her second. She worked in a large office building with many co-workers. Everyone was very happy for her and I think that the same will happen to you. Sometimes we create problems where there are none. Once you tell your boss, you're going to really be able to celebrate the gift you have growing inside:happydance::happydance::happydance::baby:

Alaskan i can def feel the taps too! I have been for a good 2 weeks now! :)

I can feel flutters to but not everyday and I worry wen I think ohh I haven't felt it for a few days, even tho I seen baby was fine at 12 week scan I stil worry. Can't wait to be having kicks x
I'm really really tired all the time I can't sleep at night x

I can feel flutters to but not everyday and I worry wen I think ohh I haven't felt it for a few days, even tho I seen baby was fine at 12 week scan I stil worry. Can't wait to be having kicks x
I'm really really tired all the time I can't sleep at night x

Wish I had lovely little bumps like you lot! :haha: I am plus size so it doesnt happen for a long time. I have been taking progression shots, and you can see a difference, its just not a cute little bump like I would like.

Off to register at the docs today. Is there a chance they wont do a 12 weeks scan in the UK if you register late at the docs?

For the ladies who have already had an NT scan -- do you feel like time has slowed down? Before my scan I felt like time was flying but now it's totally dragging. :( Maybe because I have so long to wait until my next scan.

Yeah definitely! From about 8 weeks time went quite fast until my scan and now it seems like someone has pressed rewind, or very slow-play! :haha: It feels like nothing is happening and to be honest I haven't felt pregnant at all lately and been kind of down about it. Not sure why. But the other night I actually cried for no reason for the first time this pregnancy. Hubby asked me if it was cause he 'stole' one of my jigsaw pieces (he likes to do that as a joke when I'm doing a jigsaw) and I was like: NO! Don't be silly!! That actually made me laugh for a while that he honestly thought maybe that's why I was crying :haha:

I think its slowed down to. It speed from 8 weeks to the scan like u said and now its going so slow and I don't really feel pregnant either just tired and the odd bit of sickness .
I can't wait 4 my next scan . 6 weeks seems so long tho x
Aww bless u hun I'm always crying x

So I registered at the docs. Me and Amara have to go in for a general check over next Friday. She also put my name down for the midwife, who wont be in until next thrusday, which she will then ring me, and get me booked in for my booking appointment with her. So I think I will be closer to 11 weeks by the time I see the midwife, fingers crossed I still get my 12 week scan.

wannabubba#4

"The only aspect I do worry about, is how people will react to me being pregnant after my SPD last time and my age (don't like to be judged; even though it's really none of their concern, but I feel that if I have a horrible pregnancy they will all think -'well she asked for that') and also there have been 3 other ladies announce pregnancies in my unit in past few months haha -makes covering the shifts extremely hard for my poor boss:wacko::wacko:

xxx
"
I don't know your age, but my relative was 41 with her first and 44 with her second. She worked in a large office building with many co-workers. Everyone was very happy for her and I think that the same will happen to you. Sometimes we create problems where there are none. Once you tell your boss, you're going to really be able to celebrate the gift you have growing inside:happydance::happydance::happydance::baby:[/QUOTE]

Thanks xxx And of course you were right - my boss was delighted for me - she wished me al lthe best and thanked me for letting her know. And so far no negative comments on fbook either - so relieved lol; and I FEEL GREAT now the news is out and I can flaunt my bump lol.. Although my bloat is going and my bump is much smaller than a few weeks ago haha. ps I am 40 (not ancient but with all the young people in my work just now having babies I am definitely the old mum to be lol)

So I registered at the docs. Me and Amara have to go in for a general check over next Friday. She also put my name down for the midwife, who wont be in until next thrusday, which she will then ring me, and get me booked in for my booking appointment with her. So I think I will be closer to 11 weeks by the time I see the midwife, fingers crossed I still get my 12 week scan.

