MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I don't think US at 8 weeks are very accurate for dating a pregnancy. That's why they do them around 12 weeks usually, from what I've read!

So I'd just keep my duedate the same and see what happens!
Go with what you're most comfortable with!

That's what I'd always heard as well.
even what the tech and ER doc said (when I had my most recent scan) because babies grow at such different rates and are too small to measure accurately until the 12 week scan lol.

I'm sticking with MY date until an ultrasound proves otherwise (my NT scan is next Friday) but still. It's annoying me that the doc is telling me I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure I read it in my pregnancy book. Not 100%, but like 98% haha. The thing I really didn't want to hear was that they might put my date back. But then again, whatever, my son was late and it kinda runs in my family so this baby probably won't be born on (or before) his/her duedate anyway! :haha:

My girls were both early (first was 11 days early and my second was 13 days early) so I don't want them to change my date and then this one comes early as well and they start freaking out that she's premature or something lol.

So I registered at the docs. Me and Amara have to go in for a general check over next Friday. She also put my name down for the midwife, who wont be in until next thrusday, which she will then ring me, and get me booked in for my booking appointment with her. So I think I will be closer to 11 weeks by the time I see the midwife, fingers crossed I still get my 12 week scan.

I don't think the scan gets booked through the midwife. At least, here they don't! I'm pretty sure I got my scan date through the post before I'd even seen the midwife!

Here the midwife sends off for scan appointment after booking in appointment, I guess its all done different everywhere x

My scan was also requested by the midwife after seeing her for my first appointment xx

I am really considering going for an early gender scan at 16+3 because I know they can tell by then and it is only $79 plus I am off of work that day. IDK...I really am pretty much dying to know since my 12 week scan!! I keep going back and forth now thinking pink/blue...right now I am thinking blue but it changes daily haha I really have no idea. It'd be nice to know...and the place makes a DVD of the session so that'd be nice to share with my relatives in South Africa :)

I agree Donna - I was temping too and know my dates and they measured me five days ahead at my 12 week scan. There's no way that date is correct.

I'm having pain on the left side kinda by my ovary and it's pretty uncomfortable. First thought is it's just the corpus luteum cyst but that should be gone by now right?

Last pregnancy I had a similar (but worse) pain on my right side & I could only describe it to the ER doc as it felt like a pain in my hip but it turned out to be a bad UTI. I don't know if this is similar or not related but it just started out of nowhere and it's uncomfortable when I feel that "twinge".

Morning girls. I'm so tired . I seriously can't sleep at night it takes me ages to fall asleep then I wake up and I'm tossing and turning al night :(

And I can't seem to sleep on my left side & ino I'm suppose2 x

I just saw on fb that my sister had a babyshower last night.... thrown by her friends and i wasn't even invited! :(

Woah eltjuh!!! Why would they do that???? Or was this just a private thing amongst them???? Like we have a group of 6 friends and whenever one of us is pregnant we have a mini "diaper shower". Nothing super fancy but its just the 6 of us and my sister is not invited. Was it like that maybe???? I'm so sorry. That's sucks!!!

Donna I'm so happy it's low risk. I just had my first part done and have to wait 2 weeks to do my second blood test. Basically if I don't hear from my dr until my next appt then I know not to worry. No news is good news. But she'll still give me my odds when I have my appt.

I'm not sure, it looked like any other baby shower from pictures I saw. Maybe they thought I wouldn't be able to come or they don't know I live in the UK too (as all our other family lives in Holland) but it would've been nice to have been invited regardless of whether they'd think I'd come or not!!

Mornin ladies!

Had my 12 week scan yesterday. All went beautifully. Hb was 167...the tech even told me that all the measurements they're looking for are in perfect ranges and I have a very healthy baby in here! I cried! Hahaha. She's like, is this your first? Hahaha. I said "No, I'm just very blessed to have a healthy baby"...my DH video taped and then got yelled at for doing so. Hahahaha. They also said baby is measuring 13 weeks but that they don't change a due date unless its more than 2 week due to babies and their growth spurts....so far a few people have guessed boy...guess we'll have to wait another month or so before we find out! Hahahaha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 6
Awww congrats bubs is so cute!