They will probably try and scan you between then and 13w+6 - especially if they are doing NT testing as it is not accurate beyond 14weeks -Good luck xxx

I don't think the scan gets booked through the midwife. At least, here they don't! I'm pretty sure I got my scan date through the post before I'd even seen the midwife!

I don't think the scan gets booked through the midwife. At least, here they don't! I'm pretty sure I got my scan date through the post before I'd even seen the midwife!

Here the midwife sends off for scan appointment after booking in appointment, I guess its all done different everywhere x

Saw my new OB today and heard the heart beat. 150bpm. I finally gained 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks after gaining nothing up until now. They want to change my due date based on my last ultrasound in the ER from I think 8 weeks. My due date is March 12 but they want to change it to March 20th. 1 week is a big difference in terms of getting certain tests done on time and going overdue. I don't want to actually be 3 weeks overdue and they think I'm only 2 weeks you know? I can't vaginally deliver a 10lb baby lol. Plus I'm 100% certain of my dates, ovulation, etc. By their new due date I would have gotten my BFP before implantation would have occurred. The doc said that means I probably ovulate early (no... CD14 is not early) and got false positives before the real one (I thought you couldn't get a false positive?) She even said during my pap smear/pelvic exam that my uterus feels 12 weeks.

She said ultrasounds are most accurate but they warn you at those early scans that it could be off by 5-6 days in either direction so how is that more accurate than knowing my dates/body? I'm sticking to my original due date but that means my NT scan will be done at 13w2d when it should ideally be done earlier. Oh well.

I don't think US at 8 weeks are very accurate for dating a pregnancy. That's why they do them around 12 weeks usually, from what I've read!

So I'd just keep my duedate the same and see what happens!
Go with what you're most comfortable with!

Here the midwife sends off for scan appointment after booking in appointment, I guess its all done different everywhere x

Im not sure how its going to work. As the lady at the reception desk wasnt sure about anything to do with pregnancies and scans. But it is prob go for booking in scan, and she will send off for an appointment for the 12 week scan. I will prob suggest to her that if its any easier me and OH can drive to the local private scanning place and have it done there, if they cant fit me in with the hospital in time, as I had my 12 weeks one with Amara at the private clinic.

I don't think US at 8 weeks are very accurate for dating a pregnancy. That's why they do them around 12 weeks usually, from what I've read!

That's what I'd always heard as well. That's even what the tech and ER doc said (when I had my most recent scan) because babies grow at such different rates and are too small to measure accurately until the 12 week scan lol.

I'm sticking with MY date until an ultrasound proves otherwise (my NT scan is next Friday) but still. It's annoying me that the doc is telling me I'm wrong.

That's what I'd always heard as well.
even what the tech and ER doc said (when I had my most recent scan) because babies grow at such different rates and are too small to measure accurately until the 12 week scan lol.

I'm sticking with MY date until an ultrasound proves otherwise (my NT scan is next Friday) but still. It's annoying me that the doc is telling me I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure I read it in my pregnancy book. Not 100%, but like 98% haha. The thing I really didn't want to hear was that they might put my date back. But then again, whatever, my son was late and it kinda runs in my family so this baby probably won't be born on (or before) his/her duedate anyway! :haha:

Well I am definite on my dates with ovulation sa I was temping, and my 12 weeks scan put me forward a week ,which means they could technically want to induce me one week early -so I cannot see how accurate the 12 can can be either lol -although my baby this time IS 2cm bigger than my previous baby at same gestation; so just BIG baby or did I ovulate CD6 even though my temp never rose until CD13 -or is it the technique of the person scanning or how far zoomed in they etc?

Anyway, for you getting NT at 13w2d I fine, they do it up to 13w+6days with accuracy (my baby measured 13w+4days lol, so just within the limit)
xxx

I am happy to go with their date if they insist lol, anomaly scan is done between 18-22weeks anyway so it is fine but I wont be allowing induction of labour until 43weeks at least lol

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->