I scheduled an elective gender scan for 16+3 so September 25th. I am off that day anyways because I have to get the second part of my blood work done for trisomy testing so I figured why not, haha. The place I scheduled through is renowned for accuracy, the guy is like some kind of scan guru and people drive hours and hours to go see him. He hasn't been wrong in over 11,000 scans :thumbup: They guarantee accuracy by the 16th week and give you your money back if they can't see because of baby crossing legs or what-not so I feel good about it. Can't wait...I am dying to know if it is a boy or girl.

Lovely scan pic :) I'm guessing a girl x
Mornin ladies!

Had my 12 week scan yesterday. All went beautifully. Hb was 167...the tech even told me that all the measurements they're looking for are in perfect ranges and I have a very healthy baby in here! I cried! Hahaha. She's like, is this your first? Hahaha. I said "No, I'm just very blessed to have a healthy baby"...my DH video taped and then got yelled at for doing so. Hahahaha. They also said baby is measuring 13 weeks but that they don't change a due date unless its more than 2 week due to babies and their growth spurts....so far a few people have guessed boy...guess we'll have to wait another month or so before we find out! Hahahaha.

Lovely scan pic :) I'm guessing a girl x
Mornin ladies!

Donna I think because I really don't have a preference on gender and am excited about either....I LOVE hearing both! Hahaha.

I just saw on fb that my sister had a babyshower last night.... thrown by her friends and i wasn't even invited! :(
I would have been so hurt and upset about this....I think someone else asked you here, was it something a bit small just with a few friends or co-workers? Maybe they assume you and your close family will have something for her.

I'm not too sure. It seemed like any other baby shower, with friends. It was for my sister and her sister-in-law. But I have met her sister-in-law plenty of times and speak to her on FB and everything (as we had our first kids close together) So it's not like they couldn't invite me cause it was her babyshower aswell!
I was pretty upset about it this morning.... kinda wanted to say something, but I don't wanna start any arguments or anything like that, so I think I'll just leave it!
It just would've been nice to be invited!

Dh's sister-in-law had a baby shower for their twin boys in Dec, I wasn't invited but we were already not on speaking terms by then. But she invited DH's sister which makes no sense as it's the way SIL has been treating DH's sister is why we aren't talking.

It's a silly long story but Dh's brother and wife can't seem to stand anyone else in the family being happy, or they hate not being the center of attention. They kicked off against DH's sister in 2012 and wrote a long letter to my FIL about her side of the family and spouting lies (all whilst she was steaming drunk... and pregnant!). The first time I met DH's SIL, she actually tried to put thoughts into my head that DH was this and that and not the sort of person you'd want to marry (I'm so glad I'd known DH for about 18 months before I met the demoness!) She even went and gave me prenatals when they had us over for dinner and said "Here, take these because we do not want deformed kids in our family!" and then went on to spout supposed stories about DH and his ex girlfriends in the past. It's one thing to caringly give a soon to be SIL prenatals and say because we want you to have healthy babies, but the way she said it implied any future child of ours would have problems. SO I am glad we aren't talking because undoubtedly I would be criticized for everything I do whilst we grow this little one.

Urgh they both make my skin crawl now, so devious and my MIL had to take the scan pics we gave them off their fridge whilst they were over for dinner just as to not to have to hear how they view us as future parents. It's sad really they have torn themselves out of family gatherings, etc. It upsets my MIL and FIL but at least they can agree that none of us did anything to warrant being ousted from their lives.

DH's sister is the polar opposite, so loving and she'd do anything for anyone. She's demanded that she gets to throw us a baby shower and coo's over every scan pic, DH and I love her to bits!

Having a really hard day today! We wentto gettysburg last night w my class i teach to do a ghost hunt, we live 3 hrs away ... It started at 10 pm and was supposed to end at 11:30, but continued on until 1am...we had a blast but we didnt end up home til 4:30 am! Im exhausted, i slept 5 hrs but felt like 0! On top of it my entire body just hurts, my uterus, my back, my legs prob cuz we did about 3 hrs f walking... I feel like i just need to sleep all day...on top of it ive been sick all day w ms!:(. Sorty just feeling sorry for myself! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->